Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Also

Holy gently caress Land of the Dead with Corpse Explosion spam is probably the most satisfying ability sync in the game. It's god drat hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I want everything, is there any reason to buy the Eternal Collection on PSN for $40 over buying the Ultimate Evil Edition for $12 and the Necro for $15?

E: Wait, it looks like the $12 is only for the PS3 version. Boo. I'll leave it up in case someone else comes in with the same question.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 1, 2017

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

xxEightxx posted:

I thought it was reported that seasonal hacks/duping made into last console season?

You can't trade in seasons so nothing can spread.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Add me on ps4 for free presents! PSNid: Sombererolad

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does the old, non-seasonal dupe trick still work? I just wanna send these set items to my wife so she can use them too.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yes. You can still drop items and log out to preserve them in your inventory

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Ended up buying this on the Xbone and remembering how bad the tendonitis in my hand got playing D2 on the PC. Yay controller, otherwise I'd have a claw for a hand right now.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
Was lucky enough to score an ancient Jesseth with 10% dmg and 7% attack speed so that pretty muuuch made deciding what new set to use an easy choice. After finding the ring to round out the set I managed a 65 Grift with plenty of time to spare. To put it into perspective, my best is a 69 Grift on my Yang's DH that took me like years to grind out.

Rathma's definitely gets my seal of approval. Goddamn it's satisfying pairing Army of the Dead skeleton tornado whatever with Rolly Polly Golem. I sort of tooled around with Trang's but ended up giving the set and an ancient Shadowhook to my buddy who had lost most of his data. It seemed fun though!

Also I'm pretty sure I sent out about 30 gifts in the last coupla days. Is there like an event going on or did they just increase the drop rates for those? Either way, enjoy!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I wish revived buddies would be a little more aggressive. I'm playing a usually far away build and they almost always would rather hang out with me instead of jumping in to fight.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
I just finished my full inarius build... goddamn I love how that feels. I've been wrecking everything nonstop and nothing can stop me.

I love how they made the Necromancer more of a melee oriented front line fighter, I just with the Pestilence set was more viable instead of just driving off a cliff Thelma and Louise style one you try to go past T10.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
The Necro definitely feels like a lead-from-the-front boss now instead of a wimp who can raise skeletons. Also, I don't know about everyone else but I've been playing on season so much that I forgot you even get gifts for people.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
uggggh, stop giving me the same effing set pieces, game. My progress has completely stopped because I can't improve my damage output until I get more than another effing Rathma's head piece.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

poptart_fairy posted:

uggggh, stop giving me the same effing set pieces, game. My progress has completely stopped because I can't improve my damage output until I get more than another effing Rathma's head piece.

You can transmute set pieces into different random slot for the same set via the cube in case you've forgotten about that like I did.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Put together an Inarius Corpse Explosion build and holy poo poo its satisfying. I'm kinda stuck at T12 though. I peek my head into T13 and get instantly destroyed. The grind begins. :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You can transmute set pieces into different random slot for the same set via the cube in case you've forgotten about that like I did.

Guess what they transmute into. :haw:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

poptart_fairy posted:

Guess what they transmute into. :haw:

just keep rolling

i tend to just cheat these sort of things in non-season mode.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Haha holy gently caress the necromancer is broken. Gonna get nerfed hard soon I bet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

He's just average, maybe even a little bit underpowered according to the dev team, and is going to be BUFFED before Season 11.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I dunno man. I just waltzed through a GR65 last night only using a generator attack, periodically refreshing Bone Armor and still had half my time left.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yes, any class can left click their way through a GR65 in a game where the strongest builds can blast through GR100+ solo. A lot of things about Necro begin to break down at higher GR levels, which the D3 team (interns) have identified and will be improving for the next season.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I picked up the ultimate edition this weekend for some couch coop and I have been having a blast. I'm doing a barbarian/wizard playthough but I'm curious about the other classes. I still can't fully understand Seasons; should I wait to start a new character when the new season starts?

Edit:

Thank you!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 5, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Seasons are like starting over again. All characters begin at level 1 and none of the paragon + gear you have accumulated from the off-season carries over. They last 3-4 months and at the very end, all the characters + items + paragon you've acquired from the seasonal ladder gets kicked back to non-season. It's a great way to try out new characters and builds that you haven't played yet, especially because every class gets one free set from completing certain objectives. Everybody is back on an equal playing field so there's not some random dude with 8000+ paragon blasting through your rifts before you even get to hit anything. I would say keep playing the characters you're playing right now and consider rolling a brand new class at the start of the season.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, any class can left click their way through a GR65 in a game where the strongest builds can blast through GR100+ solo. A lot of things about Necro begin to break down at higher GR levels, which the D3 team (interns) have identified and will be improving for the next season.

