Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

Patch notes say about 50/50, so it's on point. Still pissed about that. Way too high, imo, and the AH is down so I can't offload this garbage. Loving the xp, guaranteed bag, and rare chest spawns.

E: my rare item bag from today:

Yup, I want distillates more than these weapons I'm getting now. Even having everything unlocked from the start from having a TSW account no one needs that many weapons under this new system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm in as Illumantai lap dog Gentia, tooling around Kingsmouth if everyone needs me; if I stick with this game for a while I'll bother the thread for an invite.

malhavok posted:

How can i recover my pw for this thing if i don't remember my account name? drat thing doesn't have an email option.

Did you try your email address anyway? I think it still takes it, or I miss remembered how I reset mine.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Can you eventually upgrade a MK1 weapon to MK2? Or do you have to switch to a MK2 once you find one you like and then start upgrading that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

"Dungeons don't drop enough items"

"Okay how about we make it 50/50?"

*Makes it 50/50*

"Dungeons drop too many items!"

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

malhavok posted:

How can i recover my pw for this thing if i don't remember my account name? drat thing doesn't have an email option.

http://help.funcom.com

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't suppose there's a way to save active/passive ability "sets"? I want to have a general DPS one for questing, and a tanking/ buffing one for dungeons.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So where are my ARG weapons? Not that I need them I just really want them.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Tried to do some Elite 1 today. So far Elite dungeon finder takes about 45 minutes and frequently doesn't match you with a tank or healer. Boss mechanics have to be dodged or they 1-shot. Boss melee attacks hit for about 3k (80-90% of dps hp, half a tank's hp). So uh, start leveling that tank/heal gear if you want to do them. Probably need at least all/most tank/heal blues.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Tried to do some Elite 1 today. So far Elite dungeon finder takes about 45 minutes and frequently doesn't match you with a tank or healer. Boss mechanics have to be dodged or they 1-shot. Boss melee attacks hit for about 3k (80-90% of dps hp, half a tank's hp). So uh, start leveling that tank/heal gear if you want to do them. Probably need at least all/most tank/heal blues.

Yeah it was easy as hell to see this issue and you should have known better. Gone are the days of full DPS talisman setups. You need to slot some Tanking talismans in order to survive the high end poo poo.

I have successfully killed 4 lair mobs now using my fuckery so just a bit more and I can go stable without the joke things I am doing to them. Unfortunately lair missions rewards are all about 5 people having a summon token.

Lair mobs are dead at 78 item power. Now pay me Lawlicaust and Ill tell you how I did it.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
This is a rare dungeon chest.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Question for anyone who's run elite dungeons:

Is Haugbui Mother still broken?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Morglon posted:

So where are my ARG weapons? Not that I need them I just really want them.

They were supposed to deliver them yesterday, so naturally it never happened and there's no word about it. :v:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

They were supposed to deliver them yesterday, so naturally it never happened and there's no word about it. :v:

Oh? You guys didn't solve the second ARG? The one that gets you the key? I got my bird gun from it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I thought they were supposed to get mailed out today or tomorrow. I could've sworn they said they'd get mailed out with the big patch.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Oh? You guys didn't solve the second ARG? The one that gets you the key? I got my bird gun from it.

High five fellow bird gun chooser person.

^ I think it was a day or two after. Probably a different database query or something.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I don't need a gun when I have the power to kill a Yak from two hundred yards away with MIND BULLETS-

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Wait, there was a second ARG? Is it too late to do it now?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just reached blue mountain and my points are sort of all over the place. I was thinking about starting a new dude now that I have double point gains with my lifetime sub and focusing on the shotgun?since those early points come so fast.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sekenr posted:

Wait, there was a second ARG? Is it too late to do it now?

I've seen the Kiss of the Revenant one also referred to as The Black Watchmen because of the hoodie and trenchcoat that are on the rewards page, but that's it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This relaunch is better than I expected. Still have no real sense of how the weapons have been re-tuned and each weapon only having 15 abilities seems a bit small, but perhaps it'll grow on me. The lifetime subscription continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
So. Question for the people here who know their stuff: What weapons can serve for tanking? What kind of gear? What's the recommended health?

I'm an assassin this time around but I heard blade is no longer a good tanking weapon. Is it still viable?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

From messing around with it a bit, Blade has a couple good tanking/self-heal abilities but it doesn't seem quite as viable for tanking this time around. You will need a second tanking weapon. Chaos might be a better choice.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Meallan posted:

So. Question for the people here who know their stuff: What weapons can serve for tanking? What kind of gear? What's the recommended health?

