Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Are the wind walls particularly difficult to pass with just two tier 1 wings/engines duct taped to a dingy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Aim for about 60 total power from your engines before you can get through a windwall.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I made it with 0 damage with 4 T1 engines and 4 T1 wings on a downsized dinghy.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

forge posted:

Good job attacking a goon. You might know if you were in discord.

we need to make an example out of him. Think the WA forums need to see what happens to TSA members who go rogue.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Goon ships need to learn to do the goon wiggle to avoid such incidents.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

goons jump

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
We're going to try and P the P later tonight. I'll be on at around 7 EST and I think Adadad will already be on by then.

I'll be in my new ALL NICKEL gunship.

Should be tanky, but will likely go down in flames. Special guest appearance by Fudgie the Whale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6ki8D7zQA

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 3, 2017

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wind walls don't do any damage except to deployed sails. The only thing they can do is push you down into the void over time.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Hey guys, can I get an auth on Discord when you get a chance? I'm Dmitri

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Well it wasn't a Glorious Goon Armada but that was still a fun night.

The ship of goons bound for Canton didn't make it through the Sandwall so I had to cross solo and pick everyone up. Pretty cramped for a one man fighter.

After we crossed back over, we ran into a ship with 4 or 5 people on it. A nervous rookie started shelling them early but this is a high stress job you know? Anyway, we pursue and they dive back into the Sandwall. Outside our jurisdiction so we turn around.

Next we encounter a seemingly derelict boat. Boarding it, we become suspicious because of the ship design and larrge stores of material. Could this be a Dupe Smuggler's ship? Surely no ordinary man would have put 80 god drat bar pipes around his gondola style bridge. He suddenly respawns and the erratic movement caused officers to fear for their life. Shots were fired and the suspect made a break for it. After a long chase through zones we managed to close the distance and began bombardment. It really didn't take long for SOMETHING to dislodge and as soon as whatever that was broke another bar pipe it started a chain reaction. It was honestly pretty freaky to watch 80 bar pipes causing the ship to teleport randomly and disintegrate explosively.

Our final encounter starts much smoother. We approach a ship and ask for compliance as we board and inspect the vessel. He decides to gun it and we give pursuit. He tried some nice barrel rolls but our trained officers were steady on their aim. The craft suddenly drifts to a halt and we board and begin our inspection. The suspect has seemingly absconded with the contents of one of their boxes. We strip the illegal cannons off his boat and impound his gas tank. Salt was later detected in the main Worlds Adrift Discord.

After that I finally finished ferrying all the goons back to Dorito where I did maintenance on the ship and logged off. Overall, a good night for justice.

:edit: Apparently stop number 2, Vakharn, may be a goon. This is why being in the discord is so important people!

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 4, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
With the recent surge of friendly fire incidents, some newer folks in Discord urged always checking whether the target is friendly before attacking. Folks, that's just not practical right now. The game lacks obvious identification and player names don't show up until you are in range of boarding.

If you are solo or separate from the group, especially if you are new, take a moment to give the rest a heads up about your situation - either through voice chat or text and screenshots. Don't be a stranger.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Made it through the storm wall solo on US West. Was lucky enough to find someone to build a compass for me and it was a breeze to get through.

A iron frame and deck and all the walls were aluminium. Engines. controls, generator and core were inside. Outside was some tier 3 wings with 52 resilience and a couple tier ones. I also made some copper bent pipes and decorated the outside with them. Turns out they seem to work as the only thing damaged was 2 of the wings, some wall panels and about half my bent pipes.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Goon loving = best loving.

I just yell in chat "Goon?" when getting attacked or attacking. P sure most of us would recognize that.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I will kill anyone saying "goon?" in chat.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Jackard posted:

With the recent surge of friendly fire incidents, some newer folks in Discord urged always checking whether the target is friendly before attacking. Folks, that's just not practical right now. The game lacks obvious identification and player names don't show up until you are in range of boarding.

If you are solo or separate from the group, especially if you are new, take a moment to give the rest a heads up about your situation - either through voice chat or text and screenshots. Don't be a stranger.

You can YELL at people though and that identifies YOU. Which is just as important. When I've boarded empty ships I've also checked to see who the spawner was registered to before pointing the ship down and salvaging the core...

In general I board people before shooting them anyway and that IDs them...it's not that hard to do.

With that said I do think it's up to the goon being attacked to identify themselves if they are in TSA areas.

