Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kevin and Christmas are at the top of the Jokers ratings, with Alex and Paul the rest of the top 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I expect it to go to Kevin, Christmas, or Alex. I went Alex just in case Christmas gets evicted and I saw a lot of feedsters go that way. It wouldn't be terrible for her to win since she was being talked about as a backdoor target, but who knows now that Jessica has blown up her and Cody's game?

There's also a really weird wild card in play that Roger freaking Stone is trying to get the alt right to vote for Jillian because she's a Trumper.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 4, 2017

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Jillian is s trumper?

Also Xmas and Kevin should be F2

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Apparently. She mentioned in preshow interviews that she hid her social media and was going to hide her politics because apparently she recognized her own political views as offensive and controversial. She's barely on feeds so I have no idea if she's whatever.

It's stupid and I'd bet at least half the house are Trumpers. I'd bet on Cody, Alex, and Kevin to start from what I've heard (not that they've said they are, but their general politics/attitude).

But for whatever reason the alt right has caught on to Jillian and there's a bit of a push that Jillian is the victim of anti-Trump bigotry and they must make a statement and MAGA. I wouldn't think much of it but the "power" of the alt right is all about internet trollery.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Josh told the cameras while he was alone in the room that he is committed to Christmas and Paul.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. That should be enough to keep Christmas unless Mark flips again or something crazy happens. But I think Jessica turned Mark away with her behavior last night and Mark seemed to really be regretting everything he had done the last couple of days once he realized Jessica had been doing that with everyone. He kept apologizing to Matt, Raven, and Elena for his poo poo.

Christmas is having a nice, pleasant conversation with Josh right now and talking game which is probably why he's going with her and Paul. They're two of the only people who treat him like a person (even though Paul was trashing him behind his back ruthlessly before POV, but that's what Paul does) and make him feel like he's playing Big Brother. He also said he was loyal to Dom and Raven. Dom's not surprising since she's the other person who treats Josh well. Raven's a WTF? since she hates Josh, bashes him a ton, and is at the front of the line of wanting him out. But he seems to be crushing hard on her (and possibly peeped on her in the shower).

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
So basically it's looking like Kevin will be the vote that matters? Jessica and Jason are talking right now and Jason is 100% on board with voting out Christmas. With Jessica, Alex, Jason, & Ramses voting to keep Jilian then Kevin is really the wild card. Whoever gets him gets to stay. Am I reading this correctly?

Kevin and Jason have been buddy buddy all day it seems.

e: If Kevin votes out Xmas then they are still one short on final thought. Yea, Jessica is a little over confident. They have some work to do.

CancerStick fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 5, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No, if Christmas has Josh (which his statement to the cameras would suggest) then Kevin's vote is meaningless.

Keep Jillian: Jessica, Alex, Jason, Ramses, and Kevin (we'll assume)
Keep Christmas: Paul, Raven, Matt, Elena, Dom, Mark, and Josh.
7-5, Christmas stays.

Kevin was the swing vote when Cody/Jessica had Mark but now that he seems to have flipped they need Josh. And they've done nothing to get his vote and its very strange that they think he's a lock.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason's a paranoid mess. He's convinced that the whole thing is still a con job and everyone including Paul are still with Cody. I'm pretty sure when Christmas stays he's going to be certain it was all a trick. I don't entirely blame him because he's dealing with the same "none of this makes sense" everyone else was before they just accepted that Cody's insane. But he should get a grip.

He was freaking out for like an hour that Cody looked at his snake skin cowboy boots and said "they fit you." He finally went up to Cody and asked him if he was calling him a snake. Cody of course said no and Jason dropped it. Cody tells Jessica that Jason's been like that all week and amusingly neither see that as a sign that Jason doesn't actually trust Cody.

Cody and Jess remain super confident that they have the votes and the rest of their alliance are screwing themselves. They see Jillian and Christmas talking and are surprised. Jessica is put out that Christmas can be cool with Jillian but not her. Geez, I wonder what the difference is?

Dom double checked with Mark that he's still good keeping Christmas and he agreed. Dom also said that Christmas isn't loyal to her and she shouldn't be loyal to someone who isn't loyal based on emotion, but for now its whats best for the team. I'm not sure what that's about as I've never seen Christmas do anything against Dom but Dom seemed to be planting seeds of doubt about Christmas in Mark's head before all this and she might be trying to prep Mark to turn on Christmas down the line. Dom also kind of seems to be playing more with guys than girls so that might be it.

Apparently Jason said he wanted to shove Jessica's head in the toilet in front of Christmas, so Jillian is worried Jess will find out and switch her vote. I mean, points for playing, Jillian, but the game is way past that.

