Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
When I was on the Thursday raid I wasn't getting good might uptime. :| Not sure what it was, probably positioning, which is hard because circle crew moves around a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

You people are crazy

You don't get to talk.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

My stack of these is shrinking now that I'm doing wvw more. I've been making and selling about one legendary per week for a couple months now, but I'm definitely going to run out of karma soon so it's going to feel like too much work again soon enough. On the plus side, I think I will spring for a permanent hair contract!

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Illuyankas posted:

You people are crazy
I don't want to hear that from someone who has more characters than me :colbert:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Priapus Unbound posted:

My stack of these is shrinking now that I'm doing wvw more. I've been making and selling about one legendary per week for a couple months now, but I'm definitely going to run out of karma soon so it's going to feel like too much work again soon enough. On the plus side, I think I will spring for a permanent hair contract!

One per week? what the gently caress

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Gotta spend legendaries to make legendaries.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Considering the source I still feel justified in my statement

I could barely do it four times, and only one of those didn't need all of WvW done as well

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

lucifirius posted:

One per week? what the gently caress

Yeah, what? :gonk:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
If you're making and selling the things it's a simple matter of waiting on buy/sell orders and burning through karma, Gifts of Exploration and Battle, spirit shards, and dungeon tokens, which (some) people tend to have stocked up from playing over a long period of time.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

eat the e-rich

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know of a good write-up or video explaining how to Revenant? I understand the energy system, or at least think I do, and feel I've got a good handle on the right bar skills individually but I'm not sure how to really either exploit the system or chain together the skills for the best effects. Primarily just for open world and WvW work.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
Hey I just wanted to thank the SFD weekend raid crew for letting Sheepcreep and I tag along. It's helping us learn the encounters better, and just generally get more comfortable in the raiding environment. Plus, you're all just cool, friendly and chill dudes who we're both enjoying getting to know better. :unsmith:

Also thank you Hinky in particular for some of the chronotank VG tips, like the timings for the floor changing. Hopefully that should help me later today for babbie raid.

SkullMuffinz fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 3, 2017

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

If you're making and selling the things it's a simple matter of waiting on buy/sell orders and burning through karma, Gifts of Exploration and Battle, spirit shards, and dungeon tokens, which (some) people tend to have stocked up from playing over a long period of time.

Basically this. Every legendary you make can be sold for more than enough to pay for the raw gold components of the next legendary, so all the account bound stuff becomes your limiting factor. In my case, it's karma. If I were actually trying to make legendaries for myself I'd have been broke a long time ago. I have lots of gifts of exploration because for a while I would relax after work by completing a zone or two. That was a bad time for me; really I'm monetizing the products of my depressive funk of a couple years ago.

EDIT: I really can't recommend this site enough. You can generate an API key for your account on the GW2 site then use it here to perform various actions like generating a shopping list and set of crafting steps for legendaries.

https://gw2efficiency.com/

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 3, 2017

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

SkullMuffinz posted:

Hey I just wanted to thank the SFD weekend raid crew for letting Sheepcreep and I tag along. It's helping us learn the encounters better, and just generally get more comfortable in the raiding environment. Plus, you're all just cool, friendly and chill dudes who we're both enjoying getting to know better. :unsmith:

Also thank you Hinky in particular for some of the chronotank VG tips, like the timings for the floor changing. Hopefully that should help me later today for babbie raid.

Here is my number one tip for chronotank. You'll encounter it most likely on Gorseval. So initially you'll want to set yourself up with Gorseval facing you and away from the group. You'll want to have a nice easy illusion rotation for your first CS throwing down the wells with the right overlap. Yadda yadda. If people are flying ahead of you, or landing too early and engaging Gorseval before you and you're just unhappy with the opening, just /qq for a reset and they will usually pay more attention on future attempts.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Minor chrono tip, if you're doing Concentration Sigil (so you're starting the fight in Sword/Focus or Sword/Sword), use your 5 skill before using Sword 3. Sword and Focus 5 both have 1200 range, while Sword 3 only has 600 range, and it's very easy to jump the gun on hitting Sword 3 and to whiff it and be short an illusion.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Is anyone having connection troubles? My entire group dcd during whitemantle boss guy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I think I got the worst lag spike ever, didn't manage to get participation in claw of jormag even if I tried in 2 separate instances :negative:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I can't log in :smith:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo i got my first precursor drop, it was off a wing 4 boss before the servers went to poo poo.

The Lover. :woop::woop::woop::woop:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

S-s-s-senpai n-n-n-no

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

I can't log in :smith:

you're missing out maths is on

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Visidan posted:

you're missing out maths is on

wow making me miss out on that rude af

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

when the hell is the last living story chapter coming out

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
When you buy enough stuff from the gemstore. Anet has a quota, better open that wallet.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

when the hell is the last living story chapter coming out

2 weeks? 3 weeks? Anet pls

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Holy poo poo does Star Citizen have its own convention? It has become a cult

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Star Citizen needs to come up with a MLM model to spread around before all the investors officially get the rug yanked out from under them.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Hello Sailor posted:

Star Citizen needs to come up with a MLM model to spread around before all the investors officially get the rug yanked out from under them.

Marxist-Leninist-Maoist or Men Loving Men?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hello Sailor posted:

Too late, they recently started a big referral campaign with more promises if you sucker the most people in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lt_Tofu posted:

Too late, they recently started a big referral campaign with more promises if you sucker the most people in.

Wait really? MLMs are actually pretty strictly regulated, report CIG and watch them get fined into oblivion.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Raid group: my power is out

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Kessel posted:

Raid group: my power is out

anet servers are laggy for some people so you may not have missed out anyway

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

anet servers are laggy for some people so you may not have missed out anyway

yesterday was unplayably bad. entire raid team disconnecting during a fight

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the game starting lagging today at the exact same time as yesterday

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The ghost of Colin

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

The ghost of Colin

I think you'll find the ghost of Colin would disconnect everyone from open world into a raid

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
"The light is alive, and malicious, and vast, and encroaching. It buzzes and shines, and everything about it hurts those that are close to it, and destroys those who are within it... It is a Smiling God of terrible power and ceaseless appetite."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Anyone having connection issues? ....again

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

frajaq posted:

Anyone having connection issues? ....again

Yes. Good thing I definitely was not wrist deep in a goddamn instanced story quest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Guild Wars 2 currently is experiencing lag issues related to a DDOS attack. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience that our players are encountering.

about 4 hours ago

• Locked thread