Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Word is that Ebisu Style was supposed to be great drift > great air > drift, so the lack of the prior drift is why you never got it. I got all 3 in like two minutes on the sand dunes and a high powered AWD offroader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I was drifting off the dunes though edrift probably doesn't count My Stradale got some miles on it though and my gf had to listen to engine roar for two hours followed by occasional cursing

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Course in my case the offroader was like a Trailcat and not a rally car, not sure what difference it would've made. But yeah, I didn't understand what the heck it even was til I looked up vague tips on how to do it. It's like one of the most obscure skills in the game.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
minami life challenge, the jump is scary

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm in the modern endurance got hopper if anyone is around. Pretty decent lobby today

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao i bought another mr2

now i have two of them wtf am i doing with my life

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
that's awesome cause if one gets thrashed you can use it for parts

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

no cause my other one is an sw20

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

financially racist posted:

make two race cars, one that's fast and one that wants to kill you

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

make two race cars, one that's fast and one that wants to kill you

I'd love to see the Group B MR2 made out of those two

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Put a 2gr in the sw and a K20 in the AW

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A Handed Missus posted:

I'd love to see the Group B MR2 made out of those two

we did almost get an aw11-based group b car

track day bro! posted:

Put a 2gr in the sw and a K20 in the AW

2gr is already gonna happen

if i keep the aw11 it's gonna get a beams

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

we did almost get an aw11-based group b car

2gr is already gonna happen

if i keep the aw11 it's gonna get a beams

I'm pretty jealous cuz 2GR's are real expensive here, my friend bought a 2gr swapped car and is swapping it into a tintop chassis which worked out cheaper than buying a 2gr and all the bits. Tbh beams are kinda sucky as in the redtop isn't that great, the blacktop wasn't really designed for transverse mounting and has a much bigger head which has trouble fitting in an SW let alone an AW.

Gonna picwhore me driving during irl dynamic weather lol.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

lmao i bought another mr2

now i have two of them wtf am i doing with my life

Loving those dumb rear end terrible pretty rims

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

track day bro! posted:

I'm pretty jealous cuz 2GR's are real expensive here, my friend bought a 2gr swapped car and is swapping it into a tintop chassis which worked out cheaper than buying a 2gr and all the bits. Tbh beams are kinda sucky as in the redtop isn't that great, the blacktop wasn't really designed for transverse mounting and has a much bigger head which has trouble fitting in an SW let alone an AW.

Really I thought the MK11 would always benefit from going full electric. A tiny electric motor could pump out some serious horse, and you could easily shove a few larger Li-ion batteries into the frunk/around the electric motor.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

2gr isn't too cheap here but the way i see it, the sw20 is and will continue to be my daily driver, so if i want more power, a powerful naturally-aspirated modern engine is just a more logical choice than going turbo and introducing multiple new potential points of failure. plus the 2gr sounds fuckin incredible in an mr2.

beams motors are great for the price, 200hp out of an na 4 cylinder that goes for around a grand is dope and it has enough commonality among other 3s-ge engines that parts aren't impossible to find. i also want to keep swaps in-brand as much as i can cause, y'know. this is all theoretical anyway; i might sell the aw11 once i have it road-worthy to help pay for college. it's totally rust free, can prolly make a good chunk of cash off it once it's running, especially as i only paid 400(!) dollars for it. but realistically i've wanted an aw11 for a very long time (test drove one over a decade ago, been lusting for one ever since) and if i end up loving the car as much as i think i will i'll prolly keep it.

Black Griffon posted:

Loving those dumb rear end terrible pretty rims

they'd look so bad on like any other car but they're perfect on this one. 80's car futurism is one of my favorite things, prolly since my dad used to have a subaru xt and that car was so fuckin rad. on that note i'd love a subaru xt in forza motorsport.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
LOL are those replica turn signal lenses? They don't match the reference I have here in Forza 2-19!!

