Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I bought this a few days ago and am really enjoying it. Managed to win on my first night. The trick seems to be let everyone else kill each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

TheFonz posted:

Primorsk is meh

The wrongest opinion. Primorsk has plenty of good poo poo.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Have any of you started to use burst with the UMP/Vector or is it still entirely used as full auto?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

TheFonz posted:

A). Don't drop on the coast unless you are dropping Mil base/Novo or George. Lipovka, Zharki, and Severny all suck. Primorsk is meh. Most of these do have car spawns, or roads nearby.
B). LOTS of cars spawn. Learn where to look. It's really easy to run along a road and find one eventually.
C). Plan ahead. If you're circle hosed, start looking for cars in smart spots at 2 minutes. Don't wait until the blue is on you.

Solo is the best mode. Just drop school/Rozhok/Pochinki.

One problem with Lipovka, Zharki, and Severny is they are all close to much better loot spots. Meanwhile Stalber and Gatka continue to poo poo up their sides of the map with terrible loot.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Neon Belly posted:

Have any of you started to use burst with the UMP/Vector or is it still entirely used as full auto?

Arguably useful on a vector, but a vector is of arguable use already. On an ump just burst on your own in full auto.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Arguably useful on a vector, but a vector is of arguable use already. On an ump just burst on your own in full auto.

blasphemy, the vector is god

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Neon Belly posted:

quick someone talk about how good they are with a silenced ump and 4x on burst

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I bought this a few days ago and am really enjoying it. Managed to win on my first night. The trick seems to be let everyone else kill each other.

This is a huge problem with the game I feel like. There is no incentive to fight.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

why does everyone want this game to be another deathmatch, there's ten million games where the goal is to rack up kills

the goal in pubg is to survive to the end

boar guy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 5, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

No Safe Word posted:

The wrongest opinion. Primorsk has plenty of good poo poo.

Dude was bitching about car spawns. Primorsk is fun loot wise, not fun car spawn wise. I have gotten caught having to run when squad battles cause the blue to bleed into overtaking us.

Most times there is a boat though, but that is not always helpful.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is a huge problem with the game I feel like. There is no incentive to fight.

Lies - Best way to loot is letting others do it for you.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Better loot is a good reason to fight. Otherwise yeah, you want to keep anything but easy kills to a minimum. If you have a silencer then you can kill more people, but only if you hit them before they can fire off any rounds.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

TheFonz posted:

Dude was bitching about car spawns. Primorsk is fun loot wise, not fun car spawn wise.
Ah, then I'd throw Novo into the "meh" group as well. Other than the garage spawns, there's hardly any vehicle spawns there, especially in Novo proper. There are some closer to the bridge sometimes but those seem pretty rare as well. I do like Novo/Primorsk for gear but they sure are weak for vehicle spawns.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Hamelekim posted:

Better loot is a good reason to fight. Otherwise yeah, you want to keep anything but easy kills to a minimum. If you have a silencer then you can kill more people, but only if you hit them before they can fire off any rounds.

Loot is not that important and it's really easy to find. If you have an assault rifle and 90 rounds, with some armor and a couple of heals, you're pretty well off. I think people loot too much. A vehicle is almost more important than loot.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

No Safe Word posted:

Ah, then I'd throw Novo into the "meh" group as well. Other than the garage spawns, there's hardly any vehicle spawns there, especially in Novo proper. There are some closer to the bridge sometimes but those seem pretty rare as well. I do like Novo/Primorsk for gear but they sure are weak for vehicle spawns.

Two garages plus at least one other vehicle spawn in the town says otherwise. I can usually find a car if i drop Novo.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

literally this big posted:

Goddam do the circles make solo virtually unplayable. Vehicles are the new meta, if you don't find one you're hosed. In team games, at least you have four players to spot vehicles from the air, find vehicles on the ground, and pick up gas cans, and even then, far too many games end in circle-loving. In solo, you can only cover a fraction of the ground, and if you're not on the one-third of the island that the first circle forms around, you may as well just quit to the lobby right then and there and try to find a better game. What's the point of having a 2km x 2km map if the circle immediately forms over <50% of it, and you have to spend the whole game sprinting across fields to try to beat the blue?

It's 8x8km and the first circle doesn't do anything, giving you plenty of freedom to loot the other 50% while people kill themselves trying to get to the safe zone. Your average health recovery per house looted is higher than the damage you'll take from the circle for spending that time looting. You also have aerial overview to spot the cars and see at least a bunch of roads from and to your drop place that don't have cars, so you can plan your exit route to cover some place you didn't check beforehand.

Worst case scenario you can spend 5 minutes looting then run to the circle and heal yourself in the process with the stuff you have. I've won a few games where I had to spend some 8 minutes running and healing, it's not the end of the world.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There isn't any to throw down, it's about ambushing. The circle forces people to move. I've only played for a bit but it seems like enough.
Aggressive play is A Bad Idea in dark souls 3 but most of arena is people rushing you, because they have fun throwing down. Even when it's a bad idea I excitedly shoot at everyone I see.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Loot is not that important and it's really easy to find. If you have an assault rifle and 90 rounds, with some armor and a couple of heals, you're pretty well off. I think people loot too much. A vehicle is almost more important than loot.

