Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Any indication of healing time for the injury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

Any indication of healing time for the injury?

She ain't getting back to 100% this season. From what I understand the bones should start to fuse in the next couple of weeks and she might have a walking cast and off crutches but it will take a couple of months to have any proper healing and she might be screwing herself long term by risking the rehab in the house.

Although it will be easy to rest it here, but she has to make sure not to push herself in comps and gently caress it up.

Cody and Jess come down for a "family dinner" cooked by Josh and Raven. Jess has an awkward check in with Christmas who says "I feel great. How are you? You look tired." In what might be a first the BB House says grace and we get fish for it for some reason.

Kevin: I still have more kids at my home table.

Raven reveals she has a "Never Not Pass" and that's why she feels obliged to cook for everyone because they're all so cool about it. She talks about how she loves cooking because she would cook for her family when she was young because her mom couldn't eat (she has the same thing Raven has) and then when she had it she just loved the feeling of cooking for people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A quick flashback to Cody and Jess during Christmas' return.

Cody: We're the deciding votes, and its like they don't care!
Jessica: I want to see if her cast is off, but I don't want to go down.

Matt tries to recycle Raven. I'm starting to like these two now that they're away from Cody and Jess.

Raven: You can't recycle me! I've got metal in me!

Matt and Raven quickly comment about the hate rays Jessica's giving off and refusing to eat.

Matt pulls Christmas aside and says there's a real difference in Josh the last couple of days and credits her for advising him (I think he's absolutely right but I also think he's more at peace now that he's playing the game with Paul and Christmas and snowing Cody/Jess). Christmas says he's going to be a real asset to them since everyone disregards him.

Everyone realizes they just ate dinner and its only 4:30. Kevin is telling some story about medieval hangings. Cody and Jess are enjoying their time outside the HOH.

Mark and Jason are playing chess. Its hard to hear but Mark's talking about Cody trying to manipulate him with Banner Gate. Mark says Cody and Jess are upsetting a lot of people with their behavior to Christmas.

Cody and Jess retreat to HOH and declare "mission accomplished." They think they very effectively psyched out Christmas and she's hugely overconfident. Jessica thinks Christmas is being a "little child" but it won't change the fact that she's leaving tomorrow. Cody's visibly antsy. They're furious at Matt for giving Christmas her food or something. Cody calls him a "snake" and a "piece of poo poo." Jessica wants her revenge. Jessica says Raven and Elena are Christmas's "little minions." Cody says its "beyond game" and he'd never be friends with "that chick." "She's awful." Cody thinks that Raven might secretly want him which is why she's behaving this way. They don't understand why Matt and Raven aren't boning like them. Cody thinks Matt's just playing Raven and Raven just took Matt as a second choice after Jess scooped him up. They've lost their minds and they're shaken. They're just sitting there watching the TV and cackling about things.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Edit: Moving this

Max fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 6, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Episode discussion here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824227

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark and Jason continue their chess game. Jason asks Mark how he plays and Mark says he tries to figure out a couple of moves ahead like "when the horse goes here..."

Cody and Jess arguing over Mark's vote. Jess says there's no way Mark is voting out Christmas because he'd lose Elena and if COdy assures him they have the 6-6 vote Mark won't need to vote that way. Cody disagrees and they bet. Cody is just disgusted by "that entire side of the house."

Dom, Christmas, and Raven are discussing how they really didn't think Jessica would be this kind of person. Christmas says she thought if there was going to be a problem with some girl she thought it might be Jess so she kept her distance from Cody. They all agree. Raven says Cody originally wanted to be Raven's "bed partner" and she turned him down, then he asked her about Jessica the next day. Raven says she'll never tell Jess that and Christmas says she'd just think its made up and "vicious" at this stage. Raven says Jess almost threw a fit during the bathing shoot photo suit because her makeup was running and her $250 suit got ruined. Dom brings up her theory that Cody wants her and Jess is jealous.

Off camera Elena is apparently feeding Paul milk from her mouth like a bird. Alex is very unhappy about this.
Alex: Why would you do that?
Dom: I guess people are bored.
Alex: Noooo. No.

