Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Call me team Lotto Ticket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Omg, I thought he was on autodraft before me

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Bastard!!!

I wanted to roll out Julio, Alshon, Baldwin, and Crabtree.

Ok, fine. Elite TE it is.

Jimmy Graham.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm happy to be rolling out Crabtree as a WR3. I've loved this guy since he beat Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjI1Cub_ofo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm happy to be rolling out Crabtree as a WR3. I've loved this guy since he beat Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjI1Cub_ofo

I considered getting him in the fourth. No way he should have lasted that long.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I considered getting him in the fourth. No way he should have lasted that long.

I like him and would take him fifth or sixth, but I think Cooper is poised to steal shares. The last draft had me feeling like I can get great wide receiver depth and running back depth in the later rounds and I'm really high on Luck this year.

That and everyone is drafting exceptionally well this time around. I felt much stronger about the value I was getting in the first draft compared to this one.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So in the same vein as my fourth pick, I kinda didn't feel anything for what was available and just grabbed Hunter Henry. I'm very high on him and feel I can have a solid TE option and just shore up RB and WR the rest of the way, since this is a mock draft and I don't normally go with two TEs and only do two QBs 50% of the time.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Oh so that is trashy. My phone was giving me alerts for every draft pick up until the Crabtree pick. Never knew I was on the clock. Would have chosen someone different and Cook was not on my radar. Whelp!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I took Edelman. He is still listed as the #1 WR on the New England Patriots. Am I missing something? I toyed with a couple other WR1s still on the list but I decided this was just too much value for the mid fifth round.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I took Edelman. He is still listed as the #1 WR on the New England Patriots. Am I missing something? I toyed with a couple other WR1s still on the list but I decided this was just too much value for the mid fifth round.

I like the pick. Cooks having a higher ADP than Edelman is a bit of an oddity to me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

I like the pick. Cooks having a higher ADP than Edelman is a bit of an oddity to me.

I think the ADPs are heavily skewed right now by dynasty draft data. A bunch of guys who got traded, plus a bunch of rookies, have higher ADPs than they probably should/will once all the redraft leagues start doing their 2017 drafts.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Cooks is gonna take a team's best DB off of Edelman, so I would at least assume it's safe to say he'll hit his usual numbers with zero problem if not better.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Edelman had a good year in terms of yardage last year, but only three TDs. For the purposes of this draft, I'm presuming that's a statistical aberration and he'll trend back towards the 7 he had in 2015, but I'm not sure and I assume that's why he's down in the 4th to 5th round despite being WR1 on a world championship team. Mid-fifth I'm OK with a WR getting ~100 receptions for 1100 yards and 4-5 TDs, though. Like, that's a drat good deal?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Larry Fitzgerald is going to be 34 and is certainly on the wrong side of things, but even in his age he makes a fantastic WR3. Hard to argue with his floor, although it looks like my team is looking exceptionally safe. The honest answer is that I just don't see any players that really excite me.

Mark Ingram is great in a PPR format, and personally I think arguments for Adrian Peterson are overblown.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Honestly, the only reason I didn't take him over Henry was I already have Cook. Also the reason I didn't take him over Luck.

Really regretting the Cook pick. :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can hold my pick if that autodraft was incorrect: it looks like we're on a 12-hour clock?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If someone wants to change a pick I can do it, but I would prefer to avoid going back too much.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, Cook is ahead of Latavius on the depth chart last I read.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Chen, speak now or forever hold your peace

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK quick question. There's no negative points in the scoring in this league for interceptions. Is that an oversight? Or should I draft on the presumption that INTs don't hurt QBs?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

OK quick question. There's no negative points in the scoring in this league for interceptions. Is that an oversight? Or should I draft on the presumption that INTs don't hurt QBs?

Isn't this just a mock anyway?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

Isn't this just a mock anyway?

