Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I called it. I called everything. I am the caller of things. That thing you just said? I called it. Look, it's here in my blod

<opens a ragged school excercise book full of unintelligable gibberish with the occasional doodle of a stickman in a spaceship in the corner>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
everything should be done for shits and giggles.

except causing harm to other people, that's just not cool.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Is 3.0 out yet? Someone told me it was coming out June 30th.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Beet Wagon posted:

Welcome back, Arf. I hope you've been well.

Eh, rough week.
im glad youre trying to clean up the hosed up weirdos, even if i think this place is fundamentally flawed.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Eh, rough week.
im glad youre trying to clean up the hosed up weirdos, even if i think this place is fundamentally flawed.

Thanks for dropping in to remind us.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So what crime did ArfJason commit for him to police somethingawful as a community service?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It was in one of those closed hearings in Nuremberg, so we'll never know

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/glacier1701/status/882940113382232065

https://twitter.com/Wardakka/status/882929731947069440

AP fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 6, 2017

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Truga posted:

It was in one of those closed hearings in Nuremberg, so we'll never know

I thought only the backers will never know. Are you a backer?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I was :ohdear:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
it's july now does the avocado toast have 3.0 yet at least

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Happy July Blog Day everyone!!

On this day two years ago, I wrote the Interstellar Citizens blog which sparked a massive debacle (which is still raging) over the project's viability and promise. To mark this occasion, I have added an update (scroll to the bottom) of where things stand, to my How I Got Involved article.

Enjoy!

If anyone ever asks what autofellatio means just link them this.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Danknificent posted:

It's been pushed back to Moctember 34th

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Danknificent posted:

Its just a release window! They still have two weeks to release to the avocado!

Tomorrows schedule update:
More delays on milestones but no actual delay on apparent releases. Next week they'll delay the avocado again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

Yet i'm the weird n creepy person....
It's not a competition you duckling retard.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
You just can't trust a guy who doesn't like dogs. Or Pizza.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
someone refactor the thread please

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Friendship ended with Chris Roberts.

Now Derek Smart is my best friend.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
4 score and several blogs ago

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
who was the first person to say star citizen was bad? they get a free tote and a $25 gift card to outback steakhouse

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I'm actually serious. Where are all the Reddit posts with remind me responses that talked about the June 30th release date.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

who was the first person to say star citizen was bad? they get a free tote and a $25 gift card to outback steakhouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

just give it to this guy

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its just a release window!
It's more of a lens than a window.

Because release always seems closer than it actually is.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

You experience gravitational collapse centred around your gastrointestinal system and disappear up your own rear end in a top hat. Much like its creator, Chris Roberts.

:five: :five: :five:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

big nipples big life posted:

If anyone ever asks what autofellatio means just link them this.

I prefer the link to the quotes, me

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Happy July Blog Day everyone!!

On this day two years ago, I wrote the Interstellar Citizens blog which sparked a massive debacle (which is still raging) over the project's viability and promise. To mark this occasion, I have added an update (scroll to the bottom) of where things stand, to my How I Got Involved article.

Enjoy!

So I'm new here I just followed the leper's colony links but are all of derek smart's posts in here this kind of "hey guys just casually dropping another link a a blog post I made about my influence on this game, isn't that great? People are still massively raging about the blog that I wrote!" now?

tbh I miss the "4 paragraph sick burn/mic drop with 5+ links to Reddit threads" style

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

So I'm new here I just followed the leper's colony links but are all of derek smart's posts in here this kind of "hey guys just casually dropping another link a a blog post I made about my influence on this game, isn't that great? People are still massively raging about the blog that I wrote!" now?

tbh I miss the "4 paragraph sick burn/mic drop with 5+ links to Reddit threads" style
what do you mean now

its always been this way

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
in the july blog he references the july blog

its sort of like inception

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kelp Me! posted:

Even though people have been calling it a scam since the kickstarter went live that news never reached the inside of his own rear end so he never heard it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Derek Smart fears no ridicule

Derek Smart fears nothing

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TheAgent posted:

what do you mean now

its always been this way

Mostly I've just seen the QCS threads where he comes in to drop sick owns defending his campaign of IRL harassment against people only tangentially related to star citizen

star citizen's hilarious endless development cycle is absolutely in no way eerily reminiscent of Battlecruiser 3000's development cycle, by the way.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I think the BC3000 thing is really the most baffling to me about the whole deal. It'd be like if John Romero went after the Shadow Warrior 2 devs for making a swordfighting game that was too crude and juvenile.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Kelp Me! posted:

LOL

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgba3h3ed40

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Well, it is Derek Smart's Home for Wayward Space Sims.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
So once they release 3.0, are we all going to have to admit it's a game finally? Gameplay loops are the fundamental step to making this finally fun.

Scenario 1: Space Salvager

Get up from wankpod and get to space hub and load up a ship
Realize I need a better ship # Stop playing for a minute and spend an extra $200 to upgrade through RSI website
Load up new better ship in game
Stop by clothing store to browse # Out of real money until next paycheck
Get super secret mission from Miles to bring him broken space widgets from space crash #Admire his jacket for a minute
Fly to debris field and salvage widgets
Get attacked and blast space pirates that were hiding
Return widgets to Miles and he is super impressed

Scenario 2: Space Cargo Delivery Guy

Get up from wankpod and get to space hub and load up ship
Realize I'm just some stupid delivery guy and use cheap moldy ship
Stop by clothing store to browse # Stop playing and spend $50 on in-game delivery jacket because I've got to stay in character
Get super secret mission from Miles to deliver space widgets to Moon base
Go to cargo store and put in numbers on keypad
Go to ship and confirm numbers on ship manifest screen
Fly to Moon base and drop off cargo # Drop off guy probably saw my new jacket and was impressed

Star Citizen confirmed.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Kelp Me! posted:

I think the BC3000 thing is really the most baffling to me about the whole deal. It'd be like if John Romero went after the Shadow Warrior 2 devs for making a swordfighting game that was too crude and juvenile.

It may be a pot-kettle situation but he's our pot. Well, I guess it's more like he showed up here one day, and it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. He isn't so objectionable as to get perma-banned and so that's just how it is, I guess.

You'll learn to filter out the Derek noise. I don't think he can help it. Occasionally he'll say something important but you have to distill that meaning from 50,000 words of exaggeration.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Achamp posted:

So once they release 3.0, are we all going to have to admit it's a game finally?

I think this is where it is headed for them as a company delivering a product. You saw the production tins a couple months ago, the new refund template, and of course the loan. Shipping this out will basically absolve them of any potential contractual pursuits for those that feel they have been wronged by Roberts Space Industries. This will be the MVP.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How can they call it the mvp if you can't even buy ships with in game money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Kelp Me! posted:

Mostly I've just seen the QCS threads where he comes in to drop sick owns defending his campaign of IRL harassment against people only tangentially related to star citizen

star citizen's hilarious endless development cycle is absolutely in no way eerily reminiscent of Battlecruiser 3000's development cycle, by the way.

Kelp Me! posted:

your correct here. Expect that derek actually released battlecruiser 3000
Yet star citizen fails to do that.

Its like john romero going after product that is basically daikatana 2, warning that it is suffering from daikatana's problems.