Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Saying "oh no please don't send me more money" in order to get people to send you money sounds like a pretty good racket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Jabor posted:

Saying "oh no please don't send me more money" in order to get people to send you money sounds like a pretty good racket.

twitch is loving weird man

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

nerve posted:

:agreed:

Also, drat kids get off my lawn.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

nerve posted:

It's clearly explained two posts ago that he's making a reference to an inside joke between him and his streamers. It's not weird at all.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Woop woop made top 3, all thanks to the double barrel shotgun. I can buy a gas mask now

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Megasabin posted:

It's clearly explained two posts ago that he's making a reference to an inside joke between him and his streamers. It's not weird at all.

no, if you really think about it. twitch is super weird

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Megasabin posted:

No, it was still weird. But I'm another "old" person that doesn't understand this.

In the new updates for thursday I.m kind of disappointed there wasn't more loot spawn tweaks. I might be overreacting to having trouble finding better gear in the first 5 minutes.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Megasabin posted:

Watching strangers play video games and giving them money for it is weird, hth. The domain of genuine manchildren and preteens with their parents credit card info.

I've been playing more aggressive lately and the games are much more fun and still super tense. I'm terrible at spotting people in the open but i'm getting better at sweeping and clearing buildings. Grenades are fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
People donate to streams because it's supposed to be a more personal relationship than say, a movie. The sad thing is most popular streamers are basically like those Internet webcam strippers and don't actually get to know their audience.

People donate to my stream because they know it means something. I try to get to know people that come in and I do my best to show appreciation, even if it's not a big donation.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Stan Taylor posted:

Watching strangers play video games and giving them money for it is weird, hth. The domain of genuine manchildren and preteens with their parents credit card info.

I've been playing more aggressive lately and the games are much more fun and still super tense. I'm terrible at spotting people in the open but i'm getting better at sweeping and clearing buildings. Grenades are fun.

yeah you're just old and out of touch. it's fine, we're all gonna be that one day.

really it's not hard to understand at all. people find these streamers entertaining. same thing as street performers or whatever, you toss them a couple bucks to show appreciation and support them. i'm cheap so i won't do it but i'm not grandpa yelling get off my lawn yet.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Got a chicken dinner in duo's today. Smoked a house and 2v1'd the guys inside with a UMP and used one of their shotguns to kill a dude cowering in the bathroom. One guy was left but I had a way better position and he died to the zone. Feels good

I pretty much only have an effective range of like 15m in this game. Anything beyond that and I'm done. Also I think I play better when not extremely high on marijuana?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There are definitely some games where I feel like I play much better when high as gently caress.

This is not one of them.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

There are definitely some games where I feel like I play much better when high as gently caress.

This is not one of them.

FPS and stuff is usually better for me because of aiming, but i tunnel vision on one thing, so this game is very very hard. IF I get into a fight, I can usually take them, but I won't notice people at all.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 5, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
For me there's a window where i'm good but then my effectiveness drops off dramatically, and in a game as long as this i need to be sharper for longer

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know guys I play every game stoned and I'm 2200 elo rating solo queue. but then again I'm stoned almost all the loving time

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Protip: Cars can drive through rivers.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I pretty much only have an effective range of like 15m in this game. Anything beyond that and I'm done.

This is me. I'm pretty useless outside of houses and the urban environments.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm much better between 50-150m meters, it drives me crazy that I can win engagement at medium range but if I'm close to somebody I'm bound to fluff my shots and get 180-no-scoped in the dome.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
really love never getting x4 so the midgame is a complete poo poo show.

reddit seems to agree that they reduced them this patch

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

succ posted:

lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've been finding massive numbers. Also the 2x is good.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I've been finding massive numbers. Also the 2x is good.

2x scope best scope. :colbert:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

succ posted:

The best source of non confirmation biased news.

Zipperelli. posted:

2x scope best scope. :colbert:

Honestly I really like the 2x on a Kar98 so long as I don't have to shoot over 200m. Feels super good for aim'ing (less laggy somehow) however spotting people can be tough.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 5, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

The best source of non confirmation biased news.

hey dude did you know you have numbers in your name

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Viva Miriya posted:

hey dude did you know you have numbers in your name

Yea it weird. Something went wrong when I picked my username and it gave me this for some reason. Been too cheap/lazy/indifferent to change it.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 5, 2017

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
Can we have this mode of vehicle take down in the game please?

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Goddam do the circles make solo virtually unplayable. Vehicles are the new meta, if you don't find one you're hosed. In team games, at least you have four players to spot vehicles from the air, find vehicles on the ground, and pick up gas cans, and even then, far too many games end in circle-loving. In solo, you can only cover a fraction of the ground, and if you're not on the one-third of the island that the first circle forms around, you may as well just quit to the lobby right then and there and try to find a better game. What's the point of having a 2km x 2km map if the circle immediately forms over <50% of it, and you have to spend the whole game sprinting across fields to try to beat the blue?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I feel like playing solo and learning to shoot mans really helps your overall play when it comes to duo and squad stuff. When you have no one but yourself to rely on, you gotta be aware of EVERYTHING.