Yes, but I take these things seriously! should I lower my rating for QBs who throw lots of picks vs. those that don't? Normally I would, and I think e.g. beersheets must assume picks cost something because that's how fantasy draft ratings are usually done, but weirdly we're not in this league so maybe I shouldn't.

OK whatever I'll assume a pick is at least -1 point and maybe -2, and take:
Derek Carr!

Winston is above him in ADP, but Winston throws tons of picks and Carr doesn't. That's my deciding factor. If Russel Wilson had still been on the board I'd have had a tough time picking between them but probably gone with Wilson. I feel this round is when all the QBs in this tier are going to go, so I'm OK with taking a QB in the sixth.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Derek Carr is my jam. If I hadn't grabbed Luck, I probably take him with my fifth pick.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Huge Davis Carr fan. I would have taken him in the fifth/sixth turn no question.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

Davis Carr

Intentional double fail?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Intentional double fail?

Yes, completely intentional.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm sad Perkins was grabbed before it got to me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm sad Perkins was grabbed before it got to me.

I'm happy Coleman fell to me. Very happy with him as my RB2. Surprised he lasted this long.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why is everybody so high on Perkins? Guy didn't show anything last year.

*cough* There's much better starting RBs on the board stil *cough*

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sataere posted:

I'm happy Coleman fell to me. Very happy with him as my RB2. Surprised he lasted this long.

Noooooooooo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Giants have repeatedly shown they back him and have brought in no one. He was unimpressive last year for sure,
But looks like he'll get the volume unless he implodes.

Could someone please explain the Coleman love in the fifth round? Even Larry Johnson circa '05, the most valued backup rb I can ever recall, lasted til 6-7

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Remember when Gio and Hill were a thing like, two years ago? That's a decent parallel.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

Perkins doesn't have a lot of competition and he did show flashes behind a garbage line. He went high for my tastes, but I can see the appeal.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Could someone please explain the Coleman love in the fifth round? Even Larry Johnson circa '05, the most valued backup rb I can ever recall, lasted til 6-7

Coleman was a solid RB2 last year, even splitting carries. He is used a fair amount in the passing game and if something happens to Freeman, he looks to inherit a top tier workload.

He is a high floor / high ceiling guy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I agree with all of that, but don't see why he'd rate higher than the RB1s still on the board.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

...like, for example, Frank Gore.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gore is old. But he's gonna outscore all of your dumb Round 5 & 6 RBs

Frank Gore goes to Team 89 :smug:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Perkins doesn't have a lot of competition and he did show flashes behind a garbage line. He went high for my tastes, but I can see the appeal.

Yeah, I reviewed and his stats were worse than I recall. He did well at the end of the season when he was lead back and I feel like his opportunity is better than most. I might bump him down a bit.

I feel like Gore is just like super old and is bound to crash hard.

Gilly, well, he has a shot at Blount-like numbers from last year. Uncertain floor, but that ceiling...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I wanted Gillisle. But, it was basically Gore vs. Gilly. And, despite his age, I feel like I know what Gore will give me. Gillisle is gonna do great I feel, but let's not forget about James White, Dion Lewis, and Burkhead either. Their backfield is a little ridiculous and is gonna be frustrating for fantasy.

Burkhead is gonna be the bastard TD vulture that Michael Bush was to Matt Forte in Chicago.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
CJ is a tricky one. I was close to picking him the last two picks. When the dude is healthy, he's great. But it's been...3 seasons? Dude is always injured or has something nagging him and bringing him down. I would have grabbed him if he went another round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

I agree with all of that, but don't see why he'd rate higher than the RB1s still on the board.

Because there are no RB1s left on the board, in my opinion. Only 12 RB1s, and they are all gone. If you mean lead backs, being a lead/feature back is a poor metric. I care about opportunities and I think Coleman will see more looks than a lot of the guys still left.

EDIT: But Gore is a solid option. I just have a gut feeling about him that last year was the end.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread