Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/882004286665891841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Not as bad as what I anticipated, honestly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I half-expected him to just be entirely done, so, yeah, I agree.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
edit: wrong thread

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR5YzZcSMlU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Neither Ember Moon nor Ruby Riot should speak ever again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was a good match. Roode is no Asuka, but he's pretty good.

It's kind of a bummer how one of the only guys with a DDT as a finisher in the company always needs to hit it like three times to win the match. :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't watch a lot of NXT, but I really enjoyed that main event.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

They got me for a second

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
God drat I got worked

The Full Sail crowd sucks

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

You know why I call Kassius Ohno "Money"?

Cause that Rolling Elbow is money.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

Neither Ember Moon nor Ruby Riot should speak ever again.

Ruby on the indies had the rep as a really good promo but to me she just had one promo "I am a wrestler who loves to wrestle. People doubted me. But I was born to do this" etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

That was a good match. Roode is no Asuka, but he's pretty good.

It's kind of a bummer how one of the only guys with a DDT as a finisher in the company always needs to hit it like three times to win the match. :v:

He just hasn't mastered it quite like Alexa Bliss.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rovert posted:

Ruby on the indies had the rep as a really good promo but to me she just had one promo "I am a wrestler who loves to wrestle. People doubted me. But I was born to do this" etc.

This is some powerful poo poo.
*single tear rolls down cheek*
*is a massive nerd*

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just turned on NXT and is the crowd not mic'd or something? There is literally no noise from them.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Is Roode vs Roddy done? I don't want to see it again. It makes me feel guilty, too, because that was a pretty good match, but I guess the build just didn't do it for me. Strong's presence just seems a little too forced with the family man shtick. Bring on Drew Mac or Black or something and just have a mean fucker beat Roode's face in.

We get AOP/heavy Machinery next week, right? That should be fun.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Desumaytah posted:

Is Roode vs Roddy done? I don't want to see it again. It makes me feel guilty, too, because that was a pretty good match, but I guess the build just didn't do it for me. Strong's presence just seems a little too forced with the family man shtick. Bring on Drew Mac or Black or something and just have a mean fucker beat Roode's face in.

I don't know this to be fact but what seems to be the plan is Roddy beating Roode for the title at the Summerslam weekend Takeover, Roode to be called up to the main roster after that and then Roddy vs Drew at the Survivor Series weekend Takeover.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd be shocked if Roode got called up

Not upset or disbelieving, mind. Just definitely didn't think it'd be this soon/early (TV debut almost a calendar year ago, August 3 2016), and I take that as a good sign of how impressed they are by him

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Spoilz Unless Drew Mac is also dropping on TV, he's in line for Takeover

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tell you what's frustrating about NXT fans on another site that I post on, they basically decide something on someone and then almost jump through hoops trying to talk them down. Like with Bobby Roode, he had the awesome match vs Itami and everyone was acting like it was some boring plodding match when it was anything but.

Odnet
Mar 17, 2005
Hollerate.
Roddy looked like an idiot with no ring awareness and was beat fair and square by Roode. He should be pushed down the card after that loss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I dug that Roode was such a jerk in getting his win, but it feels like Roddy is probably gonna be put on the backburner for a little while as a result. That's a shame as he was picking up momentum, but it also felt way too soon for him to get the title.

No idea if Roddy as Champ is something they're aiming for anytime soon or whether Drew is the plan, and even that is probably not gonna be too soon.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Roddy is mega over with Shawn Michaels essentially his new protege and with Triple H too. He isn't going on the backburner.

Drew got attacked by Sanity so he's out of the current title picture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ROvl4Bd2c

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can't wait for Roddy to suffer from moderate to severe brain damage and become the next Daniel Brian

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
During the KO/Hideo vs Sanity match, Percy Watson claimed Hideo was using 'Some of the Kobayashi style'. While he is technically accurate, drat he's a bad commentator.

I think the crowd may not have been into the finish as much because it was obvious what happened.....to everyone but Roderick. Stupid babyfaces are hard to cheer for, who'd have thought!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wazzu posted:

During the KO/Hideo vs Sanity match, Percy Watson claimed Hideo was using 'Some of the Kobayashi style'. While he is technically accurate, drat he's a bad commentator.

That was the second time he's said that by the way. So, anyone who didn't call him up on it last time is also to blame.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Itami is actually acknowledged as being Kenta Kobayashi using the ring name Hideo Itami in kayfabe.

Also those Strong video packages aired way back in April. But instead of a 2 month build they did a standard 1 month throwaway title match build stretched out. They had way too many weeks where Roode and/or Strong didn't appear on TV, or whatever they did wasn't memorable.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 6, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roddy's wife is also like best friends with Ronda Rousey so I imagine that will help his cause.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

That was the second time he's said that by the way. So, anyone who didn't call him up on it last time is also to blame.

It's like the 5th time, honestly. And it has to be deliberate because Nigel or Mauro would absolutely have corrected him if he meant Kobashi. (Or, y'know, they'd do pickups as the show's taped)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Roddy's wife is also like best friends with Ronda Rousey so I imagine that will help his cause.

Are they even still angling for something with Ronda? Her loss aside, she seems like way more trouble than she's worth to them and her profile is much lower.

I mean they would almost certainly do it if she approached them but it doesn't seem like they'd bother to persue it now. Maybe if Shayna comes in and can use Ronda for a rub though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are they even still angling for something with Ronda? Her loss aside, she seems like way more trouble than she's worth to them and her profile is much lower.

I mean they would almost certainly do it if she approached them but it doesn't seem like they'd bother to persue it now. Maybe if Shayna comes in and can use Ronda for a rub though.

If anything her profile being much lower, thus making her more available and affordable, would make them more interested in her

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Roddy is mega over with Shawn Michaels essentially his new protege and with Triple H too. He isn't going on the backburner.

Drew got attacked by Sanity so he's out of the current title picture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ROvl4Bd2c

Is this footage from NXT or any street in Scotland?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can't be Scotland, there's no sheep and only one Loch Ness monster.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

So hopefully NXT Philadelphia the night before the Royal Rumble that I plan on attending maybe

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's gonna be awfully deflating if NXT Brooklyn 3 main event is a Roderick Strong match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's gonna be awfully deflating if NXT Brooklyn 3 main event is a Roderick Strong match

Asuka's match I see main eventing if she loses

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How often has the NXT Championship not main evented?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Asuka's match I see main eventing if she loses
that'd be cool

VJeff posted:

Last Takeover, obvs, and RE:spect I think? They're generally smart enough to put whatever's gonna get the most heat last. Roode / Itami after the Ciampa turn would have been a disaster

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Takeover Respect (Bayley/Sasha) and Takeover Chicago (DIY/AoP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm starting to think its possible that Asuka retains at Brooklyn, just because she pretty much has no one notable to face, except maybe Ember Moon. Problem with that though is that Moon is floundering due to having absolutely terrible charisma, and really poor character direction (although this isn't her fault). She needs either a repackage, or for WWE to just pull the trigger and call her up to the main roster. Putting the title on Ember Moon right now isn't going to fix those problems. It'll only make it worse.

If WWE wasn't so adamant about airing the MYC after SummerSlam, Asuka could easily have a credible contender from that.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread