Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Carson is bad and has bad mechanics

I think this might be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Carson is bad and has bad mechanics

trade for goff

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Does anyone actually care about PED use in football?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Does anyone actually care about PED use in football?
It sets a real bad precedent for kids and stuff. That being said, super don't give a poo poo if they use it. Just keep it behind closed doors.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

If Doug Pederson could find a way for McNabb and Wentz to have a baby, he or she would be the most accurate passer in the history of the Universe.

I lol'd

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Carson Wentz is Jake Locker 2.0

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
lovely Megatron just got cut.

Adios DGB.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One of those is easy to intercept

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
NFC East WR Beckham released!!!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

quote:

Jimmy, with the dumpster fire over, who do you think has the worst fan base in the NFL [NFC East]?

quote:

I don't know if I can say "worst fan base, but I'll rank the NFC East teams' fans from whiniest to coolest, in terms of reaction to that series:

1) Giants
2) Cowboys

(Huge gap here)

3) Eagles
4) Redskins

Redskins fans were basically just like, "Yeah, that's about right."

:lol:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
reader feedback time

quote:

Subject: 5 reasons you are a douchebag
1) You live in Philly
2) You write for the Eagles
3) You root for the Eagles
4) You went to Rowan University
5) You actually look like a douchebag

You can attack Eli and the Giants all you want. The fact of the matter is your sorry rear end team has NEVER won a Superbowl and frankly, there is not a single player on that team who is even worthy of wiping Eli's rear end. Maybe some day you can enjoy watching Carson puke on the field during a Superbowl.

(can confirm he looks like a douchebag)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Why the hate for Rowan?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEySY4hY6oM

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Eli manning looks like this:

He probably needs someone to wipe his own rear end for him.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Eli manning looks like this:

He probably needs someone to wipe his own rear end for him.

That's the look of a man who is going to sink the Patriots twice in the super bowl.

All hail our mongoloid quarterback

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This week's Cowboys arrest:

quote:

Dallas Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson was arrested Tuesday night and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to Frisco, Texas, police.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19841877/dallas-cowboys-lb-damien-wilson-charged-aggravated-assault-deadly-weapon

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The cowboys deserve last in the division. Abandon all hope, I'm so tired of this organization. I just want to like my team. That's all I want. Why do they make it so hard?

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

oh no a football player did something bad

guess i''m not watching football again

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

incompetent posted:

Oh no, a player is bad. It feels like I'm watching Cowboys football again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

incompetent posted:

-parm

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

The face of a man who backed his truck into a woman and flashed a rifle over a parking spot at a fireworks festival

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Does Jerry go all :vince: when he sees these guys' criminal records?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If you enjoyed the Dumpster fire series, the same writer has his pre-season ALL-NFC East team up:

offense: http://www.phillyvoice.com/preseason-all-nfc-east-team-offense-edition-2017

defense: http://www.phillyvoice.com/preseason-all-nfc-east-team-defense-edition-2017

lol @ only 1 Cowboy on the defensive team.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CyberPingu posted:

Does Jerry go all :vince: when he sees these guys' criminal records?

I have gotten the sense that Jerry fashions himself Sandra Bullock from the Blind Side, ignoring just how lovely of a human being he has been on many occasions.

incompetent posted:

I'm sorry, are you enjoying watching half of the goddamn team embarrass itself every offseason? Like, beyond just the decisions of the front office? I've got zero confidence in this organization to keep anybody out of trouble. Elliott can't seem to avoid controversy, our defense is a bad night away from becoming drugged up murderers, apparently, and even if it is the weakest poo poo ever even Dak has people accusing him of stuff.

Just once I'd like to start a season with 90% of our personnel ready to play and not on the verge of sitting out a quarter of the season. Pardon me for asking the Cowboys to clear such a high bar.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
A fish rots from the head.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

NotWearingPants posted:

A fish rots from the head.

what the gently caress

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SHOAH NUFF posted:

what the gently caress

It's an old-timey phrase that means organizational problems can be attributed to flawed leadership.