Cody and Jess continue their evil cackling. All the usual. Cody says no one will have the balls to take out him or Paul but each other. Jess thinks the others are so stupid for going against them because now it "seems" like they're isolated and have less power. Jess wants to do a dual DR with Cody after Christmas goes with an evil laugh. Cody doesn't think he can pull that off and doesn't want to be that. Cody clearly thinks he's still the hero of the narrative while Jess seems to have on some level embraced that she's the villain.

I'm gonna go watch the show. Watching Jess and Cody unravel is fun but I want to see the narrative and make sure Cody's getting the villain edit he's working so hard to force.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
This is my first time watching BB whether its the feed or show in yearssss.. but man the tv show really blows compared to the feeds..

I guess thats expected due to time constraints but man i hated the show tonight.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The show was gold and included major things not contained in the feeds (veto comp & ceremony).

Cody is not getting a bad villain edit yet. He's still getting the deranged weirdo edit. He's a ton of fun on the show and his emotionless DRs are beautiful.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

After watching Jillian basically not campaign at all in a winnable situation I'm kinda worried about the housing market in Las Vegas

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody's full heel turn didn't come until he put Paul and Christmas up so it makes sense that he's not coming off full villain yet. They don't seem to be protecting him at all. They established that he formed the alliance with Christmas, that he didn't tell anyone he was targeting Paul, that he "threw" the POV to Alex and lied to even his showmance about it, strong armed Jason, and then blindsided everyone and backstabbed Christmas. That's all the right setup and the fallout comes after when Christmas confronts him, Jessica starts strong arming people, and the two of them go insane.

The episodes are always going to be missing content because what can you do? But the narrative seems honest and that episode was basically 100% game. Episodes still are fun for DRs, comps, and missing pieces. And the narrative feels honest and accurate right now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

She ain't getting back to 100% this season. From what I understand the bones should start to fuse in the next couple of weeks and she might have a walking cast and off crutches but it will take a couple of months to have any proper healing and she might be screwing herself long term by risking the rehab in the house.

Although it will be easy to rest it here, but she has to make sure not to push herself in comps and gently caress it up.

Cody and Jess come down for a "family dinner" cooked by Josh and Raven. Jess has an awkward check in with Christmas who says "I feel great. How are you? You look tired." In what might be a first the BB House says grace and we get fish for it for some reason.

Kevin: I still have more kids at my home table.

Raven reveals she has a "Never Not Pass" and that's why she feels obliged to cook for everyone because they're all so cool about it. She talks about how she loves cooking because she would cook for her family when she was young because her mom couldn't eat (she has the same thing Raven has) and then when she had it she just loved the feeling of cooking for people.

Did she win one, or did they just give her one due to her medical issues?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Your Taint posted:

Did she win one, or did they just give her one due to her medical issues?

Answer is in tonight's episode.
She took the "Temptation" of it during the POV.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
In the POV if you found a gold star in the water you ended your POV comp but receive that perk. She found the gold star.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

STAC Goat posted:

Alex: Why would you do that?
Dom: I guess people are bored.
Alex: Noooo. No.

Ahaha I can't help but feel this applies to 90% of what the hamsters do in there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
With the next den being the veto sub, should make Cameron the curse part of it. That would especially be good if Christmas wins. Make him her proxy in the veto comps.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 6, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everything's pretty chill in the house. Both sides feel like they have the numbers and seem to be waiting till tomorrow to make the last push. The only people really panicking are Cody and Jess who are claiming they're clearly confident but are very clearly rattled and nervous from their behavior and how much they're reassuring each other.

Dom coached Christmas a little on what to say for her final push tomorrow. Christmas is a little antsy about sitting back since she doesn't want to regret pressing harder, but she clearly recognizes the value in not pressing too hard.

Kevin again reiterated to Jason that he thinks the right move for next week is Matt/Mark noms with a Cody backdoor. I actually think that's a terrible move but Kevin doesn't really get the game and I'd love for him to do it. Even though I'm growing to like Matt and he might be vulnerable next to Mark.

Christmas tells Mark he's losing weight every day in his arms and face and abs and Mark gets insecure that people thought he looked fat before. Mark's in a sour mood because of the awkward situation with Cody and Jess. Christmas tries to cheer him up.

Christmas: Do you like butterflies? Because you're transforming.

