Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

you're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

$10 million a year for a somehow lovely version of Bruce Bowen. At least Bowen could hit a wide open three

Can someone tell me how Roberson had a 108 ORtg when he shot 46% from the field, which is alright, but then 24.5% from 3 and 42% from the FT line

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BIZORT posted:

$10 million a year for a somehow lovely version of Bruce Bowen. At least Bowen could hit a wide open three

Can someone tell me how Roberson had a 108 ORtg when he shot 46% from the field, which is alright, but then 24.5% from 3 and 42% from the FT line

He didn't take many 3s or FTA, so his TS% isn't putrid, it's merely bad. But his usage is low so it doesn't bring it down much. He doesn't turn the ball over, manages to get more assists than giveaways, grabs offensive boards now and then.

Basically he only hurts an offense by doing nothing, but ORTG doesn't care about that. His 9.1 PER reflects the nothing.

I think his contract isn't very good but also probably not very bad. I'm glad my team isn't paying it though.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 6, 2017

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao yeah why would you want a better, younger Tony Allen on 3/30

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A .gif of the cloud of smoke coming out would be a great avatar.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I wouldn't say Roberson is a better defender than Allen, and Allen is more athletic even at this stage of his career. Tony can make enough free throws to make you think twice about fouling him and he's not going to airball his threes. Even in at the same stage of his career Tony was a better shooter than Roberson, too. Roberson is a project who's been thrown out there to play while Allen was/is more polished

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

mentor the young guys plz
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/882844082040590336

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

cravius posted:

if he's 3 of 30 the law of averages suggests he has to start shooting better right? I'd take him

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Sacramento might as well just play 5 bigs if they sign JaVale at this point. Why the hell are they using so many roster spots on bigs.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Disillusionist posted:

Sacramento might as well just play 5 bigs if they sign JaVale at this point. Why the hell are they using so many roster spots on bigs.

WRONG IS LIE

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

cravius posted:

I too have always felt Tony Allen's biggest flaw was not being terrible enough offensively

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

$10m per for a guy who does one thing really well isn't so bad when you consider how many guys get near $20m to do nothing well.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

G-Hawk posted:

yeah i really don't know how you can play him in the playoffs if he is that much of black hole on offense, let alone the free throws issue. The guy is an extremely good defender though

He was literally the second best player on the thunder that series

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Metapod posted:

He was literally the second best player on the thunder that series

But said series was a 5 game first rounder, so maybe that's not exactly the highest mark you should be shooting for.

I don't think that contract is terrible or anything, but I feel as if you need to judge OKC on a curve when it comes to how they use their cap space, given that they've already blown up one potential dynasty at the mere possibility of dipping into the repeater tax. Then again, they do need to go all-out to keep Westbrook, so maybe just saving the space for next year isn't really a viable option.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really thought LeBron was smarter than to go back and work under Dan Gilbert. I hope he leaves again. Gilbert's never going to stop pulling the same crap.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sheriff posted:

But said series was a 5 game first rounder, so maybe that's not exactly the highest mark you should be shooting for.

Okay what about the 2016 playoffs where he played well and was an important cog to getting to the wcf and getting up 3-1 in said wcf. What I'm saying is he plays well in the playoffs and Billy uses him very effectively so this idea that he's unplayable and isn't worth 10 per year is very dumb

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I mean, he's useful for them, they can't really spend the money on anybody else, and if George/Russell leave they're hosed anyway + his contract won't matter for the year or two it sticks around

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

10 million, aka 10% of the cap for a rotation player who is young is a pretty good deal. Dude can legitimately defend every wing in the league.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Dexo posted:

I really loving hope nobody in the league accepts a salary dump from the Celtics without getting a real asset in return.

The guys they're 'dumping' are all good NBA players on good contracts. Adding Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley to the rotation would improve any team in the league.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

The guys they're 'dumping' are all good NBA players on good contracts. Adding Jae Crowder or Avery Bradley to the rotation would improve any team in the league.