Jessica summons Jason to strongarm him into voting the right way. Jason says Cody didn't put him up so he's gonna vote his way. Jess demands that Jason promise not to put up Cody or Jess and that he no longer has to protect the other people Cody made him promise to keep safe. She wants the same deal from Alex. Jason assures her that Alex isn't putting her up and neither is Paul. Jess is yet the latest person to assure Jason that the split is real. Blah blah blah, everyone's disloyal and backstabbed Cody and Jessica because they're the honorable fighters.

Jason: I'm not going to be some fag... whoops.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I finally saw Sunday show and Jessica is super racist

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mark actually came up with a good plan for future temptations if they offer safety.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Max posted:

Mark actually came up with a good plan for future temptations if they offer safety.

If his plan wasn't "Take them, every time, and who cares what happens to everybody else" then I have a better one

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pretty much that, with the caveat "don't let Jessica get it"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul grills Jason and Alex about talking to Jessica and why they gotta stick with him and blah blah blah. Jason says he told Jess he has Paul's back and Paul and Alex are pissed and tell him to stop telling people poo poo.

Jason: I told them, I don't got Paul's back because he's smart but I got his front!
Alex: Don't loving say that!
Paul: Can you coach him? Can you just coach him?

Paul: Do not tell people who's backs you have because they figure it out. Do you understand? The whole point of this game is to be loving smart!

Jason: Why would Christmas tell Jessica that I want to slam her head in a toilet bowl?
Alex: chokes in laughter
Paul: I don't think she'd say that.
Jason: I did say that.
Paul:...
Alex: You rear end in a top hat!

Paul assures them Christmas wouldn't do that and doesn't talk to Jessica and they figure out Jillian probably told her. Lots of yelling and stupidness.

Elena tells Ramses to use the Curse if Paul wins HOH. Ramses is nervous what Paul would do because he's saying he has a secret plan but Elena's all In Paul We Trust. Ramses tells Elena that Mark and Dom have a (un)secret alliance. Blah blah blah Elena's logical and perceptive.

Matt, Christmas, and Raven inform Paul that Cowboy's been campaigning to get Christmas out hard. Paul is shocked as he thought he had him. Christmas says she's going to pull the age old "you broke my foot" card. Paul thinks Cowboy's fine and leaves. The rest talk that Jessica's scrambling. Christmas reiterates that even if she's useless in comps they need her in as a number to keep COdy and Jessica from flipping the other side of the house and maybe she can get some fan vote sympathy super powers. Christmas saying she has Josh in control if he wins HOH. Matt is the loud eater in the house.

Paul questions Jason and Jason admits he's keeping Jillian. Jason says he doesn't care about Cody and Jess but wants Jillian over Christmas. Paul pushes hard and does his thing. Jason holds his ground. Paul tries to bully Jason and he doesn't like it. Jason says that he thinks the showmances are all playing Paul and setting him up, but Paul says he's safe for 2 weeks. Paul tells Jason to have a one-on-one with Christmas and pick her brain. Paul more or less threatens Jason to get on the right side of the numbers.

Cody and Jess discuss how hosed Matt and Raven are. Elena and Christmas wronged Jessica. Trust, fear, blah blah blah. They call everyone lame for not hanging around them the one day they're out of HOH.

Cody: All anyone had to do was chill out.

Jason, Kevin, and Alex. They say they have to get Josh on board by saying the showmances will nominate him next week.
Jason: I just don't want to disappoint Paul.
Alex: DAMNIT, JASON!
Kevin leaves to make a "choke and slide" (PB&J) and Jason recounts his Paul and Jess conversations with Alex. Jason thinks Paul is making money to keep Christmas. Alex doesn't know why Paul is pressing so hard and Jason says he "thinks I'm with Cody." Jason tells him the deal he cut with Jess but says he doesn't care about cutting her. Alex thinks there's something "not right" about Christmas breaking her foot. ??? Alex ultimately concludes that she can't betray her best friend Jillian... which is probably where this should have started. Have I mentioned these two are a mess? But there's something really entertaining about it.

Christmas and Elena count votes and they still think they have Kevin for 8. Elena's unsure about Josh but Christmas says she's been giving him advice and he "sees our power". Matt and Mark are talking. To be honest I've had a few beers and I'm a little tired of these folks. I'm pulling for them this week but there's a lot of entitlement and annoying wishy washiness.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Sounds like Kevin is with Team Jillian. Team Xmas needs to hope Josh is truly in her back pocket (which his personal talk with the camera sounded sincere)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica tries to strongarm Matt. He uses every ounce of will he has not to laugh in her face and just shoots down all her nonsense saying that Cody created this situation and no one's betraying her. We can just sum it up as:
Matt: I see your perspective. I disagree with it, but I understand it. Do you see mine?
Jess: No.

