Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

Any one know if that low level claw that triggers abyssal cry on hit in the new beta triggers the zerker war cry passive? Could make a cool regen option when used with shield charge if you are going rf totems.

It triggers berserker passives, guardian passives, diedbellow, and warbands shields. It also has the normal warcry cooldown so you probably want to be a berserker to abuse it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dis astranagant posted:

It triggers berserker passives, guardian passives, diedbellow, and warbands shields. It also has the normal warcry cooldown so you probably want to be a berserker to abuse it anyway.

unless they axe the uber leech I fear there are simply no points left for zerkers (unless you play a non-hitting build like scorching ray or blight, but then the claw would be pointless)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

unless they axe the uber leech I fear there are simply no points left for zerkers (unless you play a non-hitting build like scorching ray or blight, but then the claw would be pointless)

Regular leech, warcry passive, more damage. Claw gets iaoe/void manipulation/poison and is the vast majority of your clearspeed if you build around it.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some of the new supports look potentially broken or must have, Ruthless blow on SRS stunlocking everything they swarm, arcane surge on a movement skill for 40% more damage all the time.

And righteous fire got some hefty nerfs which probably had it coming with how many new things just synergize greatly with it.

I don't think you can use Arcane Surge on a movement skill, unless it's lightning warp (which already needs a 4l to be useable) or Flame Dash

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Jinnigan posted:

I don't think you can use Arcane Surge on a movement skill, unless it's lightning warp (which already needs a 4l to be useable) or Flame Dash

Doesn't have a spell tag or anything that mentions spells in the description, so it's usable with anything unless they royally hosed up their information for it.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
With these RF and CoD nerfs I dunno if my RF CWC Scorching Ray Glacial Cascade elementalist/trickster scion is worth doing in 3.0 :/

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
What exactly was nerfed with RF?

Count Uvula posted:

Doesn't have a spell tag or anything that mentions spells in the description, so it's usable with anything unless they royally hosed up their information for it.

Tags are irrelevant and do not indicate what supports work with what skills.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Magus42 posted:

What exactly was nerfed with RF?

Tags are irrelevant and do not indicate what supports work with what skills.

40% of health as damage and less spell damage buff.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

http://poeurl.com/bmgs please advise me on this glacial cascade tree

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Jinnigan posted:

3l is plenty useful for lightning warp if you don't take any duration nodes. Just pick two of Faster Casting, Less Duration, and Rapid Decay.

That being said, maybe a cwdt+immortal call+arcane surge?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Jinnigan posted:

I just tested it on Shield Charge, and it works. 40% more tooltip on my bladefall totems during the arcane surge buff that shield charging around gets me. I can't tell if this is an oversight or just crazy broken, but I'm going to use the hell out of it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mentat Radnor posted:

I just tested it on Shield Charge, and it works. 40% more tooltip on my bladefall totems during the arcane surge buff that shield charging around gets me. I can't tell if this is an oversight or just crazy broken, but I'm going to use the hell out of it.

It's a dumb oversight

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mr. Whale posted:

40% of health as damage and less spell damage buff.

Ah. Think it'll still be strong enough to build around?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Almost certainly. RF isn't being nerfed because it was too strong on live so much as new and buffed supports like 3.0 burning support or chance to ignite synergize incredibly well with it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Plz no me no want no trouble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlqstoBuEUA

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I'll be around for a bit if anybody wants a beta guild invite. Whisper "Monkey".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'd like to report a hatecrime please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsbCF4J1lEs

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Another one bites the dust!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

TheRat posted:

I'd like to report a hatecrime please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsbCF4J1lEs

A rough day for laddering

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I googled and didn't see anything direct on my idea, but I found a unique wand that supports gems in it with Level 5 Blind. If I put Blasphemy/Flammability linked gem combo in, it's not going to just Blind everyone around when Flammability curse is applied, is it? I guess that's too neat to happen. And I can't fit my Flameblast noncrit totem thing anywhere but my Chest... Would it work on Golems? Eh.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Day 3 of my beta spectral throw raider is going well. Currently level 75, and breezing through maps. Helped that I seemed to grab a nice weapon.

I was had poe.trade on active search looking for high edps weapons. This one far outstripped anything else that had shown up, with over 400 total dps. I bought it for 15c immediately.

With that attack speed, I feel like the buzzsaw part of the elemental buzzsaw is coming together. Chucking this baby at anything and everything.

I am still new to a lot of this. Have never done atziri, or any high end stuff, really. Not really a PoE vet like some of you.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 6, 2017

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Dely Apple posted:

I googled and didn't see anything direct on my idea, but I found a unique wand that supports gems in it with Level 5 Blind. If I put Blasphemy/Flammability linked gem combo in, it's not going to just Blind everyone around when Flammability curse is applied, is it? I guess that's too neat to happen. And I can't fit my Flameblast noncrit totem thing anywhere but my Chest... Would it work on Golems? Eh.