Paul checked in with Josh again and Josh again assured him he wasn't buying any of Cody and Jess' poo poo. Paul promised Josh that he'll never put him on the block and he's totally safe next week. Josh again commits his trust to Paul and Christmas. Josh wants Paul to throw HOH to him to take out Cody but Paul says he wants it and Josh can take out Jessica. Josh is cool with that. He told Paul he's blindsiding all the outsiders and telling them he's voting out Jillian and Paul says that's "perfect."

Matt, Dom, and Mark are having a general regrouping strategy talk. I didn't catch anything new or surprising. General discontent with what Cody and Jess have done, keeping the targets on the outsiders, and they're stronger now that they've been tested and know they all have character and loyalty. Blah blah blah. Apparently Dom's birthday was sometime this week and there was a cake. There was like zero noise or action or anything. I guess she got a cake during the 4th stuff yesterday?

Paul pressed Jason again (a little softer than usual) saying the vote is safe and Jason should make sure he's on the right side. Paul assures him that Jason and Alex aren't on anyone's radar and its all about COdy and Jess. He advises Jason to just lay back the next two weeks, let it happen, and then build the game. That's actually really good advice.

Mark went off to shave in HOH but then comes back to Dom and Matt to tell them that Cody asked if they were still good and Mark said yeah. Mark says they think they have the numbers and Dom and Matt are proud and amused to all hell. Matt thought they knew Christmas was staying and is highly amused by learning there's going to be a blindside tomorrow. Matt has no idea how they think they could have Josh's vote after making GBS threads on him for 2 weeks. Mark tells a story about how Josh was completely flustered by Cody and Jess and can't handle the game, which is hilarious because now we know Josh is snowing Mark too. Dom is shocked that "a military mind" could be this lost.

Cody's nervous because he pulls Ramses into HOH and asks "please tell me you still have your vote tomorrow." Apparently Cody and Jessica are the only two people in the house who don't know what Ramses' Curse is. Cody's really rattled and claiming that the other side used him and dropped him once he had done their work. Now they have a devious plan to put them on Have Nots to torture poor Jessica.

Mark (and Dom) pull Josh aside to work him on the vote. Josh plays dumb like a God damned champ and lets them work him. Its really beautiful. Eventually Josh starts getting a little more honest and talks about how Cody and Jess treated him like poo poo and Christmas is the one who reached out to him and got him out of his rut. Josh leaves and Matt joins. Dom says she thinks Josh should go to jury. Matt has no problem with that. Mark says he's a good kid who just has to cool down with the innuendos and his behavior. That's one hell of a turnaround for Josh.

Cody tells Jess he can't wait to see reactions. Cody wants to tell everyone to be really nice to Christmas and set her up for a blindside. Jess says Paul probably has them all convinced she's safe. Cody thinks Paul's whole game is going to fall apart and he'll come back to them.
Mark and Dom tell Matt that Cody told Jason he wants to play the game with loyalty and trust and build a good group.
Matt: Are you serious? This guy's a nutjob.

Matt: I'm upset because I just can't believe I made this big of a misjudgement. I think I'm usually better than that.
Dom: ME TOO!
Mark: How do you think I feel? I had the nerve to tell you, Raven, and Elena "vote to keep her, I'll vote to support Cody". How do you think I feel?

Mark: If Cody comes to me tomorrow, I'm going to say a plane flew over with a banner telling me to vote Jillian out.

Mark wonders if Cody would be doing this if Jess wasn't in the game. Matt thinks Cody's too far gone to blame it all on Jess. Matt tells Dom that Cody was just bringing Alex and Jason in to cut Jess and others. Mark doesn't know what to think of Cody/Alex and they all say they don't talk with Alex. Dom thinks she'd be more receptive to a guy because "guys like girls and girls like guys." Lots of general talk about how none of them really interact with Alex and can't really deal with her unique nature. They agree that if the votes are off Josh and Jason will be the suspects. That sounds good for Kevin, but I think after the last few days Paul and Christmas will back Josh over Kevin and they kind of have the most influential power in this group.

Cody's all wired and saying he can't wait to see the reactions tomorrow.

Cody: By a vote of 7-5, Christmas is evicted. Booom!
Jess: There's going to be tears.
Cody: I'm just going to react like...
Jess: Elena and Raven are going to cry.
Cody: Good. Want to keep your spirits up? They picked the wrong side. They ditched their loving friend.

