Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Those are some good ideas. I'm remaining optimistic.

What's your stance on PVP since they're discussing Bolster? Are you a "gear shouldn't matter" guy? I think it might be just one or two grades too low right now, but there needs to be an advantage for people who spend the time to get the gear. And for people worried about raiders walking in and owning everyone because of their gear, I say pshaw. Gear adds an advantage, but even at 238 bolster vs 248 raider, if the raider doesn't know how to PvP and the bolstered one does, it'll still be no contest.

Though maybe I'm just partial because I'm currently mostly 248 and am so loving completely melting people with my Operative. Got 7 out of 8 kills on an arena, and the Sniper we targeted first literally had zero damage he died so quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Augments and Set Bonus matter, 10 ilevels do not. Like you say if the only difference is 10 ilevels you shouldn't be getting blown up, the other player was just better.

My Jugg hit 70 on Mon evening by the time I went to bed last night he was GC 184. People who whine about "gear gap" are really just salty they have to do PvE at all. Like I've said before if you're that PvE phobic there are much better games for PvP.

The only change I'd make is either allow people to earn Tokens lvling up or sell 230 gear for credits. I'd also get rid of 244 blue gear at tier IV and up the chance of 246/248.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Augments and Set Bonus matter, 10 ilevels do not. Like you say if the only difference is 10 ilevels you shouldn't be getting blown up, the other player was just better.

My Jugg hit 70 on Mon evening by the time I went to bed last night he was GC 184. People who whine about "gear gap" are really just salty they have to do PvE at all. Like I've said before if you're that PvE phobic there are much better games for PvP.

The only change I'd make is either allow people to earn Tokens lvling up or sell 230 gear for credits. I'd also get rid of 244 blue gear at tier IV and up the chance of 246/248.

I'm fine with the blue gear, though increased 246/248 would be nice. Just having two characters at GC 300 has gotten almost all of my important alts in full 244/246 gear. Used tokens to even out the set bonuses so I have all 14 sets with 230+ armorings. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Double XP and Valor starting tomorrow going through the 5th if you've got alts you feel like leveling.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I wonder if they're going to redo DvL this year?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aleth posted:

I have zero doubt they will and they'll have some new rewards.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aleth posted:

When they zeroed out everyone's DvL achievements, they said it was because they planned to rerun the event.

And on an unrelated note, FINALLY got the Darth Andeddu armor I've been saving up for since forever.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
If they do the DvL event again I don't see how it would be any different...lvl every class, run every FP, do KotFE, a handful of WZ's and GS matches. The only thing to add is do KotET and maybe something with GC.

How many people would do all that same stuff again?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Running through a smuggler makes me appreciate how interesting it is not to have spooky mind powers. Risha's telling the Smuggler about how this one guy makes Skavak look like a Jedi Padawan, and one of the responses is 'The gently caress is a Jedi Padawan?'

I mean I'm down with the spooky mind powers classes in general, but it's great to see the other classes throw some shade on them.

If they do the DvL event again I don't see how it would be any different...lvl every class, run every FP, do KotFE, a handful of WZ's and GS matches. The only thing to add is do KotET and maybe something with GC.

I dunno, I didn't do the FP stuff last year, I wouldn't mind running that hamster wheel again for the last bit of the EXP armor. Maybe.

I'd at least consider it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Considering how absolutely obsessed people were with tearing through the event content even though it was the same stuff they've been doing before, they'll completely be going crazy doing it all again and complaining about it profusely while marathoning it all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

And they'll do it all for a mount that probably isn't even that good.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fuzz posted:

And they'll do it all for a mount that probably isn't even that good.

They would do it for the same mount with a slightly different name.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Never underestimate the appeal of the PEW PEW flourish

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
I'm F2P thinking about doing a month-long sub. I'm interested in creating 8 characters (one for every class on each faction). According to a FAQ on the SWTOR Reddit community, it says that previous subscribers can have 10 active character slots per server. But this Web site says that preferred status players who have had a subscription since 4.0 can have 8: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/character-slots-and-active-characters-in-swtor/

Can someone please clarify?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I am nearly positive it's 8. If you can swing it, a really good deal is the 90 day subscription pack from Amazon . That is $40, same price as a 90 day sub, but also cones with a free mount and some cartel coins. You can use those coins to buy extra slots.

Also, as long as you make all your characters when you're a sub, you can choose whichever 8 you want to keep playing, the extra ones don't disappear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Actually since they gave you an extra slot when 4.0 launched and another when 5.0 launched, it would be true that if you were a sub since then you would have 10. But if you're a new subscriber chances are it's still 8.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
So, if you've subscribed after December 2016, you can create eight characters starting from level one per server, but you also can create two boosted characters starting at 60 or 65 for Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne. With the two single-use boosts, you could have 10 character slots on a

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sounds about right. The two slots don't have to be boosted though, you just have the option. I never recommend using a boosted character unless it's for an advanced class you've already seen the story for, since boosted characters skip the original stories and Shadow of Revan.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Posted a few days ago and obviously spoilers if you haven't played through KotET but one of the writers gives some of the reasoning behind Valkorian and the plotline here.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aleth posted:

Posted a few days ago and obviously spoilers if you haven't played through KotET but one of the writers gives some of the reasoning behind Valkorian and the plotline here.

