Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i cant find the source for this at all. average gas price at the pump is at a low for this year but it was cheaper last year and parts of the year before that. gasoline commodity futures are also not at their lowest.

the lack of specificity of this claim + the fact that there is not a clear source that explains how it is determined means that if someone asks about this at a press conference later someone can say something like "actually the current national average price is lower than the average price of gas over the last ten years" or some other weird statistics trick that will drive me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

as an aside i love how everyone in that picture looks vaguely uncomfortable about it, except the most honest toddler in the universe

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

i wish people would call trump's bluffs more, despite how petty he is he clearly loathes direct confrontation of any kind

like the same day he randomly calls out north korea and nk immediately fires a missile into the sky

then he says nothing, because coward

Even the "liberal" media will not dare to question certain aspects of the Trump lore. They never acknowledge what a tremendous pussy he is, how laughably effeminate he is (the only reason that's bad is because he is so desperate to appear masculine), or what a terrible father he is.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Even the "liberal" media will not dare to question certain aspects of the Trump lore. They never acknowledge what a tremendous pussy he is, how laughably effeminate he is (the only reason that's bad is because he is so desperate to appear masculine), or what a terrible father he is.

nah i wouldn't call trump effeminate, he's toxic masculinity boiled down into an orange potion

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

slouch posted:

i cant find the source for this at all.

what the hell is a source?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Nichael posted:

right, I'm just kind of numb to their poo poo now. the lack of Mattering isn't exclusive to Donny, and I don't know how you change that

The people that are still MAGA'ing are people that live miles from anywhere, and get their news from reading the USA Today headlines at the news boxes at the gas station on the way to work or on the way home from the bar, and watching Fox News when they get home. They are entirely insulated from the world. It's convenience store culture propping up a phony president. The lights are on but there's nobody home. The Fourth Reich is here.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

they'll be plenty low after the next recession kills demand!

wokka wokka we're headed toward 2008 level recession

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

petit choux posted:

: The people that are still MAGA'ing are people that live miles from anywhere, and get their news from reading the USA Today headlines at the news boxes at the gas station on the way to work or on the way home from the bar, and watching Fox News when they get home. They are entirely insulated from the world. It's convenience store culture propping up a phony president. The lights are on but there's nobody home. The Fourth Reich is here.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yinlock posted:

nah i wouldn't call trump effeminate, he's toxic masculinity boiled down into an orange potion

He's Fredo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

He's got those little sassy hand gestures, he's physically a big soft baby, he's soft in mind, body, and will

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

He's a vain old man who loves to talk about his hair and the product he uses in it. He is obsessed with home decor. He has had plastic surgery and uses diet pills. I'm not judging any of this beyond the fact they he's desperate to be something he is definitively not.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

what the hell is a source?

even just a bullshit source. anything that would have inspired the tweet. theres nothing on fox or brietbart about this. maybe it was on tv?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Imagine cuddling with Donnie and his big soft body and it's his turn to be the big spoon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also you're still not Fourth Reich levels, because trump fucks up everything you're stuck in a weird half-fascism

you're the 3 1/2th reich

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
chris christie is the greatest and im super disappointed he was never appointed to cabinet

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

He's got those little sassy hand gestures, he's physically a big soft baby, he's soft in mind, body, and will

He uses the words "darling" and "terrific" loool

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Yinlock posted:

also you're still not Fourth Reich levels, because trump fucks up everything you're stuck in a weird half-fascism

you're the 3 1/2th reich

The Trisomy 21 reich.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

chris christie is the greatest and im super disappointed he was never appointed to cabinet

christie getting turbocucked was still one of the most trump moves trump has ever pulled

even after christie robbed his state of 25 million to bail trump out too lmao

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Also Donnie has literally never been to a gas station or have any knowledge of how gasoline prices work so someone probably mentioned that gas prices were down and since Obama is the devil, they're lower than Obama could ever make them because TRUMP bing bing bong

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

the sassy hand gestures are his tic when he's lying, which is always

also being a big baby in mind and body is masculine as hell

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/881945425342869513

but have they interviewed william shakespeare yet

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, that's one thing that really got me. The way he uses his hands when he speaks. It's the definitive "I have never worked a day in my life" indicator, bar none, and his MAGA cocksuckers bought it up lock, stock and two smoking ED BALLS.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

angerbeet posted:

Imagine cuddling with Donnie and his big soft body and it's his turn to be the big spoon

Gah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reality Winner posted:

they were just big fans who wanted to talk about Suddenly Susan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

petit choux posted:

Yeah, that's one thing that really got me. The way he uses his hands when he speaks. It's the definitive "I have never worked a day in my life" indicator, bar none, and his MAGA cocksuckers bought it up lock, stock and two smoking ED BALLS.

it's to emphasize his words and make them seem EXTRA TRUTHFUL

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

slouch posted:

even just a bullshit source. anything that would have inspired the tweet. theres nothing on fox or brietbart about this. maybe it was on tv?

Trump is is own bullshit source :smugdon:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

slouch posted:

i cant find the source for this at all. average gas price at the pump is at a low for this year but it was cheaper last year and parts of the year before that. gasoline commodity futures are also not at their lowest.

the lack of specificity of this claim + the fact that there is not a clear source that explains how it is determined means that if someone asks about this at a press conference later someone can say something like "actually the current national average price is lower than the average price of gas over the last ten years" or some other weird statistics trick that will drive me insane.

woah ur not suggesting he lied are u?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

they were just big fans who wanted to talk about Suddenly Susan

you mean newsradio?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

trump: i want her erased
secret service: sir we can't actually do that, she's white and really mildly famous
trump: ERASED
secret service: (gently caress how do we get out of this one)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reality Winner posted:

you mean newsradio?

no, Suddenly Susan

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

angerbeet posted:

Imagine cuddling with Donnie and his big soft body

soft, like a rotting ham

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

you're no stephen colbert

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Trump is is own bullshit source :smugdon:

it's been awhile since we got the combo of trump compulsively lying then immediately believing his own lie because he's a narcissist

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

lol donny twice threatened to have Clinton killed, no consequences

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
trump?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016