Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I put all of the barrels on top of each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Goons are chill as gently caress. We'll play with everyone, even drinkfist as he screams for acknowledgement.

I don't really have enough time for this game, and my PC is old af, but I really do miss the TSW goon mumble.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
How old is your PC, cause I'm running this on a quad-core with 8 gigs of DDR2 RAM and a lovely ATI HD card and it runs really well now. I could barely run the old engine, let alone get it smooth.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 5, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I built this very desktop to play TSW originally, which makes me think it's probably time to build a new computer.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Just opened 12 stacks of weapon bags (120 bags - the ones you get from missions).

1 blue (1 pip) sword
3 mk3 weapons
pretty even mix of everything else but only 5 pistols which I thought was odd

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fruits of the sea posted:

I've bumped into the space limit now, where I don't have enough anima to upgrade items, hence I don't have the space in my bags to collect rewards, so I can't get more anima from quests. Got to trek back to Agartha every time it gets filled up.

Let this be a cautionary tale: don't spend cash at the museum of the occult, because the cost for upgrading items skyrockets with each tier.

Going from what dabbling I've done with the Museum, it feels more like an endgame thing with TSW requiring the X amount of AP which fits after you've filled out the wheel and have it to spend, and with SWL where you're sitting on a small fortune in shards.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Meallan posted:

That's pretty legit actually. I feel that for those missions the only thing that counts as cheating is looking for a TSW walkthrough. Anything else is role-playing and fair game.

No in this game it's meta so it totally flies.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

angerbeet posted:

I built this very desktop to play TSW originally, which makes me think it's probably time to build a new computer.

Same here. TSW was the last PC game I played much of, but if they've improved the engine my old machine might be just fine.

How much does being grandmaster get you?

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Their monetization is BAD. Like, hella bad.

I'm not above dropping $50 for some convenience or cosmetics. But they want $2 / key to open those stupid purple lootboxes? And there's a less than 4% chance I'll get a weapon - maybe a 2% chance to get a purple? So, they want me to spend $50 to get a purple weapon... which might not even be for my class.

Not to mention I've run somewhere around 100 dungeons this past week (I likes em) and have NEVER seen anything but distillate. Ever. Not a single weapon in 100 runs. I skip all chests but the final boss weapon chest to make my daily keys last longer; hence the high amount of runs. 0 weapons.

And unlocking a new weapon isn't actually $5... you have to unlock both passives and actives as separate unlocks. Enjoy spending $12 on your first new weapon. It's hundreds to unlock all of them. Hundreds of dollars.

And $10 for a character slot?

Like geez, guys, I want to spend money but you have to meet me halfway on this poo poo

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Thursday Next posted:

I'm not above dropping $50 for some convenience or cosmetics. But they want $2 / key to open those stupid purple lootboxes? And there's a less than 4% chance I'll get a weapon - maybe a 2% chance to get a purple? So, they want me to spend $50 to get a purple weapon... which might not even be for my class.

Not to mention I've run somewhere around 100 dungeons this past week (I likes em) and have NEVER seen anything but distillate. Ever. Not a single weapon in 100 runs. I skip all chests but the final boss weapon chest to make my daily keys last longer; hence the high amount of runs. 0 weapons.

And unlocking a new weapon isn't actually $5... you have to unlock both passives and actives as separate unlocks. Enjoy spending $12 on your first new weapon. It's hundreds to unlock all of them. Hundreds of dollars.

Like geez, guys, I want to spend money but you have to meet me halfway on this poo poo

They're actually addressing several of your concerns tomorrow. Dungeons will now have a ~50% droprate for items instead of distillates (though I prefer distillates) and the first run of the day guarantees an extraordinary quality item. You'll also get xp for each dungeon run so you can earn AP/SP while farming. Weapons also unlock both the AP and SP pages at once for the cost of a single page.

Char slots - can't really help out on. I don't really get alts in this game except as mules. Convert the caches into anima shards, since that apparently becomes a big deal once you're in purples. They don't need everyone to buy keys, since enough people are gladly dumping $$$ into the game. I've already spent $20 just to open caches. Only 2 weapons (both blue and 2-pip) so my choices are a little regrettable.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Thursday Next posted:

I think that they're changing weapon unlocks so that both passive and active get unlocked together. I don't disagree with any part of your post though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've barely played since I heard about the patron changes in the patch. I have a lifetime sub for better or worse, but the thought of double AP/SP on all the missions I will probably only ever do once is pretty enticing.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Richard M Nixon posted:

I don't really get alts in this game except as mules.

Some days you want to wallow in beautiful, ordered chaos. Others you want to hear Kirsten Geary say something sociopathic.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

Some days you want to wallow in beautiful, ordered chaos. Others you want to hear Kirsten Geary say something sociopathic.

A well formed argument.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Richard M Nixon posted:

They're actually addressing several of your concerns tomorrow. Dungeons will now have a ~50% droprate for items instead of distillates (though I prefer distillates) and the first run of the day guarantees an extraordinary quality item. You'll also get xp for each dungeon run so you can earn AP/SP while farming. Weapons also unlock both the AP and SP pages at once for the cost of a single page.

