Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
your coach is so fat he rekt dc and moved to la

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

That's cool. You still are going to have Ben Olsen next year and we won't have Curt.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sunday's Timbers/Sounders has been rescheduled from 1:00 to 7:30pm due to forecast hot as balls temps (99° according to my weather app).

I for one am very happy about this. My section would be in direct sunlight for the entire time we're in there. It's loving miserable.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

Sunday's Timbers/Sounders has been rescheduled from 1:00 to 7:30pm due to forecast hot as balls temps (99° according to my weather app).

I for one am very happy about this. My section would be in direct sunlight for the entire time we're in there. It's loving miserable.

Well, I guess I'm not going anymore, since my train back to Seattle is at 6pm :rip:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Herediano's Elias Aguilar is trialling for Philadelphia. He's a creative midfielder who is sometimes great but mostly lazy and soft and divey. He will definitely make Union fans dooping frustrated if they sign him.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

My boy Jackie looking like a boss tonight. Two sweet finishes and harassing Colorado all night.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

My boy Jackie looking like a boss tonight. Two sweet finishes and harassing Colorado all night.

I haven't watched the Rapids all year but I'll presume that they deserved it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I just found out something even worse than the Sounders-Timbers game getting pushed back several hours:

ESPN Press Release posted:

Supporters Cam

Additionally, ESPN cameras will be positioned in the supporters sections at Providence Park throughout the game, streaming live on ESPN3 and the ESPN App to capture the atmosphere.

I give it about 2 minutes before both feeds become blurrier than a Japanese-produced bukkake involving Bigfoot.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

whypick1 posted:

I just found out something even worse than the Sounders-Timbers game getting pushed back several hours:

I give it about 2 minutes before both feeds become blurrier than a Japanese-produced bukkake involving Bigfoot.

I'm stealing that comparison to use on a regular basis.

Also, what the hell was the MUFC Timbers game? Two red cards?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Papal Mainframe posted:

I'm stealing that comparison to use on a regular basis.

Also, what the hell was the MUFC Timbers game? Two red cards?

Literally two men on the ground, kicking each other.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

El Jebus posted:

Literally two men on the ground, kicking each other.

Ah doing their best Central American soccer impression?

Also, Ike Opara's goal last night :3:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I'm at a software conference in Chicago starting today. Is there a good bar near the Mile-High Marriott where I can watch the Sounders game?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Thanatosian posted:

I'm at a software conference in Chicago starting today. Is there a good bar near the Mile-High Marriott where I can watch the Sounders game?

The one time I went to a Fire game I took the pub to pitch bus from Fado, which is pretty close to the Mag Mile. It's a boring chain, but they'd probably have MLS on without you having to ask? Maybe?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And the next axe has fallen

https://twitter.com/SJEarthquakes/status/879082985080868864

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

The Globe is better, but Fado is closer to you.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

And still Ben Olsen stands tall and proud, like the mightiest Redwood tree.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Hello Towel posted:

The Globe is better, but Fado is closer to you.

Yeah, the Globe is a half-hour bus ride, Fado of a twelve-minute walk, I think that's where I'll probably land. Thanks!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to laugh if this is the universe that the Colorado finally gets rid of Pablo and somehow acquire Ben Olson and the only thing that improves is DC, because that's the only thing I can think of that can make the Rapids even worse.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Simone Poodoin posted:

Herediano's Elias Aguilar is trialling for Philadelphia. He's a creative midfielder who is sometimes great but mostly lazy and soft and divey. He will definitely make Union fans dooping frustrated if they sign him.

Turns out that "el messi tico" is a fraud and Philly passed on him. Who would have thought?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Star Man posted:

I'm going to laugh if this is the universe that the Colorado finally gets rid of Pablo and somehow acquire Ben Olson and the only thing that improves is DC, because that's the only thing I can think of that can make the Rapids even worse.

Face it if Pablo or Olsen get fired Kinnear is gonna be target #1

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Star Man posted:

Can I interest you in a slightly used, thrice fired former USMNT player for a coach? Because I'm sure one could be made available to you.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Can I interest you in a slightly used, thrice fired former USMNT player for a coach? Because I'm sure one could be made available to you.

As long as he comes super cheap. Kronke is one of the cheapest bastards in sports and won't brook having to actually pay for competency, let alone quality.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
LAFC is nearing a deal with Wesley Sneijder

http://sbisoccer.com/2017/06/report-lafc-closing-in-on-wesley-sneijder

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Front page article on Fire supporters in the Tribune today. About time we get some recognition.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/soccer/ct-fire-fans-section-8-spt-0630-20170629-story.html

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Hey everyone, don't forget to vote for all the players on SJ to be All Stars.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

We could do that, or we could keep it the way it is and watch Madrid score 800 with Zusi as a defender.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Hey everyone, don't forget to vote for all the players on SJ to be All Stars.

Montreal and Chicago.

Duke Silver
Nov 6, 2011

Saxiest Man Alive
I don't see the Revs being able to suit up 18 men on Sunday. We've already got 6 spots completely unfilled (for ~reasons~, since the league pays for Supplemental/Reserve spots and they don't count against the cap) and out of the remaining 24:

- Rowe, Agudelo, Koffie on International (supposedly we keep Watson for Sunday, I'm marking it a "maybe")
- Kouassi Out, Delamea and Daigo "questionable" (all but confirmed out)
- Diego Suspended https://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary/week17/diego-fagundez

Which leaves either 16 or 17 players, assuming Cropper, Knighton, and Turner all suit up. Wright looked solid on Wednesday (and plays in a role where we'll have Kei, Femi, etc. ahead of him on the depth chart) and Herivaux looked like poo poo (in a role where we'll absolutely need him, at least as a sub). Feeling a loss here, but at least it's not against a critical conference opponent also pushing to get back in the playoff hunt.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Azerban posted:

Montreal and Chicago.

actually, no

I mean I'm resigned to the fact that Schweinsteiger will be out there and I'm just praying he won't get hurt.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

https://www.soundersfc.com/post/2017/07/01/seattle-sounders-sign-27-year-old-dutch-fullback-kelvin-leerdam

We hopefully just fixed our right back issues that have been loving this team all year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jack2142 posted:

https://www.soundersfc.com/post/2017/07/01/seattle-sounders-sign-27-year-old-dutch-fullback-kelvin-leerdam

We hopefully just fixed our right back issues that have been loving this team all year.

Hmm, mid-season signing just south of 30 signed using TAM that fills a glaring hole in our defense?

gently caress, he's going to tear his ACL in a month...

...then next year score the winning PK in the MLS Cup final :getin:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 1, 2017

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jack2142 posted:

Thank Christ. May we never need to trot out Oniel Fisher as an emergency starter ever ever again amen.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

It's July, the Fire are in first place, and the city is finally talking about the team. :D

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

It's July, the Fire are in first place, and the city is finally talking about the team. :D

It helps that both baseball teams are abject poo poo right now

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

It helps that both baseball teams are abject poo poo right now

At least in the case of my White Sox, the shittiness is purposeful.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Just. Yeah. Embarrassing. Outscored 17-3 in 4 days and 3 games.

Onalfo out.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Onalfo out.

Los Dos lost 9-0 yesterday. That's a whole lot of fail in this organization right now.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Onalfo out.

Front office needs to go with him. We placed Robbie Rogers on the season ending injury list two months ago and no sign of a real replacement for him, on top of all the other weird signings and decisions.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

They probably could have picked a better year for the bottom to fall out of the entire club than the year immediately before an expansion team comes to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't miss being able to attend Rapids games anymore. I really don't.

• Locked thread