Can someone with a forums account post and ask him what the hell the deal was supposed to be with the Dark Sanctuary on the Gravestone? Also where is Vitiate's real body?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

Can someone with a forums account post and ask him what the hell the deal was supposed to be with the Dark Sanctuary on the Gravestone?
Also where is Vitiate's real body?

I assumed the Dark Sanctuary (it's my number one question too) was his real body but guarantee it was just put there as McGuffin without thought and maybe it'll be used and maybe it won't. Who knows though...it's just as likely to be the Gobbledy Gooker, KotFE/KotET is such a kludgy tangle of plot holes and contradictions. It says something about the quality when a dev has to post an explanation...

Cribbing from someone on the official forum my Jugg never wanted to be the leader of some Alliance he wants to be the fist of a renewed Empire.

Also sigh why can't Unassembled Components be legacy bound...my Sorc has full 248 heal and dps and is now capped on Unassembled Components.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also sigh why can't Unassembled Components be legacy bound...my Sorc has full 248 heal and dps and is now capped on Unassembled Components.

Hoping that comes sooner rather than later. Not only because my Operative is close to cap, but now I have a bunch of alts that I'll never play who have 20 from the Introduction to Conquest quest. :)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aleth posted:

Nothing I hadn't already guessed, personally. Still doesn't make Valk a compelling or interesting villain, and reinforces my impression that the story really was written with the Jedi Knight and to a lesser extent the Sith Warrior in mind as protagonists.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Valkorian's alright in that pseudo-deep philosiphical Matrixy don't think too hard kind of way, he's no Doug Bradley Vitiate though. It's Arcann and Vaylin that drag the whole thing down.

Kinda like Godzilla 2014 where Godzilla appears for like 5 minutes and the other 100 minutes are poo poo nobody cares about.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Valkorian's alright in that pseudo-deep philosiphical Matrixy don't think too hard kind of way, he's no Doug Bradley Vitiate though. It's Arcann and Vaylin that drag the whole thing down.

Kinda like Godzilla 2014 where Godzilla appears for like 5 minutes and the other 100 minutes are poo poo nobody cares about.

Meh. Valk was boring when he was "I'M GONNA EAT THE ENTIRE GALAXY AND BECOME A GOD!" and he's boring when he's trying to be Kreia 2.0.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
I put some junk in the guild bank for a new contest.

Happy fourth of july you clown touchers.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well, if you insist on celebrating North Korea's missile program I guess we can run with it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Well, if you insist on celebrating North Korea's missile program I guess we can run with it.

That sounds like a perfect plan.

Let's celebrate with screenshots or videos of you launching missiles or orbital strikes or fireworks! Best 3 win a prize! Two weeks deadline!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Let's celebrate with screenshots or videos of you launching missiles or orbital strikes or fireworks! Best 3 win a prize! Two weeks deadline!

Funnily enough that's what I was thinking. Missiles, rockets, explosions! The more extravagant the better!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Why are you posting some parse full of Tracer Missiles...oh...ooohhhh...lol.

SWToR Dev posted:

In 5.3, this will be changing: all AoE DoT abilities, including Plasma Probe / Incendiary Grenade, will be joining Toxic Haze / Bushwhack as abilities that do not interrupt a character who is in the process of capturing a PvP objective.

Hallelujah.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Such a good change. There's nothing shittier than seeing that probe on top of a node and knowing you've got zero chance of capping it unless the Sniper is focused down and unless there's zero healers, that's a fat chance with most regular war zones.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'll finally have a reason to shoot off the assorted fireworks I've got sitting in my bank!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Did the Heroic timers change? I swear that Heroic missions are refreshing faster than they used to.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Did the Heroic timers change? I swear that Heroic missions are refreshing faster than they used to.

Since 5.0 you can do them daily because of Galactic Command. The bonus objective can only be done once per week.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Since 5.0 you can do them daily because of Galactic Command. The bonus objective can only be done once per week.

Well poo poo.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Which is why when conquest has heroics as an option it's ridiculously easy to hit your personal target.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I posted in Discord, but anyone opposed to me closing down the Dromund Kaas stronghold and buying the Manaan one Tuesday for the guild? It'll cost us 15 million out of the 65 52 in the guild bank for just the main room, and I'm sure a poo poo ton more to unlock the rest if we want, but I figure we're not going to ever actually unlock more of the guild ship so this might be a way for people to see the Manaan stronghold.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 7, 2017

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sound good to me!

As long as we have an underwater bordello room with Twi'lek dancers and sicknasty lighting.

Goonderwater.

• Locked thread