Ultimately alliances cannot come soon enough as with the way crews function we tend to fly when in our own voice channels as otherwise it gets super hectic in combat.

Finally - more keys are going on sale at noon EST tomorrow.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
When I log in I just fall for a little then die in a black void.
If I pick any revive option nothing happens and I am just stuck with the UI over a black screen.

How bricked am I?

Edit: After my 11th try I am back. Looks like my ship was inside a island and each time I logged in it moved me up a little...

LordNat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 4, 2017

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FileNotFound posted:

You can YELL at people though and that identifies YOU. Which is just as important. When I've boarded empty ships I've also checked to see who the spawner was registered to before pointing the ship down and salvaging the core...

In general I board people before shooting them anyway and that IDs them...it's not that hard to do.

With that said I do think it's up to the goon being attacked to identify themselves if they are in TSA areas.

Ultimately alliances cannot come soon enough as with the way crews function we tend to fly when in our own voice channels as otherwise it gets super hectic in combat.

Finally - more keys are going on sale at noon EST tomorrow.

The only IFF I know from TSA is the Password of the Day which we haven't implemented yet.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Next we encounter a seemingly derelict boat. Boarding it, we become suspicious because of the ship design and larrge stores of material. Could this be a Dupe Smuggler's ship? Surely no ordinary man would have put 80 god drat bar pipes around his gondola style bridge. He suddenly respawns and the erratic movement caused officers to fear for their life. Shots were fired and the suspect made a break for it. After a long chase through zones we managed to close the distance and began bombardment. It really didn't take long for SOMETHING to dislodge and as soon as whatever that was broke another bar pipe it started a chain reaction. It was honestly pretty freaky to watch 80 bar pipes causing the ship to teleport randomly and disintegrate explosively.

:edit: Apparently stop number 2, Vakharn, may be a goon. This is why being in the discord is so important people!

Yeah that was me. I'm curious how you got into my cockpit, did you break a panel? I didn't have time for a thorough inspection while running from you. I was in the discord but I had literally just gotten authed like 5 minutes before you attacked me and I wasn't in voice at that moment.

I had too much crap crammed together at the back of my ship which is why everything spazzed out. I think in future I'd move the rudders and sails elsewhere. I'm not certain whether the clipping sails and rudders or pipes were the problem. The purpose of the pipes was to give decent 360° visibility without allowing access to the helm from outside the ship. That said, I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore until they give me somewhere save to stash poo poo. Losing 2 days of resources because my ship was boarded while I wasn't there isn't my idea of fun.

You caught me because I slowed down to approach shitstack and I thought you'd broken off the chase when I went through the windwall because the last I'd seen of you you were heading in another direction.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 5, 2017

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Yeah that was me. I'm curious how you got into my cockpit, did you break a panel? I didn't have time for a thorough inspection while running from you. I was in the discord but I had literally just gotten authed like 5 minutes before you attacked me and I wasn't in voice at that moment.

I had too much crap crammed together at the back of my ship which is why everything spazzed out. I think in future I'd move the rudders and sails elsewhere. I'm not certain whether the clipping sails and rudders or pipes were the problem. The purpose of the pipes was to give decent 360° visibility without allowing access to the helm from outside the ship. That said, I don't think I'm going to play this game anymore until they give me somewhere save to stash poo poo. Losing 2 days of resources because my ship was boarded while I wasn't there isn't my idea of fun.

You caught me because I slowed down to approach shitstack and I thought you'd broken off the chase when I went through the windwall because the last I'd seen of you you were heading in another direction.

Other people can use the cannons, it just takes them a few seconds of uninterrupted access. Let me know if you want to take Fudgie Mk4 to replace your boat. I can move on to other builds easy enough.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Other people can use the cannons, it just takes them a few seconds of uninterrupted access. Let me know if you want to take Fudgie Mk4 to replace your boat. I can move on to other builds easy enough.

Well that's kind of lovely. I was under the impression that only applied to cargo boxes and helms. So much for my design concept.

I guess there's no effective way to protect your ship when you're not on it. Yet another reason I'm not going to be playing this anymore atm.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

There is a safe-ish way to stash things, which is making an alt character and dumping everything on his ship.

