Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Ray posted:

:same: but for anyone that's ever participated in capitalism by buying or selling things or working in a capitalist regime.

hm yes there's no difference between a worker living within capitalism and a mass media figure spouting apologia for imperialist war

you've really got me here, i must admit that both sides are the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i dunno that's a pretty ncaf response

"all is immaterial" is like the fancy way of saying "nothing matters"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

petraeus? more like betray-us to get some reporter strange.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

don't forget $19b by Canada!

(Canada's air force and navy is made up of equipment from the 70's that will do nothing whatsoever FYI, i assume their uselessness is why this is excluded)

at least it's legal for Canada to have an air force, unlike the US

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
jesus hung out with the prostitutes, but not the GAY prostitutes

deadgoon posted:

hm yes there's no difference between a worker living within capitalism and a mass media figure spouting apologia for imperialist war

you've really got me here, i must admit that both sides are the same

owned

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
jesus would not have made the cake because he was not a baker

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

well duh carpenters dont bake

dipshit

edit high five winner of reality

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rocks posted:

don't forget $19b by Canada!

(Canada's air force and navy is made up of equipment from the 70's that will do nothing whatsoever FYI, i assume their uselessness is why this is excluded)

don't forget the USA's $590 billion in 2016

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuck, I can't even imagine what it'd feel like to get sent into a real shooting war by the dude from the apprentice who thought he'd look cool in front of Billy Bush by talking about what a creeper rapist he is. And there's a whole bunch of dudes who'd be super excited about it lmaoooooooooooooooooo

donald trumps america

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Sexual Lorax posted:

well duh carpenters dont bake

dipshit
maybe the square ones dont :350:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Admiral Ray posted:

:same: but for anyone that's ever participated in capitalism by buying or selling things or working in a capitalist regime.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

lmao deal with it

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

maybe the square ones dont :350:

hahhahahahahaha

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Reality Winner posted:

jesus would not have made the cake because he was not a baker

I'm sure that as a carpenter, he would have no problems making staircases or whatever a carpenter would do back then

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

radical meme posted:

When exactly did the word "lanyard" start being used in this way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-EaMFALFVU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Raytheon built the missile :tinfoil:

I wonder if it will be a Dong type missile. Then we can say we got donged when the apocalypse hits

lol dong

Wait a second... Adam...
.. Johnson???

:tinfoil:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/882685937335115778

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

"now this" [rummaging through table laid with, ace cakes and boss cakes etc., picking out the gaudiest] "now this is truly the cake of the king of kings" [rapidly desiccates]

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

at least it's legal for Canada to have an air force, unlike the US

we don't need laws where we're going

:dukedoge:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

hahhahahahahaha

lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I love all these stories of people who try to work with or manipulate Trump to their own ends and end up finding out he's a huge pain in the rear end.

The only way to "work with" Trump is to minimize his involvement.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

*looks around*

yeah we should be good

*goes back to lollin at hello_boys_im_back.webm*

:911:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNews/status/882684106332569600

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

hahhahahahahaha

i got some wood u can work on mr carpenter man ;)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a helpful bear posted:

i dunno that's a pretty ncaf response

"all is immaterial" is like the fancy way of saying "nothing matters"

and just like "nothing matters", it's a lie

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

hahhahahahahaha

im the lens flare

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

hahaha whats the over under on how many jokes about polish people trump will make on a hot mic? 3? 4?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
How long will it take to capture Pyongyang? 2 days
Will Kim be killed? Yes
Total North Korean civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties North Korea: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the North Korean army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Juche Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Kim launch attacks on the South Koreans? Yes
Will Kim launch attacks on Japan? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Kim sacrifice Pyongyang (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Jaegaseung make a grab for independence? Yes
Will China do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Kim burn the potato fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying North Korea? ~15 years
Will the Korean war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Yinlock posted:

im the lens flare

you matter bby

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

nice to see a crusader saying our democracy is pointless lol

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

rofl

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/882674564316246016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jesus Christ

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Joementum posted:

How long will it take to capture Pyongyan? 2 days
Will Kim be killed? Yes
Total North Korean civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties North Korea: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the North Korean army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Juche Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Kim launch attacks on the South Koreans? Yes
Will Kim launch attacks on Japan? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Kim sacrifice Pyongyang (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Jaegaseung make a grab for independence? Yes
Will China do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Kim burn the potato fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying North Korea? ~15 years
Will the Korean war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

lol this still gets me every time

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

gently caress you mrs that hurt to read :colbert:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Guarantee trump utters “polock” during this trip.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Okay so which donors kids made this monstrosity as unpaid interns? or was someone actually paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to design this?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
joseph was a carpenter not jesus its like you heathens havent even read the bible GOSH

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

i think the word meme has been diluted down to just mean "vague internet force" because my definition of memes still relies heavily on pictures and probably memegenerator.net and these things only serve to make other people who are also making memes chuckle

use the Meme Force, you know its inside you, it defines the memetic energy that created the cosmos

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

hot pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sexual Lorax posted:

hahhahahahahaha

you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

• Locked thread