Char slots - can't really help out on. I don't really get alts in this game except as mules. Convert the caches into anima shards, since that apparently becomes a big deal once you're in purples. They don't need everyone to buy keys, since enough people are gladly dumping $$$ into the game. I've already spent $20 just to open caches. Only 2 weapons (both blue and 2-pip) so my choices are a little regrettable.

It's cheaper to unlock a character slot (1,000 funbux) than it is to unlock four new weapon pages. Plus, I wanted to try a different faction. Now that I know it doesn't matter a whole ton, yeah, it was a wasted purchase.

Good tip on the caches, though, thank you. I'm nowhere near purples (I think I'm level 27?) but I'll just sell them.

Of course, I can't play without crashing now for some insane reason, so I'm just going to shelve it till patch.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
When is that patch, anyway? I hear people say today, but others say tomorrow.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It would be nice if Funcom had chosen a less shady payment processor

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Pretty much this. My only reason for having one of each faction in TSW was for the different quest texts, faction missions and recruitment mails you get occasionally from the other factions. The mail from Sonnac to my Illuminati about visiting London to soak in tradition made me smile.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I bought lifetime way back in the day so I have 3 character slots.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Serf posted:

I bought lifetime way back in the day so I have 3 character slots.

Same here for the number of slots, but I only purchased a regular key off Steam quite a few sales ago. I would have loved permanent sub bonuses though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Kessel posted:

It would be nice if Funcom had chosen a less shady payment processor

Can't be helped just wait for the Steam release.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Ah, there's the patch time: 13:00UTC Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Can I get an invite to the cabal as well? My nick is Vheissu.

Also having a hell of a time tracking down a rune alphabet matches the runestones in Blue Mountain. I've narrowed it down to anglo-saxon, but seems like there's a lot of varieties.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

Can I get an invite to the cabal as well? My nick is Vheissu.

Also having a hell of a time tracking down a rune alphabet matches the runestones in Blue Mountain. I've narrowed it down to anglo-saxon, but seems like there's a lot of varieties.

Sure it's not Futhark?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Depends, there's one rune I can only find in a specific Swedish alphabet, but it doesn't contain others from Younger and and Elder Futhark. I think I'm on the right track though if I compare the 5 variants I've found so far :v:

You would think speaking Danish would be an advantage here, but no. Well there might be, as most letters when pronounced have their own meanings (Need/hardship, property inheritance, etc but that hasn't yet been useful.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 5, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Thursday Next posted:

The secret is that you don't actually want weapons, you want the distillates.

Your starting weapons should be good enough to do elite dungeons. You just have to pump them up.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

The whole weapon trial thing has been one of the more frequent complaints I've seen and it's a surprising change from vanilla. Long term, I'd still argue that the best course is sticking with one pair of weapons and only adding in others once you can stand on your own. However, short term (especially with new characters) the lack of a trial period is surprising. It's not unique for mmos as most of them have the same "don't like your class? Delete it!" approach, but tsw actually let you test poo poo out in the weapon training areas and you could even spend points and have them refunded in the area. I suppose it matters more to veterans who know what they're missing, as fresh players will likely expect to trash a character if it plays poorly in the tutorial, but it's still a weird change. I'd love having the training dummy area in agartha have the same point refund aura on it so I can test out new expensive abilities and see if they suck rear end or not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

the only dungeons they made elite ones for are the ones where the difficulty was never hosed by them over tuning things.

That means everything but Hell Fallen, Slaughterhouse and Facility.

God I missed reading their patch notes.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm interested in seeing the elite 5+ dungeons where "new challenges will be added". I'm thinking more and more this will be an Agony-like system like gw2 or maybe some bonus bosses/extra gimmicks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm interested in seeing the elite 5+ dungeons where "new challenges will be added". I'm thinking more and more this will be an Agony-like system like gw2 or maybe some bonus bosses/extra gimmicks.

What you mean to say is "an extra 0 at the end of their attack, defense, and hp" come on you really think they're going to put more work into it than that?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

What you mean to say is "an extra 0 at the end of their attack, defense, and hp" come on you really think they're going to put more work into it than that?

Funcom can't manage adding an extra zero correctly. What would likely happen is a decimal would be in the wrong spot, again. Or even better, their HP values would start in the negative, and the only way to win is to heal their negative HP.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Servers are meant to be up but i'm stuck on Authenticating so am guessing they've broken something somewhere.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Len posted:

It's either going to be every boss that didn't summon adds now summons adds, hp sponge minibosses, or both.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone who can talk to funcom tell them to fix their poo poo.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

AH is broken / lagging into oblivion. No items display at all. Everything else is laggy (rewards, mission acceptance) which makes me wonder if every game service is sharing a single server.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 5, 2017

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Auth server (or something between logging in and actually getting ingame) appears down.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Apparently I've been kicked from the guild. Can anyone re-invite Shorty please?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Only the bad players were pruned. The rest are just experiencing lag from the community server fisting itself. Give it time and you'll find out which group you fall into!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How do we have bad players already? The games been out what two weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

How do we have bad players already? The games been out what two weeks?

If they haven't made the decision to uninstall the game, they are bad players.

Really though, the social servers are sucking a gently caress at the moment, so cabals take like 10 minutes to properly display client-side.