Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Tired Moritz posted:

I wish all these Attlia havers accept my friend request. Especially a person that has her at 70 and a level 2 NP.

Is Attila the rainbow laser sword whip girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I have Artoria, Heracles, Tamamo Cat, Gilgamesh and Marie, I have no idea what free 4 star to pick. Wish there was a caster in the selection.

I guess my choice is between Carmilla and Eliza, I only have prototype Cu and Hassan for those two slots. Is there a better pick between the two?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm guessing if I have a zerk the choice is between Emiya , Camilla and Elizabeth for the 4*? Is Emiya really that much better?

New Leaf posted:

Is Attila the rainbow laser sword whip girl?

Yeah, they call her Altera too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got Emiya more for personal/story reasons, since I liked his character a lot in FSN. That he provided a decent gameplay bonus was icing on the cake. Also it means that minus Artoria and Gil I have the whole FSN roster.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Got St Martha cause she's the best, also for that sick def shred and anti-buffs tech.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
God, F/GO runs like absolute garbage on my phone, but it's the only way I can buy quartz, so I'll have to hope it can not burst into flames. Spent $140 so far, no Gil, but I did get Artoria and Jeanne, and I'm prepared to spend another 140. Please stop me, the abyss is sucking me in.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

EzEight posted:

Any one else farming the 30ap quest for mana cube fodder?

Also to JP vets what goodies does the mana cube shop eventually give?
Fou stat up and exp cards per month. Rare CE for 1000 cube per card. Only two of those CE ([spoiler]bond boost and money boost) is needed, so you should save up 10000 cube.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Gologle posted:

Spent $140 so far, no Gil, but I did get Artoria and Jeanne, and I'm prepared to spend another 140. Please stop me, the abyss is sucking me in.
Stop, you have plenty of opportunities to use friend gil.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got Stheno because she's great and I need a non-Kojiro assassin.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Gologle posted:

God, F/GO runs like absolute garbage on my phone, but it's the only way I can buy quartz, so I'll have to hope it can not burst into flames. Spent $140 so far, no Gil, but I did get Artoria and Jeanne, and I'm prepared to spend another 140. Please stop me, the abyss is sucking me in.
Between now and the next Gil banner you can probably save hundred or so quartz from levels, quests, logins, rewards and maintenance.

Stop rolling.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK, if I don't get Gil in the next 160 dollars, I'll stop.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I need some help with picking my 4*. I currently have Atalante for my Archer and Lancezerker for my Berserker. Should I go with EMIYA or Herc? The Waifu option is Stenhlo (currently: Hassan/Kojiro) and the comedy option is Marie (currently: Uchi). I like Herc as a character slightly more than EMIYA, but I feel EMIYA might be a better archer than Atalante in a vacuum, while Lancezerker would fill the same buster role as Herc.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Super Success' only on the times where I feed enough Exp for them to hit their level cap.

EVERY. TIME.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

OK, if I don't get Gil in the next 200 dollars, I'll stop.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Psiwri posted:

Got St Martha cause she's the best, also for that sick def shred and anti-buffs tech.

Yeah I like emiya and camilla a lot but Martha's just too useful to pass up atm. Thanks friend.

On second thought, I was sure I had a hunter but I don't.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 6, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

I need some help with picking my 4*. I currently have Atalante for my Archer and Lancezerker for my Berserker. Should I go with EMIYA or Herc? The Waifu option is Stenhlo (currently: Hassan/Kojiro) and the comedy option is Marie (currently: Uchi). I like Herc as a character slightly more than EMIYA, but I feel EMIYA might be a better archer than Atalante in a vacuum, while Lancezerker would fill the same buster role as Herc.

Lancelot doesn't really fill the exact same role. His AOE NP is way better for dealing with Mobs and and Stargen, while Herc is pure RIP AND TEAR and Survivability.

But if Atalanta is your only good Archer, then sure why not get Emiya. (Do you have Robin Hood though?)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Anyone got opinions on the three-star Berserkers (Kiyohime, Darius, Lu Bu)? Think poor Spartacus has reached the end of his usefulness for now.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Should I go for Herc or Tamamo? I don't know much about any of the other ones so let me know if one of them might be better. I'm currently rolling with Robin Hood and D'ion in my main squad with Cu Chulainn and Sasaki in back up.

