Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
No Konosuba season 3 is a tragedy. But SAO is weird in that most abridged series like their source material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So from what I gather is SAO basically like a poor man's .Hack? Enjoying the abridged series so far though based on what I'm hearing I probably won't bother checking out the real anime.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Larryb posted:

So from what I gather is SAO basically like a poor man's .Hack?
Kind of, though to be fair .Hack and SAO are going for entirely different things despite the similar MMO premises.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Covok posted:

The fact they air DBS on Adult Swim is a cruel thing to do to kids nowadays.

Not airing Buu Kai first was also cruel.

Actually DBS also airs earlier in the day and the Adult Swim episode is an encore.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How far is the DBS dub right now anyway? I was skipping it because I wasn't too eager for the infinite Battle of Gods rerun again but I totally lost track.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
If anyone's curious, some spoilers for upcoming episodes were released and I suspect Krillin might accidentally kill somebody! Also an odd twist with Caulifla that might annoy power level aficionados even more than her transformation to Super Saiyan 2.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

HGH posted:

How far is the DBS dub right now anyway? I was skipping it because I wasn't too eager for the infinite Battle of Gods rerun again but I totally lost track.

Not far at all. I wanna say they aren't even into Zamasu yet.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The dub is only just barely getting into Goku and Frieza fighting, so while they're almost out of recap hell, they're still really far behind.

khwarezm posted:

If anyone's curious, some spoilers for upcoming episodes were released and I suspect Krillin might accidentally kill somebody! Also an odd twist with Caulifla that might annoy power level aficionados even more than her transformation to Super Saiyan 2.

Gonna have to cough this up, I'm interested.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
They aren't even up to Frieza's Golden transformation so its still well stuck in the Doldrums.

Momomo posted:

People on Reddit post Japanese TV guide translations that have always been quite accurate.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 5, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I never thought I'd be one of those "you need to watch the sub in the original japanese" people but...

Honestly I really don't feel much urge to watch the dub at this point. Might not.

Caros
May 14, 2008

khwarezm posted:

Momomo posted:

The dub is only just barely getting into Goku and Frieza fighting, so while they're almost out of recap hell, they're still really far behind.

Supposedly Goku teaches Caulifla SSB in the middle of the fight after wasting all of U9, Krillin Kienzan's someone to death and gets DQed and Kale gets mooked by Jiren after losing her mind over Goku training Caulifla.

Personally I don't think it someone has to be a power level nerd to get annoyed that Dragonball Super seems to hand out new power ups like candy without effort or emotion on behalf of the characters getting them. But that is just me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I never thought I'd be one of those "you need to watch the sub in the original japanese" people but...

Honestly I really don't feel much urge to watch the dub at this point. Might not.

if the dub were simulcast, I'd never touch the subs for this show again personally

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Caros posted:

Supposedly Goku teaches Caulifla SSB in the middle of the fight after wasting all of U9, Krillin Kienzan's someone to death and gets DQed and Kale gets mooked by Jiren after losing her mind over Goku training Caulifla.

Personally I don't think it someone has to be a power level nerd to get annoyed that Dragonball Super seems to hand out new power ups like candy without effort or emotion on behalf of the characters getting them. But that is just me.

Well, there's no indication she actually gets the Blue powerup, just that Goku starts telling her how to do it and Kale sees them getting too friendly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man I don't want Kale to be so emotionally stunted she goes into a roid rage everytime someone Caulifla so much as acts friendly with someone else.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Man I don't want Kale to be so emotionally stunted she goes into a roid rage everytime someone Caulifla so much as acts friendly with someone else.

that's part of the package with broly

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The most shocking part of those spoilers

The loving Destructo Disc actually works.

Though its really lame Krillin gets DQ'd so early.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Zore posted:

The most shocking part of those spoilers

The loving Destructo Disc actually works.

Though its really lame Krillin gets DQ'd so early.

