Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Nice meltdown

Ive been triggered

by BULLSHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Ive been triggered

by BULLSHIT

it's july, you should... write a blog about it :smug:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ive been triggered

by BULLSHIT

The Stimpire claims another victim

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ive been triggered

by BULLSHIT

The sooner you build up a strong resistance to Roberts Science©, the sooner you can just relax and laugh uproariously at the utter mind-boggling wilful ignorance and stupidity of it all. It's better that way.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How does gravity goo get "turned off"?

How does gravity goo affect incoming projectiles?

How does gravity goo react to a pipe leak and thus floating out into space?

Is it possible to store up large amounts of gravity goo? Can you crash said ship into a space station and cause a super massive black hole to form? Can you extract gravity goo from a red ball in an alien ship from a well-known franchise by an old guy to stop a procedurally generated supernova before being hunted down by an evil dude who also uses the gravity goo but for nefarious purposes?

Maybe it's, like, inert unless you run a charge through it? Or something?

I mean we're making poo poo up here already, may as well go for broke.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Variable 5 posted:

Nobody's going to register on your site just to see that link.

Ah. It's the site's stats. I didn't realize you had to be logged in to see it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Guard Frequency » Guard Frequency Episode 174 | It’s not Rocket Finance

http://guardfrequency.com/174

The "Coutts loan" fun starts around 08:00

ps: Don't everyone chant "Derek Smart was right" all at once. Do pace yourselves.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Shadowlyger posted:

Maybe it's, like, inert unless you run a charge through it? Or something?

I mean we're making poo poo up here already, may as well go for broke.

Not until I'm making bank like the Roberts' :colbert:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Tippis posted:

The sooner you build up a strong resistance to Roberts Science©, the sooner you can just relax and laugh uproariously at the utter mind-boggling wilful ignorance and stupidity of it all. It's better that way.

I was previously inoculated against all of this, but I've been injected with insanity you see, and my blood has been replaced with liquid crystal titanium, which hurts like a motherfucker

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

Star Citizen should have a ship that's basically a water pistol squirting gravity goo at its enemies to crush them.

Squirting folks with Black Hole Juice (:mmmsmug:) would be interesting weapon. The individual droplets could even effect ships on a near miss, as they are suddenly pulled toward them. Or a giant cluster of gravity goo coalescing in space could force smaller ships into orbiting them. It would challenge conventional dogfighting mechanics and add some interesting twists to gameplay.

So, of course, they wouldn't implement that in the game.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Said the quintessential forum moron who never has a clue about anything.
:iceburn:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/epPjEeG.gifv

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"Smart Community"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spatial posted:

Making cargo affect the game mechanics is camatose-level game design. Think about this for even one second and you can see it's insane. Get in a dogfight and take some items and you're now slower and less able to fight? What? The obvious result is nobody carrying any cargo at all.

In elite your cargo makes your ship less agile but on fighter ships you wont even notice it. On larger freight ships it becomes very noticeable specially when going into different gravity planets back to back.

These are things that Elite has had for years and CIG hasn't demonstrated working yet despite having twice the amount of developers.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

These are things that Elite has had for years and CIG hasn't demonstrated working yet despite having twice the amount of developers.

But Chris said it's never been done before?

God drat the whole "never been done before" things annoys me, it's all been done before idiots, this isn't the first game to have ever been made.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rudager posted:

God drat the whole "never been done before" things annoys me, it's all been done before idiots, this isn't the first game to have ever been made.

What's never been done before is the total inflexibility in the face of technical limitation. Just do it!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
CIG has truly pioneered one field that has never been done before, tricking mentally unstable idiots into defending someone that is scamming them.

Wait religion beat them to it by a few thousand years.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
CIG needs to take another loan pronto or this thread will self-destruct.

I was gonna say they needed to release 3.0 soon but, :lol:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Said the quintessential forum moron who never has a clue about anything.
[/quote]

Bait, hook line and sinker.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

trucutru posted:

CIG needs to take another loan pronto or this thread will self-destruct.

