Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol he didn't have an epiphany, he just ran away because he was scared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can relate

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Doesn't she live next door? Where the hell did he run to to get that out of breath?

You're underestimating how scared he was when Carol pushed him over.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Good times never seemed so good

a kitten fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 4, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dammit Jun. You blockhead.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

NO NO NO DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate Jun, I hate this comic

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
To the people who said Jun wasn't that bad, I present to you, Jun is kinda bad

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jun must die so that Carol can feed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun was never going to confess because it needs to be Tomo so she'll actually show some growth.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jun was never going to confess because it needs to be Tomo so she'll actually show some growth.

Tomo already confessed

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Tomo already confessed

Then at the festival where the comic just outright said "if she confessed now it'd probably work out." She decided not to because of cowardice or stalling or something. And although Tomo hasn't actually gotten any focus since then that's what's going to need to be explored because she's the main character.

I mean, Jun's dumb too. Probably more dumb. But he's not going to be the one to get this relationship going.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 4, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Tomo already confessed
The first chapter.

This gave me Girls the Wilds vibes and they almost feel like NTR-pissed level vibes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Before the actual relationship to happen, they have to wrap up the DS thing. There was that whole flashback about how Jun and Tomo met and Jun giving Tomo his DS and saying he would take it back when he beat her. But he's never even challenged her because he still has his unrealistic image of Tomo he developed during that flashback. Jun has to fight Tomo and win

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Before the actual relationship to happen, they have to wrap up the DS thing. There was that whole flashback about how Jun and Tomo met and Jun giving Tomo his DS and saying he would take it back when he beat her. But he's never even challenged her because he still has his unrealistic image of Tomo he developed during that flashback. Jun has to fight Tomo and win

Yeah Jun also needs to stop putting Tomo on a pedestal as someone he can never measure up to, but that was never going to happen from Carol loving with him.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Then at the festival where the comic just outright said "if she confessed now it'd probably work out." She decided not to because of cowardice or stalling or something. And although Tomo hasn't actually gotten any focus since then that's what's going to need to be explored because she's the main character.

I mean, Jun's dumb too. Probably more dumb. But he's not going to be the one to get this relationship going.

i felt that there was an implication that she felt like even though he would understand her meaning, things wouldn't work in the end because they're both dweebs, so she needed to hold off until they weren't as dumb

which probably isn't wrong

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grouchio posted:

The first chapter.

This gave me Girls the Wilds vibes and they almost feel like NTR-pissed level vibes.

In Girls of the Wild's, didn't Queen confess to the protagonist and then the protagonist said "no" for some completely bullshit reason like "because you're richer than me" and then they randomly met in Japan after a time skip for some reason? That guy was such a dumbass, I remember he would literally reject the financial assistance of his gazillionaire friend because of his ~pride~ despite it actively preventing his siblings (who he supposedly cares about) from having a drastically better life.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

In Girls of the Wild's, didn't Queen confess to the protagonist and then the protagonist said "no" for some completely bullshit reason like "because you're richer than me" and then they randomly met in Japan after a time skip for some reason? That guy was such a dumbass, I remember he would literally reject the financial assistance of his gazillionaire friend because of his ~pride~ despite it actively preventing his siblings (who he supposedly cares about) from having a drastically better life.
Yeah. Korean Drama appears to be as lovely as Bollywood.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
dal dal got robbed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This series is going to end with Tomo shooting through an encyclopedia Jun's holding and killing him.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

This series is going to end with Tomo shooting through an encyclopedia Jun's holding and killing him.

Will never happen; this would require the two of them to hook up first

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ytlaya posted:

That guy was such a dumbass, I remember he would literally reject the financial assistance of his gazillionaire friend because of his ~pride~ despite it actively preventing his siblings (who he supposedly cares about) from having a drastically better life.

Not anime or whatever, but when pretty much this exact thing happened in Breaking Bad I was yelling in my head at Walt to swallow his loving pride.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tarezax posted:

Not anime or whatever, but when pretty much this exact thing happened in Breaking Bad I was yelling in my head at Walt to swallow his loving pride.

Yeah, the point of that was to make Walt's actions completely inexcusable and prove that he wasn't motivated by his family like he said

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

daily reminder: despite being the protagonist of Breaking Bad, Walt was in fact the villain

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, the point of that was to make Walt's actions completely inexcusable and prove that he wasn't motivated by his family like he said

In the case of Girls of the Wild's (and other Korean fiction I've read), I get the impression that "the nobility of poverty" is even more of a trope there than it is in the West, with characters just sort of assuming that if someone else is rich and they're poor that that's the immutable and correct state of the world and that it is noble to accept your station in life. Like, as mentioned, I realize this is a trope to varying degrees in many different cultures, but at least in the US they usually try to justify the situation through portraying the wealthy as smarter and more hard-working. But in Korea (and Japan to some extent from what I've seen) you'll frequent see people who literally inherit their parents' huge companies and are portrayed as being somehow innately superior due to their lineage. In the US, media usually tries to at least give some illusion of meritocracy (which, to be fair, is arguably just as harmful).

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I don't even know where the hell this is going anymore

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Has this boyhood pact been referenced in the past?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

There was an entire flashback arc about it

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jun is literally a child.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol what a weiner. he just admitted that he has no interest in getting to know who tomo actually is.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tomo dump this nerd you don't deserve to be emotionally jerked around like this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jun bad

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't remember it. What was it about?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
jun and tomo as kids and jun's descent into the darkness of idiocy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even as a child, Tomo was powerful enough to destroy a Game boy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In absolute fairness to Jun, the Tomo and Dad training system probably gave him no end of head trauma.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Ytlaya posted:

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's literally on this page of the thread.

Guy Goodbody posted:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Dang, you called it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Sounds like it was a really good idea to drop Girls of the Wild.