I'm an assassin this time around but I heard blade is no longer a good tanking weapon. Is it still viable?

Shotgun, Hammer, and/or chaos. You need mostly health talismans. poo poo hits hard.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Is it worth using the 1 pip items from dungeons, or do they scale poorly compared to a plain 3 pip item?

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Lawlicaust posted:

Shotgun, Hammer, and/or chaos. You need mostly health talismans. poo poo hits hard.

I'm a blade main right now, have spent no points on elemental secondary. Was thinking of switching ele for shotgun. That way I have a long range for the game proper and could switch to main shotgun for tanking. Are there any recommended abilities to get first for shotgun with a tanking build in mind? Would it be necessary to ALSO build up on hammer and chaos?

Sorry for all the questions but you seem like you know the meta pretty well.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Meallan posted:

I'm a blade main right now, have spent no points on elemental secondary. Was thinking of switching ele for shotgun. That way I have a long range for the game proper and could switch to main shotgun for tanking. Are there any recommended abilities to get first for shotgun with a tanking build in mind? Would it be necessary to ALSO build up on hammer and chaos?

Reinforced Rockets and the Rocket Pod are a good combo, it gives you a lot of protection off of a 3 energy ability

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm trying to list some poo poo on the AH and prices for this bladed fist range from 900 to 25k. What the hell pubbies?

When the crash screen pops up after you close the game it still calls it The Secret World.

Len fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 6, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

I'm trying to list some poo poo on the AH and prices for this bladed fist range from 900 to 25k. What the hell pubbies?

When the crash screen pops up after you close the game it still calls it The Secret World.

That's appropriate because I got the crash error report on closing nearly 100% of the time with The Secret World too.

(far as I can tell everything is working fine except for the crash error report)

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Meallan posted:

Might want to watch out since both blade and shotgun really want a lot of ability slots. I think I'm rocking all but one button with shotgun abilities (the other one is a hammer aoe for spamming on trash). That said, shotgun is really simple to pick up because it only needs one ability line to be really good.

This might all change if you're building a tanking load out. I haven't looked too much at the shotgun tanking stuff. When I've had spare points I've been mostly looking at hammer for tank stuff.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Having a lot of fun with a hammer/ele build. Just Thoring it up all over the place.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Meallan posted:

I'm out of town for a week and some change so I can't get in game to do a full write-up. I agree with the above poster that you will want rocket pods and supporing passives. You will probably want to dip into shotgun and hammer or chaos if you want to tank harder content because you will need to rotate protection talents from both weapons. Shell Salvage and it's passive are amazing for using two tank weapons because you can quickly regen energy for both weapons to maintain buffs.

The best build will probably end up with maining hammer or chaos with shotgun secondary for rocket pods and shell salvage. I don't have the gear or sp to test it yet though.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Jay Rust posted:

I don't suppose there's a way to save active/passive ability "sets"? I want to have a general DPS one for questing, and a tanking/ buffing one for dungeons.

/help gearmanager

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

User posted:

/help gearmanager

Ah yes, thank you, that's exactly it!

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I heard the old cosmetic outfit manager plug in is working great. Fashionista? Haven't tried it but I need to install it for the gf. I don't get playing pretty princess in games but man the cosmetics sell well.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So I just bit the bullet, bought patron and rerolled. Please add Morian to the guild.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

At work so i can't check but does weapon energy continue to regenerate while you are channeling an ability for that weapon?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
A lot of people talking about stacking full health talismans as a tank now. I guess aggro is easier to hold in SWL so attack isn't necessary? If health is so important, would the weapon suffixes of restoration or recovery be best, or stack full protection with warding?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why anyone would start to get married to a load out when the elite dungeons aren't even fully rolled out or explored is crazy to me. Go with what you aren't dying/holding aggro with

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
I'm just upgrading like with like everywhere since it's so much more efficient. No reason at all not to have a set of blues for each equipment type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ossipago posted:

A lot of people talking about stacking full health talismans as a tank now. I guess aggro is easier to hold in SWL so attack isn't necessary? If health is so important, would the weapon suffixes of restoration or recovery be best, or stack full protection with warding?

Yeah, the increased threat means that no tanks need attack gear. Recovery or Resto is probably best because the protection amount on those weapons is tiny.