Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Suggestions for a good micro sd card? 128gb or 256 but I don't want to spend a hundred bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

DLC Inc posted:

XCX had the skeleton of an interesting plot what with the whole "not your real body plus all of us are actually in an ark somewhere" but hosed it up with the worst characters and writing possibly in Nintendo history. It doesn't help that the original Nier did this idea far better, anyway.

The side quests had pretty good writing and were more than enough to salvage the main plot, at least in my opinion.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Al Borland Corp. posted:

PacMan Vs is in the namco collection so yeah.

What Namco collection is this and what other games does it have?

I wish they'd officially re-release pac-man arrangement 1996 again. :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Fun Times! posted:

Suggestions for a good micro sd card? 128gb or 256 but I don't want to spend a hundred bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOB6YW4/

Got that one for $40 a couple weeks ago. It works. Seems they have the newer one available for not much.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Am I stuck paying 60 per game to get switch stuff digitally

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
edit: Wrong thread, whoops.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Games can go on sale, we had one game recently. A bunch of games are also cheaper but if you mean first party Nintendo, most likely. Nintendo never drops the price of a game, not even retail, and most people hold on to them. A used copy of a first party title will usually still sell for only $5-10 off retail. I remember buying a copy of smash brothers for the wii 2 or 3 years after it came out and gamestop asked me if I wanted a new copy or a used copy for $5 less. After I request the new copy I'm told they don't have any and I have to get it used.

I think wii games were only $50 so it was $45. If Nintendo starts discounting first party titles is a new thing that will make a bunch of people happy.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Tatsuta Age posted:

There are many games that are not in fact 60 bucks. But the ones that are, you are stuck.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I guess what I mean is, I can use prime or gcu for physical games, is there any equivalent way to do that for digital?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tatsuta Age posted:

I guess what I mean is, I can use prime or gcu for physical games, is there any equivalent way to do that for digital?

No and it sucks, but them's the breaks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Valen posted:

Legitimately curious how the games that chug and leak memory on a PS4 Pro will handle on the Switch.

Don't they run the same on the iOS versions? I don't think the hardware is necessarily the issue.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I'll probably get Splatoon 2 via download so I don't have to leave my home, it's scary out there!!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Not only did I just spend $45 on a memory device to play digital, I also just paid $10 more to get Isaac downloaded. I love the Nintendo Switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zore posted:

Metroid: Other M says hi.

Also the characters and writing weren't really bad? The main plot was a little weak but there were a lot of fun sidequests and I loved the setting.

I'd say MOM's writing was actually better overall, it told its story about domestic abuse at a base level of competence. The main problem was the director insisting that all translation be literal with no localization, so everything seemed very alien.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tatsuta Age posted:

I genuinely don't know why I can't get Prime discounts on digital codes via Amazon, but yeah, there's no such way.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

(Metroid game's) story about domestic abuse

I gave up on this game in an hour or so.

So, uh, WHAT?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Will the switch put audio out through the headphone jack while docked or is audio only on HDMI then?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'd say MOM's writing was actually better overall, it told its story about domestic abuse at a base level of competence. The main problem was the director insisting that all translation be literal with no localization, so everything seemed very alien.

Nothing about Other M had a 'base level of competence'. :psyduck:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Zore posted:

I still wish we were getting XCX 2 tbh. Better faces and skell stuff interest me a hell of a lot more than whatever XC2 is doing.

I've never read an opinion that is so incorrect on the internet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

XCX done right would be an amazing game

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo released their list of top downloads.

1. Snipperclips
  2. Minecraft
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
And more.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Go, go Snipperclips!!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm glad Kamiko is doing well.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Seikken Densetsu collection just sitting there, taunting us.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I would have liked XCX more if they didn't pretty much restrict half of your party to Lin and Elmo, if Mastermind wasnt the hottest garbage (and also the class i went into because mind controlling enemies & exploding them to regain all my MP sounded fun. it was not, because so many enemies resisted it.), and if they gave you skells earlier. Also if you could easily assemble your party instead of having to hunt out your party members to recruit them each time you wanted to switch them out. also if they had more online stuff other than "join the clan that's winning the popularity war for the good stuff." the game might have been better as an MMO, and I think it was trying to be one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zore posted:

Nothing about Other M had a 'base level of competence'. :psyduck:

It also was not a story about domestic abuse

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bloodysabbath posted:

I gave up on this game in an hour or so.

So, uh, WHAT?

The whole game is about her abusive relationship with Adam. It's really thinly veiled.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

It also was not a story about domestic abuse

didnt we shun you from posting here

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

No that was the other guy with the bad games poster avatar

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Tatsuta Age posted:

Your best bet is to keep an eye out for deals on eShop cards. Places like eBay run promos with them occasionally.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

No that was the other guy with the bad games poster avatar

There are multiple people with that avatar and they all suck so much, it's really confusing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sam Faust posted:

I'm glad Kamiko is doing well.

Hopefully this will lead to more small $5-$10 games on the service. I mean, freaking Othello is in the top ten.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Hopefully this will lead to more small $5-$10 games on the service. I mean, freaking Othello is in the top ten.

I think that's primarily because it was a D1 launch title alongside that crappy FrontierDays game

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Got the iVAPO glass screen protectors 2-pack from Amazon today for $5 and wow these things kill the Hori protectors. It looks and feels better than the Hori screen protectors and once it sticks there were zero bubbles I had to gently caress with. The beveled edges give it a much better look, it feels better and the glass gives the screen a super clear picture. Definitely pick these up if you haven't already.

Also got my replacement joycons today, which only took like four days to fix. A++++ poo poo all around, Switch owns

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

There are multiple people with that avatar and they all suck so much, it's really confusing

Seems like you figured it out actually

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Imagined posted:

Seikken Densetsu collection just sitting there, taunting us.

It's never getting localized, is it? :smith:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nope.

The one game that came out over here after so many years was a remake of the original game on Android that had to be petitioned to come out on something with buttons.

Doing better than SaGa though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's never getting localized, is it? :smith:

I don't understand. How much does localising an SNES game cost? Do they really think they wouldn't at least make that much back?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Oh ok Nacalis, delay the Cave Story PAL release until September too :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Imagined posted:

I don't understand. How much does localising an SNES game cost? Do they really think they wouldn't at least make that much back?

Because it's far more niche than you realize and most of the goodwill with that series bombed in the PS2 era, and the translations on the two games in that collection that were done were really basic or bad, and then the one game that isn't translated that they can't just grab the fan translation for has six characters and multiple routes.

Also the teams that worked on those games are scattered and usually without an internal push they won't bother with some things. The only reason the series got this collection and an android remake of the first game is because the developer of the free to play mobile game was pushing for them.

That said Nintendo grabbed the two ex-mana teams I can think of, one of which is Brownie Brown which worked on Mother 3 and still works on Nintendo titles as 1-up Studio, and then Grezzo which has been doing the N64 Zelda remakes and now recently Ever Oasis.

Buy Ever Oasis.

• Locked thread