Jess: What are you, a Dragon Ball Z character?
Cody: What the gently caress is that? I swear, half the time you're just making up words.

Matt has been whining all day that he doesn't understand how the live eviction show and HOH can be live when all the production stuff and comps take so long to do. Dom finally suggests that they can do a practice run and set stuff up. No one has thus far pointed out that the person can be evicted at like half after and the HOH 20 minutes later. But Matt is also convinced every comp will be a long physical one and doesn't seem to realize the existence of quick mental/5050/carnival comps. Matt's basically Super Recruit.

Christmas tells Matt and Dom that Josh is enjoying the positive interactions and reinforcements in the house now. Dom says he's "growing up."

Josh pulls Christmas aside to tell her about the Cody/Jess talk last night and again saying he's with her and Paul. Christmas says things might get shaky after the vote with Alex and Jessica. They feel bad Jillian is the victim of this. Josh indicates he doesnt trust Matt but he trusts Mark, "but he doesn't trust me." Chris asks what Josh would do with HOH and Josh says Jess/Pawn and backdoor Cody. Chris says they'll talk if it happens and promises him safety under "my six". Chris says if Alex and Jess go out in HOH she'd love for them to throw it to her. Josh says he's loving this game and thanks Christmas for getting him out of his rut and helping her so much. Its a good general game talk that goes well. For the most part.

Cody and Jess plot their boot order. They don't get far. Its all about Matt. They loving hate Matt. Jess insists that they have to take Alex out too as they're the "leaders" of both sides (the notion of Matt being the leader of his group is amazing as it shows they don't even know the dynamics in their own former alliance). They continue to watch the TV and cackle. Cody thinks Mark is being tortured "down there." Jess is sure they've commented on how they haven't been around and "in reality" their pieces are all in place and they don't have to do anything. Jess says they're playing Big Brother and everyone else is just eating and cleaning. Cody thinks when Paul is gone everyone will look to them and Mark as leaders. They start bashing Jason out of nowhere because everyone sucks. Cody calls him a "twat." Jess brings up Toilet-Gate. Cody again speculating that Paul actually isn't coming for him at all and will want to work with him. Cody and Paul "have a good understand."

Then Cody and Jess leave the HOH for like the second time today to get some food.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 6, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh pulls Jason and Alex into storage room separately and tells them they have to stick together with Kevin and stay strong. Jason says to make sure he votes out Christmas or his "rear end is grass." Alex says she'd like to work with Paul "but he wants to save Christmas and she's lame." Josh and Christmas literally planned this in their talk to steel up the outsiders trust and cover Josh's rear end a little. So I'm assuming that's all part of the plan. Josh does let out a "gently caress!" after Jason's talk so maybe he's nervous about taking heat from them. Josh is just REALLY convincing. Although I'm starting to notice the difference that when he's telling the truth he seems to settle down and get focused and when he's bullshitting he tends to get overexcited and talk real fast.

Elena's having some long talk with Dom and Christmas. I find it hard to follow both Elena and Dom conversations so I haven't been too tuned in. It seems to be all about Ramses and Dom trying to convince Elena to cut him. No one cares about Ramses except Elena, Dom, and Mark.

Cody and Jess briefly "socialize" (sit silently) in the parlor with the outsiders but then bail five minutes later when they find out people are collecting in the room for Dom's "show."

Alex, Jason, and Ramses discuss that if things go wrong Thursday and the other side wins HOH they're hosed. Then Alex tells them about the incredible differences between modern BB and BB1.

Have I ever mentioned how Kevin routinely puts on a 3 piece suit to be around the house?

Kevin: Its called getting dressed up.

Kev braves the HOH to tell the King and Queen that Dom's show is gonna happen and get to come (he's making the rounds). Jess does her best kiss up and says if Kevin wants her to come she will. Cody does his best Cody and says he doesn't want to make things weird.

Alex: Kevin still does not believe that I'm a planted CIA agent here to arrest him for a murder he committed in 1972.

That was oddly specific, Alex.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody and Jess are holed up in HOH and comment that the house atmosphere will be better when Christmas is gone, you know, since she's such a toxic presence. Ironically the majority of the house is socializing together in the parlor doing Dom's talk show thing. Jessica again expresses her very clear desire to see Elena and Raven cry tomorrow. Then Jess tries to talk Cody into showering with her and I tune out from the creep show.

