Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I vaguely recall people saying the multiverse people were mad because super took its thing and also contradicted it on every point

"B-but, Toriyama! There should be infinite parallel universes where all my fanfics are true! 12? Why Toriyama? Why 12 where they are all different, unique, and themed!? Where our main universe is martial artists/fantasy based, Universe 11 is male Japanese superhero based, Universe 2 is female japanese superhero based, etc. etc.? Why is the main universe the evil alternate universe of Universe 6? Why isn't Broly here? Okay, now he is, but he is a girl and I hate girls! They're icky and won't touch my smega coated penis! Toriyama, why can all the side characters matter now? Master Roshi and Tien should be utterly irrelevant! We should just be seeing 1000 alternate Gokus fighting!? Don't you read Marvel Comics!? This is how the science of Parrell Earth's work! Why isn't Evil Goku a rapist? Don't you want to be edgy? You SJW loving, piece of garbage! You made female Super Sayians who are tough and independent!? You loving suck! You're awful!? Super Sayian Blue!?!? gently caress this! What is this poo poo!? Beerus is just a house cat! I just can't! I just can't! Why isn't the world eternally like it was when I was 10!? When everything was perfect forever and ever! I hate you Toriyama! I hate you!"

Kind of lost my mind there for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You kind of took that in a weird direction.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Universe 7 turning out to be the evil twin universe is probably my most favorite thing to come out of all of Super. I was actually expecting the earthlings to start wanting their team to lose in the first Tournament, so they'd be teleported somewhere that was less of a hellhole.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TFRazorsaw posted:

You kind of took that in a weird direction.

There was a moment where I said to myself "I should delete this", but then I kept writing and hit post.

Momomo posted:

Universe 7 turning out to be the evil twin universe is probably my most favorite thing to come out of all of Super. I was actually expecting the earthlings to start wanting their team to lose in the first Tournament, so they'd be teleported somewhere that was less of a hellhole.

You know, Earth is destroyed in Universe 6 and Universe 7 is the evil, alternate universe. Coincidence? I think not!

Edit: Though, just to clarify, the "Evil Goku being a rapist" thing is a thing in DBM. That wasn't me making things up. In his first fight, he fights someone who fights like Ranfan and it gets weird.

Also, wow, Ranfan. That character was certainly...wow, product of its times, right?

Also, for that matter, making General Blue gay AND a pedophile. I mean, maybe the later was anime-only, but it's weird to pat yourself on the back for giving gay representation (look it up, Toriyama basically does in the comic), but then making them also a pedophile.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 6, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Momomo posted:

Oh my god, if Goku and co had lost the Universal Tournament then when the Tournament of Power rolled around Universe 6 would have been completely unstoppable and would have been able to assemble a Supergroup of Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Hit, Kale, Piccolo, Frieza(if revived), Frost, Buu (if awake) and Caulifla or whatever combo would have been most powerful. There would be no conflict for survival between the characters the show has spent the most time with and all the other universes would have been creamed.

Hit you moron, you should have never thrown to Monaka! You've doomed us all!

Covok
May 27, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Oh my god, if Goku and co had lost the Universal Tournament then when the Tournament of Power rolled around Universe 6 would have been completely unstoppable and would have been able to assemble a Supergroup of Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Hit, Kale, Piccolo, Frieza(if revived), Frost, Buu (if awake) and Caulifla or whatever combo would have been most powerful. There would be no conflict for survival between the characters the show has spent the most time with and all the other universes would have been creamed.

Hit you moron, you should have never thrown to Monaka! You've doomed us all!

But then New Namek would be erased.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Covok posted:

But then New Namek would be erased.

Acceptable losses, sorry Dende, hope you can vomit out a new race of Namekians or see if Universe 6 has them hiding somewhere.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Covok posted:

There was a moment where I said to myself "I should delete this", but then I kept writing and hit post.

If at any point a tirade involves someone else's junk, maybe time to dial it back.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So is this the last arc of Super or what? It certainly feels that way,

Covok
May 27, 2013

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Nah, Freeza is back and he's still got 23 hours to live.