There's some banner and everyone goes in. Cody is all in a tizzy that it said something about Mark and Dom. He and Jess are giggly.

Christmas questions Kevin about the fact that they both know he's lying about him voting to keep her and Jason just bullshits her some more. Christmas talks about how everyone trusted Cody because he seemed like the most upright guy but they all saw that his word means nothing. Elena joins. Christmas brings up that she thinks Jess is jealous of her which is why she went up, and actually she adds some evidence that makes me understand how she got there. Cody told her that she "makes the girls uncomfortable". Its still obviously not true but now I get how Chris got there. Jason mentions that Alex feels Jess is jealous of her too. Chris argues that she's a better person to be stuck in an airport with than Jillian (Jillian's boring and annoying) and that she's a better teammate. Jason says he promised Jillian her vote and Chris says she doesn't want him to break his word but the situation has changed a lot since then with all the nominations. Jason says he's voting with the majority, he just doesn't know what that is.

Jess cuts a quick deal with Alex and agree to try and pull Josh in on Thursday.

Cody assures Jillian, Alex, and Ramses that he can get Mark's vote. After he leaves and they spin a bit they get pissy about why Jason is in with Christmas and Alex barges in and yells that she needs to talk to him about "that squirrely loving bullshit!"

Alex, Jillian, and Ramses are starting to get their poo poo together and realize that Jessica doesn't have the leverage to demand a lopsided deal, they do because Cody and Jessica need them. Alex says they're gonna change the deal. Jillian thinks she's going to get the next Temptation out of sympathy for her being on the block so much. I don't think she got much TV time, but she does have the Daily Caller pimping for her so she could. Lots of random, uninformed whining from Ramses and Jillian about the Curse and the block.

Josh walks in and Jillian laughs at him. Literally. Then when he leaves she makes fun of him. Good campaigning.

Paul tells Jason and Alex that he figured out that Jillian is the one who told Jessica about the "smash your head in a toilet bowl" thing and then tried to frame Christmas. I agree with Paul. Jason does too. When Paul leaves Alex says he's lying. Jason's less sure. Jason's worried about being on the wrong side of the votes. Alex is still trying to figure out up from down. Jason thought the showmances hated Ramses but Elena just told him she loved Ramses. They have a theory that Paul has to keep Christmas as some kind of task/mission.
They're a mess.
Alex: I seriously feel like everyone's playing this game to gently caress us up!

Mark walks in and Alex essentially starts interrogating him. "What are you doing on Thursday?" "What do you think about people on the block?" "Who do you trust on the block?" "Do you know someone who's going to backstab us?" "You know stuff."
Alex: You know stuff.
Mark: Do I?
Alex: Do you?
Mark: Does it involve weights?
Alex: Well people weigh stuff.
Mark: I can lift weights.
Alex: Can you lift lies?

Kitties. 4th party. Happy 4th.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back.

Paul telling Mark, Elena, and Dom his theory about Jillian's role in Toilet-Gate. Oh wait, he thinks Ramses is involved and its about the banner. There's a rumor going around that a banner flew by that said Dom and Mark were in an alliance. Ramses and Jillian are being blamed for spreading it. Cody and Jess are spreading it too but their stories aren't matching. They say there was no lockdown so its bullshit. What I saw was Cody telling Jess he saw one but no lockdown or no one else saying anything about it, so Cody might have started it. I guess the idea is Cody, Jess, Jillian, and Ramses working together. Paul says they had some of those incidents last year and the linger. Dom says shes the wrong person to mess with. Paul says Alex doesn't buy into Cody/Jess and everyone is focused on them the next 2 weeks (I'm not sold on that). Paul says after that he has a secret, unexpected, good move. Elena reveals that Ramses warned her about Dom/Mark. Ramses is in trouble, but he always was.

Dom/Mark alone and Dom is upset and thinks this is a serious problem. She's HEAVILY hinting that Elena having it in her mind is a problem and that Elena may need to be dealt with sooner than later. Mark bites but doesn't go all in. "Down the line when numbers dwindle" and Dom clearly isn't thinking that far down the line.

Mark tells Jason that he's voting out Jillian. That's big as Cody and Jess are promising they have Mark's vote and Jason is worried about being on the wrong side of the numbers.

Cody repeating all his crap to Alex and Jillian. They're all scared cowards and disloyal. We have the votes locked. Mark's good and just making nice for Elena. Paul lied. Alex says Christmas should be tossed from the game for her injury because she's "a waste of space." Cody has so much newfound respect for Jillian. Dom still amused they're not even trying with her. Alex thinks Paul is going to put up her and Jason for some reason. Cody's just nonstop talking about how scared they are with impersonations and all these stories that never happened about them cowering from him. He's unbearable.

Alex: We have the votes to keep it as long as you keep your votes.

