Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hey Whose Mule posted:

'Moonrise Kingdom' is the best Wes Anderson film.

Darjeeling Ltd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Mu Zeta posted:

I like the mustard part but a lot of people load it up with mayonnaise or even worse, sour cream or greek yogurt or something. So gross.

I am now compelled to ask my wife how she makes 'em just so I know how far gone I already am.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Only vegetable I never liked was beets, but I just discovered I love them sliced thin in coleslaw. I love the hell out of peas, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans... I've never tried a vegetable I don't like in some way.
I'm told okra might be the one to break me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Only vegetable I never liked was beets, but I just discovered I love them sliced thin in coleslaw. I love the hell out of peas, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans... I've never tried a vegetable I don't like in some way.

Okra is great in stews or slow cooked with rice. I guess just eating a fistful of it raw would suck.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Okra is great in stews or slow cooked with rice. I guess just eating a fistful of it raw would suck.

Person who said that hates brussel sprouts and peas, so :shrug:. My god, I don't know how anyone could hate peas. I could eat a drat bowl of them as a meal.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Fried okra is the best :yum:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Did you forget that potatoes are from South America? Because you can't possibly be saying that corn is better than potatoes. Baked, mashed, fried, they're just great. :colbert:

I'm saying it, Tiggum. I'm saying it to your face. I'm saying to your dog. I'm saying it to your mom's cavernous gape: though delicious, potatoes are second to corn. And corn is second to none.

You know one lame way to eat potatoes? Raw.

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Mayonnaise hate is undeserved. It is the best condiment for anything you would normally put condiments on

Yes. And ranch is adulterated and inferior mayonnaise.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I like sprouts.

Morally, there is nothing objectionable with this. But you will never be popular in my house.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I'll eat the living poo poo out of sprouts. I also love lima beans. All vegetables are delicious. Peas and carrots are like, the best combination of anything ever combined in the history of combining things, and I could probably eat a mixing bowl of them given the chance, but peas are awesome by themselves, too.

The only thing I don't care for is eggplant. I've eaten it several different ways and in several dishes and it just does nothing for me. I don't hate it, but I wish not to eat anything with it if I was given the choice.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Fresh Iowa Sweet Corn.

bitches.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ethanol is ruining america

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Das Boo posted:

Tried parsnips?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Mushrooms are disgusting. Psilocybin mushrooms are alright.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

We Know Catheters posted:

Mushrooms are disgusting. Psilocybin mushrooms are alright.

frying mushrooms have one of the greatest smells of all cooking vegetables

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Your sense of smell is dead.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Ethanol is ruining america

Stop talking about my drinking problem.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Jastiger posted:

Fresh Iowa Sweet Corn.
gently caress. Yeah.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Fellow Iowinians?!

Iowa is the greatest state; an opinion only unpopular outside of the greatest state

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fellow Iowinians?!

Iowa is the greatest state; an opinion only unpopular outside of the greatest state

You must be new here.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Oh, everyone is aware that Iowa is the greatest state? Great!

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
No, everyone's aware that Jastiger will never STFU about his terminally boring flyover home state and we try not to engage him any more than necessary.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Ah well to answer that question, I am new here

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ah well to answer that question, I am new here

I can only imagine the poor life choices that have lead to you joining the SomethingAwful forums in 2017. In fact I don't believe it. You've the smell of a rereg about you!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's nothing intrinsically wrong with taking advantage of loopholes; although loopholes should generally be closed (if they have the effect of making the procedure less fair), if they exist because there's been, say, some administrative oversight somewhere down the line that's left them open, then you might as well use them while you can.

If you find someone using a loophole, then close the loophole, but don't punish the person for using it. You shouldn't be penalised because somebody else made a mistake.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with taking advantage of loopholes; although loopholes should generally be closed (if they have the effect of making the procedure less fair), if they exist because there's been, say, some administrative oversight somewhere down the line that's left them open, then you might as well use them while you can.

If you find someone using a loophole, then close the loophole, but don't punish the person for using it. You shouldn't be penalised because somebody else made a mistake.

Perhaps, but it sounds like you are straying dangerously close to the opinion of "as long as the law does not forbid it, I should do so."

It's not illegal to constantly scream vile insults at your wife/husband, for example.

When was the last time someone was punished for exploiting a loophole, anyway?

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo
CONTENT:

I dislike people who whine about people being "judgemental" about their decisions.

If you can't take criticism either with a good grace or at least have the fortitude to ignore them without passively moaning about the consequences, then don't do *whatever*.

No man is a island, and you can't expect everyone to agree with you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Then we must force them, comrade.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's nothing wrong with loopholes
*lures a child on his property to shoot him under the castle doctrine*

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can only imagine the poor life choices that have lead to you joining the SomethingAwful forums in 2017. In fact I don't believe it. You've the smell of a rereg about you!

I don't know if this is a compliment

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know if this is a compliment

Well. We're all goons, so the only compliments we're allowed to give each other is if we make a funny picture, do a good LP of an SNES or PS1 game, or are a girl and post a picture of ourselves in pajamas.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
-snip-

Turtlicious has a new favorite as of 10:28 on Jul 7, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turtlicious posted:

Lying to the ER about your name, SS#, and address is ok if you can't pay for insurance. It's the system's fault that you can't get healthcare, and if the alternative is dying, that shouldn't be an option.

yeah

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

SO wait, you're super religious but don't take any texts literally? At all? Then whats the point?

lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This might not be unpopular here, but I am getting so loving sick of seeing that macro with Kermit drinking tea. It is almost always accompanied by some hateful, dumbass opinion about people on welfare or something like that, and I hate seeing the Muppets used for that bullshit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This might not be unpopular here, but I am getting so loving sick of seeing that macro with Kermit drinking tea. It is almost always accompanied by some hateful, dumbass opinion about people on welfare or something like that, and I hate seeing the Muppets used for that bullshit.

Same with the condescending Wonka meme

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Long, rambling, poorly punctuated posts on Facebook are the ideal political medium

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Not my fault you're inconsistent and contradictory.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jastiger posted:

Have you read the bible?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jastiger posted:

inconsistent and contradictory.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

I'm not using the PHUO thread to explain to you how various religious groups see their texts, you belligerent buffoon. Let it be known however that you're wrong and a moron, as befits a proud citizen of your flyover Trump-voting wasteland of a state. Here in places with margins closer than that of Texas we actually have a lot of groups with pretty nuanced opinions. Ain't the reform jews fault that the only people near you are insane baptists.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Lots of religious people use their "faith" mainly as a way to signal to their peers that they belong to the group and conform to its ways. It's sort of like wearing a cowboy hat or truck nuts, only more pretentious.