Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sex Prospector posted:

Her entire campaign career has been "Hillary Clinton for president" and backpedaling her pseudo-progressivism to woo swing voters. For someone who's been doing the prep work for leading a country for all of her career, she has no concrete plans.

"We're going to tell (opposing party) enough is enough and we're going to fix *jobs, education, healthcare, crime, national security*

Don't get me wrong, she's not horrible. Hillary Clinton is just like Mitt Romney, a mediocre candidate who tries to appeal by promising nothing. But Mitt Romney is a man robot, and Hillary is a woman robot, and that makes her bad.

The country has shifted so far right that the GOP is regressive, and the Democrats are conservative. They won't budge on the ACA, and that's going to get it repealed.

She's never been a leader, someone with a methodical plan, someone who's said "look, I know we have different views, but I promise you'll like me more as time goes by."

She is a bear trap for the democratic party, a top ranking figure of a status quo that doesn't know how to address the criticisms and concerns of low education, low income Republicans who've been lied to all their lives.

If the republicans want to play the voter fraud message, you have to react.

"You know what? you're right. That's a little bit of a simplification, though Voter fraud is one thing, but there's voter error where the person voting doesn't understand the ballot system, there's software errors, there's all sorts of things. I want to do this together, because I don't want illegal voters and neither do you."

Our electronic voting systems are primitive and election integrity is a critical issue, especially now.

Republicans are setting up a system that's coming across to a lot of people as means towards suppression. It's good that there's backlash, but Democrats have brought nothing to the table on this issue, nothing that exonerates them to the average idiot, nothing that at least is a start towards fixing a serious loving problem

tl;dr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/882752228452380672

Someone put in like Ted Cruz and Paul Ryan in this or something and then have Fox News run a story on how that is just as bad as the Trump tweet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ShutteredIn posted:

Trump is the President, please talk about Trump itt, because he's the President. Of the United States.

hosed up if true

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ShutteredIn posted:

Trump is the President, please talk about Trump itt, because he's the President. Of the United States.

travis_bickle_head_gun.gif

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

fits my needs posted:

Someone put in like Ted Cruz and Paul Ryan in this or something and then have Fox News run a story on how that is just as bad as the Trump tweet.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fits my needs posted:

*extremely Mr. Nancy voice* these motherfuckers get it, they gettin mad

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

maybe the square ones dont :350:

my dealer back home was a carpenter, with a Jesus beard and hair, too

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ShutteredIn posted:

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/white_slavery/status/882642360382914560 I posted this in here this morning, but I think that the first half is a very solid and obvious route to take in the regards to voter security. The send half is just having fun with the parallels to Reagan and Nixon.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/882753808107003904

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
update: grifting is harder than i thought. how do people write so many words about nothing

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lmfao holy poo poo

They're providing us with public data, suck it libtards!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Just a reminder that Mike pence is also extremely dumb, he's just not as loud about it as Trump

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

anime was right posted:

update: grifting is harder than i thought. how do people write so many words about nothing

They end up going insane like grifter Alex Jones or devolve into a blubbering mess like Glenn Beck.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

anime was right posted:

ann coulter does in fact use sourcing and footnotes

I remember Frankin reading one of her books outloud to Ann and then pausing and reading the footnote, then the actual source material.

Surprise, she made it all up.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

brugroffil posted:

Just a reminder that Mike pence is also extremely dumb, he's just not as loud about it as Trump

He also fucks and gets hosed by horses.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jack Del Huevos posted:

I remember Frankin reading one of her books outloud to Ann and then pausing and reading the footnote, then the actual source material.

this is convenient to me, thanks

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Is she the one where franken pointed out that the best way to lie with footnotes is to not actually have any (they were endnotes) which somehow actually worked into trolling her pretty hard?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/882756249569419265

:thunk:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I mentioned it in the other thread, but my cousin is in the steel business (they make stuff from steel, they don't make steel), and he says they are prepping for up to 40% tariffs on foreign steel

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewYorker/status/882720877305106432

Hahahaha comparing rich white gentrifiers to black people getting systematically red lined.

lol gently caress the new yorker

loving poo poo gobblers

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

"Hey bro?"

"Yeah?"

"Looks like America gonna be real dumb soon. Wanna trade stuff between us instead and lol at them?"

"Sure bro" :hf:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

This was a local story to me and it's hilarious how national it's gone. Folks are so hungry for good cop news that 2 cops riding in a raft down the street not arresting people feels like some type of triumph.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

anime was right posted:

you write one moderately well formed paragraph and then rewrite it fifteen times, sometimes veering off into bullshit weirdo land about a pet peeve of yours before crashing into the main idea of your article which is that lieberals ruin everything and trump is a god-king.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

brugroffil posted:

literally had a radio show for years showcasing how dumb he is, but luckily for him no one cares enough to post 20 year old local talk show radio hosts on the internet

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

lol gently caress the new yorker

loving poo poo gobblers

As an Oakland dude you might appreciate this:

https://sf.curbed.com/2017/5/30/15710054/bay-area-rent-craigslist-uptown-east

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

brugroffil posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fits my needs posted:

They're the ones who the military and most militias have sided with right?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this can't be from him it's the middle of the night in poland

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol this owns

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I love the narrative of the Right Wing in this country wanting to expose the personal data of every single American and have a national commission to doggedly track down and investigate any single instance of someone inside the country doing an in-person vote fraud but roll their eyes and scoff at the idea that a hacker could have messed with voter rolls or other poo poo.

That's two extremely disparate ideas to contain in one deplorable brain.

it’s not that disparate if you view it as their team winning.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Vertical Lime posted:

lol you forget that trump is a germophobe who can only sleep in his own bed, he's probably lying awake thinking of how to call up polish pee hookers with melania in the suite with him

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vertical Lime posted:

orange tweets at 3am here. why would he be asleep now?

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Is it really a good idea to highlight secret service agents by taking pictures or them?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

M_Gargantua posted:

orange tweets at 3am here. why would he be asleep now?

not to mention it takes most people a few days to adjust to a new time zone

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

anime was right posted:

quick question: do lovely right wing books like stuff from o'reilly and ann coulter use sources

uhh

j/w

like not actual real ones, but like, footnotes that point to right wing think tank numbers and stuff

Coulter, yes. She cherry picks like only an attorney can, but she legit cites stuff. One of her few redeeming features.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

amazing how little 48 grand a year gets you in california

e: as a california resident, i'm fully aware that rent sux, but it's rare to get such a stark example laid out right in front of your face

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sex Prospector posted:

Is it really a good idea to highlight secret service agents by taking pictures or them?

Means they're less likely to be loving hookers at that point in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

This was a local story to me and it's hilarious how national it's gone. Folks are so hungry for good cop news that 2 cops riding in a raft down the street not arresting people feels like some type of triumph.

It's like all those articles applauding pitbulls for not randomly killing their owners.

• Locked thread