Mark, Dom, Christmas, and Raven discussing the banner and Cody/Jess' press. Dom throwing shade saying there's an "infiltrator" in their group. Pretty sure she's trying to bury Elena.

Jillian tells Alex that Ramses wants to put himself up next week, and has to do it before noms. Jill says Josh can't be up because they need the numbers. So they want Matt and Raven up. Kevin comes in and Alex says they can't trust Paul anymore and Alex has some crazy theory that he has a stipulation that he has to backstab a "friendship", which I guess means someone he gave a bracelet to. Alex trusts Cody now. Josh comes in and they kick him out. Josh comes back in a little later and Alex and Jillian walk right out. Remember, they need his vote.

Jess telling Cody the party was uncomfortable. Cody says Alex said everyones gunning for them. "Traitors." They're so stupid. Blah blah blah. Jess doesn't know who to go after. Cody wants Matt dead.

Christmas now thinks she has Ramses for 9 for some reason (I think she's high). She says the pain's getting worse and she's getting worried.

Jason tells Paul and Alex he still doesn't understand what the difference is between Jillian and Christmas. Paul says Jillian is working with Cody and pulled these stunts today. Jason asks where Mark is. Paul says Mark says he's done with Cody but Paul's only 75% sure. But he saw Jessica mad at something Mark said so he's feeling good. Paul says Cody and Jess don't have anyone except Jillian and Ramses and they're dropping Jason and Alex's names a lot (True!).
Jason: Shut the gently caress up for a minute.
Jason says put yourself in his shoes. He speaks in riddles but it comes down to everyone wanted Jason up and Cody saved him. Paul says he didn't save him, he just made it look like that but Paul was the target the whole time (trueish?).

Paul leaves. Jason says they've been bested at their own game. Alex says he's lying and he's some kind of saboteur. Jason's scared they don't have the votes. Alex says the votes are anonymous anyway. Paul's back. Jason's worried about jury? Paul says he's getting way ahead of himself and with this Temptation/Snake poo poo this game is going to be crazy. Paul's totally right about that one. Paul's doing his best Vanessa impersonation and just talking a mile a minute. Paul says he wants the HOH and he's going to backdoor Cody but he's going to pick another couple up first to try and shake free information. Really, I can't follow Paul anymore he's talking so fast.

Jess says she wouldn't be able to coexist with the person who evicts Cody. Cody says he'd "psychologically gently caress them" if Jess gets evicted before him. He says he'll make the house the most uncomfortable place to live in. Jess finds this sexy. But Cody says she won't go home first because he'll throw his game away. Jess tries to explain why he has no real say over that, but its Cody so he controls everything. He says he'll "alpha male" Matt and call him a "pussy" every day. Jess says that would be good tv. Cody and Jess mock Matt for not hooking up with Raven yet. They get in a passive aggressive fight because Cody says he's gonna "ghost" right after the show.

Jason telling Mark he thought he was on Cody's side. Mark says he was but Cody threw him under the bus.

I think Jason's flipping.

I think Mark telling him he had flipped is the key but you probably can't discount the talk Christmas had (he seemed shaken after that) and the nonstop of Paul.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin is telling stories to the house but instead we have two feeds on Cody/Jess and Elena/Mark. This is yet another night the house is socializing and the showmances are ostracizing themselves.

Matt's in the HOH shower and when he's done he just walks straight out with a curt "bye" 'cause Matt is done giving a gently caress. After he's gone (of course) Cody calls him a pussy and Jess says its insane. Remember, Jess threw a fit last night that Elena didn't have a bed and Cody offered the HOH bed.

Dom breaks up Matt and Elena's makeout session and Elena reveals Mark is avoiding "certain people" by skipping story time. Ramses? Elena doesn't have a bed again tonight. I'm not sure how things resolved last night. I think Jillian and Josh stayed in Have Nots. After a little awkward time between Dom and Elena Elena goes to story time and Dom continues to inquire about Banner-Gate. Mark is trying to get her to relax and Dom says she might be overreacting. Mark feels bad that Dom's being linked with "an emotional basketcase." Seriously guys, you're constantly in long whispered conversations at the chess table. Everyone had you linked. Dom says Ramses came to him days ago and said he thought there was something between her and Mark (true). Mark thinks he's trying to cause a split between him and Elena. They still think Ramses has 25K and apparently its because he sucked in the HOH so they think he was throwing it. Dom tells Mark that her "infiltrator" talk is her baiting Elena to see if she feels guilty and exposes anything. Mark tells her to wait and Dom says she won't hurt his girl "yet".

Cody tells Jessica that he's got a girl on the outside who's gonna be hurt seeing this. He says it wasn't serious but it was serious enough for her to be excited about him being on the show. Jess says she was also "spending time" with someone but they made a break before she came on.