Apparently signing up another WA account with steam family sharing lets you do this (unless they've fixed that)

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Your ship had so many bars we were doing you a favor.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I want to make a ship with a prow just full of bars that I jam into an enemy ship and then make a physics explosion

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
I was just driving around looking for botes to jump on and salvage mid flight when I came across a big metal bote inside I found hella gold

I quickly docked it and removed the 5 respawners and claimed the ship as mine

I figured with the four 70 power engines inside and some other engines around the thing I could get through the sandwall but nope rip in piece

dogsupremacy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 5, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is anyone playing on US West? I feel so lonely. Surprisingly 99% of the people in the tier 3 zones are super friendly. Been given tons of free stuff and had a ship with 3 guys pretending to be a AAA road side assistance crew repair my ship after coming through a storm wall.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Jackard posted:

Apparently signing up another WA account with steam family sharing lets you do this (unless they've fixed that)

This still works fine as of last night.

You can even fire up both accounts at the same time.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Does anyone have some quick tips on what sort of engine/wing/cannon schematics I should be saving vs. unlearning? What's the current best practices for them?

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Generally you want one high durability of wings/engine to made it through sandwall and some decent high power/high fuel efficient engines for building ships in t1/t2 to go fighting. Same story for wings.

Cannons it's up to you. Higher power means more range, high overheat means longer before overheating. Capacity doesn't do anything yet so don't worry about that stat.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Does anyone have some quick tips on what sort of engine/wing/cannon schematics I should be saving vs. unlearning? What's the current best practices for them?

Engines - Look for power and fuel efficiency. Ignore Overheat it's not in the game yet. Resiliency is only good for sandwalls really. Spinup is kinda a worthless stat as well - it's how quickly your engines react to your inputs.

Wings - Power is king, resilience is great for sandwall. Pivot speed is how quickly they react to inputs, but you kinda get used to poo poo pivot speed after a while.

As far as what to keep - in general I discard any wing under 30 power and any engine under 40.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Also keys are on sale:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/322780/Worlds_Adrift/

Come play this terrible game and make it more terrible.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Finally able to get a key to the game. Joined Discord as Xenni#3348

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Also incredibly important for newbies is the fact that you must attach wings with the aileron (the little flappy bit) at the back.

If you don't do this your wings will be less than useless. Yes, I know you crave symmetry, but you'll have to live with the T1 wings driving your OCD insane. Sorry.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldsAdrift/comments/6lgqxs/worlds_adrift_tsa_questions/

It's the little things that make this game great.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

7c Nickel posted:

Surely no ordinary man would have put 80 god drat bar pipes around his gondola style bridge.

This sounds strangely familiar. These design choices seem to be like a trend...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

I guess there's no effective way to protect your ship when you're not on it. Yet another reason I'm not going to be playing this anymore atm.

Essentially, when you log out, your ship will log out 3 minutes after you are out. But it's 3 minutes where no one has had an interaction of your ship. You can also do what most of us do, in that case, we hide the ship under Dorito.

If you are on an island exploring and you leave your ship high up in the clouds there is a possibility that other players won't mess with you, but if they do you can always port back. Also, this game is not friendly for Solo play, I mean you can solo play if you want, but there are risks. Instead of quitting the game why don't you join us and wreck havoc on the pubbies with our daily shenanigans.

The game is fun even though it's rough on the edges.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Anyone playing solo should accept that they are taking a risk by doing so.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Tempus Thales posted:

Also, this game is not friendly for Solo play, I mean you can solo play if you want, but there are risks. Instead of quitting the game why don't you join us and wreck havoc on the pubbies with our daily shenanigans.

I originally was coerced into playing this by Xanif and Mordgier, however we never actually play together and they're always off doing their own thing. I only found out about the goon group the other night like 10 minutes before I got my poo poo blown up. The problem is the grinding in this game is best done solo, while pvping is better done in a group. The result is we usually play solo because 90% of the game is just grinding.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

I originally was coerced into playing this by Xanif and Mordgier, however we never actually play together and they're always off doing their own thing. I only found out about the goon group the other night like 10 minutes before I got my poo poo blown up. The problem is the grinding in this game is best done solo, while pvping is better done in a group. The result is we usually play solo because 90% of the game is just grinding.

We are always on the game in the evenings and most of the nights, Adadad, myself, 7cnickel and several others... get on discord and hit us up.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Playing this bad game. Somebody auth me. Same name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Ran into Vexus and his griefer crew in their death cube while they were ganking some noob - a 2 vs 1 fight ensued and I am sad to say that we didn't come out victorious. Our ship got shot to poo poo and I have no idea how they get in and out of their loving cube - it's all tin and super manuverable for it's size - 100% internal components. Not really sure how to deal with them...