Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I really like how one character is just straight up named Mari-su.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I like that where it joins up is all blanks. So there was no reason the family tree HAD to involve incest because none of those characters exist so there was no canon to preserve. But it does anyway.

To be fair, if the common ancestor is seventeen generations back, that doesn't really seem like it'd count as incest anymore. Hell, I bet most of us in real life probably have an ancestor by more than one path that's fewer generations removed than that.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
It is kinda weird that Knuckles had a kid with his great-x12-aunt though. Or is that 16th cousin 11 times removed?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Fathis Munk posted:

I can't find a decent source about it but yeah p much.

The artist is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Penders and he just did his thing and then copyrighted the characters he created and I think he wants to do a big spin off with his Lara Su character.

This dude was literally payed to make Knuckles recolors

Livin' Da DeviantArt Dream

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dilb posted:

It is kinda weird that Knuckles had a kid with his great-x12-aunt though. Or is that 16th cousin 11 times removed?

Yeah the family tree does seem a bit weirdly imbalanced. He's 16 generations down from their common ancestor while his wife/girlfriend/whatever is only 4. I am assuming time travel must be involved or else that is an extremely large age gap.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Another fictional bottom-to-top family tree.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
There is always more, and it is always worse.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

:sbahj:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Zemyla posted:

wtf is this
why does this one dude appear like a dozen times on the chart

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Red Metal posted:

wtf is this
why does this one dude appear like a dozen times on the chart

Because he's a sick motherfucker.

Look at Rika Inou's ancestry.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what the gently caress

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Not even in CK2 have I seen such advanced incest

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
So, is that like a niche anime inspired by Joseph Fritzl?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

TheManWithNoName posted:

At least he drew an actual tree in the back so you immediate know where the root is and where the leaves are.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pakled posted:

PYF Awful Graph: Never have I seen such advanced incest

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

TheManWithNoName posted:

I didn't know there even WERE regular non-anthropomorphic ducks in this universe, let alone that one of them is Huey Dewey and Louie's father.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dreddout posted:

PYF Awful Graph: Never have I seen such advanced incest

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Pakled posted:

Next stop: Carlos II of Spain.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Zemyla posted:

At a glance this just looks like the other dumb charts but with anime, what's the big de

Zemyla posted:

:stonk:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It's almost literally the bit from Lolita where Humbert Humbert imagines having a daughter with Lolita, replacing Lolita with her when she becomes too old to be interesting to him, conceiving a (grand)daughter with her, and repeating unto infinity, except the daughter-mothers appear to be at an age where even Humbert Humbert would blanch.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Zemyla posted:

Because he's a sick motherfucker.

I googled.

:stonk: Rika Inou (daughter/granddaughter/great-granddaughter/great-great-granddaughter/great-great-great-granddaughter//half-great-great-great grandniece(Moegi)/lover) :stonk:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime is extremely bad.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

I didn't know there even WERE regular non-anthropomorphic ducks in this universe, let alone that one of them is Huey Dewey and Louie's father.

It's a duck sitting in front of the portrait, there are also leaves obscuring the first part of his name.

Non-anthropomorphic duck is still wtf tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

DarkHorse posted:

It's a duck sitting in front of the portrait, there are also leaves obscuring the first part of his name.

If we evolved from monkeys then why do monkeys still exist? Anthropomorphic ducks would have to have evolved from something else so lower duck species would be completely reasonable.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I'd be ashamed to put my copyright on a misleading sexist chart like that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DarkHorse posted:

I think it's a non-duck bird.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Fathis Munk posted:

At least he drew an actual tree in the back so you immediate know where the root is and where the leaves are.

I'm surprised a guy named Dirty Dingus had so many kids.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
e: no, goddamnit

ee: Content: Ok, remember Aragorn and Arwen from LOTR? She's his first cousin, like over sixty times removed. Her dad, Elrond, was half elf and half human, and somehow he got to choose which to be more like. He chose elf, lived thousands of years, Arwen's like nearly 3000 when the book takes place. Elrond's brother Elros got the same choice, chose human. His descendants went on to found Totally Not Atlantis, eventually hosed up a good thing, Totally Not Atlantis sank beneath the sea. They escaped, and founded Gondor. Eventually hosed up a good thing, the southern half of the family died off, the northern half produced Aragorn. Aragorn goes to Rivendell, is macked on by Elrond's daughter, war of the ring, blah blah blah, eventually have at least a son. And there's 100% chance they both know about their distant relation since he can trace his heritage all the way back to Elrond's brother, and she probably remembers having luncheon with Unkie Elros.

Phy has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Jul 5, 2017

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
After thousands of years? I can't remember stuff that happened a decade ago.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

After thousands of years? I can't remember stuff that happened a decade ago.

I don't remember if I accidentally threw out a kitchen spoon with the disposable soup bowl on today's lunch.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I think everyone missed that at least twice there were gay male echidnas.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fathis Munk posted:

I'd be ashamed to put my copyright on a misleading sexist chart like that.

Every point can be argued as "Because women aren't valued or welcome".

- Historically typical women's jobs make less because we don't think they're as valuable as men's jobs! It's their own fault for choosing them!
- Women don't work at places they're likely to die in accidents because we don't hire them! It's not our fault, we just don't think they're capable so we don't want to give them the chance to prove themselves because it might waste our time! They're coddled and have it so easy! Also they distract the men because they have bodies.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Every point can be argued as "Because women aren't valued or welcome".

- Historically typical women's jobs make less because we don't think they're as valuable as men's jobs! It's their own fault for choosing them!
- Women don't work at places they're likely to die in accidents because we don't hire them! It's not our fault, we just don't think they're capable so we don't want to give them the chance to prove themselves because it might waste our time! They're coddled and have it so easy! Also they distract the men because they have bodies.

No, see all of these are just FACTS and you can't argue with FACTS.

I mean sure, which facts you choose to present can lead readers to draw different conclusions, especially when you arrange it in such a way as to imply a causal relationship rather than a correlation. And sure, the opening line about women making less money because men work longer hours is just blatantly misconstruing what those figures mean, the .77 per 1.00 figure is per hour so it doesn't matter how many hours either gender is working, it's an average.

But FACTS.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Leviathan Song posted:

If we evolved from monkeys then why do monkeys still exist? Anthropomorphic ducks would have to have evolved from something else so lower duck species would be completely reasonable.

We didn't evolve from monkeys tho. But it is true that both the evolved from and evolved to species can both be extant.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Raldikuk posted:

We didn't evolve from monkeys tho. But it is true that both the evolved from and evolved to species can both be extant.

That was the joke. The word "duck" could be more like primate in their world. Mallards and anthropomorphic ducks could be equivalent to monkeys and humans in our world.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Leviathan Song posted:

That was the joke. The word "duck" could be more like primate in their world. Mallards and anthropomorphic ducks could be equivalent to monkeys and humans in our world.

God created Duck in His own image, six thousand years ago. Then a while later He killed all the sinful ducks with a great flood. (Exactly how water would have killed all the ducks is something of a mystery, since, you know, they're ducks. But there are some things Duck was not meant to know.)

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'm most disturbed by the fact the duck is introduced at least six generations into the family tree.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

It's a placeholder, guys. The duck is hiding the face of an actual anthropomorphic duck, just like the name is hidden by the leaves, so it's a mystery who Huey, Dewey, and Louie's father is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Goons don't get jokes, vol. 143.