They flip away from Jody Cam when Jess starts talking about the guy who didn't sign waivers, and to Raven alone in the bathroom. I knew she wasn't socializing without Matt. You can hear Story Time going on in the Parlor (Paul) but I guess we don't get that camera because Kevin's always got stories about other people.

Mark tells Paul that he thinks Jason's flipped. I agree, Mark.

Cody tells Jess that Alex needs to talk to her but doesn't feel comfortable going to HOH. Jess is disinterested in talking to Alex and looks physically ill. She says it sounds "hinky" and wants to ignore it. Cody's kind of over it all and wants everyone to chill but tells her to go down. Jess, "Lord hear my prayer."

I think you should turn on feeds if you're around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess goes down to talk to Alex but she's in Story Time so Jess stands awkwardly at the door looking annoyed until Alex gets up.

Raven asks Dom how she is and Dom says calming down. Raven says she's pretty sure the banner just said "Happy Birthday."

Alex asks Jess who told her about Toilet-Gate. Jess doesn't know what she's talking about and is now annoyed and wants to know what it is. Alex won't tell her and our awkward hatemance alliance ends their 90 second pow wow.

Jess laughs with Cody that she "psyched out" Elena by winking at her or something. I didn't notice. Jess has some odd retelling of the Alex thing that I can't follow. More bashing of random "friends." Jess and Cody cocky that they're the swing votes and hold all the leverage over Alex. Apparently they don't realize they're hosed if they lose both sides of the house.

Cody calls up Jason to check in on him. Kevin says he's exhausted of this. Jess asks what's up with the toilet thing and stupid rear end Kevin tells Jessica! Jess says she didn't know that. Jason says Jillian told him Christmas told her. Cody says Christmas is trying to make him look bad (note, Christmas isn't involved in this). Cody rants some more about the cowards. Jason says he's tired of people telling him they're going to take him to jury. Jason doesn't understand why they want to save Christmas and Cody says "Just because she's a number, that's it." He says she's hobbled and "over emotional" and you can't tell him she has a good social game because he never talks to her. Hmmm. Jess asks if Paul is campaigning for Christmas, Jason says he's more campaigning to dump Jillian. Jason rambles about them saying to get with the numbers, Jess HILARIOUSLY says there's no logic in threatening people, and Jason says they're not really threatening him. Jason thinks they're trying to split him and Alex up (I think that's totally in his head).

Jess breaks up a lot of nonsense to say that they should make a deal with Josh but we cut away to Alex and Jillian whispering about something that isn't important by default.

Elena's stressing to Christmas about Jason being upstairs and thinks Jessica's gonna go on a rampage.

Dom says that Kevin told her that the Banner thing is a lie and she was even out there at the time.

Jason, Jess, and Cody still counting votes. Cody is still insistent he has Mark. 80% now. But if not no big deal. Jess is worried about Kevin but Jason thinks he's with them. Cody says they should have been hedging their bets with the votes a week ago but he was the only one with the foresight to do that. Cody offers HOH for Jason to hide in tomorrow.

Elena's stressing to Paul now about Jason/Jess. Paul says he'll talk to Jason. He says Jason hates Jess.
Paul: He said he wanted to put her head through a sink.
Elena: That makes sense.

Christmas telling her crew about her talk with Jason. Paul warns her not to talk about "taking" people to jury (a bad habit Christmas has from the Cody alliance). Josh comes in and awkwardly stops the game talk.

Jason comes down and Mark and Elena asks what happened and if he shared the stuff they talked about. Jason says he didn't say anything and it was just Cody giving a pep talk. Mark tells him to relax and he's not a target. He says they don't need his vote but he wants to keep him safe with the numbers. He tells Jason to do what he has to do. Mark comes off very condescending to me but Jason seems to really like him.

Matt recounts his conversation with Jess and points out that he caught her in a lie because she claimed she was voting to keep Christmas until Christmas "threatened" her but Matt knows the first thing out of her mouth after POV was "we have to vote Christmas out." Dom's fired up about how dirty a game Cody and Jess are playing. Dom says she Cody was mocking people and talking about how attractive he was and Dom said she met a different Cody. Matt doesn't really understand and gives me yet another reason for him to be one of my new favorites.
Christmas: She means he isn't modest.
Matt: No poo poo.

Jess and Cody talk about the best way to send Christmas out. Jess really wants to laugh.

Christmas' crew talking about how Jessica's going to handle it if Christmas stays. Dom and Christmas agree she's unstable.

