Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Any poster in these threads or retired player could be added to GSW's depth chart and they'd still win the title at this point. They should sign one of the following Allen Iverson, TMac, old rear end Shaq, Yao Ming in a wheel chair, Steve Nash on a hover board, Kobe with plastic surgery that alters his face to look like an actual Black Mamba(tongue included), Charles
Barkley, or the bones of Wilt Chamberlain.

Charles Barkley on the bench trying to stop KD, Klay and Curry from launching threes would be entertaining.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That Player's Tribune piece was garbage.

"Salt Lake City is an amazing place full of wonderful people and the Jazz helped mold me into the man I am today. Well, bye"

Yea, if I was a Jazz fan I'd be torching my imaginary jersey at this point.

Some selections:
"When I got to Salt Lake City...I was just a kid. I remember the drive. I drove all the way there, with my dad, from Indiana to Salt Lake City, just to save money...I was only 20. This was my first job away from home. And I was so nervous...I remember...finding a Subway near me...and just walking there, every day, so I could use my Subway card like I always had. And that was really it for me...Subway, and video games.

And then I just think about how far I’ve come during my time here. I’ve truly grown up in Salt Lake. I’ve become a man.

I think about our assistant coach, Mark McKown...he called us G-Dilly and J-Dally. Because we were rookies, and “all we did was dillydally.” I doubt I’ll ever remember that and not smile. I think about Doug Birrell, who’s our massage therapist...just hours and hours of conversation...heart-to-hearts. Stuff that would never be repeated. There’s always been real friendship here. There’s a circle of trust.

I think about Isaiah Wright...just a pudgy little ball boy. And then I just think of the people of Utah, in general. They say that Salt Lake is a great place to raise a family...I feel like I’m indebted to Salt Lake, twice over. And I feel like this city took me in, as part of its own family.

And now I’ve decided to sign with the Boston Celtics. There were so many great things pulling me in that direction. There was...the Sox, the Pats, and the Bruins."

Dumb and long love letter that doesn't make sense. Need to commission that one guy who made that LBJ vs. Jordan video to make a video response about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

drat and, I can't believe I'm saying this, I was really hoping the Pelicans could sign Young with their MLE. Could offer more than GSW and really need shooting and guard depth.

Oh well, the richest get richer.

The Pelicans could have shooting if they kept Omri Casspi on the roster with bird rights instead of cutting him for random 10 day contracts and Jordan Crawford.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes I would like one Avery Bradley please

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/882672153996427264

This is the man who got Gordon, Nene and Anderson through a regular season. Keep up the good work guy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Give me smart 👏👏👏

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That Player's Tribune piece was garbage.

"Salt Lake City is an amazing place full of wonderful people and the Jazz helped mold me into the man I am today. Well, bye"

I'm still surprised at how much energy is going into a fringe All-Star leaving one team that can't win a championship for another team that can't win a championship

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i would like the celtics to be unable to clear the salary so that we can get a Thank You Again, Utah article

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It would be funny if he had trouble unloading those guys because he was demanding a ton in return.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Boston's first preference should be moving Smart, right? He's a more dynamic player than Bradley, and part of me thinks Bradley is more useful in the regular season than in the playoffs, but Marcus Smart will never stop taking three pointers that he shouldn't. Bradley is super good at knowing his role, even if his defense is maybe (?) overrated.

Plus it feels more likely that someone overpays Smart as an RFA with potential next year instead of regular ol' solid Avery Bradley

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Tae posted:

You had a point about Otto Porter because his sample size is small relative to years, but Nick Young is a career above-average 3-point shooter. It's not like he's suddenly learned to shoot, he's shot 38-40% in previous seasons.

https://twitter.com/bzcohen/status/882661045378134020

this is now required copy pasta on all Swaggy discussion

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Metapod posted:

Give me smart 👏👏👏

Gimme a Jae. What's that spell? 6th seed!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Thunder would be an interesting home for Smart.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Tae posted:

The Pelicans could have shooting if they kept Omri Casspi on the roster with bird rights instead of cutting him for random 10 day contracts and Jordan Crawford.

Hey look someone talking poo poo without knowing anything about the situation besides headlines and not knowing what the words "guard depth" mean. It's like I'm on reddit.

