Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm on the verge of dropping him. Not even so much about his repeatedly elbow injuries now, but because the Giants will never be in a position for him to get another save this year.

They're playing much better at the moment and Bum will be back after the all-star break. They're not going to contend or anything, but they can't possibly be as bad as they were in April and May, where literally everyone on the team besides Buster was performing below their career norms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
CM says Kela is the guy to own and they're usually on top of this stuff.

Raise your hand if Yahoo told you at 1 that JDM was sitting the first game so you benched him for Hamilton to chase steals but then he started anyway and hit a HR

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

They're playing much better at the moment and Bum will be back after the all-star break. They're not going to contend or anything, but they can't possibly be as bad as they were in April and May, where literally everyone on the team besides Buster was performing below their career norms.

Yeah that was hyperbole I'm just really fed up with Melancon's poo poo about now.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

CM says Kela is the guy to own and they're usually on top of this stuff.

Kela's the obvious choice, but he's dealing with a shoulder issue right now and I do think they'll go with a closer by committee for at least a little bit.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys I think Dylan Bundy is suffering from fatigue.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bewbies posted:

I'm glad I flipped Judge for him.

HES GOING TO BE ON FIRE IN AUGUST JUST YOU WAIT

I have like six players that are all going to be on fire in August.

I hope :ohdear:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Raise your hand if Yahoo told you at 1 that JDM was sitting the first game so you benched him for Hamilton to chase steals but then he started anyway and hit a HR

I almost did, but then I realized that if he was sitting the first game, he was probably playing in the second one anyway and kept him in.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kyle Schwarber update: 391/500/913 with 4 HR in 7 games for Iowa

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Benched Manny Machado. gently caress him and his home run.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Jose Ramirez has almost single handedly kept my offense afloat so far this year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Happ ozuna and betts i love you all

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lmao happ/ramirez/rizzo are literally turning a 5-9 loss for me to a 8-6 victory.

luv ya, my soon to be 3 second basemen :wink:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish I drafted Ozuna over Yelich :qq:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
gently caress this season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

I wish I drafted Ozuna over Yelich :qq:

I wish I didn't trade Bellinger for Yelich and Brantley.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I wish I didn't trade Bellinger for Yelich and Brantley.

Yelich, Machado, Cargo. They're all going to blow up soon, Going to win 10 weeks in a row off their hot bats!

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I just hope Story starts to heat up soon

Sheesh

How dumb am I for keeping Odubel Herrera on my roster? Domingo Santa is available, should I switch?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Pussy Boss posted:

Kyle Schwarber update: 391/500/913 with 4 HR in 7 games for Iowa

God I hope he comes up and can't hit again.

The Beefy Lad becoming the most AAAA player of all time would be awesome.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'm starting to get triggered just from seeing the alert for a new trade offer appear. They're always SO BAD.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
For you daily fantasy guys out there, if you ever want to know who's about to go completely loving bonkers on Sunday I can supply you with my opponent's starting lineup

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

I just hope Story starts to heat up soon

Sheesh

How dumb am I for keeping Odubel Herrera on my roster? Domingo Santa is available, should I switch?

Yup do it

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in a 13-teamer roto where obp replaces avg and we added on slg

who would you rather have: betts or bryant?

i'm thinking bryant

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Nola is finally off my poo poo list.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Harper and Correa not stealing bases has really dicked me over on steals this year.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Schweinhund posted:

Harper and Correa not stealing bases has really dicked me over on steals this year.

losing trea turner really dicked me over on steals this year.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Punting steals every year really dicks me over on steals.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 5, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
punting steals then relying on the steal category has really dicked me over

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
AJ Pollock getting hurt has really dicked me over for steals is the most predictable thing about AJ Pollock.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schweinhund posted:

Brandon Belt has more steals than both combined. :lol:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I just randomly checked my counting stats for the season in a 12 team league. I have comparable stats to the league leader, yet I'm 23 games back and in 11th place.

H2H ya'll. :dance:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Seems like half of the league has gone on paternity leave the last couple weeks. Gonna be a strong draft in 2035.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I just randomly checked my counting stats for the season in a 12 team league. I have comparable stats to the league leader, yet I'm 23 games back and in 11th place.

H2H ya'll. :dance:

I wish ESPN had a stat for counting who would have won on Saturday and lost on Sunday.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I hate that I drafted Villar. He's the type of player I tend to avoid on draft day, but it was in the fifth round and his steals looked appealing. I was set to drop him, and then Turner went down. I don't know why I continue to roster him. As I write out this post, I realize I'll drop him tomorrow.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Maybe I'm dumb but I would still love to have Villar. I'm a sucker for power + speed. Try to trade him to someone who needs steals.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I mean, yeah, I knew Leake was gonna regress. but still. :argh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Brandon Belt has more steals than both combined. :lol:

I've owned Correa all year and thought I was getting steals from him until this post. Nope. Literally zero.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

I've owned Correa all year and thought I was getting steals from him until this post. Nope. Literally zero.

He hasn't even attempted a steal. 0 SB 0 CS

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

The only guy on my team that is stealing bases is Cameron Maybin. Praise Maybin (even though he's slumping as of late).

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Even Brian "Wheels" McCann has a steal on the season. At least Machado stole a couple this year, to go along with that .215 AVG

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

stolen bases are down because some teams realized how little they matter over the long run, especially so when those same teams are telling their hitters to swing for the parking lot. so unless you're a hamilton or deshields or dyson or maybin, who can guarantee like a 85+% success rate, why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Schweinhund posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but I would still love to have Villar. I'm a sucker for power + speed. Try to trade him to someone who needs steals.

It'd be a tough sell, I think. He only has 15 steals on the season, and then you have to roster his .208/.276/.349. He's basically a much worse Billy Hamilton, because at least Hamilton has 34 steals.

It's July, too. However, I did drop Justin Upton in August last year and then he tore up the league, so maybe there is hope for Villar going forward.

• Locked thread