I have to admit its pretty funny that the one time he actually kills someone with the Destructo Disk is also the one time he really, really needs to not kill someone with it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

khwarezm posted:

I have to admit its pretty funny that the one time he actually kills someone with the Destructo Disk is also the one time he really, really needs to not kill someone with it.

Gotta wonder why he leads with it though. Dude, that is the one skill you know will gently caress someone up. Why are you using it?!

Bonus points if he uses solar flare first.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also you want to see a good example of the bullshit we were talking about regarding Cauli?

Check out the comments.

Or don't because it's Reddit.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The idea of them asking for training NOW, in this situation, and Goku being 'yeah sure' is stupid enough I don't want that version to be real, but it probably is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

The idea of them asking for training NOW, in this situation, and Goku being 'yeah sure' is stupid enough I don't want that version to be real, but it probably is.

that's the most saiyan thing imaginable tho, it's perfect for everyone involved

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I mean, that exact same thing happened with Vegeta and Cabba, it wouldn't be that surprising if it did.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cauli: Hey can you teach me how to do that thing you do that makes you really strong?

IN GOKU'S MIND: Saiyan + SSB = Strong person. Strong person = GOOD FIGHT

Goku: Yeah sure.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Re: part of the spoiler episode titles

Maybe Krillin doesn't actually kill someone but they pretend to die to get him DQ'd. Like its some guy who can seperate himself and just be fine, like Captain Buggy or something.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mabels big day posted:

Re: part of the spoiler episode titles

Maybe Krillin doesn't actually kill someone but they pretend to die to get him DQ'd. Like its some guy who can seperate himself and just be fine, like Captain Buggy or something.

I expect the same. Wouldn't be the first time someone cheats in a tournament.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin, more like Killin'

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

It's Goku asking to be being trained by Goku of course it's gonna be stupid.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

Also you want to see a good example of the bullshit we were talking about regarding Cauli?

Check out the comments.

Or don't because it's Reddit.

Do people somehow not know that Reddit is a cesspool of misogyny or something? They used to have /r/Jailbait for fucksake, is anyone really shocked that commenters on reddit say lovely things about women?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well yeah because Reddit is a larger representation of the population, of course they are gonna be Whittier because people are poo poo.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Yeah like Reddit's so big at this point it practically represents most of the internet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why do we have to constantly drag other website's awful comments into our forums, don't we have enough bad posts to worry about

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

reignofevil posted:

I'll admit, I was one of the "Japanese Goku is not my Goku!" people for a long time but for some reason Nozawa really grew on me the past 2 years, heck everyone else too. So now I can enjoy both language tracks as much as the other.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

aaaaa those spoilers I need these episodes to come out now :smith:

Also I hope Frieza has a suitably dickish response to Krillin straight up ending a dude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HGH posted:

I'll admit, I was one of the "Japanese Goku is not my Goku!" people for a long time but for some reason Nozawa really grew on me the past 2 years, heck everyone else too. So now I can enjoy both language tracks as much as the other.

Nozawa really got a chance to shine with Goku Black and when Sean isn't bad from what little we've heard I don't think British rear end in a top hat works quite as well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

Nozawa really got a chance to shine with Goku Black and when Sean isn't bad from what little we've heard I don't think British rear end in a top hat works quite as well.

Um posh Goku is the best version.

Batman Goku is awful however.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

Especially when Zamasu's dub voice isn't British.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm waiting on hearing Sean's Black in the anime before judging, XV2 has real poor voice direction IMO.

Caros
May 14, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

aaaaa those spoilers I need these episodes to come out now :smith:

Also I hope Frieza has a suitably dickish response to Krillin straight up ending a dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXXTMcYvKoE&t=38s

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm waiting on hearing Sean's Black in the anime before judging, XV2 has real poor voice direction IMO.

Agreed. It's not even poor voice direction, the actors are literally just given a text dump without context and told to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Caros posted:

Normally I'd be inclined to agree but deep down I want Caulifla to get all the forms. Also we never saw how Blue gets unlocked on-screen (or even explained how in the first place?) so at least that's a convenient excuse.

• Locked thread