Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

There is a new thread Sherif in town ...

(Free Marching Powder! ..... Then exile him again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

hey bro I don't know if you need a certain amount of people to tell you before it clicks but stop being a weird creepy rear end in a top hat, thanks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
I'm still a bit confused about the way they expect all this data to work.

I mean you've got (allegedly) got 64 bit precision so ship data 1 plus whatever projectile data 1 to ship data 2 plus whatever fidelity impact zone and or projectile data.

From all the bullshit they are saying, we would have to assume around 1 - 3MB/s of total data being transmitted client to server and back. Notice per second.

My networking is pretty rusty but quick head calcs (not including packet sizes, headers, MUX whatever compression) would come to the conclusion that you simply can't transmit this much data for over say... 10 ships in combat over consumer grade transmission mediums.

If someone could actually get the packet sizes and everything I could probably do the calcs to prove its impossible to have 30 ships in combat with stations etc mining going on even using instancing which they reckon they aren't using.

I'm pretty sure you could make a cool space game with the assets they have already but its still impossible to do like 50% of what they are promising. Anyone who has done networking101 should know this so I don't get how the networking dudes at CIG aren't leaving in droves.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Baxta posted:

I don't get how the networking dudes at CIG aren't leaving in droves.

They never had droves of network programmers to begin with. So it's more a trickling of leavers.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
CIG network team is probably a dude working on the gamescom demo right now.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

CIG network team is probably a dude working on the gamescom demo right now.

Fingers crossed he doesn't fall of he's bike and break both wrist's.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

hey bro I don't know if you need a certain amount of people to tell you before it clicks but stop being a weird creepy rear end in a top hat, thanks

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804088&pagenumber=12&perpage=40#post468002124

Yet i'm the weird n creepy person....

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
It's OK, you can BOTH be creepy!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

Fingers crossed he doesn't fall off his bike and break both wrists.

:argh:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156824309?t=12m54s

:gary: :yarg: :yarg:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax came out shortly after that and defended the ability to use the word retard, and i stand by that post and don't see how it's some kind of takedown against me.

But since we are mocking a videogame, let me break it down for you since you are too weird and creepy to get it

Her publicly obtainable school records show she's alot more older then that, the hard part was finding 1 of her parents surnames
We are mocking a videogame, not looking up her school records and her parents surnames

The Surname Gardiner is not her actual maiden name. Not to mention the waybackmachine has a defunct child actor/modelling agency
Hey, we are kinda mocking a videogame here? Not digging up agencies tangentially related to someone related to the videogame

that used to be prominent back in the days and in 1 such catalog she appears in it with her current age at the time and the year the catalog was made.
Oh you went as far to actually find the catalogs, weird. Creepy.

It's just words brah, i could of included links uploaded the various img files and other video's that haven't been shown in either threads
Oh hey maybe don't dig up various links and pictures of someone because we are just mocking a videogame?

i have etc pertaining to a public figure whom has made various aspects of there live available to the public on various platforms but i knew snowflakes would call DOX DOX DOX... Build a bridge and get over it mate.
Just because they are a public figure doesn't mean you can stalk them! Digging through their background for any information you can find is weird and creepy.

I take it seeing as your a lawyer Toast you are up to date with slander/defamation cases right ? Not to mention when you typed that msg and posted it hopefully it wasn't on company time or on a company issued device or from an IP connected to the company your currently working at, well i'm sure you can see where that would take us right ?

Do you have some kind of condition where you are unable to separate the internet and real life? How about slander laws in relation to me calling you a weird creepy rear end in a top hat because that's what you are being. Stop digging up personal information and anything you can find about someone related to a videogame we are making fun of and running back to the thread like a cat dropping your weird stalkerish findings like some kind of poo poo encrusted mouse that only you are proud to be in possession of you creepy creepy gently caress.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Thinking about it, Star Citizen development is a flight model unto itself. It has pitch, bank and yaw(n).