Loot is pretty important. A level 3 vs level 1 helmet can mean the difference between winning or losing a fight.

Of course people like Grimmmz can win a chicken dinner with a 9mm pistol, but most people cannot.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The path to winning games is to avoid all fights where you're not 100% sure you have the advantage.

Edit: It sucks when 3 cars roll up to your spot at once https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingIcyJamMcaT

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 5, 2017

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The path to winning games is to avoid all fights where you're not 100% sure you have the advantage.

Basically this. Anything between 150+ meters I tend to avoid unless I have a sniper rifle or silencer, and amazing positioning where they have no cover.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Efexeye posted:

why does everyone want this game to be another deathmatch, there's ten million games where the goal is to rack up kills

the goal in pubg is to survive to the end

The goal is to make other people lose, actually :clint:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Neon Belly posted:

uh then why is a 1 kill run worth the same 900 points as an 11 kill run

edit: meant win not run

boar guy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 5, 2017

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Neon Belly posted:

goal is to have fun in a sandbox like game, that includes taking vehicle jank to an art form.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

400 hours into this game and only just grasping the terror that is the Uzi.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Nothing like an extended-mag uzi in close quarters.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Becuase while I would like to get a chicken dinner, i like doing hoodrat poo poo with my friends.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Efexeye posted:

uh then why is a 1 kill run worth the same 900 points as an 11 kill run

edit: meant win not run

Points don't matter? Taking fun away from others matter.

Also, that would not be true as both damage and kills give you points.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you guys all wanna play Guns, this is Hide and Seek

BF1 is a real good game where you can mow down a poo poo ton of people every life

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Lol, Nah man. You're misunderstanding. If I kill someone and they just respawn, they don't get as mad as if they have to start a new game.

Get a gun, kill a man. Take his gun, kill a man. Take his gun.

You can hide all you want. I want to hunt people. I want to make people upset they died. You can think all you want, but this thread and many others like it prove, people get mad when they die in this game. I want to be the one killing them.

I will take 100 10 kill games ending at 45 before I ever want a 1 kill win. I've won a ton of games, winning doesn't matter if you can't hunt people.

Edit:To your point, you play the game hide and seek, and I'll play the game guns. I will be better looted than you if we both end up in the top 10 though.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 5, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Efexeye posted:

you guys all wanna play Guns, this is Hide and Seek

Hiding outweighs seeking

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hiding outweighs seeking

As the circle gets smaller it becomes easier to find people so it isn't that big of an issue. What's worse is worrying about snipers hiding behind trees reading to kill you the moment you run through a field.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

TheFonz posted:

Edit:To your point, you play the game hide and seek, and I'll play the game guns. I will be better looted than you if we both end up in the top 10 though.

yeah but he will probably end up in the top 10 way more often. and thusly have a higher elo. the game values survival way more than kills. so it's really a choice of sacrificing one fake number to pump up another fake number.

it just depends on what type of person you are, there's no wrong way.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

TheFonz posted:

I want to make people upset they died.

If you're the kind of person that gets seriously upset when you're killed in a video game, and I mean rage beyond the simple "ah gently caress! You rear end in a top hat!" moment that everyone has when they get killed, why in the world would you play a game where you have a base 99% chance of losing before anything else is factored in?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

yeah but he will probably end up in the top 10 way more often. and thusly have a higher elo. the game values survival way more than kills. so it's really a choice of sacrificing one fake number to pump up another fake number.

agreed

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

If you're the kind of person that gets seriously upset when you're killed in a video game, and I mean rage beyond the simple "ah gently caress! You rear end in a top hat!" moment that everyone has when they get killed, why in the world would you play a game where you have a base 99% chance of losing before anything else is factored in?

agreed

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

God I love hunting down just-landed fools with a shotgun. The hit is so satisfying. The way their bodies fall. The blood.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

That was my point. He was the one that said go play BF1 if you want to play guns.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

If you turn voice chat on you 100% know that the people that rage and get seriously upset are playing this game.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

TheFonz posted:

Uh you're still playing hide and seek you're just playing as the seeker. You are not doing 360 kick flips off the wall to double katana slice fools

E:

TheFonz posted:

If you turn voice chat on you 100% know that the people that rage and get seriously upset are playing this game.

You only have to listen to teenagers scream the n word in the plane every match forever to access those sweet tears

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheFonz posted:

A). Don't drop on the coast unless you are dropping Mil base/Novo or George. Lipovka, Zharki, and Severny all suck. Primorsk is meh. Most of these do have car spawns, or roads nearby.
Solo is the best mode. Just drop school/Rozhok/Pochinki.

Is there a sort of tier list of the best places/buildings to aim for?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Uh you're still playing hide and seek you're just playing as the seeker. You are not doing 360 kick flips off the wall to double katana slice fools

YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR HOW I PLAY

Digital Jedi posted:

Is there a sort of tier list of the best places/buildings to aim for?

I think this map is best. I seem too see distribution "roughly" matching that.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

TheFonz posted:

That was my point. He was the one that said go play BF1 if you want to play guns.

Wait can you hear them rage if you kill them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
A surprising amount key up to call you a cheater or talk poo poo.

Also, if you don't have voice chat on you're missing so much free casual racism.

• Locked thread