Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West007
Apr 21, 2013

It's weird I cant seem to be able to do the special missions (the 11 wave one?). Cant find it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Custom Match > Mission: Custom > Don't Go Looking For Trouble

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I already did the endurance mission once, but it was super laggy and I died a lot from enemies that I blew up but suddenly weren't anywhere near me. Are there better rewards for the endurance mission?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
There was a poster reporting that the Reserves pack gave him nothing since he already had all the gold characters (but didn't have gold weapons). This has now been fixed:

"Fallback pools for Arsenal and Reserve packs now include items from other pools (weapons, characters, and mods)"

I've been buying nothing but reserve packs and I seem to get a reasonable number of barrels and weapons from them as well. But if you're looking to max your ultra rare characters there's no reason not to buy Reserve packs now (ultra rare are as frequent as the other two packs, and it weights towards ultra rare characters in the reserve pack too)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Teaser video for platinum difficulty and a batarian character. Read the comments if you want to see a bunch of people crying about single player DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTPHVLR101s

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, too bad the game's dead. :(

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Yessssssss. Also discovered the Sonad is a typhon/minigun. I oddly enjoy it.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Wow, this is actually pretty encouraging. My biggest concern for the game with all of the no DLC talk was that they wouldn't have the resources to add anything actually new to the game beyond a couple rehashes of the current roster. But a new character made from assets that aren't even in the game? That's pretty good news in my book. Even if it turns out that they literally just ported the Batarian model from ME3 and pasted the head onto Kett armor. :v:

I'm dreading the idea of Platinum though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Haha look at all the dumbasses demanding singleplayer DLC when the base singleplayer game wasn't even finished and it's public knowledge that the studio's been gutted. What the gently caress are they expecting at this point? Any new multiplayer content at all is a surprise at this point, but I guess throwing temper tantrums over andromeda's quality is now a meme worth dragging into any news about the game whatsoever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Batarian Arrival was probably meant to act as a clue about the upcoming Quarian Ark DLC that so obviously was planned but is now (almost 100% certainly) scrapped.

I say "almost 100%" because the major "leak" that talked about the SP DLC being cancelled was refuted by Bioware as "fake news" :trump:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I've more or less gotten to a point in the singleplayer where I'm a biotic god, but every time I try the multi it crashes on me. I really, really want to like this game, because I honestly think there's some great stuff here, but gently caress, it just fails on so many things :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Digirat posted:

Haha look at all the dumbasses demanding singleplayer DLC when the base singleplayer game wasn't even finished and it's public knowledge that the studio's been gutted. What the gently caress are they expecting at this point? Any new multiplayer content at all is a surprise at this point, but I guess throwing temper tantrums over andromeda's quality is now a meme worth dragging into any news about the game whatsoever.

Buyers remorse the post.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What on earth does that have to do with buyer's remorse

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I am looking forward to seeing how weak looking the batarian's buzzsaw gauntlet is in this one compared to Mass Effect 3.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This reminds me - is Flak Cannon basically Ballistic Blades? I've never used FC, but it sounded similar. Or would BB act differently?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Are some classes better than others for combos? For the huntress I have Throw specd to prime but Lance won't set it off. Also cryo/overload only works some of the time for human engineer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wouldn't be surprised if the Batarian Punch was a power instead of a melee in this game because making melee feel good is hard this time around

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Cash Monet posted:

Are some classes better than others for combos? For the huntress I have Throw specd to prime but Lance won't set it off. Also cryo/overload only works some of the time for human engineer.

Absolutely. The asari adept and kineticist are among the best comboers in the game. The krogan engineer is good at combos too. The human engineer is good you just need to completely freeze your target to combo with overload.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BreakAtmo posted:

This reminds me - is Flak Cannon basically Ballistic Blades? I've never used FC, but it sounded similar. Or would BB act differently?

Flak Cannon is tricky to use to its full effectiveness. You're basically shooting a little Roman Candle so it's ideal to aim it at a wall behind a group of enemies or at their feet. If you can get them to stand still while it "goes off", the damage is pretty amazing. It's similar to BB in that way, with "Shrapnel" instead of "bleed".