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Thinking about it, Star Citizen development is a flight model unto itself. It has pitch, bank and yaw(n).
And lots of stalling.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Some time ago g0rf did a wonderful rewrite of Lola in honour of our most persistent shill and for some reason I felt the need to do my own version. It's funny how similar they are even though I haven't seen g0rf's post for a year.

I met him in a thread down in old SA
Where the games aren't real and it sends you into a coma
C O M A Coma
He quoted my lines and he asked me to dance
I asked him his name and in a legal sense he said MoMa
M O M A MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa

Well I'm not the world's most sarcastic guy
But when he talked that poo poo I nearly laughed till I cried
Oh my MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why he thinks he's a lawyer but he post with one hand
He's pulling MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa

Well we played with schedules and patched all night
Wasted a million megabytes
He yelled at Derek almost constantly
And made wild claims about release number three
Well I'm not the world's most cynical guy
But I can't read his history and not think he's deluded oh my MoMa
Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa
MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa
Sometimes he is good
Sometimes he is bad
Most times he forgets
The last dumb thing he wrote
And then you remind him with a quote

Well that's the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my MoMa
Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa
Shills will be fools and fools will be shills
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for MoMa
Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa

Well I've trawled the net for twenty years
And I've not seen a case of illusion this clear
But Moma smiles he's got a master plan
About how he's grown-up and we don't understand

Well I'm not the world's most accomplished man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm not him
But not my MoMa

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ewe2 posted:

Some time ago g0rf did a wonderful rewrite of Lola in honour of our most persistent shill and for some reason I felt the need to do my own version. It's funny how similar they are even though I haven't seen g0rf's post for a year.

I met him in a thread down in old SA
Where the games aren't real and it sends you into a coma
C O M A Coma
He quoted my lines and he asked me to dance
I asked him his name and in a legal sense he said MoMa
M O M A MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa

Well I'm not the world's most sarcastic guy
But when he talked that poo poo I nearly laughed till I cried
Oh my MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why he thinks he's a lawyer but he post with one hand
He's pulling MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa

Well we played with schedules and patched all night
Wasted a million megabytes
He yelled at Derek almost constantly
And made wild claims about release number three
Well I'm not the world's most cynical guy
But I can't read his history and not think he's deluded oh my MoMa
Sometimes he is good
Sometimes he is bad
Most times he forgets
The last dumb thing he wrote
And then you remind him with a quote

Well that's the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my MoMa
Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa
Shills will be fools and fools will be shills
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for MoMa
Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo MoMa

Well I've trawled the net for twenty years
And I've not seen a case of illusion this clear
But Moma smiles he's got a master plan
About how he's grown-up and we don't understand

Well I'm not the world's most accomplished man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm not him
But not my MoMa

this needs to be in the OP too

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6ljur7/why_is_star_citizen_popular/

:allears:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

What do you mean do some hair first? I am sure customizable eyes will make our bald clones look more distinct...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hair 2.0 will be 50 styles of eyelashes, one style of pubes, and that's it.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I guess 'shorn' is technically a style.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Hey MoMA, it's second half of 2017 now, CIG haven't released poo poo since your great prediction except dumb awkward videos. Are you going to address the questions about your "quote me on this" post or are you a lying sack of poo poo?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CrazyTolradi posted:

Hey MoMA, it's second half of 2017 now, CIG haven't released poo poo since your great prediction except dumb awkward videos. Are you going to address the questions about your "quote me on this" post or are you a lying sack of poo poo?

You have to be fair dude, give him a deadline to answer and if no answer comes then he is GUILTY AS CHARGED.
I'd give him 5 hours, that seems fair :smug:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
MoMA is a testament to CIG's open development, that even with his supposed insider information (lol) he doesn't know poo poo about the game.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Derek just needs to call him out and he'll answer within 5 minutes

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

The Titanic posted:

This is exactly the sort of detail an MMO is going to have. They don't do this today though because nobody ever thought "well what if we just use the high detail models we make for normal maps for everything?"