Jess asks Josh if anyone asked him for a vote and he says no and no one talks to him. She invites him upstairs. Josh enters HOH for maybe the first time and says they're living like kings. Josh lies and says he has no idea what happened with them and no one talks to him about anything. Cody says Christmas is going home and anyone who doesn't vote that way is getting picked off. Josh says he thought he was just going to get taken out and Cody says that's what they wanted but he and Cody wanted to bridge the gap. Josh asks who the targets are? Matt? Raven? Marlena? Jess says they actually get along great but they just want the most valuable people with them. Josh asks if he has safety if he votes out Christmas and Cody says "week-to-week, 1000%" and that they're on the outs so he wants to keep everyone on the outs safe. Jess says that they think they have the power and they don't, and they have to feel it like Josh has all week. Jess is surprised Jillian and Christmas haven't talked to him (because he's lying). Cody says Josh should try and hang with the outsiders more. Cody says him and Jess are just in their own world so its not personal that they don't talk to him. Josh says it was a sign that he went to get water and ran into Jess.

Alex tells her crew that they accidently started the Toilet Gate rumor.

Cody and Jess are cracking up about their ridiculous "we don't talk to you because we're caught up in ourselves" nonsense. They're very proud of themselves.

Josh goes to the outsiders and says "no matter what we need to stay together." He says they'd be hosed if Alex leaves. He's trying to get them to talk game with him but they're not giving him anything.

I won't pretend to know what Josh is doing. All I know is he was completely lying to Cody and Jess and his plan all along was to lie about his vote to the outsiders. So maybe he's just sticking to the plan? I didn't even know Josh had a plan until today.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh pulls Paul into the storage room and tells him everything that happened in HOH. He says he's loyal to Paul and Christmas and gently caress them. Paul says he's his secret weapon.

Josh: They're like "you're the swing vote." Motherfuckers! You haven't talked to me all week and now you want to work with me? gently caress YOU!
Paul: Now you're playing the loving game!

Remember last season when one person flipped off the HOH room and that poo poo went viral? Its week 1 and I've got 3 gifs. I'm betting we'd have an Alex one if the feeds were up when she went on the block.

edit: Paul can't help himself and tells Raven and Dom about the magic Josh has just pulled off snowing Cody and Jess.

They discuss Mark's sappiness that it took him awhile to accept that Cody and Jess were trying to gently caress with him with Banner Gate. Raven tells Paul that Jessica came down and had this exchange with Christmas.

Jessica: How you hopping along?
Christmas: Oh honey, I'm not hopping. I'm kicking.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 5, 2017

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I love that Cody's strategy is "tell everyone we have the votes and maybe it'll come true"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

I love that Cody's strategy is "tell everyone we have the votes and maybe it'll come true"

It's partially him being a delusional narcissist and partially the fact that he did at one point and hasn't left his room since then to fully understand that now he doesn't.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Unless Jessica gets the HOH it's going to be interesting when he is forced to mingle with everyone else downstairs.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Meanwhile I'm over here still laughing about Kevin calling a PB&J a "choke and slide".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't recap Kevin nearly enough. The game is just so active that I'm so rarely just listening to Kevin explain why helicopters freak him out because his cousin dying of hepititis in jail.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They got 4 cameras, just put one on Kevin at all times. Today is the MRI for X-mas right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Kevin's also going to the dentist for a chipped tooth. So weird day before the eviction withe one of the nominees and one of the swing votes both MIA.

And let's pray Christmas' MRI isn't bad.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Christmas will end up being OK, and Kevin will die in the dentist chair.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I don't really think Kevin is a swing vote in that I think he is pretty firmly in the Jill camp. Team Xmas just has to make sure Josh stays with them I think.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh. I think Kevin's a safe vote on Jillian's side right now but if he thinks the majority has shifted I'm not sure he wants to be on the wrong side of things. Kevin isn't very game engaged so he isn't as paranoid and conscious of how close this vote is as Jason is, but I think, Jason, and maybe Ramses could all flip and make it 9-3 or 10-2 if they learn Mark and Josh are going the other way.

But Josh seems to be looking to blindsided them, so it might stay at 7-5. And it could always flip back to 6-6 because who knows?

And Kevin might just not be game savy enough to get the concept of this. Paul was trying to explain/strongarm him this morning the bad of being on the wrong side of the votes and he didn't seem to really get it and was just annoyed. Which, don't get me wrong, Paul is annoying. But he's also right and Kevin might be making a bad move here.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I just want Josh to blindside them because watching Cody and Jess talk about how stupid the other side is and how they don't see the big picture is hilarious. I really hope Xmas is alright and that Josh makes the vote 7-5.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's something so amazing about the concept of Week 1 ending with the house pariah blindsiding the King and Queen.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
I have no idea what the hell's going on this season or what side anybody's on. I'm not accustomed to it being this polarized this quickly, with the lines in the middle shifting seemingly overnight. It's crazy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bloops Crusts posted:

I have no idea what the hell's going on this season or what side anybody's on. I'm not accustomed to it being this polarized this quickly, with the lines in the middle shifting seemingly overnight. It's crazy.

