Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

seymour hersh is correct about syria

whatever his value in the past his syria stuff is smoothbrained af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gary hart would have won

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yes. I was exaggerating for effect.

plz don't do this in the suck zone

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

got any sevens posted:

what about those who wash out of basic? isnt there something else they might be able to do?
:shrug:
From that kind of point of view I'm not sure if it'd be accurate to suppose that they don't deserve it, or that they didn't really want it in the first place. All I know is many vets and others would say that the way to deserve the same benefits as a vet currently gets is to go through the same hell the vet did as the vet earned it and you can too~! :downs:

You know, instead of making sure everyone gets those benefits and vets get extra special treatment (Which in today's world they barely get any treatment at all.)
:smith:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
which leftists are defending assad?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Relevant Tangent posted:

If you didn't have a foreign hideaway you were going to flee to your lust for the country's destruction wouldn't ring quite so hollow.

Hth

Nah I'd still lust for it

hth

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dreylad posted:

which leftists are defending assad?

lol if you think the Lion needs defenders

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i'll take eight

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thing that people always get wrong re: imperialism/leftists/authoritarians:

Imperialist genocide is always worse than auto-genocide. Leftists decry imperial murder because it is really hosed up. Also, as Chomsky said, as US citizens we should be primarily concerned with what our own terrible government is doing.

Night raids where we use robot death machines to kill innocent people are so much worse than Assad torturing political opponents in his prisons (oh yeah we do that too).

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Frijolero posted:

Imperialist genocide is always worse than auto-genocide. Leftists decry imperial murder because it is really hosed up. Also, as Chomsky said, as US citizens we should be primarily concerned with what our own terrible government is doing.

Night raids where we use robot death machines to kill innocent people are so much worse than Assad torturing political opponents in his prisons (oh yeah we do that too).

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hill Folk repeat Trump supporter proganda

http://observer.com/2017/07/republican-party-smear-campaign-bernie-sanders/

quote:

Several media outlets have run with the story that the FBI is investigating the role of Sanders’ wife, Jane, in regards to bank loans Burlington College received while she was the dean. Bernie Sanders was implicated in a smear campaign that claimed he used his political office to pressure the bank to sign off on the loan, though there is no evidence to corroborate this claim, and the investigation was incited by Trump’s campaign manager in Vermont, Brady Toesning. A recent report revealed the claim was predicated solely on hearsay from Republican State Rep. Don Turner. Despite this revelation, the investigation has dominated coverage of Sanders for the past few weeks, especially since Politico reported that Jane Sanders “lawyered up.” Disgruntled Clinton supporters have joined Republicans in perpetuating the smear campaign. Clearly, his political opponents are grasping at straws.

Toesning has filed frivolous complaints against Sanders before, and his consulting firm has a reputation for mud slinging. Part of his accusation was that Jane Sanders’ oversight financially damaged the Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington, but this claim was debunked by Vermont’s Bishop of the Catholic Church.

Incredibility dishonest, of course not surprising that Hill Folk would stoop so low given how they treated President Obama

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

look folks the khmer rouge may have murdered a third of their people, but at least it was not imperialist and therefore Morally Better

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

i miss harvey birdman

michael keaton is evil tech birdman in the new spiderman

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

consumed by normies posted:

look folks the khmer rouge may have murdered a third of their people, but at least it was not imperialist and therefore Morally Better

wow, mods?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

"well at least me and my entire extended family were killed by my own countrymen to achieve the Rebirth of Angkor" i said, as my skull was placed on the Skull Pyramid

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

at least they spelled rouge right

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Hillary fires back at GOP: ‘My plan didn’t cause 22 million people to lose healthcare’

i mean technically it did

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
She's gonna run again isn't she

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the khmer rogues would be a kickass 80s hardcore punk band name

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Yes the whole blame shifting and her MSM spin machine going into damage control mode pretty much points to her returning for the 2020 primary.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

they were a kickass 70s hardcore glorious leftist success story*

*unless you had glasses then it's the ole' baby bashing tree for you!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, she already proved how loving clueless she is, why the gently caress wouldn't she run again? :lol::smith::lol:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frijolero posted:

lol, so the problem with the holocaust was mainly that it wasn't limited to germany?

the reason why american droning is so awful is primarily because it has nothing to do with improving security, it's just something done to keep up appearances, to kill people not to look weak. so it doesn't prevent dictators from killing their people, it doesn't stop terrorists

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/882975596984315905

she didn't forget Poland

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

vietcong did this and had to change their name

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

etalian posted:

Yes the whole blame shifting and her MSM spin machine going into damage control mode pretty much points to her returning for the 2020 primary.

Cool, can't wait to see the centrists double down again after Hillary gets crushed by Trump a second time.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ohhh my god.

MSBNC has fostered the growth of a very strange crop of George W Bush "liberals"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

she's not coming back etalian, it's time to let go

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hillary's actions, like Zuck's, can be easily explained away as the simple result of blind egotism rather than careful political planning

the problem is that perhaps the same could be said of all presidential campaigns

but enough talk, have at you

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

lol, so the problem with the holocaust was mainly that it wasn't limited to germany?

the reason why american droning is so awful is primarily because it has nothing to do with improving security, it's just something done to keep up appearances, to kill people not to look weak. so it doesn't prevent dictators from killing their people, it doesn't stop terrorists

I don't know why you would come to such an idiotic conclusion from what I posted.

Also, the reason droning is so awful is that it kills innocent people hth.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

what's her point? the "intelligence community" of spooks was secretly right about Iraq because a bunch of idiot prime ministers in europe went along with their bullshit?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frijolero posted:

I don't know why you would come to such an idiotic conclusion from what I posted.

Also, the reason droning is so awful is that it kills innocent people hth.

i thought auto-genocide wasn't that bad

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

I can't believe Hillary would relitigate the 2016 primaries in 2020.

Cus Bernie will run too

So much primary salt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Why is Poland such a poo poo fascist magnet

You'd think of all countries they'd be wary of that poo poo

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

she's not coming back etalian, it's time to let go

I honestly would not be surprised if she made another attempt at it. There's also more than enough institutional power still backing her as well as intangibles like tarnished pride, spite, and fear of the left that she could make a strong showing in the primaries.

Also the hillfolk are craven sickos, so that helps.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

etalian posted:

I think with the state of the base right now she would be used as a punching bag and split the establishment vote so a good dem could get through. Bring it on!

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

auto genocide is when all the cars die

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

i thought auto-genocide wasn't that bad

"Worse" ≠ "not that bad"

You keep loving that strawman tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

steinrokkan posted:

what's her point? the "intelligence community" of spooks was secretly right about Iraq because a bunch of idiot prime ministers in europe went along with their bullshit?

her point is that it was disrespectful of Trump to speak ill of the intel community while standing in one of the US "allies" in the intel community

an ally which the US picked up during the invasion of Iraq and harbored CIA black sites for them

• Locked thread