Jerry Jones is the fish head in this case.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I'm sorry, are you enjoying watching half of the goddamn team embarrass itself every offseason? Like, beyond just the decisions of the front office? I've got zero confidence in this organization to keep anybody out of trouble. Elliott can't seem to avoid controversy, our defense is a bad night away from becoming drugged up murderers, apparently, and even if it is the weakest poo poo ever even Dak has people accusing him of stuff.

Just once I'd like to start a season with 90% of our personnel ready to play and not on the verge of sitting out a quarter of the season. Pardon me for asking the Cowboys to clear such a high bar.

You're overreacting and saying it like the Cowboys are the only team that has these problems.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I wouldn't be so annoyed if they got punished the same as non rich people. But seeing a guy get 2 DUIs and get a slap on the wrist and then I'm supposed to cheer for him 3 days later feels like a slap in the face

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

incompetent posted:

You're overreacting and saying it like the Cowboys are the only team that has these problems.

I never said they were.

I just want them to be better than this. Jason Garett hasn't put together two consecutive winning seasons since becoming the head coach, and while a lot of that stems from Romo injuries, it's the little poo poo like this that explains a lot.

I don't expect a football team full of saints. Christ, I still like the 90s champion Cowboy teams, and they weren't exactly the nicest bunch of people to deal with. But when your defense is a gigantic question mark yet again, when your organization is under fire for braindead suspensions yet again, when a defensive player has a road rage incident in the FC Dallas parking lot (just :lol: at this), it just sucks the wind right out of your sails before the season starts, and this is before we even consider poo poo like sophomore slumps and potential injuries.

I doubt anyone in this thread sympathizes, and that's fine. I'm just venting. Also, I'll take the combo three with a Coke.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 7, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's the number 3 combo you stupid bitch

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I wouldn't be so annoyed if they got punished the same as non rich people. But seeing a guy get 2 DUIs and get a slap on the wrist and then I'm supposed to cheer for him 3 days later feels like a slap in the face

One point in Doug Pederson's/Howie Roseman's favor: when one of our WRs got caught with a DUI and an unregistered handgun he got cut immediately even though it meant our WR corps went from "bad" to "horrifying"

Unfortunately we also failed to cut noted human piece of poo poo Riley Cooper for being a massive racist so...

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

axeil posted:

One point in Doug Pederson's/Howie Roseman's favor: when one of our WRs got caught with a DUI and an unregistered handgun he got cut immediately even though it meant our WR corps went from "bad" to "horrifying"

Unfortunately we also failed to cut noted human piece of poo poo Riley Cooper for being a massive racist so...

the WR got cut because he was bad hth

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Michael Vick held a come to Jesus meeting with Cooper and the team and I guess it was a locker room decision to keep him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Metapod posted:

It's the number 3 combo you stupid bitch

:suicide:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

TheChirurgeon posted:

the WR got cut because he was bad hth

He was a drat good special teamer.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think Huff was unfortunate that his was the last of a series of incidents, like Bradham beating up the cabana boy and Agholor accused (falsely) of rape in the champagne room. The team came down harder on him than they might have otherwise. That said, I was glad to see him go because he was an overdrafted (3rd round?!!) Chip Kelly Duck pick who always had a pissed off look on his face and seemed like an rear end in a top hat.

also, remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCuCZKSmr08

lol @ Jackson

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Still angry that was a penalty. No fun league!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/dallas-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-suspension-domestic-violence-incident/1ra34p8g10vo31t7cdtrv9ov83

quote:

"There's a growing sense that Zeke Elliott is going to face some sort of discipline and it very well could include a short suspension," Schefter said Friday morning.

Giants going to face the JV team week 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Huff was pulled over on the other side of the bridge, he would have faced a lot less trouble

• Locked thread