Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I saw a mouse in my bathroom last night so I put down a couple of traps, and this morning the bait is gone but neither trap went off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I just realized, now that I've gotten such a large raise, that this is the first year in the 6 years I've been working here that I will not be scheduled during any holidays, and therefore will not be seeing and of that sweet, sweet time-and-a-half.
drat. :shepspends:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Usually my neighbors have all kinds of mortars going off for the Fourth of July, but I'm sitting on my patio and can't see any. Just a lot of little multi-shot prepacks that don't shoot high enough for me to see.

One neighbor is firing mortars but it's a street over and I can't see them at all.

Just sounds like a lot of fire crackers and I can't afford my own this year. :smith:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I really, really want to improve my skills servicing my bike, but every time I touch it something seems to go wrong so now i've got a mental block / phobia and can't seem to push past it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The spiders in my basement are kind of big. Not venomous, not as big as a plate, but I still don't like them.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The firecracker sounds have given way to cats in heat.

My patio time is now just awful.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I just realized, now that I've gotten such a large raise, that this is the first year in the 6 years I've been working here that I will not be scheduled during any holidays, and therefore will not be seeing and of that sweet, sweet time-and-a-half.
drat. :shepspends:

Related:
I haven't had a holiday off in... 12 years but each one nets me 100-135% in bonus money for exceptionally easy work.
Like, I'll sit around on my laptop all day and maybe have a couple calls and emails to review.

This year I'm working the 4th and will be done JUST in time to miss all the fireworks.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Mikl posted:

I'm in Europe, and it's every weekday, not just today. Except for Saturday, when it closes at 12.00 noon, and Sunday, when it's closed the whole day.

I though banking was supposed to be a service, but I loving have to get time off from work to go visit them and give them my money? They can go right to hell, thank you very much.

I'm so glad that I can do all my banking stuff online or via phone app. I don't even get my bills via snailmail anymore.

I think I only visit the bank when I want to bring my change in that amassed over a year or so. Last time I got like 700 bucks out of it.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Last three days were 10-12 hour shifts where I saw only three people aside from coworkers; one of them was a regular who stops by a lot to say hi and chat, and the other two didn't buy anything. I got sunburned from taking a nap outside, my neck hurts from watching youtube vids and netflix on my phone, and the only thing I could have done to be productive wasn't possible because of ongoing repairs. There's nothing worse than being paid to be bored

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got something in my eye this morning really bad (like, 'can barely open my eye to see what the gently caress got in there' bad), and while whatever it is came out, my eye still passively hurts/feels warm/red part is a bit swolen. There's nothing I can do but try to not rub the hell out of my eye.

It's really hard to not rub the hell out of my eye.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Jul 4, 2017

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
^ There is nothing that I can sympathize more for

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

I got something in my eye this morning really bad (like, 'can barely open my eye to see what the gently caress got in there' bad), and while whatever it is came out, my eye still passively hurts/feels warm/red part is a bit swolen. There's nothing I can do but try to not rub the hell out of my eye.

It's really hard to not rub the hell out of my eye.

Pinkeye.

I slept in today so didn't do the yard work I need to do. We have an empty inground pool and I just want to fill the fucker with dirt.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Nah, I know what pinkeye is. This is just the after effect of having something on my eye that shouldn'tve been there.

Another FWP about it is that I keep looking at it, and since I don't exactly stare at my eye when nothing is wrong, I'm not sure if there's something there or not.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Last time I had pinkeye I didn't think it was pinkeye either.

FWP: the faucet in my tub is leaking.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Helios Grime posted:

I'm so glad that I can do all my banking stuff online or via phone app. I don't even get my bills via snailmail anymore.

I think I only visit the bank when I want to bring my change in that amassed over a year or so. Last time I got like 700 bucks out of it.