Week 1 Bro Alliance is pretty predictable at this point as long as one wins the first HoH, which is common since they also aren't smart and very competitive. Having 3 showmances this quick is odd, but man I don't know how serious to take them. Jess/Cody is the only one that I see showing much emotion. Hell, it feels to me like Mark would rather be with Christmas, Cody would rather be with Alex, and Matt would rather be somewhere else.

One of the showmances winning HoH would lead to a pretty predictable week of the 6 of them shuffling back together loosely, but an "Outsider" winning could fracture them for good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its ostensibly divided between sides but its really more cliques and stuff.

Cody/Jess + Jason/Alex + Kevin + Jillian + Ramses
Mark/Elena + Matt/Raven + Dom + Christmas + Paul
Christmas + Paul + Josh
Mark/Dom
Elena/Ramses
Cody/Alex?
Kevin/Mark?

All those groups are kind of dividing up into sides because Cody and Jess have pushed it that way and its a split vote, but the house is less divided today than it was on Sunday. Kevin/James/Alex are moving towards aligning with Cody/Jess but they're counting on Jillian staying and planning to get rid of Jess. Meanwhile Dom is openly sewing doubt about Elena and wants to split her and Mark.

One way or another this vote's going to throw half the house into chaos. HOH will be huge and could either really open the game up if there's a unified target like Cody or further the house divide harshly if someone like Jess wins and declares war.

This looks pretty good to me.

edit: My take on the showmances?

Cody and Jessica started purely physical and Cody was lying to her a lot of seemed very willing to cut her. Then when he lost all her allies and she ostracized herself with him they've developed a deeply codependent bond. I don't know if its love or romance but they're basically all each other have and have taken total recluse from the game in each other.

Mark is a super needy dude who has clearly developed these deep emotional feelings for mature women who coddle him like Christmas and Dom. Elena humorously doesn't coddle him at all and is very cold and cynical but Mark really, really loves her boobs. There's almost certainly some Freudian "mother" issue here someone more learned than I could get into and Mark has in a couple of occasions linked his troubled relations with women to his unresolved grief over his mother's death when he was young. Elena seems fairly sincere with Mark but she's clearly pretty jaded on romance and isn't diving it and didn't seem TOO shaken up when they were fighting, but clearly does have feelings for the guy.

Matt and Raven actually seem like the most mature and stable showmance. They haven't kissed yet and they both seem ok with playing it slow and not embarrassing themselves on camera. I haven't seen any indication that they're tired or frustrated with each other and they're rarely apart. That is in fact the biggest flaw in their game.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 5, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raven and Matt discussing how fired up Mark is getting and how bad Jessica's behaving. Matt says she just seems in shock that she had so little influence flipping anyone. Mark joins and says he's avoiding Ramses (he blames him for Banner-Gate and thinks he's trying to split him and Elena) and they say the tension in the bedroom last night was palpable. Matt says that Mark gave Cody his 100% trust but he broke it so now "the Hulk is unleashed on the house." Matt is amusing me but I can't do anything but laugh at Mark whining about what an angry and emotional monster he is. They discuss possibly cutting a deal with Alex next week because they're fine with her (Alex is mostly just ostracized because of Jess). They say when they go at Cody it has to be backdoored and out. Matt lets its slip that based on his DR questions Cody's getting a rough edit (duh, he's some a massive villain).

Jason and Kevin are discussing the house divide. They agree to just stick with voting out Christmas and hope for the best and say they were sticking with their side. I think Kevin will probably stay that way but I doubt Jason isn't going to have 20 more conversations today. Kevin's clearly getting a little tired of all the kids behaving like kids. They go to goof around with Alex and talking about music and their schooling. Kevin explains religious education to Jason as "you pray and pray and pray". Alex says you get to go home early the first Friday each month which is her favorite day.

Kevin leaves for awhile and Alex and Jason say he's stable and think they have the votes. They plan out their long term goals of working with Cody but cutting Jessica. They think Cody is just as wary of Jess as they are. Kevin comes back and they officially line up and I think choose "Geek Squad". That's gonna get rejected by DR. And get thrown a curve if Jillian goes since they seem very confident she's staying.

Elena telling Matt and Mark how she basically threatened Jason for his vote. Mark says he's torn on whether he should do the same to Josh. These guys are really bad players. Elena says Christmas is 100% sure she has Josh but Mark thinks he's a good player and doesn't want to risk Cody influencing Josh because he's "very easily persuaded." Josh has Mark totally snowed but really Mark just a low key narcissist which is why he was going with Cody for so long. Matt's gotta better game sense and is trying to pull back the whole "throwing their power around the house" sentiment. Dom joined at some point.

