Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

Due to steam sale, are any of the DW8:Empires DLC worth it? It all seems absurd, like $10 for a couple of cosmetics?

As far as I know they've only been on sale once ever. The Steam Sale is not one of those times, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Godseekers is half-off on the PSN, did it end up being any good?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man Chong is coming to Dynasty Warriors 9. Also some stuff about variable missions and transporting supplies.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Man Chong is coming to Dynasty Warriors 9. Also some stuff about variable missions and transporting supplies.

I look forward to delivering a thorough Boning to Wu.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there any reason whatsoever I shouldn't buy WO3 Ultimate if it's on sale and I have a musou itch?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is there any reason whatsoever I shouldn't buy WO3 Ultimate if it's on sale and I have a musou itch?

Not really

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Just remember to save during missions occasionally since it's the last Warriors game to have any actual difficulty. And by difficulty I mean enemy officers one shotting you with their Musou attacks.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you say that, but ive been playing sw4-2 and they actually turned up the officers a bit, they musou, they attack without waiting around and ive actually had them stun me out of a musou once. of course i still never die outside of the castle, but hey

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Save on any mission where Himiko is an enemy. Always.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

quote:

Sun Shangxiang (voiced by Emi Uwagawa)

Weapon: “Book”

But why

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

:v:

i mean, zhuge liang's weapon is a goddamn fan and i'm sure a book can hit harder than that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im fairly sure thats a mistranslation

still has her chakras in the leaked screenies

and heres lu xun and man chong

lu bu looks almost exactly the same as in dw8

Davincie fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 4, 2017

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is this the game where Lu Kang shows up? Probably not

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Davincie posted:

lu bu looks almost exactly the same as in dw8

Lu Bu's like the most iconic character Koei Tecmo's got. They're probably not gonna give him the Liu Bei treatment now where he changes every game and a half.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah but thats why im not bothering to get his pic from twitter

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Godseekers is on sale on psn now.
€23,99 seems a decent price for it?
Or is it terrible?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably terrible but I bought it anyway, I'll report back

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fate/Extella coming to PC July 25th

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/fateextella-coming-pc-via-steam-july-25

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably terrible but I bought it anyway, I'll report back

I enjoyed it for what it is, which is a really simple tactical rpg.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Re: Lu Kang. If he and certain others aren't going to be unique characters they should include them as alternate costumes for their ancestors. It'd be better than fighting loads of generics like in the DW7 Jin storyline and it might give some scope for playing said characters without having to design more new characters and without the player having to level them up since late story battles are presumably higher difficulty.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:shittypop:

YES PLEASE

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Reminder that it also comes out for the Switch that day, for folks that want to pursue anime Lu Bu on the go.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Selling it for $50 without the DLC is ridiculous and I don't see it selling well until it goes on at least a 40% discount.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PureRok posted:

Selling it for $50 without the DLC is ridiculous and I don't see it selling well until it goes on at least a 40% discount.

Isn't the Extella DLC just costumes?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Darth Walrus posted:

Isn't the Extella DLC just costumes?

Yep.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Haven't checked, but are there any Goon Guilds for Unleashed?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PureRok posted:

Gotta put some incentive behind the Switch version. But yeah I'd wait for a sale.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

When I was a kid, I played the poo poo out of the Super Nintendo port of Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV back in...holy poo poo, 1995. Recently, I have access to Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 through Steam family sharing, and that's the first game in the series I've played since then. Am I in the right place?

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Feel free to talk about that. Btw, if you're coming from IV, then XIII is decent. It's better with the Power-Up kit though.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

In case any of you play Unleashed, I made a guild called GoonDynasty.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

wielder posted:

Feel free to talk about that. Btw, if you're coming from IV, then XIII is decent. It's better with the Power-Up kit though.

Thanks, and noted! I've always wanted to try it since I saw it was on Steam, but it seemed like too much for me to pay personally for a base game that seemed to suffer from the Strategy game problem of not really being complete until all the expansions were completely out. I'm glad I get to try it this way. I'm reading the manual(!) right now, and coming from IV, I'm excited about the new features added, particularly the ones related to playing an individual character, rather than just a ruler.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

The man called M posted:

In case any of you play Unleashed, I made a guild called GoonDynasty.

Thanks for reminding me this exists. I applied for the guild.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

wielder posted:

EDIT: Figures I'd find an answer just after posting this. Is the XIII PUK more stable these days than reviews seem to indicate?

Chachi fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 20, 2017

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Chachi posted:

EDIT: Figures I'd find an answer just after posting this. Is the XIII PUK more stable these days than reviews seem to indicate?

I'm curious about this as well. Right now I'm hoping to buy both when they go on sale.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
When I first bought XIII and the PUK it would crash if I tried to take screenshots using Steam, but it didn't do it all the time. Other than that it seems to work fine.

Then again I haven't played it in a while so I may be forgetting things.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I've personally had no crashing issues with the power up kit. On the other hand I still hate that you basically have to pay an additional 35 bucks to get the games XIII should have been from the start

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

:siren: Bearded Liu Bei is back :siren:

Also other people.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I really like this Liu Bei redesign. He was starting to look too young, considering. I'm assuming part of making look a bit older is so he'll contrast a bit better against the younger Jin and "second gen" Shu. The beard along with the leaner face helps a lot. I may actually play him. Maybe.

Edit: To more easily compare to his DW8 look:

PureRok fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 20, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yeah, i'm liking the liu Bei's new design.
Sun Quan looks a bit like Lu Bu?

I'm actually hyped for DW9. We don't have a release date right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if this will involve a characterisation shift? Liu Bei's youthful features fitted his rather naive idealism pretty well.