Blind, or any non-curse debuff effect like that, is an "on-hit" effect. Curses and Warcries don't "hit" so they can't apply effects like that. It will work on golems, because golems hit enemies with attacks/spells.

Is that Uber lab in beta right now? Holy crap . . . that's quite a huge change if it stays like that. Oh good, it's just bugged text.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 6, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It's a mistake

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

If that's legit, that's one way to kill off labyrinth enchants, or make it so that the only things that ever get enchanted are cheap unique hats/boots in the slim hope of a 1 in 300 chance of a enchant that is usable.

If that's uber lab only, that's going to make people just run merc labyrinth instead.

Well, nevermind then, it certainly would of killed off uber lab if it wasn't a bug.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 6, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Yo the yurgul fight loving sucks rear end. Imagine trying to do Shaper but the little balls never turn into vortexes that you can manage, you just have to spend the whole fight kiting them, and also, you can't outrun them on 20% movespeed

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

Yo the yurgul fight loving sucks rear end. Imagine trying to do Shaper but the little balls never turn into vortexes that you can manage, you just have to spend the whole fight kiting them, and also, you can't outrun them on 20% movespeed

I saw a video of that fight, I've no idea how a melee is actually supposed to accomplish that fight at all because once your in range of a orb your slowed down enough that the rest catch up and murderize you and the boss seems to be slow enough to stay inside the orbs.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Since brutality support now also nulifies chaos damage, does it affect poison stacks or are ailments fully seperate now?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
If there's spots left in the beta guild, an invite for KatasiGC would be awesome.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ah the classic "no idea how that got there we didn't plan to do this" after a massive negative community reaction to that text SOMEHOW making its way into the game.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just so I'm clear for a build idea, the only way to increase poison damage from an attack now is chaos/ailments/generic damage right? I've got an idea that I need to theorycraft out and it's bow-based chaos/poison.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

A rough day for laddering

I got loving deleted lmao

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Ultima66 posted:

Ah the classic "no idea how that got there we didn't plan to do this" after a massive negative community reaction to that text SOMEHOW making its way into the game.

Given the fact that it didn't actually do anything, I'm inclined to believe them.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Kild posted:

It's a dumb oversight

I think you're probably right but how can "What if they put this on Sheild Charge?" not be a question they ask every time they introduce a new support?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wezlar posted:

I think you're probably right but how can "What if they put this on Sheild Charge?" not be a question they ask every time they introduce a new support?

Same way they actually buffed Blade Vortex. They don't think about poo poo like that unless its like some melee or already bad skill

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
So what are folks thinking they're going to start 3.0 with in light of the changes to everything under the sun?

I'm not in beta so I can't really make any solid plans, but I think I really wanna play with a frostbolt/vortex projection build. I only just finally figured out how exactly frostbolt interacts with vortex and ice nova and it seems like it'd be pretty fun to basically play with PoE's version of the shock rifle. I'd probably just go with a frostbolt totem using the threshold jewel and then trigger vortex on everything while I giggle like a maniac.

Bad idea?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

zxqv8 posted:

So what are folks thinking they're going to start 3.0 with in light of the changes to everything under the sun?

I'm not in beta so I can't really make any solid plans, but I think I really wanna play with a frostbolt/vortex projection build. I only just finally figured out how exactly frostbolt interacts with vortex and ice nova and it seems like it'd be pretty fun to basically play with PoE's version of the shock rifle. I'd probably just go with a frostbolt totem using the threshold jewel and then trigger vortex on everything while I giggle like a maniac.

Bad idea?

cyclone

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I want to do something with Glacial Cascade, since it's a cool-looking skill and apparently has been changed to be a phys spell with cold conversion.

Speaking of, does anyone know how the new Brutality support works with conversion skills? Does the conversion still happen and then get removed by Brutality, effectively halving your damage? Or does Brutality prevent the conversion, so you do full damage, entirely physical?

If it's the latter, Glacial Cascade spell totems with Brutality should be all right, probably with Hierophant for the easy 5-link.

If it's the former, I might do Avatar of Fire and Pyre, which should result in 94% or 95% fire conversion, if I understand conversion right. With Cast while Channel Scorching Ray, perhaps.

If Sabateur gets any buffs, I might do GC mines instead, which also looks cool. I didn't like mines the last time I tried them, though.

Or I could just, like, cast the spell, I guess? I dunno.

As usual, I want to play several different builds, and I'll put of deciding until the last moment, and then be unhappy with my decision.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I haven't been following the beta developments at all, but I'll be something high life high regen high block with gently caress knows what attack skill. I'll die repeatedly in hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I feel like everything you want to do with Glacial Cascade could just be done with EK (nova or otherwise)

• Locked thread