Elena's still on edge about Jess causing a scene but Mark tells her they're not going to do that before eviction because they think they have the vote 7-5 with him and Josh. Mark says they'll freak out when they hear 10-2. I have no idea how Mark got to that number. Christmas is counting 8-4 or 9-3 because Jason and Kevin have both promised her their votes but I guess Mark thinks he can scare Ramses into voting their way? That's new. Mark's got a bad read and very low key thinks he can bully everyone in the house. Its a bad leftover habit from the Cody alliance.

Jillian tells Ramses her speech is going to "be bad" and that she's going to call out a Mark/Dom alliance or something? I can't tell if she's joking or not.

The outsiders are putting pressure on Josh to stand firm and Josh his keeping up his "we gotta stay together." Again, its all rhetoric with the outsiders and no info or actual game talk like with Christmas and Paul (or even Dom/Mark earlier) so I'm assuming that's still holding.

Outsiders are pretty confident about the vote and Jillian keeps talking about rocking the house. Josh is blindsiding some half of the house hard tomorrow night. And maybe all the feedsters. I wouldn't put it entirely past Josh to be just loving with everyone.

Jason tells an amazing story about how he wanted to buy his wife a rabbit skin throw but it was too expensive so instead he bought 60 rabbits off of Craig's List to kill, skin, and eat. But making a rug is hard so instead he bought a couch and would call over his friends to drink beer and watch them gently caress funny and kill their own babies. Eventually he got tired of feeding them so he set them all free.

He also once sold his favorite goat to a really handsome guy who may or may not have bought it to gently caress.

He also thinks horse meat is really healthy and horse urine is medicinally valuable.

I can't do justice to the great Whistlenut Rabbit rant of BB19.

All I can do is say that Jillian spent the whole time whining that it was mean and I want her gone so much now.

Kevin: Are you near Wyoming?
Jason: No, I'm like 10 hours away.
Kevin: You're 500 miles from Wyoming?
Jason: I'm like 900 miles from Wyoming.
Kevin: And its 10 hours? That's 90 MPH! You killing people on the highways too?

Kevin: Ramses, you should invest in Carmex.
Ramses: Carmex all over my lips!
Christmas: I wouldn't say it quite like that.

I should sleep. There's going to be a hard press tomorrow from both sides. Josh seems like he's keeping Christmas but I'm only really 70/30 or 80/20 about that. He's in really deep with the outsiders tonight and is going to take some heat tomorrow if he betrays them, but he's also really in deep with Paul and Christmas and is going to piss off more people and bigger players if he betrays them. But Josh is living dangerously and doing something crazy so what's doing something else crazy?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The tough part about just reading recaps instead of being able to stay up for late night feeds is not knowing how sincere Josh is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Staying up doesn't help a lot. Josh is tough to read.

After I went to bed he told the cameras he was torn. He seemed to have a good read on the house and gist of it is he wanted to keep his word to Christmas and Paul and stay loyal to them but he knows the cool kids don't have any use for him and thinks he has a better chance in game with the outsiders. Alex and Jillian worked him a little and seemed to make some progress. The big thing is that afterwards Alex and Jillian told each other that they were just placating Josh and they have no more use for him than the cool kids do. So either way Josh goes he's an expendable number but he seems to feel most connection to Christmas. This morning he reassured Christmas she was safe and then told Cody that his "allies" were gunning for him so its your guess where he is.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Cody is convinced he's going to have to break a tie tonight and evict Christmas.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back after HOH lockdown. Cody seemed welcoming to everyone.

Mark has to convince Christmas to let him help her with her suitcase. She holds the door open for him.

Paul reassured Josh that he should stay good with the numbers this week, let Cody and Jess be targets, and use the next couple of weeks to regroup with people he trusts. Josh again says Paul and Christmas are the ones he trusts. He says he knows he's going to be in a bad place after this vote but he just doesn't want to go up as a pawn. Paul assures him he's not going up as a pawn and tells him not to worry because the sides are going to break down. So Josh leaning to keeping Christmas?