That's almost two dollars a day in change what the hell are you doing

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
I have 6 precious hours this evening in which to enjoy myself and unwind and I can't decide between Video Games, Warhammer, riding around aimlessly or drinking myself into a stupor

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

There's nothing worse than being paid to be bored
Well, you could be bored and not getting paid for it.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Noctone posted:

That's almost two dollars a day in change what the hell are you doing

It's easy if the coins go up to roughly 5$. And since they are also frigging big I don't want to carry them around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have made a very nice chunk of money for having to work today.
I watched 5 episode of Agents of Shield while doodling.
Fuckin rules.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Helios Grime posted:

It's easy if the coins go up to roughly 5$. And since they are also frigging big I don't want to carry them around.

ohhhhhhh yeah that makes sense. my bad, saw the world through american-colored glasses on that one.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Eh, I also wrote bucks so it's understandable.

Ok, FWP: converting everything from money, speed and measurements to American standards on an online forum, because your own first world country just isn't important enough.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I got addressed as "m'lady" by my brother's ex-wife's brother at our 4th party. I stared at my brother for a second before replying, but he just smiled and got up and got another beer while leaving me to have a conversation with the creepy "m'lady" dude. Thanks, bro. Thanks a lot.

Also this guy talked to me in that weird, false sort of english accent like he's trying to sound fancy or gentlemanly. It was like the AUG thread came to visit me and talk to me in horrific detail about cars and trucks and all sorts of weird things I desperately tuned out. He left about halfway through the party to go and get his old car he restored and no one gave a poo poo about, we were all just being nice when he talked about it.

Jesus. "M'lady". Just loving christ.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

empty sea posted:

I got addressed as "m'lady" by my brother's ex-wife's brother at our 4th party. I stared at my brother for a second before replying, but he just smiled and got up and got another beer while leaving me to have a conversation with the creepy "m'lady" dude. Thanks, bro. Thanks a lot.

Also this guy talked to me in that weird, false sort of english accent like he's trying to sound fancy or gentlemanly. It was like the AUG thread came to visit me and talk to me in horrific detail about cars and trucks and all sorts of weird things I desperately tuned out. He left about halfway through the party to go and get his old car he restored and no one gave a poo poo about, we were all just being nice when he talked about it.

Jesus. "M'lady". Just loving christ.

Haha, I imagine your brother just going:

Please tell me he also wore a fedora to look classy.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

Nah, I know what pinkeye is. This is just the after effect of having something on my eye that shouldn'tve been there.

Another FWP about it is that I keep looking at it, and since I don't exactly stare at my eye when nothing is wrong, I'm not sure if there's something there or not.

Last time something like this happened to me, I thought I might have pinkeye.. Turns out there was a giant fuckoff eyelash tucked into a far corner of my eye that only became apparent when I rolled my eyes as far as I could to one side. Made getting it out a bitch because I couldn't really look at it in the mirror.

I went to a friend's annual 4th of July party today and it was fun, but not as fun as previous years. There weren't many people there, and I was trying really hard to avoid one of them. Somehow I ended up manning the deep fryer because the other people that had been cooking got too stoned to crack an egg (they actually asked me to crack the eggs to make more batter). Being in the kitchen made it easier to avoid that person, but I was already physically exhausted from work and just wanted to sit down and chill for a bit. I couldn't even drink very much because the host has a very friendly cat, and I'm very allergic, and something about alcohol does not play nice with antihistamines.

On the upside, the fried Oreos, Twinkies, and donuts turned out pretty drat good, and I managed to avoid horrifically burning myself deep frying that pie..

:911:

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I had the 4th off but still needed to be up at 6 today. It took a decent amount of alcohol to put myself under last night

Today doesn't feel good

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I entered an undeveloped country yesterday and am now forced to do mental math every time I read a street sign, speed limit or one of the disadvantaged inhabitants gives me directions. Luddites.

Also there was some sort of post revolution celebration last night and I couldn't get any sleep.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Jul 5, 2017

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
It's only 10:30 am and I'm super hungry. But my lunch is not the greatest.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Sweet As Sin posted:

It's only 10:30 am and I'm super hungry. But my lunch is not the greatest.

Sorry about your terrible sandwich... :(

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
A sandwich would be an improvement, I brought lemon pepper chicken and a cucumber salad but I've eating a lot of chicken and I'm kind of sick of it.

I ate the cucumber so I have only the chicken!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sweet As Sin posted:

A sandwich would be an improvement, I brought lemon pepper chicken and a cucumber salad but I've eating a lot of chicken and I'm kind of sick of it.