Also made it number 3 in solo. Died to circle but headshot some ghillie suited sniper with a kar98 after he tried to pick me off. Don't peek too long, just long enough to shoot and bounce back. Also when circle is closing in just get to the white before engaging that dude who's running ahead of you.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

literally this big posted:

Goddam do the circles make solo virtually unplayable. Vehicles are the new meta, if you don't find one you're hosed. In team games, at least you have four players to spot vehicles from the air, find vehicles on the ground, and pick up gas cans, and even then, far too many games end in circle-loving. In solo, you can only cover a fraction of the ground, and if you're not on the one-third of the island that the first circle forms around, you may as well just quit to the lobby right then and there and try to find a better game. What's the point of having a 2km x 2km map if the circle immediately forms over <50% of it, and you have to spend the whole game sprinting across fields to try to beat the blue?

A). Don't drop on the coast unless you are dropping Mil base/Novo or George. Lipovka, Zharki, and Severny all suck. Primorsk is meh. Most of these do have car spawns, or roads nearby.
B). LOTS of cars spawn. Learn where to look. It's really easy to run along a road and find one eventually.
C). Plan ahead. If you're circle hosed, start looking for cars in smart spots at 2 minutes. Don't wait until the blue is on you.

Solo is the best mode. Just drop school/Rozhok/Pochinki.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

literally this big posted:

If you're just going to die most of the time, you should probably just never play.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you're just going to die most of the time, you should probably just never play.

I've died every single time I've played the game, usually without firing a single shot!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Bought this on a whim last night. It's pretty drat fun. I don't think I've made top 20 yet but I'm killing a decent number of people in solo matches at least.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

succ posted:

I dont know about reducing them but ive noticed weird clustering since the loot distribution rework that might contribute to the appearance of them being reduced. It feels like now there are certain houses or areas which are like the vest house or the scope house or the meds house. So there might still be 50 4x scopes on the map but most of them have been distributed together.

Ive dropped google and looted 8 3 floor giant mansions and had zero scopes or no meds or nothing stronger than an uzi/shotgun. Or ive left a zone with no strong guns but 9 first aids and 12 energy drinks. Its a weird boom or bust factor. Same with scopes. Either i find like 3 4x and 2 2x and an 8x or im hard up for even red dots.

Nothing worse than seeing a crossbow on the first floor of a 3 story and knowing the entire place is gonna be crossbows and handguns.

I hope they take a look at their loot distribution because it may be true random which never really works effectively in a video game.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Whenever I find an assault rifle I see two more in the same building, it's like they're not spread out enough.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I had a round where I had 3 8x scopes and nothing to attach them too until I looted a small house way out in the boonies for a M16.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

My favorite was a game where I had level 3 everything, fully kitted m16 and m4 with silencers, med kits and stims to the eyeballs, etc. But only 30 rounds of 5.16. :saddowns:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man the M16 is great as a ghetto sniper, that thing wrecks with a 4x

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

queeb posted:

man the M16 is great as a ghetto sniper, that thing wrecks with a 4x

Yeah the M16 is my go to if I don't have an actual sniper. The AK is pretty good in a pinch as well.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Jerkface posted:

I dont know about reducing them but ive noticed weird clustering since the loot distribution rework that might contribute to the appearance of them being reduced. It feels like now there are certain houses or areas which are like the vest house or the scope house or the meds house. So there might still be 50 4x scopes on the map but most of them have been distributed together.

Ive dropped google and looted 8 3 floor giant mansions and had zero scopes or no meds or nothing stronger than an uzi/shotgun. Or ive left a zone with no strong guns but 9 first aids and 12 energy drinks. Its a weird boom or bust factor. Same with scopes. Either i find like 3 4x and 2 2x and an 8x or im hard up for even red dots.

Nothing worse than seeing a crossbow on the first floor of a 3 story and knowing the entire place is gonna be crossbows and handguns.

I hope they take a look at their loot distribution because it may be true random which never really works effectively in a video game.

Word on the street is that the spawns are all tabled now. So a building will draw from a specific table like the medical loot table or the AKM table for all of its spawns. The loot density of the area and the "average quality" are suggested by the color and size of the circles in the map that you've probably seen floating around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Picked this up yesterday and is a fun sandbox shooter. Playing with a buddy greatly increases the enjoyment, but solo is easier to play. Got 2nd place solo within a couple of hours, not much to learn besides knowing how much you have to shoot someone before they die. I'm used to Day of Infamy / Rising Storm 2 where it's nearly 1 hit 1 kill which is not the case here.

• Locked thread