Gonna have to disagree with you that everything can primary their way through a high 60 lol

Also, Travis Day already said it's getting a nerf on the next patch so

(likely a reduction in Bone Armor's tick rate)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

Wish you'd say that to my DH. Oldest character I have and can't do better than GR51 solo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think basically all you have to do to clear 50s on a dh is put on the ue set and faceroll through

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

i think basically all you have to do to clear 50s on a dh is put on the ue set and faceroll through

Therein lies my problem. I'm not comfortable with the UE set; I've always used the M6/Rockets build. Just can't seem to find replacement pieces with better rolls on them. Gonna have to get over it at some point and learn to be comfortable with UE, but /effort.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Yes. You can still drop items and log out to preserve them in your inventory
Just downloaded a patch which includes: "Fixed issue that allowed players to dupe items."

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Roman posted:

Just downloaded a patch which includes: "Fixed issue that allowed players to dupe items."

Anything else of note on it?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Anything else of note on it?
Fixed incorrect value displayed for a Challenge, issue where former Seasonal heroes unable to play remote multiplayer sessions. This is PS4 1.22 Update History. Nothing else listed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Roman posted:

unless they have started saving every single time you drop an item i dont think it will change that method

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I just booted up now on PS4 and got a whole bunch of Banner items, so if you were missing those you'll get them.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

He's just average, maybe even a little bit underpowered according to the dev team, and is going to be BUFFED before Season 11.

Really? I'm walking through GR80, when normally I have to at least pay attention. So long as I hit bone armour whenever it's refreshed and spam decrepify everything is dying. Then land of the dead and corpse lanse for the guardian and he doesn't even get a single animation off before he dies.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Inarius/Bonestorm set is so ridiculously simple and powerful compared to everything else in the Necromancer's kit.

On that note, I decided to take a hint and start using these Rathma sets the game was throwing at me. Shot up to GR40 in about three seconds and continuously pushing up; everyone's just drowning under an increasingly large wave of spooky skeletons. Once I get the second part of Jesseth's set, and those 50% attack speed for pets gloves, I'll be rocking even harder. Just a shame higher rifts seem to more about using single, extremely powerful ghost wizards rather than dozens of the bastards.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

unless they have started saving every single time you drop an item i dont think it will change that method

Well poo poo I hope my stockpiled act items are enough for whatever poo poo I wanna do.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So as luck would have it, I ran into a couple of groups(!) of treasure goblins, and they dropped so much loot I ended up hitting on drat near identical equipment rolls to this icy veins Rathma's build, even if the build itself is a little different (I use Revive instead of Blood Rush, for instance, and haven't touched Singularity). I went from slowly grinding down Torment 6 to maxing out Torment 13 and cackling as hits of 100 million roll off from my minions' attacks in quick succession. :laffo:

This is the first time I've played at this difficulty so easily and it's hilarious. I wasn't even aware half of the loot I'm getting existed, let alone dropped so frequently. I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun seeing the minions obliterate everything before I see it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

So as luck would have it, I ran into a couple of groups(!) of treasure goblins, and they dropped so much loot I ended up hitting on drat near identical equipment rolls to this icy veins Rathma's build, even if the build itself is a little different (I use Revive instead of Blood Rush, for instance, and haven't touched Singularity). I went from slowly grinding down Torment 6 to maxing out Torment 13 and cackling as hits of 100 million roll off from my minions' attacks in quick succession. :laffo:

This is the first time I've played at this difficulty so easily and it's hilarious. I wasn't even aware half of the loot I'm getting existed, let alone dropped so frequently. I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun seeing the minions obliterate everything before I see it.

Yeah T13+ is a whole different game. Plus the Necro pets are a lot more fun and less frustrating than the WD. The only pet build for the WD I could get off the ground that wasn't complete poo poo and could clear a GR70 was the Fetish / Dagger of Darts build (which is actually pretty fun you should try it)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
WD is next once I get bored. :v:

The only real improvement I can make to my gear now is a better Jessy Scythe (the one I have is really pants with about 2k damage and no natural slot, but beggars can't be choosers...) and the ring that summons two mages on each cast with an extra four seconds on their timer. Augmenting Ancient gear looks like it's a massive poop sock for a gain I wouldn't really notice?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not having a natural socket on a weapon is better isnt it? you get an extra mod instead and can throw a socket in anyway

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Mistyped. It had no natural slot and some really crappy rolls, so using the slot item would be a big waste. Not sure if I should spend resources to reforge the scythe or just cross my fingers and hope a better one drops.

Not that it'd probably make much difference at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, the best rolls on weapons have no native slot since Gifting them gives you an extra perk node instead of losing an existing one