Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UHD
Nov 11, 2006

god i hope cruz loses that would be really loving funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Has anyone ever said cool and good sincerely

every loving time i have described something as good & cool, %90 of the time i have been sincere

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
hell, same

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:agreed:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/882712893162049537

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I want to vote for Zuck since it will lead to the Bob Page runs the world ending.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
electronic old men does have a certain appeal

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

I want to vote for Zuck since it will lead to the Bob Page runs the world ending.

Zuck is actually Augustus reborn

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:sissies:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lincoln Center Theater, where Hillary Clinton attended Oslo last night, is experiencing some political controversy at present.

They apparently agreed to do a play directly backed by the Israeli government in the fall and a bunch of prominent playwrights have signed a letter urging them to cancel.

https://twitter.com/AnnieNBaker/status/882712000073265152

Annie Baker's basically the biggest name among contemporary playwrights right now. (She owns).

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Suck Zone: Chief Digital Officer Gob wants to hear from you

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Homeless Friend posted:

Suck Zone: Chief Digital Officer Gob wants to hear from you

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
none of the above is storming ahead with a total of 4 out of 4 votes

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Absolute Boys Are Back In Town

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rastor posted:

Zuck is already bringing Mike Rowe on board

https://twitter.com/engadget/status/882692138563227650

Mike Rowe is such a loving fraud and absolutely supports state violence in service of private profit: http://mikerowe.com/2017/04/otw-unitedairlinesceo/

quote:

Is Oscar serious? God, I hope not. I hope he’s just doing the typical “over-apology” thing CEO’s do when their “crisis experts” tell them they’ve got to say whatever it takes to win back the public trust. I hope he’s just reacting to some lawyer who told him before the interview, “for the love of God, Oscar, don’t blame the victim!” Well, Oscar certainly didn’t blame the victim. But in the process of finding him blameless, he suggested that millions of passengers are under no obligation to follow a direct command from United employees. And that’s a hell of a lot more disturbing than a beat-down in the main cabin.

Here’s the thing. It’s easy to forget that we have no right to fly. Buying a ticket doesn’t change that. So, when we board the plane, we have no right to remain there. We can be legally removed if we’re too drunk, too loud, too creepy, too suspicious, or too big for the seat. We can be removed if we stink. We can be removed if we’re insubordinate. We can be removed for whatever reason the airline deems necessary.

Obviously, airlines don’t like to remind us of such things, because it makes them sound mean. So they bury the truth in the fine print of a 37,000-word contract, and tell us how much they love us in sappy commercials and mandatory safety briefings that try oh-so-hard to make us smile. But the facts are clear: if you want to travel by air, you must agree to do what you’re told. If you don’t, you subject yourself to fine, arrest, constraint, forcible removal, and/or a permanent ban from the friendly skies. It’s all there in the fine print.

Personally, I support this policy. I support it because I don’t want to fly across the country in a steel tube filled with people who get to decide which rules they will follow and which they will ignore. I’ve been on too many flights with too many angry people to worry about the specific circumstances of their outrage, or the details of why they took it upon themselves to ignore a direct command. A plane is not a democracy, and the main cabin is no place to organize a sit-in. The main cabin is a place to follow orders.

Moving forward, what matters most to me is a heightened respect for the rules, and a heightened respect for the people who enforce them
. Obviously, the policies that led to this particular fiasco need to change. But the greatest enemy we face in the friendly skies is not bad service – it’s anarchy. And I have no interest in flying with anyone who doesn’t follow orders. Do you? Does anyone?

PS. Oscar – I’ve prepared a new greeting for your pilots to read prior to take-off. I think it captures the kind of transparency many of your customers currently crave. Maybe one day, as I pull my seatbelt low and tight across my hips, I’ll get to hear it…

“Morning folks, and welcome aboard. This is your Captain speaking. I realize you paid a lot of money to rent the seat you’re currently occupying, but let’s be clear right from the get go – you have no right to be here. We’re glad that you are, but I don’t care how much you paid to fly with us today, or what you think you might be entitled to as a result. I’m in charge of this plane, and everyone on it. That includes you. So – if a flight attendant asks you to do something, don’t argue – just do it. We’ll try to make your flight as comfortable as possible, but make no mistake – your comfort is not our priority, and neither is your opinion about the decisions we make during the journey. As for safety, you’ll be pleased to know I have much to live for, and so does my co-pilot. So rest assured – we’ll be doing all we can up here to get ourselves back on the ground in one piece. That’s good news for the rest of you, assuming we can keep the main cabin attached to the cockpit. Finally, we value your business here at United, sincerely. And we appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us. But let’s not gild the lily. For the next few hours, we’re all in this together, so keep your hands to yourself, don’t get drunk, and listen to the flight attendants. In other words, try not to be an rear end in a top hat. I’ll see you on the ground…”

zuck/rowe 2020 because technocratic bootlicking fascism is the only way forward

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Mike Rowe is such a loving fraud and absolutely supports state violence in service of private profit: http://mikerowe.com/2017/04/otw-unitedairlinesceo/

he's also a bootlicker for stuff like big agri-businesses and accuses workers who want more benefits & safe workplace as being whiners.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

Still a better slogan than the ones suggested for those stickers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ThndrShk2k posted:

Kennedys are practically dead today :shrug:

Practically Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Some Bad Place

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
surprising twist: nancy pelosi takes the lead?!?! (after none of the above)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
warren is in last place, btw

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

The best thing about the CA dem supermajority is it exposes the fraud of bad dems and their it's the GOP's fault for when you don't get necessary things like single payer.

It's amazing how much the network of lobbyists and big campaign contributions were able to turn the US into a oligarchy in a fairly short period of time.

oligarchy is the natural state of the US and is encouraged by the structure of the constitution and chronic underfunding of public services. the brief period of sustained progress from the new deal to the 60s-70s was a break from the norm

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

about 4% in

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
How did you word the question?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

what's all this, now?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GalacticAcid posted:

How did you word the question?

terribly

"Who does the phrase "She Persisted" refer to?"

the only stuff i know about analytics is output, not input

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wait you can throw fifty bucks at google and they'll poll poo poo for you?

time to find out just how popular full communism now really is

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

anime was right posted:

terribly

loving :laffo:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

he created and did a show just to shill for detergent

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait you can throw fifty bucks at google and they'll poll poo poo for you?

time to find out just how popular full communism now really is

50 bucks gets you about 500 responses, yeah.

this is honestly pretty cool and learning this stuff is good for my job anyhow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anime was right posted:

terribly

oh my god u ended your sentence with a preposition u monster

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
like I probably should have done blank box and asked "What Democratic politician first comes to mind of when you hear the phrase "She Persisted"?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
considering the sample size i dont think anyone has selected warren yet and that % is just the weird-rear end weighting mechanism

im gonna laugh my rear end off if pelosi wins tho

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you do something for nearly a decade and your plan is, "yeah, I want to sell laundry soap"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

oh my god u ended your sentence with a preposition u monster
I can't disagree.

I tend to do it myself but I try to be conscious about it.it's something I consciously try to keep in consideration.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Weeping Wound posted:

you do something for nearly a decade and your plan is, "yeah, I want to sell laundry soap"

livin the dream

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's a sign how far in the toilet that show's gotten that even during what's generally considered their absolute nadir something like that gets on air

Don't you mean zenith?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How many choices are there

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Terror Sweat posted:

How many choices are there

thats all of them

anime was right