Niwrad posted:

I'm still surprised at how much energy is going into a fringe All-Star leaving one team that can't win a championship for another team that can't win a championship

Utah basically got punished for doing the thing everyone says small market teams have to do to be competitive. In a world where Kevin Durant is taking paycuts to poo poo on all our collective hopes it's just another layer of woeful injustice on an already hosed league.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 6, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lakers should pick up Smart to continue the trend of Byron Scott style players being added to the Luke Walton team.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Niwrad posted:

The Thunder would be an interesting home for Smart.

they would be, and OKC has a trade exception that would fit Smart. OKC has the 2018 Bulls' 2nd rounder and that's it though. And they kinda need that because they have no 1st in 2018. I think the Celtics could probably get a pretty decent pick for Crowder and maybe a late first for Bradley's expiring. The market for Smart's expiring into RFA seems a little less certain.

https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/882744216664788992

hell i agree

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Man if Ainge's claims are true that teams have been having unreasonable trade demands before, imagine how bad it must be now that everyone has him over a barrel trying to clear room for Hayward's contract.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Utah basically got punished for doing the thing everyone says small market teams have to do to be competitive. In a world where Kevin Durant is taking paycuts to poo poo on all our collective hopes it's just another layer of woeful injustice on an already hosed league.

Until the league gets rid of individual max contracts it's going to be this way.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

G-Hawk posted:

is there some other Dion i'm unaware of that is worth 13m a year or?

He plays really well with Dragic and Whiteside. When he was injured last year the Heat offense faltered.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Noctone posted:

Man if Ainge's claims are true that teams have been having unreasonable trade demands before, imagine how bad it must be now that everyone has him over a barrel trying to clear room for Hayward's contract.

"Yeah we'll take Marcus Smart . . . . if you throw in the Lakers contract" is a GM convo I'd paid money to hear.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Meanwhile, in China...

https://twitter.com/AK_1Y/status/882406574278311936

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Give me smart 👏👏👏

Where were you when they were handing out smarts metapod?

edit- I like Bradley better

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Noctone posted:

I'm not sure how much credit you can give Ainge's stories any credit anymore considering what most of their trade targets ended up going for. Unless the GMs for several teams went out of their way to specifically gently caress over Boston to the point where they accepted much worse deals from other teams, which I guess is technically possible. Now that he sat on his hands all offseason he's definitely kind of screwed, that's for sure.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is rozier still untouchable

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

If all else fails wouldn't Utah just accept a straight sign and trade for Bradley, Smart or Crowder or some combination?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Niwrad posted:

Agreed lets save the our posts for teams that can challenge for a title like...the....bulls????????

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Agreed lets save the our posts for teams that can challenge for a title like...the....bulls????????

outraged bulls-posting is a time-honored SAS tradition

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

Where were you when they were handing out smarts metapod?

edit- I like Bradley better

I was smoking with Bobby in the ally behind the soda shop

Bradley doesn't fit perfectly into the trade exception presti got in the ersan trade

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

Summer Bulls tip off Saturday bitch

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

MourningView posted:

speaking of my finnish friend cant find laurie markkanenn or w/e the gently caress on the bulls summer roster what is up bulls posters?? save a finn

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

outraged bulls-posting is a time-honored SAS tradition

So is me being mad at Gordon Hayward imho

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

I remember you editing in Hayward slander into the only effort post I ever made on this site like five years ago

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Summer Bulls tip off Saturday bitch

BONEFOOT COMIN'

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

I'm glad you're back in your wheelhouse playboy

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
https://streamable.com/olc78

Zhou Qi for shooting over an actual defender. Based on how Joel Embiid's grainy cell phone game translated to the NBA Zhou Qi should be a basketball god

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Dion Waiters All Star tour begins.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

This is absolutely the best

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Zhou Qi for shooting over an actual defender. Based on how Joel Embiid's grainy cell phone game translated to the NBA Zhou Qi should be a basketball god

But how does he do against chairs?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chunkles posted:

Oh my god he's adorable

Also he's like half of an Embiid, better start carb loading son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MourningView posted:

This is why I love you, MV.

• Locked thread