Christmas confides in the cameras that she has the "worst possible break" and "most painful break" in her foot. But Christmas has a bit of over the topness to her so that might be BS. She gives a big "every day I work to try and make the world better" and "she's excited to make deeper connections and help people" speech. Christmas is not lacking in self confidence.

Josh then gets with Mark and Mark does a rare good job with him saying that they just mess around and pushing the target on Cody. Mark assures him he's not a target.

Kevin really, really reassures Christmas that she has his vote. I don't know why Kevin's doing. He's selling it hard both ways and its going to hurt him after the vote whoever stays, IMO. We'll see.

Matt and Mark discuss Josh and that they both assured him he was safe with them. They seem sincere. They're focused on Cody and he's been pissing them off. Matt says something about Cody's mind being messed up by war and BB mercifully kicks to fish.

Christmas confides with Matt that she's feeling weird about Kevin. Matt says Kevin's concern is her foot and that its purely about caring for her. They think they have him. Kevin's snowing someone.

Mark: I talked to Josh. I talked to Mike.
Elena: Who's Mike?

Christmas double checks with Paul and he laughs and says he's been working harder than her to keep her. Christmas says it hasn't been overlooked. Paul advises her to lay out her agenda clearly, name her targets, call them out... make it obvious she's not a threat to others and it works. He says Jillian's not going to play that aggressively. Its a little late for that advice but I guess he means in her final plea speech. Not as if anyone changes their mind at that point.

Cody and Jess have been forced out of HOH and have to coexist with the peasants and they're visibly unhappy. Jess wishes she could fast forward 6 hours.

Mark: Is it too soon to start putting my stuff in Jillian's draw?
Christmas: Yes. Don't do that.

Kevin tells Alex and Jason the vote's going to be close and Josh better stay in track. Alex complains about him telling Cody stuff this morning. Jillian comes in and is all pissed off and mad at someone and flipping the finger. Alex tells her to chill the gently caress out and play like someone on the block. If Jillian stays its going to be the least earned save in BB history.

We join a Kevin and Paul conversation where Paul is saying "Matt? Matt and Cody don't like each other." I'm not sure what that was but I think Kevin was trying to come up with an excuse for why his vote's going to go wrong and it didnt work. Not sure.

Kevin tells Jason he thinks they're in trouble. Jason assures him its 6-6 and Cody will break the tie. I can't tell if Kevin is playing games or is a confused old man. Kevin says it doesn't really matter who goes home but its going to piss off Paul, but Jason thinks he's been careful with his words.

Kevin tells Cody its 6-6, Cody's still hoping for Mark but he's fine with 6-6 because he'd love to make a speech to rub it in. "loving bitch." Kevin's nervous about Josh and Ramses. Cody says they have to be smart enough to know they'd get picked off.

Cody tells Alex he hopes they have Mark and he thinks he's just playing the other side but he keeps giving Cody "the glance." Cody says he's going to hide in the Have Not room the rest of the day.

Cody: I have no safe space. Like some loving millennial.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
As someone who hosed up his achilles tendon on Memorial Day weekend, I have all the sympathy in the world for Christmas. I had my summer derailed, but she had her summer + her one shot at Big Brother derailed (unless there's all-stars or she comes back as a vet). That really sucks, and I give her credit for coming right back and sticking with it. At some point she may just mentally crash, when it really starts to sink in. I'm rooting for her though, and I don't think her edit is really showing how much she's connected with people (based purely on STAC's recaps). Right now they just have her framed as this one-dimensional, GRRL-POWER-filled sassy woman.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Despite what she might say, I can't imagine that they would let her stay in the game if she would potentially have a cast on for the whole game. She's probably being dramatic and they expect it to come off in the next few weeks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raven: Did they approach you again about your vote?
Matt: Hell no!

For some reason Matt thinks the vote could be 11-1. Cool kids are cocky in ways that don't really make sense. He thinks Alex is voting out Jillian? Christmas thinks it "should be" 9-3 (Kevin and Jason). She's clearly nervous about that. Matt and Christmas discuss the absurdity of Cody telling Josh that "there was a nine person alliance and that was unfair so Cody wanted to break it up." Matt thinks Mark is going to throttle Cody.