I also got absolutely nothing with my rolls and tickets other than sadness and regret.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I got jack and poo poo from my tickets, but haven't done my 10 pulls yet. Time to pour over the 4* recommendations and figure out who to take. I already have Cat, Martha, and Marie.

Liz seems cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Honest Ray posted:

Should I go for Herc or Tamamo? I'm currently rolling with Robin Hood and D'ion in my main squad with Cu Chulainn and Sasaki in back up.

I also got absolutely nothing with my rolls and tickets other than sadness and regret.

Heracles if we're talking gameplay.

Pierson posted:

Anyone got opinions on the three-star Berserkers (Kiyohime, Darius, Lu Bu)? Think poor Spartacus has reached the end of his usefulness for now.

Lu Bu is poor man's Herc, and Kiyohime is a decent mob/Daily clearer. Darius is meh.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Pierson posted:

Kiyohime, don't look back

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Ascended my Tamamo and bumped her up to 48, then I pull Lancelot. Sigh.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

I have powerful gacha luck

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lancelot's NP name on the card is 'Knight of Honor'. Then upon activating it the title comes up as 'Knight of Owner'.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
More than 300 dollars down the drain, no Gil, and four Atalante's. Never before have I wept tears so bitter.

EDIT: Literally the only positive is that I now have at least 1 of every 5 and 4 star card.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Nate RFB posted:

If you don't have Herc already I think it would be foolish to not take him.

Look at me, the fool. I actively don't want him (or any male character) because I must only have all the waifus.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Lancelot doesn't really fill the exact same role. His AOE NP is way better for dealing with Mobs and and Stargen, while Herc is pure RIP AND TEAR and Survivability.
Probably the most fun I've had in this game so far is when Herc is ready to use his NP with two of his Buster Cards in the shuffle as well. Bonus if the two Attack buffs are available and you're down to one enemy left.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
EMIYA has the twin bonuses of being strong lategame thanks to buffing quests they give him, and for being one of, if not the, most common starring Servant in an event, which means they give him a power boost or increased drop rates whenever he's in your party. In addition, most people stop using Carmilla once RyougiShiki comes out, while Liz just doesn't bring much to the table besides a buffed up Charisma for girls and isn't exactly the best pick for a support character.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Twib posted:

EMIYA has the twin bonuses of being strong lategame thanks to buffing quests they give him, and for being one of, if not the, most common starring Servant in an event, which means they give him a power boost or increased drop rates whenever he's in your party. In addition, most people stop using Carmilla once RyougiShiki comes out, while Liz just doesn't bring much to the table besides a buffed up Charisma for girls and isn't exactly the best pick for a support character.

I'm running vlad and I'm without a good archer and my rider is medusa. Which do you think I should go for between Martha and Emiya, both seem very good and both have 2 arts.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Yeah, they call her Altera too.

This is another one of those confusing bits for me where the OP says she sucks and the thread says she's awesome..

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

New Leaf posted:

This is another one of those confusing bits for me where the OP says she sucks and the thread says she's awesome..

AoE Buster NPs instantly knocks 2 points off the final rating. Always.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pureauthor posted:

AoE Buster NPs instantly knocks 2 points off the final rating. Always.
Except for special case like gil.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

All of the current 5*s are very strong servants, the OP just holds them to a much higher standard than the more common units.

edit: Partly because they're harder to get, but also because they're usually harder to raise.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how often will the store restock its inventory as at my current rate I am going to have brought up all the summoning tickets before this event comes to an end.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gologle posted:

Literally the only positive is that I now have at least 1 of every 5 and 4 star card.

except gil?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

So how often will the store restock its inventory as at my current rate I am going to have brought up all the summoning tickets before this event comes to an end.

Unknown. At some point it will stack stocking monthly, but that might be next month or it might be next year.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Man. 3 multipulls, didn't get poo poo except for Carmilla and a Heavens Feel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Judging by my friend points, people loooove using Herc by far.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did 2 10 pulls.... 6 4-5* CEs including that 8% per turn NP one but not a single 3*+ hero wooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Did 2 10 pulls.... 6 4-5* CEs including that 8% per turn NP one but not a single 3*+ hero wooo.

Presumably you mean none that aren't duplicates? Because 10-pulls are supposed to guarantee a 3*+ Servant.