I kind of hope Freeza gets erased in this or the next arc. For two reason, really. One, it would mean they would stop using him a crutch villain. Two, it would mean GT is 100% non-canon forever.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Next comes Dragonball Ultra

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TrilliontonNixon posted:

It was originally meant to be 100 episodes long but we know it'll surpass that already so it's very hard to say whether things will end here or not. That said, we still have one big plot point the series has not delivered on (Goku telling Hit that they'll rebel against the Gods) so it's very unlikely this is the end.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Super ends and then we pick up with Dragonball GT Kai, where Beerus and Whis are sloppily photoshopped into the background of every shot in GT

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
There's no way they'd have this massive expansion of the DB world and constantly tease characters like Uub and Pan, all the while enjoying record ratings and making bank on merchandise and games and stuff, and decide to end it after this arc.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Super ends and then we pick up with Dragonball GT Kai, where Beerus and Whis are sloppily photoshopped into the background of every shot in GT

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was originally meant to be 100 episodes long but we know it'll surpass that already so it's very hard to say whether things will end here or not. That said, we still have one big plot point the series has not delivered on (Goku telling Hit that they'll rebel against the Gods) so it's very unlikely this is the end.

I predict the "rebel against the Gods" to happen mid tournament of power.

But they have also been building up Pan pretty hard, and that has yet to pay off. I expect a time skip after the end of the tournament arc.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is an interesting enough match to get unique pre-fight dialogue in Xenoverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCnLwJRa_0c&t=383s

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Next comes Dragonball Ultra
Nah it'll go full Tomino and be Dragon Ball Double Super.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ultra is the cool word of the decade, just like Turbo was for the 90s

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

lezard_valeth posted:

Ultra is the cool word of the decade, just like Turbo was for the 90s

I feel like Turbo was more 80s. EXXXXXTREME!!!!! was 90s (at least mid-late 90s).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

90s was Max

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

If nothing else Nozawa's age seems like it could threaten the long-term prospects of the show, given the reverence for veteran seiyu in Japan I imagine Goku's death or retirement would extremely problematic

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Babe Magnet posted:

90s was Max

This checks out with Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, which has a delightfully hideous 90s aesthetic assigned to its superpowers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

multijoe posted:

If nothing else Nozawa's age seems like it could threaten the long-term prospects of the show, given the reverence for veteran seiyu in Japan I imagine Goku's death or retirement would extremely problematic

Yeah, that might be the deciding factor as I'm not sure if they'd be willing to recast someone as iconic as Goku and he's too popular for them to try doing a show without him (as much as it would be nice to have somebody else in the spotlight for a change).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Larryb posted:

Yeah, that might be the deciding factor as I'm not sure if they'd be willing to recast someone as iconic as Goku and he's too popular for them to try doing a show without him (as much as it would be nice to have somebody else in the spotlight for a change).

It would be doubly rough because the original probably "successor" has the same voice actor. They'd have to do a time skip and have it be Pan and Bra's Excellent Adventure That's Not GT.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

It would be doubly rough because the original probably "successor" has the same voice actor. They'd have to do a time skip and have it be Pan and Bra's Excellent Adventure That's Not GT.

I'm sure Dragon Ball fandom would love a show about two teenage girls having adventures

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maybe Uub could be a major character

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The next show is a spinoff with Satan, Fat Boo, Jaco and Bulmas Sister doing galactic patrol stuff.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

multijoe posted:

I'm sure Dragon Ball fandom would love a show about two teenage girls having adventures

they will have fun adventures like old DB and their fists will violently shatter jaws that spit teeth and blood

you don't need the assholes who don't want that

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

track day bro! posted:

The next show is a spinoff with Satan, Fat Boo, Jaco and Bulmas Sister doing galactic patrol stuff.

I'm all in baby!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

I'd be down for that. Either that or they could just make Vegeta the main character.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I'd do a lot of things for that but sacrificing Granny Goku is a step too far.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Black August posted:

they will have fun adventures like old DB and their fists will violently shatter jaws that spit teeth and blood

you don't need the assholes who don't want that

Hell, I'd watch it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The culture of money will overcome the stigma and Goku will get a new grandma to voice him.

Covok
May 27, 2013

reignofevil posted:

The culture of money will overcome the stigma and Goku will get a new grandma to voice him.

Worked with Hercule

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
wrong thread whoops.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5oCKq76io

This is a great video.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Pureauthor posted:

Man I don't want Kale to be so emotionally stunted she goes into a roid rage everytime someone Caulifla so much as acts friendly with someone else.

I wish she didn't job immediately

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Where when why did people start using the term job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

dr.acula posted:

Where when why did people start using the term job?

It's a wrestling term. It refers to the act of losing to make the other look good. Those who do it are "jobbers." All this jargon came public knowledge thanks to the internet breaking "kayfabe," the fake personality wrestlers put on when they wrestle, and, with it, all the secrets behind wrestling.

• Locked thread