Jillian: Who's the Pope now?
Kevin: Who's the Pope?!
Ramses: Don't they switch the Pope from country to country?
Alex (who is Catholic and is currently saying the rosary) explains the concept of the College of Cardinals and how a Pope is chosen but no one listens. Alex's pretty serious because she's talking like catechisms and poo poo. Jillian keeps insisting on calling the Popes "Benedicto" and "Francisco" while repeatedly asking who the Pope is.
Kevin: I'm a devout Catholic.
Jillian: Me too.

Cody gives Josh a pep talk that he's a big threat and needs to go stretch and hydrate. Josh asks Cody what happened with the whole alliance blow up and Cody just says "I chose you over them." I'm choosing to believe that Josh is smart enough to see this is a lie and that Christmas, Paul, Mark, Dom, and now even Matt are actually willing to talk to him.

Josh: I got a lot of respect for you bud, and everything you tell me... even though you don't talk to me much.. it clicks.
Cody: ...

Josh tells the cameras that he's keeping Christmas. He says he needs to keep the outsiders thinking he kept Jillian but prove his loyalty to Christmas and Paul and try to play things week by week. Josh says Cody's a target for him but he might leave him alone as a target. He's nervous but he seems sure. Josh says he actually believes Cody but he hosed it up by isolating him. He doesn't think Christmas is playing him and thinks she'll protect him a little. He loves Jillian but she's not a player. He says he doesn't want to put all his "eggs in one basket" so he trusts Paul and Christmas but won't be content with that and is going hard for HOH. Josh says he "knows" that Paul and Christmas would have stuck their necks out for him if he didn't have safety like he's doing for them and thinks the showmances are "going to crack."

So sounds like Christmas is staying, but I wouldn't necessarily put money on it. Josh is clearly not 100%.

Lets sum up Week 1 of BB19.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Please Josh. Make Cody squirm tonight.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah I just want Cody and Jessica's fall from HOH to be as hard as possible

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Christmas and want her to stay, but I was really nervous last night less that she'd go home and more that Jessica and Cody would win this battle.

They're SO smug and SUCH douchebags that I desperately need them to lose this tonight. If Josh flips and keeps Jillian the two of them are going to be absolutely unbearable and I might have to take a break from feeds very early in the season. And it will solidify their alliance with the outsiders and give them a fair amount of control in the game.

I'm really hoping for a big "loving COCK-A-ROACHES!" reaction here. The very first night I watched BB feeds was that night and everything since has been a sad letdown. I'm thinking Cody and Jessica might... MIGHT set a new bar for me tonight.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Despite what she might say, I can't imagine that they would let her stay in the game if she would potentially have a cast on for the whole game. She's probably being dramatic and they expect it to come off in the next few weeks.

Maybe, but three weeks is a long time for someone who is used to being as active as she is. Also, they have nothing to lose by leaving her in--either she overcomes it and she's a great story, or she eliminates herself in one way or another and it's tough luck. They already lost two people (with a third potentially not-her tonight), might as well keep her around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly the way Christmas is talking she seems like she's not really thinking she's going to make it all the way. Some of that may be just block talk but she was saying a lot of "give me one more week" and "I can be the first one in Jury." I think she was really being driven by the desire to stick it to Cody and Jessica with everything they had done and she's going to feel like poo poo if they succeed in sending her home. After that I wouldn't be SUPER surprised if she pulled out of the game or was ok with just going to Jury.

She may also just realize that she's not going to be able to win any of those comps that involve running or collecting things and they make up a lot of the late stage comps. So the only chance she has to make it deep in the game is to be "taken" or to play herself as helpless and just trying to play it out.

Part of why I want Christmas around (besides to stick it to Cody and Jess) is to see what she can do without winning comps. Plenty of winners and great players have done it strategically, Christmas just has to do it by necessity.

And yeah, I think BB really didn't want to lose a second person in Week 1 without an eviction.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm not ready to let go of the unused Christmas puns.

Fear of that broken foot made for a white Christmas!

Only half of the house wants to have Christmas in July!

The War against Christmas is heating up!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My life seriously does not need a cat right now, but those little furballs on live feeds are so, so tempting :3:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I still hate Paul more than Cody and Jessica so I wouldn't mind seeing Christmas get evicted. Although I wouldn't really be upset if she stayed either since she's a lot more interesting than Jillian.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

I like Christmas and want her to stay, but I was really nervous last night less that she'd go home and more that Jessica and Cody would win this battle.