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Huntress just has issues in her current state.

Throw only primes on unshielded/unarmored, so you can't self detonate against most enemies. And lance likes to get caught on corners and elbows of other enemies and ruin your explosion anyway.

She's still a pretty good sniper platform, but her biotics are secondary to that.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MarshyMcFly posted:

Absolutely. The asari adept and kineticist are among the best comboers in the game. The krogan engineer is good at combos too. The human engineer is good you just need to completely freeze your target to combo with overload.

With the human engineer it's better to take advantage of the cryo shatter effect if you can. It does amazing things - last week I cryo shattered a Wraith, and the 2 Ascendants right next to it died instantly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just did a Bronze APEX mission and man is it fun to walk around with a Dhan and one-shot everything.

I don't remember soloing Bronze being this easy in ME3.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

precision posted:

Just did a Bronze APEX mission and man is it fun to walk around with a Dhan and one-shot everything.

I don't remember soloing Bronze being this easy in ME3.

It wasn't. Bronze in me3 is tough if you don't know what you're doing.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I feel like this .gif I just recorded is a perfect summary of my feelings about this game back during launch

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Sync kill fans: they have basically been removed

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
So they're continuing to release characters and stuff at a trickle instead of all at once. Batarian Scrapper is released but 5 more character classes were datamined and some of these characters have snapfreeze and warp. Should release all 6 at once alongside the maps and weapons to try and attract some people back to the game!

Also you can level your classes to 15 at least now: ranks above X give that character bonus power, detonation, and melee damage.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

AngryBooch posted:

So they're continuing to release characters and stuff at a trickle instead of all at once. Batarian Scrapper is released but 5 more character classes were datamined and some of these characters have snapfreeze and warp. Should release all 6 at once alongside the maps and weapons to try and attract some people back to the game!

Also you can level your classes to 15 at least now: ranks above X give that character bonus power, detonation, and melee damage.

I was about say I'm going to be pissed if the Huntress doesn't get warp back instead of throw, but it's just going to be resigned annoyance.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Two destroyers on wave 2, bloody hell.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

Good, I'm glad I can waste more unlocks on classes I have already.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Buffing characters owns though? Even more content for this average game is pretty sweet.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Buffing characters owns though? Even more content for this average game is pretty sweet.

Buffing characters through the adjustment of their kit, owns.

Buffing characters by being at the mercy of an item-drop randomizer, is not.

This was a zero-effort option to artificially extend time played since you now have to grind 5+ cards for every single character in the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It already takes a year and a day to get through all the unlocks for rares alone. Adding a fuckton more unlocks for the same things just makes it worse.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
YAY! Now the rares I was trying to unlock can get gated by my uncommons and commons! :suicide:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Buffing characters through the adjustment of their kit, owns.

Buffing characters by being at the mercy of an item-drop randomizer, is not.

This was a zero-effort option to artificially extend time played since you now have to grind 5+ cards for every single character in the game.
I didn't realise they added more bronze drops, blergh. I see what you mean now, bugger.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Anita Dickinme posted:

YAY! Now the rares I was trying to unlock can get gated by my uncommons and commons! :suicide:
This isn't how drops work. They aren't upgraded if your manifest is full, you just get common/uncommon consumables instead.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Who the gently caress thought that letting Hack be disrupted like Uploads was a good idea? It's hard enough getting pubbies to stand on a point, let alone keep flankers off it.

Am excited to see what the Bataran Scrapper can do and what the second Bataran on the ark will be, class wise.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's a vanguard with charge, annihilation, and flak cannon. Batarian melee is a combo detonator so you'll do biotic explosions by punching. There's also four new human characters.

Human Artificer: Cryo Beam, Remnant VI, Invasion

Human Commando: Singularity, Turbocharge, Warp

Human Guardian: Backlash, Shield Boost, Warp

Human Juggernaut: Snap Freeze, Fortify, Shockwave

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Batarian melee is a combo detonator so you'll do biotic explosions by punching.
This... this will be good.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Don't post a link to the patch notes or anything, anyone :mad:
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-09-notes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr. Abysmal posted: