Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Someone did a breakdown of Day at the Races and it's neat.

https://pastebin.com/UJNPkrbQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wario's gonna win! ..by cheating, natch.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord Wario's got some mad cash in the bank.

I have to wonder if they retuned their hard computer to actually be hard for a grown-rear end adult in these games.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Gonna go for Wario.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Abandon Ship is a terrible minigame. If you don't mash A at the start, you end up in the water immediately.

RydogZeta
Feb 14, 2016
Going to vote for Yoshi.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

get that OUT of my face posted:

Abandon Ship is a terrible minigame. If you don't mash A at the start, you end up in the water immediately.

And even if you mash perfectly, it's a total crap shoot who wins because you can't out pace the screen scroll, but the AI can just squeeze past out at the very end because gently caress you.

This game is awful on the coaster.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I really can't wait to do the Roller Coaster. I have no memory of it and for probably very good reasons.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be fair the stretch of that coaster (only available on hard ) is absolute hell.
First there's honeycomb havoc which you have little control over, then abandon ship which is luck based, THEN sneak and snore which you can only win if the AI suicides, THEN an endurance round of hot rope jump.

And you have to do ALL that poo poo in a row before you can save

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Minigame Island in MP1 had its fair share of bullshit, but it let you go to a save point between every level, only had Hard CPUs in the later worlds, gave you an extra life when you completed a new minigame, and gave you the opportunity to grind for coins in case you ran low on lives. Minigame Coaster in MP2 has none of these things. The Hard path has Hard CPUs from the beginning to the end, and World 7 (the first world you can only access via that path) has all those walls mentioned by MR. J, which means you have to get very lucky in order to get by on however many lives you'll have at that point. I never bothered to finish it, which sucks for the completionist in me because I'm pretty sure you get a hidden 4-player minigame for beating it.

And just like Minigame Island had a fakeout at the end where you had to beat Toad in Slot Car Derby in order to win, Minigame Coaster's Hard path does as well. You have to fight three Baby Bowsers in a round of Shell Shocked (the tank minigame). I only know this because I saw a video completing it.

MR. J posted:

And even if you mash perfectly, it's a total crap shoot who wins because you can't out pace the screen scroll, but the AI can just squeeze past out at the very end because gently caress you.
As shown in the video, when Wario got an unbeatable boost of speed at the end for no reason.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I think it's safe to say that while we will be showing off the coaster. We probably wont be doing the hard path....

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So here we have the conclusion to Western Land. Not sure what to say. It's certainly an interesting watch. At least I'm sure that everyone is going to be surprised.

Western Land Part 2

We do, however, have an immediate guessing game again! Next time is the first of the bonus mini game stuff. We'll be doing the Mini Game Stadium which has three modes in it and we will be doing all three. So, between only Calli and I, no computer guessing, who does the best of 2 out of 3?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Might I propose you guys skip straight to M.P. 4? It's one thing to be yelling at one another, but it's another when it's yelling at each other and it's unfun.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

The point we are in recording this we might as well finish it. We are forgoing our arbitrary rule on the computers though. That'll be coming up in videos soon so things should be going better. This had been during one long recording session so tensions had grown high by the end of it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, I'm definitely surprised DK won. I couldn't have seen that coming!

But yeah I agree with Samovar, it's clear you guys aren't enjoying it and quite honestly it makes the videos harder to watch. I know the joke during the first few was that everyone expected fights and you two just loved each other, but I genuinely miss that now. It was far more enjoyable than the rage.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Calli would have won if she had just bet 5 more coins in the duel against DK. :rip:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm getting a little angry just watching the game rig things for the computer. Two Battle Minigames right before Calli could get to the star, tell me that wasn't predetermined bullshit.

Warmal posted:

We are forgoing our arbitrary rule on the computers though.
Do that to the "skip minigame explanations" rule too, you screwed yourselves over twice in 2-vs.-2 minigames.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 5, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The real bullshit was Wario not stealing a star with
Boo because he knew the next star would appear in front of him.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

The real bullshit was Wario not stealing a star with
Boo because he knew the next star would appear in front of him.
That makes no sense, Wario would have had 3 coins to spare to buy it if he stole a Star instead. CPU hubris!

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 5, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I hope the next game goes better for you, really. Maybe turn minigame explanations back on so you're not flailing around for the rules while the CPU sprints ahead?

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We have one more board to go through with our current rules, from then on we'll have it changed. It definitely wouldn't have been a problem if the computers weren't so insanely difficult. At least the next episode is a bonus so we won't have that big of a pain with them.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Wow. I uh, I never heard somebody actually break while playing this game. I think I could have happily continued without that experience.

So, um, Calli for best 2 out of 3?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to go with Warmal/Michael for best 2 out of 3.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Oh, right, voting.

Kilza posted:

Based off the first half of the first board, this is going to be a bad idea but I'm going for it.

I'm just going to vote for Michael to win every single board of Mario Party 2. Every. Single. One.

No reason to change up my voting strategy. Michael with the best 2 out of 3.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

I think Mario Party 2 is definitely not a fun game. We also dicked ourselves over with the mini game explanations being off but I think it makes us stronger in the end. I have found that I like the mini games and am growing more comfortable with them so hopefully changing the computer difficulty will makes things easier for us. If it helps, know we are still madly in love and that mario party is not destroying this marriage. its just another test in our love and another step into us communicating better.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Suffering helps you grow!

edit: It helps you grow more comfortable in your hatred of Wario, I mean

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Peach's got it

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Calli gets my vote for the best two out of three.

And yeah, this hardship is somewhat self-inflicted. :v: It's still been great fun to watch though!

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Calli with best 2 out of three

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yoshi will win the day in the stadium.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Perhaps I'm naive (I hope not) but I have faith in Calli. I also had no idea that there was a Mini-Game Stadium in MP2.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Calli for best 2/3

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Calli for the 2/3

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll go against the bandwagon and say that Michael will win.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Senerio posted:

Peach's got it

your persistence is admirable

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Note that should you switch to someone else, I will still be voting for Peach when she shows up.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm assuming I can't vote for the CPU so I'll go Michael.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Senerio posted:

Note that should you switch to someone else, I will still be voting for Peach when she shows up.

drat. im probably going to switch to daisy when she becomes part of the games since she was my number one chick. peach was always more of a side chick when i was a kid.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
How is there even a Mario Party 3? I mean, I'm glad that they continued and fixed problems, but drat does this look like a series killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just wanted to alert you so my betrayal, while sudden and inevitable, is less curse-worthy.

• Locked thread