I ate the cucumber so I have only the chicken!

I'm pretty sure its Hot Pockets for me today. I am so tired of Hot Pockets.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I brought a small salad for lunch today but was super hungry, so I went and bought more food. Now I'm too full to eat everything I just bought.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have never had a hot pocket. Are they good? Barring being sick of them.

I have a new FWP. I wanted a soda but I was one coin short so I got a Pepsi instead of the sugar free coke I coveted. Life is still hard.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sweet As Sin posted:

I have never had a hot pocket. Are they good? Barring being sick of them.

They have Hot Pockets for every taste! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, croissant crust, buttery crust, deli style meats, lean varieties. If you have a college-student's refined palate, they are perfect.

I eat them because they are easy and often on sale. They taste like junk food. If you like junk food, you will like Hot Pockets.

I still eat crap like this because I grew up with two parents who worked 6 days a week and didn't cook much. I get all nostalgia-y over horrible junk food like Hot Pockets, chicken strips, Steak-Ums, etc. Hamburger Helper was a rare treat.

I guess being a latch-key kid is a first world problem if you live in America. I did have to break into my own house once because I forgot my key and gently caress sitting outside for four hours in my school clothes with my books and poo poo. But I'm white so it was no big deal if anyone saw me jimmying open a window. It was before ubiquitous cell phones so it's not like I could call anyone.

My biggest first world problem today is that I work from home and have worked from home for almost 10 years. I have no RL friends because my co-workers live two or more state's away. Between that and my wife's health problems, the people we have the closest relationships with are her doctors. At least I have good insurance through work and enjoy my job.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Aleph Null posted:

I guess being a latch-key kid is a first world problem if you live in America. I did have to break into my own house once because I forgot my key and gently caress sitting outside for four hours in my school clothes with my books and poo poo. But I'm white so it was no big deal if anyone saw me jimmying open a window. It was before ubiquitous cell phones so it's not like I could call anyone.

Reminds me of when I locked myself out of my house. I went to my brother's college to see if he had his key, he didn't, then I went back to wait until someone got back again. Then I on a whim, tried my patio door that lead to my bedroom - it was open. It had been unlocked since a barbecue 8 months prior. I was lucky noone found that out before I did, the first thing I did was lock it behind me. We only ever use that door for barbecues so I had no way of knowing it wasn't locked. :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BioEnchanted posted:

Reminds me of when I locked myself out of my house. I went to my brother's college to see if he had his key, he didn't, then I went back to wait until someone got back again. Then I on a whim, tried my patio door that lead to my bedroom - it was open. It had been unlocked since a barbecue 8 months prior. I was lucky noone found that out before I did, the first thing I did was lock it behind me. We only ever use that door for barbecues so I had no way of knowing it wasn't locked. :v:

I had to use my debit card to jimmy the lock to my house, since my wife wasn't gonna be home for another 3 hours. We took a long weekend trip to Montreal the next day, and immediately after checking in and walking out of the hotel, I went to an ATM which promptly ate my now-banged-up card.

Fun fact: TD Bank and TD Canada are entirely different entities and there is zero access to each others' respective accounts. Thankfully my wife had her debit card and I had a credit card, but it was a little frustrating at the time.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I would love to work from home but I already got in trouble from doing a lot of home office when I was depressed. I guess it's more of a real problem that mental health issues are often ignored in the workplace.

As for another FWP I want another soda but I'm out of change and I don't really feel like going to the cafeteria.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
jeez you drink alot of soda!

WFH is fine if you actually have stuff to do, but if you're idle at home it's MUCH harder to get motivated to find something worthwhile to do...

I usually work in the morning then bail in the arvo, seems to work a little better and means I get a bit of time to gently caress around too!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I don't drink that much to be fair, I usually do one at lunch but the one I had today was terrible, thus my craving.

I can't do WFH unless it's an emergency, which sucks.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Content: My stupid uncle has hosed up his stupid kidney and now has cirrhosis and is gonna die

when I googled how people get cirrhosis the #1 thing was drinking more than 2 / 3 standard drinks a night, for years

i'm fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked :/

and so are all of YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My liver is fine, I don't drink :colbert: I drown my sorrows in anime and video games.