The storage room fridge is filled with spoiled fish. Apparently a lot of people knew this but only Kevin and Paul bother to toss it. There's like hundreds of dollars of food being tossed out. Apparently no one eats in this house.

Paul tells a story about how some porn star trying to get with him in high school but he thought it would be cooler to say he turned down a porn star. Just your reminder of how full of poo poo Paul is and why having him on feeds sucks more than its fun (and don't get me wrong, last night's gifs of him had me rolling). Now he's telling them all about the great empire he's built with his BB character.

Kevin is criticizing the game of some people to Jason. He says a lot of the girls are just "playing grab rear end" and the American public must be thinking bad things. Kevin says it makes for some easy targets. Kevin's somehow both right and wrong about this because a lot of them ARE playing bad games but almost everyone is playing a bad game including Kevin. Kevin and Jason talk about someone who never socializes (Dom?) and Kevin jokes that he thought they were part of production.

Christmas is back!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Glad she is back and would much rather Jillian go home, but hard to see how she can stay in the game if they put a cast on it. It's one thing to sink herself in comps, but could also sink a team she is on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its a problem if there are team comps but they're not guaranteed in BB and otherwise its just her handicapping herself.

Christmas says that her foot is broken but it was her choice to come back or not. They made it very clear that no comps are being changed to accommodate her and she'll have to sit some out. Two broken bones. Hard cast. 6 to 8 weeks?

Christmas: I'm like a loving cock-a-roach. You guys can't get rid of me.

Paul:How many foots are broken?
Christmas: One foot.

Mark?: What's your pain level? You don't seem as hammered as you were yesterday.

Matt: So there's a crack in your foot basically?
Christmas: There's a crack in your rear end? I don't know what you're asking me.
Matt: There's like a crack, its not like your foot is broken in half.
Christmas: That sounds like a broken foot.

Christmas trying very hard to make it clear that she's the same as yesterday and it probably would have been the same affect on her if she had tore a ligament as she had "hoped." A couple argue that a torn ligament might be worse. Raven is confident she'll heal in 2 weeks. Christmas thinks she's cute.

In case you were wondering Cody and Jess didn't bother to come out of HOH to greet her. We get a shot of them upstairs saying how unbelievable it is that everyone is hugging her and poo poo and everyone is so disloyal. They think this is bullshit.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Very happy Christmas is back. It'd be swell if she won the next HOH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul and Mark discussing Cody and Jess being scumbags and not just being human about Christmas.

Cody and Jess are calling everyone idiots who suck at the game because they're the swing votes and they just don't care. They sincerely and truly believe that showing compassion to Christmas is a betrayal to them. Jess wants to know if the cast is off but doesn't want to go downstairs. Jess says it reminds her of BB8. I'm not sure what she means. Is Christmas Evel Dick? I'm lost. Sadly feeds cut away to show Jillian washing her hands. I guess BB8 didn't sign waivers?

Oh, I know. Cody and Jess were complaining about the game being rigged against them. That makes sense.

Paul tells Christmas he doesn't want her to hurt herself for the game and Christmas says they won't let her and there's lots of nonphysical comps. Everyone's really pissed off at Cody and Jess' behavior. As normal humans would be. Even Kevin's getting in on how they're showing their true colors.

Elena hilariously points out to Mark that he didn't come down the other day and he gets really defensive and says he apologized. They discuss some game. Mark is scared of Ramses and think he's coming after him, Elena feels the same about Jess.

Dom giving Christmas poo poo about how funny and talkative she was high. Christmas says she "wasn't that drat high" and she's usually pretty talkative but there's a lot of big voices in this house. Christmas saying she's gonna hope for some help with the Temptation since her game is so changed now. Says she's going to try and play that card with Jason to pull his vote.

Paul, Matt, and Elena discussing that Christmas is likely to win a Temptation now (in a positive way). Paul says Cody and Jess are getting a terrible edit the way they're behaving. "Oh... you're a dick." Matt laughing that even without the Power of Pendant Paul would still be safe. I THINK he's right. Presumably he'd have Josh still and Mark seems to like Paul more than he likes Christmas. Paul's using this opportunity to keep stoking the flames against Cody and Jess. Paul says Cody's also making a lot of offensive political comments, the way he's laughed at Megan going, and the "tranny" thing. Paul says its a bad look and he'd stay as far from that as possible. Paul says its not just about the game, its the person you present yourself to be. Paul says he's been there and taken the heat for comments. Dom says "its called wisdom, and some people don't have it and won't listen to people who have been there."

Things were already pretty bad for Cody and Jess but they're not getting better. Oh look, they're steeling themselves to come down for the dinner Raven cooked. This should be fun.

• Locked thread