Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Hahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

In a vacuum it's not a bad deal, but the fact that it's Sacramento makes me think Vlade is trying to accelerate a rebuild and not develop young talent. Also I'm a firm believer that you go after young FAs or you trust the process and try to get assets.

All the veterans on this team will expire in two years, which is also when you have a feel for the young guys on your team. All the players on the team are either good character veterans or guys on rookie deals. I'm worried Joerger will lean on Zbo more than I'm comfortable with, but Vlade seems to have the most coherent rebuilding plan we've ever had

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
poo poo, I really wanted to gloat all over my Celtics friends about how poo poo Ainge actually is :(

ECF should be fun this year

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
There 100% has to be a somewhat interesting Celtic offload trade imminent

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
I'm skeptical Hayward was actually undecided today considering that how long that goodbye post to Utah is

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
RIP Tanner Ainge's congressional campaign :v:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The B_36 posted:

I really, desperately, DO NOT want to wade into the Labour vs Capital debate and be faced with having to read 1100 pages of the Communist Manifesto
The Manifesto is a breezy 30 pages

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress yeah

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

misdirectomy posted:

I'm skeptical Hayward was actually undecided today considering that how long that goodbye post to Utah is

Hayward is the guy that takes a woman to a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant and buys her flowers and candy before breaking up with her and thinks it makes him a swell guy.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gordon. loving. Hayward.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Hayward reverses the critical loss of video game talent from East to West

This is looking like a shrewd move by Boston here: https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...zNQO/story.html

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

misdirectomy posted:

pssh his APM is immense, he could have knocked that out in an hour

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

misdirectomy posted:

Not that hard to prewrite a few different versions and toss the unused ones, it happens a lot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wow wow wow
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/882390402468327424

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

"Thank You, Utah but I want to know what it feels like to face LBJ (and lose) in the playoffs. En Taro Adun"

This thread is moving at speeds I have not seen since 2011 when LBJ went on national TV wearing a picnic table blanket as a shirt and cursed out a bunch of CLE kids.

EvanTH posted:

That being said, I would not trade them because Dolan is 62 and Gilbert is 55, and Dolan was an alcoholic for at least 20 years, so Dolan seems more likely to die first.

It's hard to know without seeing their detailed medical histories.

EvanTH posted:

One Fun Fact about the Ten Commandments is how "covet thy neighbors wife" is just another include in a list of his property

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Adultery section is more confusing because it's never really defined in the Bible, but adultery was generally considered a capital crime, both parties could be put to death, which, as I have said in other threads, is far too lenient and narrow.

Another fact concerning the ten commandments is that they are slightly different based on religion/sect/denomination. Catholics omit the "graven images" section and there are other differences too. Although this never seems to come up when different people are raging about those monuments and erecting them and mentally ill atheists are running them over with their big rig trucks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Someone gonna overpay that boy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Signs with Cleveland for the minimum. Revenge Tour

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/882387701445533697
https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/882390404318060544

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sounds like Boston will have to dump Smart and maybe Demetrius Jackson. Would love the Bulls to get in on Jackson if they actually were working.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

Sounds like Boston will have to dump Smart and maybe Demetrius Jackson. Would love the Bulls to get in on Jackson if they actually were working.

I almost guarantee Crowder will be dumped

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Someone gonna overpay that boy

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/882390687102124032

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

You should also have to be a top-10 player who is going to a team that has a chance to win a championship to get announce your decision in the Players Tribune.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

gently caress yeah

lol danny ainge what a terrible gm etc

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Not sure this solves any of the Celtics problems against Cleveland, but it's not like this mortgages their future at all.

Personally I hoped he'd sign with Miami because the storyline of LeBron facing a formidable Heat team in the playoffs would be super interesting. Oh well. The conference remains Cleveland Boston Washington-kinda Milwaukee-soooorta and then a literal tire fire.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If Boston cuts Kelly and Amir left for Philly their post depth is really thin

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Miami officially waived Chris Bosh. A very quiet end to the Big Three.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I almost guarantee Crowder will be dumped

if you truly think this its a grave sin to waste the last few Jae Chowdah's you will ever get to say

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

gently caress

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Not sure this solves any of the Celtics problems against Cleveland, but it's not like this mortgages their future at all.

It doesn't really but it's more fun to watch than the alternative!

EvanTH posted:

the worst

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

if you truly think this its a grave sin to waste the last few Jae Chowdah's you will ever get to say

Jae Chowdahhhhhhhhhhhhh ayuh

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
free agency is a mistake and only serves to hurt small market teams

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Man I was really hoping it was going to turn out that Hayward was all set to sign with Boston until the news was prematurely leaked and then he got so pissed off he did a 180 and resigned with Utah. That would've been even funnier than the DeAndre Jordan hostage situation.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I don't get this move at all apart from $$$. To me, Utah seemed like a better team and either way you are going to hit a roadblock in the playoffs anyway.

What can Utah do now, they need another scorer??

I also dreamed about this happening last night, think I'm obsessed with basketball.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

BoonyPC posted:

I don't get this move at all apart from $$$. To me, Utah seemed like a better team and either way you are going to hit a roadblock in the playoffs anyway.

Utah? better than Boston? Consensus top 5 coach + ECF team + ridiculous assets + not in the west?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

BoonyPC posted:

They can roll over and die in the first round :black101:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

EvanTH posted:

They could have worked out Butler/George along with Hayward. Would have actually allowed them to compete for a title.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Utah? better than Boston? Consensus top 5 coach + ECF team + ridiculous assets + not in the west?

Snyder seems to be a decent coach and I'd take Gobert over anyone on Bostons roster

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They had to release kelly to sign Hayward, i thought this was known

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Utah also has a really good coach and they were a better team last year, especially when they were healthy. They east vs west thing is hard to argue with though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm happy to get Hayward but I really wanted to not pay Thomas and get Butler. I would have been OK with a PG rental too, just not at the 3 firsts the Celtics may or may not have offered.

• Locked thread