Avery Bradly and Marcus smart are both going to become way more expensive. Everyone seemingly hates Danny Ainge and he has absolutely no bargaining power. Every single person that he calls should demand, at the very least, the Clippers or Grizzlies pick.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Avery Bradly and Marcus smart are both going to become way more expensive. Everyone seemingly hates Danny Ainge and he has absolutely no bargaining power. Every single person that he calls should demand, at the very least, the Clippers or Grizzlies pick.

That's not how that is going to work but okay! Sure

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/882942814694383618

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

TheKevman posted:

Like 30 pages of reading to catch up and it's just amazing how KD gets all of you adults so riled up and frothing :laugh:

Didn't you ragequit basketball when the Spurs beat the Warriors way back? it's a similar feeling probably.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Trade Crowder and Smart to Memphis for Gasol.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Was Zach Lowe drunk when he tweeted this?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Zach Lowe drunk at 8:42 AM is the funniest thing I've thought about since Drunk Canuck

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

Trade Crowder and Smart to Memphis for Gasol.

That would make it even more impossible for them to sign hayward.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/882961747908464642

Yeah Jason Kidd seems to love killing GMs though holy poo poo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/882961747908464642

Yeah Jason Kidd seems to love killing GMs though holy poo poo.

What the loving gently caress, he's literally under contract for 4 years :lol:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

"OH NO IF THE TEAM IS BAD FOR THESE 4 YEARS HE MAY LEAVE"

Yeah, no loving poo poo. This is the most non-story I think I have ever read.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 6, 2017

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Paul Zuvella posted:

What the loving gently caress, he's literally under contract for 4 years :lol:

drat we've only got 1400 days to turn this thing around!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
look man, the clock has started.

No one said how long the timer was set for.

But yeah Mostly that story was interesting in how hosed up the Bucks FO situation is.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

"OH NO IF THE TEAM IS BAD FOR THESE 4 YEARS HE MAY LEAVE"

Yeah, no loving poo poo. This is the most non-story I think I have ever read.

You mean to tell me that if a star player plays for an organization that can't put a good team around him, he might consider leaving for a winninger team?

I've never heard such doohickey in my life.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

look man, the clock has started.

No one said how long the timer was set for.

I wouldn't even bother going for Giannis since he's going to be dead eventually. Same with all these other so-called superstars

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

morestuff posted:

I wouldn't even bother going for Giannis since he's going to be dead eventually. Same with all these other so-called superstars

I dunno, I'm like 87% percent sure a dead Lebron could carry a team to the ECF.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

I dunno, I'm like 87% percent sure a dead Lebron could carry a team to the ECF.

Eastern Conference Finals at Bronny's

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Hahhaha

I want this in the posting hall of fame

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

s-and-t is both longer and not as clear as S&T. Good job Zach

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Seems pretty clear to me. He's saying that Boston shouldn't just throw in Smart/Crowder/Bradley in a sign-and-trade for Hayward to Utah. Those guys can fetch assets from another team, so unless Utah wants to pay an asset Boston should trade them to another team and sign Hayward outright.

My only question is why a sign-and-trade for Hayward is beneficial when they can just sign him outright after offloading salary.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Disillusionist posted:

Seems pretty clear to me. He's saying that Boston shouldn't just throw in Smart/Crowder/Bradley in a sign-and-trade for Hayward to Utah. Those guys can fetch assets from another team, so unless Utah wants to pay an asset Boston should trade them to another team and sign Hayward outright.

My only question is why a sign-and-trade for Hayward is beneficial when they can just sign him outright after offloading salary.

Because negotiating from a completely powerless place is a bad place to be. Utah is the only one who could live taking on those guys without caring because they don't want to be left with nothing when Hayward bolts.

Every other single team in the league would be negotiating from a position of power with the Celtics. Literally every single one. Ainge literally has to move some of these contracts, he has no choice. Every team should be demanding something extra from him for what is essentially doing Ainge a solid, even if the players he is trying to dump are good.

The only team that should maybe even consider taking on a dude for free is like, the 76ers with Jae Crowder or maybe Bradley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Eastern Conference Finals at Bronny's

I'd loving watch that game/movie

• Locked thread