Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

RyokoTK posted:

Most of this stuff is super mundane on a scale of jerkass drivers.

The "road rage" incident where someone appeared to be trying to piss out their own window into the next car was pretty funny tho.

Timestamped for your pleasure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXJqj4lJ0o&t=40s
:piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:stonk:

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

People putting poo poo in their eyes that isn't contacts weirds me the gently caress out, they're too fragile to be playing with, do you want to go blind!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZjtufbRZwA

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I believe you mean :pwn:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

He either recocked it or he was carrying a gun so broken just poking it would fire it and I find that hard to believe with a revolver

If it's something like a Single Action Army clone, the hammer needs to be brought to half-cock to allow the cylinder to turn so it can be unloaded. Through a combination of being unfamiliar with 19th century revolvers and being really careless I could see it being possible to shoot off a round while trying to unload it. That still doesn't explain the first shot and in most "the gun went off" stories everyone involved is super full of poo poo.

Even then, lots of people use something called a "holster" so the trigger is covered and the issue is eliminated completely.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
You're talking about a dude who went to a rally that was to counter a fake rally that was made up by Twitter frogs. It was originally a honeypot attempt at getting antifa out to look stupid trying to take down something that doesn't exist. Instead you got people like this guy out defending things that don't exist from people that don't exist. That is the calibre of individual we are talking about.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

If it's something like a Single Action Army clone, the hammer needs to be brought to half-cock to allow the cylinder to turn so it can be unloaded. Through a combination of being unfamiliar with 19th century revolvers and being really careless I could see it being possible to shoot off a round while trying to unload it. That still doesn't explain the first shot and in most "the gun went off" stories everyone involved is super full of poo poo.

Even then, lots of people use something called a "holster" so the trigger is covered and the issue is eliminated completely.

Apparently it WAS holstered and he leaned a flag pole against it, but yeah the most likely explanation is he lied and actually pulled the gun out and got his finger in the trigger guard like a dipshit

AlmightyBob has a new favorite as of 07:55 on Jul 4, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bogan King posted:

You're talking about a dude who went to a rally that was to counter a fake rally that was made up by Twitter frogs. It was originally a honeypot attempt at getting antifa out to look stupid trying to take down something that doesn't exist. Instead you got people like this guy out defending things that don't exist from people that don't exist. That is the calibre of individual we are talking about.

Its also the end of objective reality as we know it.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
So when a person shoots themselves with their own gun, are they still allowed to own guns? Because that seems pretty unsafe.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

belt posted:

So when a person shoots themselves with their own gun, are they still allowed to own guns? Because that seems pretty unsafe.

lol

orange sky
May 7, 2007

belt posted:

Duh the rule is you always get to have a gun unless you shoot a white person that isn't you

It's in the law, stupid

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

belt posted:

The people who've already shot themselves are obviously the ones at highest risk of getting shot again. They have to buy more guns in case they come back to shoot themselves again.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

As someone who recently started running his dashcam at all times, I can confirm but would add (in the case of the last gentleman seen here) "or trying to make *you* kill *them*"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXJqj4lJ0o

Don't post any more of these.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

The people who've already shot themselves are obviously the ones at highest risk of getting shot again. They have to buy more guns in case they come back to shoot themselves again.

And an old classic

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Although you can carry in a PA national park, it must be concealed. I'm willing to bet he had a pre-1898 cap and ball revolver. Since that isn't a firearm in the eyes of the fed, he would be able to open carry it. Where he could rest a loving pole on it.

That would also explain the cops being unable to unload it and the primers going off so easily. And no news article I could find saying he was charged with anything.

Edit: For those that don't know, a modern center fire bullet has the primer shell sitting on the casing and nothing touches the primer powder except for the primer shell. So unless you dent the primer, it is unlikely to go off because the shell protects it when you decock the pistol. Kind of like a cup with a lid sitting in a cup holder in your non-German car. Take those turns fast. You're safe!

For a cap and ball pistol, the primer needs to be protected from the weather, since one side is exposed completely and wet primer doesn't go boom, so it fits snuggly and directly against a nipple on the cylinder with the primer powder resting directly on that nipple. So when you decock it, 100% of what little, stressed little so much, force you use is transfered directly into kinetic energy against the primer. Too much and BOOM! Kind of like a full mug sitting on your car dash with you trying to take turns slow.

Two Feet From Bread has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Jul 4, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

:laugh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The only thing that stops a bad leg with a gun is a good leg with a gun, so obviously he should have had 2 of em, and he'd have been safe.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If he was properly trained he would have shot himself to prevent him from shooting himself.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TKIY posted:

If he was properly trained he would have shot himself to prevent him from shooting himself.

but unfortunately his leg didn't have a gun and couldn't defend itself

thanks obama

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Well sure, they're firearms, not firelegs.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SiKboy posted:

Well sure, they're firearms, not firelegs.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Any relation to this guy?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Any relation to this guy?

Can't be, different legs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

belt posted:

Excuse me, but it is my God given right to shoot myself. Or my wife.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

How did this happen? Did a pothole just open up under the car or something? It certainly looks like a water pipe burst, but still, I'd have expected a drop of less than a foot.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

CommissarMega posted:

How did this happen? Did a pothole just open up under the car or something? It certainly looks like a water pipe burst, but still, I'd have expected a drop of less than a foot.

I'd guess that a pipe developed a leak, and eroded away the soil under the pavement, so the only thing keeping the car up was a sheet of asphalt stretched over a hole. The asphalt gave away, plunging the car into the hole, breaking the pipe, and flooding the sinkhole.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Looks like the postmodernist agenda to me

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Inco posted:

I'd guess that a pipe developed a leak, and eroded away the soil under the pavement, so the only thing keeping the car up was a sheet of asphalt stretched over a hole. The asphalt gave away, plunging the car into the hole, breaking the pipe, and flooding the sinkhole.

Yeah, I get that- I just wasn't expecting the sinkhole to be so deep.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

RareAcumen posted:

And an old classic

Loss edits are getting more and more esoteric, I tell you what.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

SLOSifl posted:

It's not illegal (generally) to pass a car while you're in the right lane in the US. You should move right when nobody is in your way, but that's driving etiquette which is like mouse laws or moon president - just two words.

One of the very few good things about Florida is that its actually state law for slower moving traffic to keep right:

quote:

On a road, street, or highway having two or more lanes allowing movement in the same direction, a driver may not continue to operate a motor vehicle in the furthermost left-hand lane if the driver knows or reasonably should know that he or she is being overtaken in that lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed. This subsection does not apply to drivers operating a vehicle that is overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, or is preparing for a left turn at an intersection.

source

The schadenfreude, of course, is that I often feel like I'm the only person in the state that is aware of this.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Scarf posted:

So you call a guy a dickhead for (albeit illegally) passing you, while you're the one cruising in the left lane :confused:

If by "cruising" you mean "turning left in a couple hundred yards" sure

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://i.imgur.com/8V6fjPL.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/kYlGHiZ.mp4

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

while we're on the fireworks bender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDgOGC5Lcc

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
2017 No Prisoners is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpdZgypOPdA

If you don't mind the occasional absolutely-definitely immediately fatal accident, there's also a bunch of douches pulling wheelies and falling over!