I was gonna say they needed to release 3.0 soon but, :lol:

I'm so loving excited for 3.0, probably even more excited than most citizens.

It's going to be an absolute disaster and may very well be what ends up sinking the game.

I hope there is a free fly even going on so I can gently caress with citizens in game and not just poke them on reddit.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rudager posted:

It's never been done before by people who have no idea how to do it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Meanwhile, that tick-tick-ticking sound you hear is the increasing irrelevance of anything Chris has promised.

Single-developer minecraft clone still in pre-release stage does a video featuring elite style space flight, ringworlds, scriptable ships, pilotable mechs

Skip to about 1 minute in where it starts getting good.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 4, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

why does the r/dereksmart page have a big ol typo in the "links of interest involving derek smart" where it says "derek smarts's something awful sub-forum"

dang thats gotta be embarassing

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ramadu posted:

why does the r/dereksmart page have a big ol typo in the "links of interest involving derek smart" where it says "derek smarts's something awful sub-forum"

dang thats gotta be embarassing

Because the sort of people who'd think it's necessary to archive Dr Smart's public comments are loving idiots.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Being completely honest here, I sincerely hope that 3.0 is everything all the cultists think it is.

I also sincerely hope that Star Citizen releases and is awesome.

I would love nothing more than to blow up those massively expensive jpegs that idiots bought.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Being completely honest here, I sincerely hope that 3.0 is everything all the cultists think it is.

I also sincerely hope that Star Citizen releases and is awesome.

I would love nothing more than to blow up those massively expensive jpegs that idiots bought.

I do too because it means we would have developed technology straight out of science fiction to simulate a realistic universe and you and I would be fine tuning our robot bodies after we use quantum computers to transfer our conciousness out of our body while Star Citizen flawlessly simulates a majority of the universe in real time, real size space with millions of characters and ships flawlessly simulated down to the most minute detail.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I think Croberts might have hired some ex-slack developers

https://twitter.com/heyitsgarrett/status/741390884185350144

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Bombcast today:

"I have been off the grid living in a monestary in Japan for the past two years. What did I miss?"

"Do you remember The Apprentice? Also, Star Citizen still isn't out."

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Space Crabs posted:

I do too because it means we would have developed technology straight out of science fiction to simulate a realistic universe and you and I would be fine tuning our robot bodies after we use quantum computers to transfer our conciousness out of our body while Star Citizen flawlessly simulates a majority of the universe in real time, real size space with millions of characters and ships flawlessly simulated down to the most minute detail.

I think you'll find that CIG has had a realistic universe simulation for some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4r3ksHXng&t=472s

Chris Roberts posted:

We actually have a full Universe simulation that runs… we actually don’t need it to run on any particular bank of servers. It just actually runs on one server, and it simulates about 20 million AI agents.

- Chris Roberts, 10 for the chairman episode 62. 3rd August 2015

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Sorry, I'm not quite sure you got that.

He said they had a full 20 million AI, universe simulation, in August 2015!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Press X to Tickle

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

I think you'll find that CIG has had a realistic universe simulation for some time.

Forgive the guy for telling a few tall tales at the time, it's pretty obvious from that still shot he hadn't had a proper hair cut in ages

That can make any man go a little sideways

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Makes sense when the planet is smaller in diameter than the Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMtShnoOvck

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Wrecked Angle posted:

He didn't say it was a functional simulation. Check mate goonie :smug:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/StarTravelerORG/status/881999908399656960

Seriously, was hair a stretch goal for $160M?

also lol at the underwear that probably has a 1.5 million poly count.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Who are all these twitter accounts that try to sell ships by showing off 3d models in underwear?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Drunk Theory posted:

Who are all these twitter accounts that try to sell ships by showing off 3d models in underwear?

Are you telling me there's a better way to sell spesships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/882285136099786752

Bunnyman has unleashed his redacted sex-bot collection on Ben's twitter account.