Nice find, sweet cars.. My wife had two of those, one RHD and one LHD and she loved them more than any other car she's owned.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Here's more Forza sale items that have popped up today going until July 10th.
    Forza Motorsport 6 Platinum Edition Bundle - 67% off, 75% with Gold
    Forza Horizon 3 Porsche Car Pack - 60% off
    Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island - 67% off, 75% with Gold
    Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 Bundle - 50% off, 60% with Gold

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Am I crazy or did forza at one point have a AI mode you could watch that would get credits for you? I want that =/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Norns posted:

Am I crazy or did forza at one point have a AI mode you could watch that would get credits for you? I want that =/

It did, Turn-10 has changed it since Forza 5. Now how it works is that the AI does races for you in other players single player games and you get credits for every race they show up. I like this system but I wish the old system of letting the AI do races for you was still in as well.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I've always wished Forza would add in a "come back and keep playing" mechanic in a similar way, kind of like how auto clicker games do.

It would be great if the game tracked a "date and time since last played" value, then gave you two or three free car tokens for every week away from the game you spent, capped at a month or two of banked tokens or something, just to give you incentive to peek back in every once in a while and collect your new free cars.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Isn't that what the Forza rewards system is for?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anyone up for a bit of racing tomorrow before BBQ cookout and fireworks tomorrow? Maybe some stock 'Murica muscle racing?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah sure i'm down if i don't forget

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'll be around tomorrow

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Norns posted:

I am pretty sure you are thinking of Gran Turismo and not Forza. At least one of their old games let you have an AI driver drive and complete races and events for you, and you'd get a smaller amount of credits. I think it was GT2 (maybe 4 though). Although you still had to tell the driver to pit stop on the longer races... or they would drive until they ran out of fuel and you'd have to restart the 24 hour race... :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nah old forzas up to 4 also let you hire a driver, that was what the drivatars originally were. i know this cause i hired drivers to do a bunch of the races in forza 4 while i did classwork. actually i dunno if forza 1 let you hire drivers now that i think about it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I hadn't seen this interview before from a few weeks ago. Greenawalt's asked specifically about what's going to be done with wreckers, etc. and of course he punts to talking up esports and T10's failed marshal program. So it seems multiplayer will continue to be a clusterfuck.

He does mention that the auction house will be in the game and the livery editor can be used with a mouse and keyboard (not sure if that's how it is for FH on PC).

Custom Public Lobbies won't be returning as featured before, they are doing something more with Xbox Live as an alternative with "hashtags and groups" whatever the gently caress that means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xWjOnoSl8

Edit: But then there's this. Sorry for the ar12 link

quote:

When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn’t be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game “take you down,” Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty’ in Rivals.

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-adjudication

geeves fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 4, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hate how fh3 does multiplayer because you can't do specialized races or anything neat, I hope fm7 doesn't do stupid poo poo like fh3

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
With all the eSports fox-only-final-destination types the game is likely to attract I expect VERY granular lobby settings.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

With all the eSports fox-only-final-destination types the game is likely to attract I expect VERY granular lobby settings.

Fox-only destinations means that it will never been seen and shuffled around at the last minute.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

Fox-only destinations means that it will never been seen and shuffled around at the last minute.

:golfclap:

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Sounds like they're going to turn career mode into a copy of the championship format of Horizon 2 (minus forced road trip padding) with a touch of Horizon 3 blueprinting. That's neat I guess.

Return of the auction house is also neat, even though that probably means they're going back to cars costing up to 10 million credits or more instead of FM5/6 where no car exceeded 2 mil. You know what that means, people hoarding and scalping the cars that people actually want, and yet another achievement for spending several millions on the same old 50s/60s Ferraris.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Two questions:

Do I need Gold to play this online using a PC?

Is THIS the version people are buying (from amazon.com)? Or are you guys buying from the Microsoft store?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Two questions:

Do I need Gold to play this online using a PC?

Is THIS the version people are buying (from amazon.com)? Or are you guys buying from the Microsoft store?

You do not need gold to play on PC. I let my gold lapse earlier this year, I can't play online on my Xbox anymore but I can on the PC.

Any digital copy of the game that activates on the Microsoft store is what you want. That Amazon one qualifies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just keep my Xbox Live sub going because you get a lot of good free games each month. Granted I do not play any of them but still.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I just wanna make my own single player multiclass races and see margins in seconds not feet

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

dentist toy box posted:

I just wanna make my own single player multiclass races and see margins in seconds not feet

Naw they will just start showing speed gaps instead

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Gamestop's preorder is a 1/43 model of the 911 GT2 RS, and I was hype as hell to order, until I saw it's not available with the digital copy. Sons of bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is a cool model but being able to play the game the weekend before launch is more important to me.

• Locked thread