And for that, thanks you Chris Roberts. I'm confident your product will be the best thing ever because nobody ever just stopped and said "well what if we do anyway???" while stomping their foot and also not understanding what they were talking about.

Someone must've shown Chris Roberts the Black Desert Online character creation tool, where you can make beauties like this ...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

You have to be fair dude, give him a deadline to answer and if no answer comes then he is GUILTY AS CHARGED.

Now that's just mean :D

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

quote:

tastychicken posted:

This is exactly the sort of detail an MMO is going to have. They don't do this today though because nobody ever thought "well what if we just use the high detail models we make for normal maps for everything?"

And for that, thanks you Chris Roberts. I'm confident your product will be the best thing ever because nobody ever just stopped and said "well what if we do anyway???" while stomping their foot and also not understanding what they were talking about.

Someone must've shown Chris Roberts the Black Desert Online character creation tool, where you can make beauties like this ...

that thing is the greatest thing produced for an mmo ever. the character creator is amazing

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Space Crabs posted:

i tried to warn you all

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

CrazyTolradi posted:

what does your heart tell you?

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Ramadu posted:

that thing is the greatest thing produced for an mmo ever. the character creator is amazing

But the mass PVP events are lag-fests.

Good luck, Star Citizen....

I'm joking. It's hosed, and is never going to happen!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Happy July Blog Day everyone!!

On this day two years ago, I wrote the Interstellar Citizens blog which sparked a massive debacle (which is still raging) over the project's viability and promise. To mark this occasion, I have added an update (scroll to the bottom) of where things stand, to my How I Got Involved article.

Enjoy!

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

notoriousman posted:

MoMA is a testament to CIG's open development, that even with his supposed insider information (lol) he doesn't know poo poo about the game.
lol :5:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
probably should ban that manofalias guy. pedophilia accusations are serious, and doing it for shits and giggles aint cool.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

peter gabriel posted:

Make it 5 hours and 1 second after Derek's next post,that way he's guaranteed to be able to use the full 5 hours to plan his response

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ArfJason posted:

probably should ban that manofalias guy. pedophilia accusations are serious, and doing it for shits and giggles aint cool.

I'm not owned! I'm not owned! I scream, as I slowly morph into yet another QCS thread.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

On this day two years ago, I wrote the Interstellar Citizens blog which sparked a massive debacle (which is still raging) over the project's viability and promise. To mark this occasion, I have added an update (scroll to the bottom) of where things stand, to my How I Got Involved article.

Enjoy!

Quoting so this doesn't get buried at the bottom of last page.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
what?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

D_Smart posted:

Enjoy!

Called it.

radd posted:

So a 33% blow out in time.

SQ42 was due to release in November 2014, two years after the initial funding campaign completed. A 33% increase would be an additional 8 months, so July 2015 (was there a blog released around then?)

We're now two years past that, so 233% increase in time, and we're still nowhere near release.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Baxta posted:

I'm still a bit confused about the way they expect all this data to work.

I mean you've got (allegedly) got 64 bit precision so ship data 1 plus whatever projectile data 1 to ship data 2 plus whatever fidelity impact zone and or projectile data.

From all the bullshit they are saying, we would have to assume around 1 - 3MB/s of total data being transmitted client to server and back. Notice per second.

My networking is pretty rusty but quick head calcs (not including packet sizes, headers, MUX whatever compression) would come to the conclusion that you simply can't transmit this much data for over say... 10 ships in combat over consumer grade transmission mediums.

If someone could actually get the packet sizes and everything I could probably do the calcs to prove its impossible to have 30 ships in combat with stations etc mining going on even using instancing which they reckon they aren't using.

I'm pretty sure you could make a cool space game with the assets they have already but its still impossible to do like 50% of what they are promising. Anyone who has done networking101 should know this so I don't get how the networking dudes at CIG aren't leaving in droves.

Yeah well if YOURE so smart why don't YOU make Star Citizen huh?!?!?!?!

Ha, got'em! :smuggo:

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
brb setting up a kickstarter

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Welcome back, Arf. I hope you've been well.