They're SO smug and SUCH douchebags that I desperately need them to lose this tonight. If Josh flips and keeps Jillian the two of them are going to be absolutely unbearable and I might have to take a break from feeds very early in the season. And it will solidify their alliance with the outsiders and give them a fair amount of control in the game.

I'm really hoping for a big "loving COCK-A-ROACHES!" reaction here. The very first night I watched BB feeds was that night and everything since has been a sad letdown. I'm thinking Cody and Jessica might... MIGHT set a new bar for me tonight.

Thank you for all the recaps and GIFs. They're hilarious.

Is it possible to go back and watch the feeds to see the Cody/Jessica meltdown? If so, where should I start? Normally I wait until later in the season to jump on the feeds, but I already can't stand Cody and would love to see him lose his mind in an extended fashion. Also, how did you find out that he had a kid? Did he tell someone?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Those stairs in the house seem like they would even be a REAL bitch for someone on crutches.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'd just cling to the railing and hop up/down, ask somebody else to bring the crutches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There might be like a production elevator or something that they can let her use. Something they use to move equipment and props upstairs. That would be funny.

Otherwise one of the big guys could piggy back her or people can help her. But the spiral staircase is a pain in the rear end to hop up and kind of dangerous. I'm sure she could do it but it would be a massive pain in the rear end and an exhausting ordeal.

But I wouldn't put it past Christmas to do it a couple of times a day.

Propaganda Machine posted:

My life seriously does not need a cat right now, but those little furballs on live feeds are so, so tempting :3:

Seriously. Usually watching BB feeds makes me feel like exercising when I watch them working out or I pick up some new recipe from something they're making. This summer I'm really getting in the mood to adopt a pet.

Mr. BT posted:

Thank you for all the recaps and GIFs. They're hilarious.

Is it possible to go back and watch the feeds to see the Cody/Jessica meltdown? If so, where should I start? Normally I wait until later in the season to jump on the feeds, but I already can't stand Cody and would love to see him lose his mind in an extended fashion. Also, how did you find out that he had a kid? Did he tell someone?
Yeah, feeds have a Flashback feature that let you go back to any specific time or place.

But I'm not sure how you'd flashback to the meltdown though because its really been the last 72 hours straight or so. They've just been sitting in HOH for 3 days straight gradually losing their minds. But it all basically starts Sunday night/Monday morning around 1 AM when Christmas "threatened" Jess after she had spent the entire day failing to turn Matt/Raven/Elena against Christmas. That's when she really lost it and got on Cody's same crazy wavelength. And that's when Cody started talking a lot. But all the comments have been nonstop through the week. There's been like a steady feed on them for days just ranting and wallowing in anger while going mad in isolation.

Cody told Jessica he had a kid, but I think it was part of his official CBS bio. He came into the house hiding Air Force experience he claims to have (I have my questions), his kid, and lying about his age (he's 32, he claims he's 26 or something). He confessed it all to Jessica during their 3 day lockdown.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 7, 2017

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I really want a Christmas HOH, for maximum Cody/Jess freakout. Paul would also be acceptable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Week 2
- Christmas HOH. Nominates Jessica and Kevin/Jason with the plan to backdoor Cody. Jess and Cody wallow in Have Nots.
- Cody wins POV and pulls off Jessica. Ramses goes home as the replacement or the Curse because he's useless.

Week 3
- Jessica wins HOH and goes full terror. She takes out one of Matt/Mark/Raven/Elena.
- Cody and Jessica spend all week in HOH talking about going back-to-back the rest of the way and how Paul is vulnerable next week.

Week 4
- Paul or Josh win HOH, nominates Cody and Jessica to avoid the same mistake as last time.
- I'm undecided who goes home but they spend all week going mad in Have Nots.
- Paul spends all week going power mad, being a vulgar rear end in a top hat to Cody/Jess, and painting new targets and turns the house against him.

Week 5
- Alex wins HOH and sends Paul to the Jury.

There's probably a Battle Back or Temptation or something that screws that all up but that's the loose outline of how I think this can go for maximum entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

- Cody wins POV and pulls off Jessica.

I do not want this to happen, but I could see like 5 cycles of this with Jody DRs/bitchfests about how they have the game on total lock even though everybody else is bad and dumb.

• Locked thread