Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that's true but Killua's theme that plays when Illumi tells him he doesn't deserve friends is incredibly perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TeC9xyV0oA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My only problem with HxH 2011's soundtrack is that yeah there wasn't enough variety. I enjoyed what was there, but you want recognizable themes for specific characters or tones, not Sonic Adventure where as soon as the camera pans away from one character to another someone presses Next on the soundtrack and their theme starts playing. That's an exaggeration obviously but you get the idea.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For all the supposed repetitiveness of the soundtrack, every time I heard Chain Bastard, I got PUMPED AS HELL. :black101:

e: I was Phone posting, but here's the link, just in case. This and Try your luck are so loving good at putting me in a good mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwg4T02cINg

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 6, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wheres the cahpter

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

wheres the cahpter

its already on hiatus dude

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gently caress

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wark Say posted:

For all the supposed repetitiveness of the soundtrack, every time I heard Chain Bastard, I got PUMPED AS HELL. :black101:

e: I was Phone posting, but here's the link, just in case. This and Try your luck are so loving good at putting me in a good mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwg4T02cINg

that's not even Kurapika's best theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfNToC44F4&t=225s

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's nothing repetitive about HxH 2011's soundtrack, just try listening to the OP for each arc!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I remember this. It was like Kurapica's very own "AND THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!" theme, except... y'know, more like "You're dropping dead. Right the gently caress now"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
kurapica is going to kill someone with the properties of rubber and gum

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

No not luffy!

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Jose posted:

Hisoka is not a spider. Or are you saying he Will Take his power?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

in typical kurapica fashion he's going to learn haki instantly and kill luffy i should have said using

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stairmaster posted:

gently caress

He was lying don't worry.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
can we just get someone else to draw hxh. the art isnt that important. just let togashi do all the writing/storyboarding.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Relin posted:

can we just get someone else to draw hxh. the art isnt that important. just let togashi do all the writing/storyboarding.

Get Kubo to draw, Togashi to write

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Get Kubo to draw, Togashi to write

Why would you choose a worse artist though?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

at least then someone will be drawing

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just want this weeks chapter to be released. As scans exist though I have not looked at them to avoid being spoiled until I read them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relin posted:

you say that immediately after the nen beast roll call chapter?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TWIST FIST posted:

at least then someone will be drawing

Kubo does have good designs too. It's just that his writing (or his editor) is garbage when he was doing Bleach such that it ran on way too long with too much bullshit. Every time he added characters, the had to be relevant in some way rather than be comfortable sitting on the sidelines like when Oda adds his truckloads every arc. Togashi is a bit more restrained in adding characters, generally, but this arc has a relatively large amount of new characters that are probably all somewhat relevant.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Get Kentaro Miura to do HxH's backgrounds, Takehiko Inoue to do HxH's characters and Togashi to write and we might get 1 more chapter before we all die of old age.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

get boichi to draw it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Chapter is out
http://readms.net/r/hunter_x_hunter/363/4397/1

I actually have changed my opinion of Benjamin based off his interactions with his soldier. While Theta and her partner were afraid to use certain phrases that could imply normalcy or belittle their prince. Benjamin's guards (or at least his head guard) weren't afraid to outright contradict him and there wasn't any negative repercussion for that. My initial impression of Benjamin was that he was a warmonger and while that still can be very much true he's shown a far more cool and calculated side as well as framing his passion through the protection of the throne.

There is also the fact that Kurapika has just hosed himself harder than anything with that announcement. Now he's dragged the HA into this in the wrong light. But now it makes me wonder about Bill and how much Pariston told his people. We're being led to believe that the Temp Hunters weren't told of the succession war, but so far Bill has been the most knowledgeable person on this ship regarding the threat. Bill is also the one to suggest plans that either rely on Pariston or breaking Beyond out confinement. I'm not suspecting he's a mole, but it's possible he's been instructed well enough to be able to twist the situation in Pariston's favor.

That or maybe he is Pariston using some ability

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I completely missed that Kurapika made some announcement before this point and was wondering what communication they were talking about last week :doh:

e: and I totally agree about Benjamin, that was super well done.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The bit about deciding what words mean for yourselves does not bode well for Harkenburg's wish to drop out with somebody like Cammy running around.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's ironic how the fourth and fifth princes dissed Benjamin as being ignorant, but it turns out that Benjamin is the only one of them to even know about nen, which would have given him the biggest advantage among the Princes.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Is the guard/assassin of the latst page a mole in Benjamin's group? He had orders to just watch and gather intel, and only attack to defend themselves, and it seems he went and started trouble killing someone the second he entered the room, with only the flimsiest of excuses, putting Benjamin in bad light. I suspect he could be one of Pariston's men.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If my experience with reading Saiunkoku Monogatari (specifically the backstory) has taught me anything, succession wars for the right of a country's throne are seldom a clean and tidy affair. Togashi also seems to have a ton of opinions about a ton of things, so I'm guessing he's gonna portray this as ugly and unnecessarily messy as possible.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
I love how Benjamin suddenly turned into the biggest threat on the ship

The only reason he hasn't just barged into Nick's room and broken his neck is because he doesn't know that the nen beasts cannot harm him.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Haha gently caress me I was expecting Camilla to be smart and clever and Benjamin the huge retard, what a turn-around

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Did Benjamin's soldier say that even if Benjamin had Nen he wouldn't be able to see Nen beasts?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Is the guard/assassin of the latst page a mole in Benjamin's group? He had orders to just watch and gather intel, and only attack to defend themselves, and it seems he went and started trouble killing someone the second he entered the room, with only the flimsiest of excuses, putting Benjamin in bad light. I suspect he could be one of Pariston's men.

Anything is possible. He might even be under the influence of some sort of Nen Beast. There are at least a dozen different agendas going on with any number of individuals working at one or more of them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Did Benjamin's soldier say that even if Benjamin had Nen he wouldn't be able to see Nen beasts?

Benjamin already has Nen, but even with it he is unable to see any nen beasts. The soldier states that this may be part of some conditions or restrictions. Other nen users see them no problem still.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Get early 00's Tim Buckley to draw for Togashi.

Boom. No more missed deadlines.

(Oh God I actually want to see this now)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Get early 00's Tim Buckley to draw for Togashi.

Boom. No more missed deadlines.

(Oh God I actually want to see this now)

Panel 1: Killua runs into the hospital.
Panel 2: Killua talking to Bisque
Panel 3: Killua to Leorio
Panel 4: Killua standing over a comatose Gon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hate-Senpai posted:

It's ironic how the fourth and fifth princes dissed Benjamin as being ignorant, but it turns out that Benjamin is the only one of them to even know about nen, which would have given him the biggest advantage among the Princes.

They called him Arrogant. Not Ignorant, I doubt they would underestimate his intelligence.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 7, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

They called him Arrogant. Not Ignorant, I doubt they would underestimate his intelligence.

Oh, whoops, was just the 4th.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

frajaq posted:

Haha gently caress me I was expecting Camilla to be smart and clever and Benjamin the huge retard, what a turn-around
I didn't like that. Like, I don't mind that Benjamin turned out to be a guy who's willing to listen to reason, but Camilla reminded me of the Fortune Telling rich girl from the Yorknew arc (Neon, I think?) too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

Oh, whoops, was just the 4th.

Man I still loving adore that last panel.