Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I wish there was a way to hook up my credit card to my Switch so whenever a new game was added to the eShop it'd automatically dl to my Switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo released their list of top downloads.

1. Snipperclips
  2. Minecraft
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
And more.

Goddamn Minecraft at #2, a game that has been released on every platform. Jesus that game is popular.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You could play Minecraft on other platforms before, but now you can play it in a thematically appropriate location... like a mine or quarry

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Whoever was looking to buy a microSD card, Samsung EVO+ are on sale at Best Buy today only (it's their deal of the day.) $44 for 128GB.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Actually just played Minecraft for the first time on the switch, was disappointed on the lack of content compared to say Terraria.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wheany posted:

Goddamn Minecraft at #2, a game that has been released on every platform. Jesus that game is popular.

I bet it'll catch up to Zelda overall when it's released physically.

I forgot Suda was also making stuff on Switch. The Switch really is good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

EpicNemesis posted:

I think it's a combination of lower profit margin on the digital stuff and their completely insignificant inventory cost.

I'm pulling these two out of my rear end but that's the best I can come up with. None of it makes sense otherwise, especially when you consider that retail PC games get the discounts and those are essentially empty boxes with steam codes these days.

Pc digital is treated like a pysical product whereas the console stuff are treated as two distinct products. I think it's the Xbox One dystopia happened we might have seen the lines blur. Now we are in this weird space where physical games have higher manufacturing and distribution costs while also being cheaper and have aftermarket value. It makes no sense.

It's the convenience store model. You're paying a premium for infinite stock, instant gratification, and 24 hour operation. Supermarkets have the better deals, but you also have to deal with their hours, and the (small) possibility of no stock.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 6, 2017

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ARMS is good.

Not very balanced though.

Ninjara, Ribbon Girl and Cobras everywhere

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

socialsecurity posted:

Actually just played Minecraft for the first time on the switch, was disappointed on the lack of content compared to say Terraria.

That was my reaction too to the base game after I had watched videos of modded Minecraft. But, Mojang has continued to add a whole lot of new content. I think it would be great if the game had some objectives other than the extremely optional one of "go to the end and kill the dragon" that gets you the end credits. Granted, they have added "progressions(?)" in addition to achievements, that could become a kind of directed objective system at some point.

And anyway, it's fun to build giant dick monuments in multiplayer even without clear objectives.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

also there are switch logos on the grips they're using

Screw B1+B2+W101

I want retro Joycons!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Also his mod status

I told you my heel turn was in progress!!!!

:image of man looking to the sky laughing manically with his ill used powers:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ban urself

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

ban urself

Someone has been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I don't self identify as Ban Ur, I'm more a Nora I think.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

XCX's faces were loving atrocious

Yeah but check out this lovingly rendered fried chicken

It's beautiful

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goonament

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Dear Gentlemen and Ladies of this horrible horrible thread. I have decided to purchase Splatoon 2 on the Nintendo Switch despite never playing Splatoon 1 and dying repeatedly on the global test fire. I am doing so because the internet told me that I would be a bad person if I didn't.

Also I have a really long flight coming up and I could really use a farming game (or literally any decent new game to hold me over.)

If you recommend that trash Neo Geo Golf game I will ask Video Games to ban you.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

EpicNemesis posted:

If you recommend that trash Neo Geo Golf game I will ask Video Games to ban you.

*looks happily at his switch with Neo Geo Turf Masters on*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blaster Master Zero is a very very good game you should buy if you like Metroidvania-lites, it's also pretty drat cheap

Puyo Puyo + Tetris is a really rock solid puzzle game

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is the king of roguelikes

Kamiko is good if you want a pretty drat good + cheap game that takes about an hour per playthrough

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Went to London yesterday to meet up with an old university friend. Our time in uni involved a shitload of Mario Kart Wii so I thought I'd surprise him by asking if he wanted to play Mario Kart 8 RIGHT NOW!!!!

So we played a game in a bar. We then tried to move to a pub with a rooftop terrace because The Switch Belongs On A Roof but they were too busy.

Good poo poo though. I have used the console in the advertised unique way. Good.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
drat, were hot 20 somethings standing around you two in total awe ?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Hot 20 somethings were standing around us. But that is only because London is too loving crowded

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is the king of roguelikes

Nethack is the king of roguelikes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'd get Issac for switch if I didn't like the antibirth mod so much more then afterbirth.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm the King of the Switch thread.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Oh hey Platinum Games new twitter is tweeting neat pict-
https://mobile.twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/882798952407416832
:stare:

Don't play me like this with Bayo and W101, Platinum

:eyepop:

Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta on the Switch would be amazing!

Also, what the hell is up with the thread title?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

:eyepop:

Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta on the Switch would be amazing!

A game had boob sliders that are gone now.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Sun hired a gamergater to complain about boob sliders for fake 13-year-olds in translated anime games

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i want everything. bayo 1 and 2, w101 w102 retro joycons gimme everything nintendo. switch only metal gear rising 2: lighting restriking.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You forgot Vanquish :colbert:.

Also an HD version of Infinite Space.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

All I want is The Wonderful 102 for my Wonderful Nintendo Switch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Folt The Bolt posted:

Everytime the Switch thread gets a bit nutty, it gets an equally nutty thread title. I do this for other threads too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
you know in that platinum picture with the famicom joycons, there's a blurred out bit under the tv that looks like a famicom dock, maybe even a famicom switch (with virtual console famicom classic preloaded)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

EpicNemesis posted:

Dear Gentlemen and Ladies of this horrible horrible thread. I have decided to purchase Splatoon 2 on the Nintendo Switch despite never playing Splatoon 1 and dying repeatedly on the global test fire. I am doing so because the internet told me that I would be a bad person if I didn't.

Also I have a really long flight coming up and I could really use a farming game (or literally any decent new game to hold me over.)

You could farm awesomeness from BOTW, but I just assume everyone in this thread has it already.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

EpicNemesis posted:

i highly recommend Neo Turf Masters for your long flight with your Nintendo Switch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i highly recommend Neo Turf Masters for your long flight with your Nintendo Switch.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

VideoGames posted:

Everytime the Switch thread gets a bit nutty, it gets an equally nutty thread title. I do this for other threads too.

Your thread titles are perfect for the Switch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also an HD version of Infinite Space.
Joycons would allow for a VS mode.

• Locked thread