Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If they try this again, they'll fail again. Racist lunatics are the majority of the party.

Pretty much. Economic conservatism is dead, and the only thing keeping the republicans in power is pretending to promise prosperity through white supremacism. If they try to run a socially moderate fiscal conservative they 100% will lose their own primaries. Again.

They're only going to be more dependent on that faction if democrats wise up and start adopting economic prosperity without the caveat of racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

As soon as Trump is out of the way, the GOP are going to pick up that 2012 postmortem and get right back to sanitizing the party to prepare for changing demographics. I don't see a lot of enthusiasm from the alt-right for a Rubio/Haley ticket, and that is probably where the party is headed.

Hah, no. That's where the party's leaders want to head, sure. But the base that dominates Republican primaries is going to vote for any crazy conman who tells them what they want to hear.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hahaha, little bitch rejected.

https://twitter.com/CoachBilly1/status/882933218282020864

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Supposedly that was because in Poland women shake hands with women and men shake hands with men, they don't normally cross over. You would think the president of the United States would know this.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Supposedly that was because in Poland women shake hands with women and men shake hands with men, they don't normally cross over. You would think the president of the United States would know this.

If the State Department were properly staffed, yeah there would have been a protocol officer coaching him before this trip.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

His face, though. Already thinking up mean things to tweet about her.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Drone posted:

If the State Department were properly staffed, yeah there would have been a protocol officer coaching him before this trip.

At least they convinced him not to grab her by the pussy.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Drone posted:

And if the president's brain was properly staffed he may have understood said coaching.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Drone posted:

They probably did and he heard "Blah blah blah blah" while wondering about lunch.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Sinteres posted:

At least they convinced him not to grab her by the pussy.

They made him leave the tic tacs on the plane

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
My greatest wish after the election was that at some point, somebody would switch out recorded intro audio for Trump for some event with the pussy-grab audio. Make him stand up in front of everyone listening to his own words.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BarbarianElephant posted:

They probably did and he heard "Blah blah blah blah" while wondering about lunch.

Does he wonder about lunch? It seems like he eats the same things basically every day for decades.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Thalantos posted:

I'm a native southerner.

Ya'll.

That's a lot of words but what all of us who grew up in the south surrounded by horrible people know is that there are normal people in there too. Nobody is telling the people defecting from horribleness that they, too, are horrible.

Y'all.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Does he wonder about anything really?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LaserShark posted:

His face, though. Already thinking up mean things to tweet about her.

Seriously. Trump rarely smiles and when he does it's some sort of phony, smug ugliness that looks like it's gonna break his stupid face. The man is a joyless unapolgetic rear end in a top hat who thinks being rich and mean to people is a virtue and a sign of strength. A true American basically. We've gotten exactly what we deserve and a true symbol of our values and our priorities.

I saw it coming for a while - the downward spiral, the worship of materialism, the lack of discourse, the dumbing down of the populace - I just never imagined it would happen so loving fast. I remain positively astonished at how far we've fallen and just how quickly. It's like years of not funding education, right wing propaganda, the proliferation of advertising, worshiping guns and violence and raising our kids through the TV culminated all at once.

The warm fuzzy feelings I got watching Obama onstage election night in 2008 seem like an eternity ago.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If they try this again, they'll fail again. Racist lunatics are the majority of the party.

It's going to be hard for your average racist GOP millionaire/billionaire to survive the primary the way Trump did. I also fully expect that as soon as Trump is re-elected, steps down at the end of his term, or loses, the RNC will make tenure as a Republican elected official a requirement to shut out future Trump wannabes, and keep the pool of candidates to the donor-approved list.

You will definitely have your Trumpist congressmen, but at the presidential level, the door is slamming shut as soon as it's clear Trump is done in DC. I expect we will see something similar from the Democrats as well to prevent any future Bernie-wannabes taking over. The alt-right is not going to have a candidate to rally behind after Trump, and will likely be at war with both parties. The new economic reality will likely prevent most of the young alt-right from growing into the sorts of people the GOP establishment caters to.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Mozi posted:

My greatest wish after the election was that at some point, somebody would switch out recorded intro audio for Trump for some event with the pussy-grab audio. Make him stand up in front of everyone listening to his own words.

Haven't you heard? Sexual assault is manly. He would probably be proud of it.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

The Fourth of July

I wouldn't read too much into it; this is seriously how 4th celebrations work everywhere in America, and have for a while. I mean, I get the sense of despair, but we're not in full unironic goose-step mode (yet). Also, you are in Florida, so your description sounds more subdued than I'd expect (full auto gunfire into the air while Bigfoot flies over a bus is how I envision the average day in Florida).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress DONALD TRUMP

He's STILL walking around in speeches trying to say someone other than Russia hacked us, "It could have been anyone"! What a loving rear end in a top hat! We have congressional testimony from the heads of the IC stating their unequivocal belief that Russia hacked us. We have members of congressional intelligence committees stating in public hearings that all evidence points to Russia and they believe Russia hacked us.

If maybe someone else hacked us, Donnie, who? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Why are you ignoring YOUR loving INTEL CHIEFS and stating some dumb thing that you believe makes YOU looks better?

gently caress YOU.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

business hammocks posted:

And what would a confederate have thought of a polish person, I wonder?

probably slightly negative things on balance but mostly because they were a pretty heavily northern demographic (like, uh, most European immigrant groups at that time)

Actually, huh, apparently the Confederacy was begging Polish resistance fighters who had just been run out by Russia to come and join the struggle. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shlomo Palestein posted:

I wouldn't read too much into it; this is seriously how 4th celebrations work everywhere in America, and have for a while. I mean, I get the sense of despair, but we're not in full unironic goose-step mode (yet). Also, you are in Florida, so your description sounds more subdued than I'd expect (full auto gunfire into the air while Bigfoot flies over a bus is how I envision the average day in Florida).

No mention of alligators, therefore inaccurate.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress DONALD TRUMP

He's STILL walking around in speeches trying to say someone other than Russia hacked us, "It could have been anyone"! What a loving rear end in a top hat! We have congressional testimony from the heads of the IC stating their unequivocal belief that Russia hacked us. We have members of congressional intelligence committees stating in public hearings that all evidence points to Russia and they believe Russia hacked us.

If maybe someone else hacked us, Donnie, who? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Why are you ignoring YOUR loving INTEL CHIEFS and stating some dumb thing that you believe makes YOU looks better?

gently caress YOU.

Because he is hoping to stir the pot enough that people don't believe Russia hacked anyone. Which will be useful when he is impeached for collusion with Russia.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Mozi posted:

My greatest wish after the election was that at some point, somebody would switch out recorded intro audio for Trump for some event with the pussy-grab audio.
Think about that.

Are you sure this would make his approval ratings go down instead of up?

Like, if you had to bet money on that result, would it be a safe bet?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Seeing the stars and stripes just makes me depressed anymore, so throw me in with the "July 4th sucked" crowd. Anyone who covers themselves in those colors have a 300% chance of shooting a door to door salesman because he was too brown, so everyone else getting decked out as well feels hollow.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

Because he is hoping to stir the pot enough that people don't believe Russia hacked anyone. Which will be useful when he is impeached for collusion with Russia.

His naked, lone wolf attempts to pocket sand the public on Russia will play so poorly for him in the impeachment hearings.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

business hammocks posted:

And what would a confederate have thought of a polish person, I wonder?

That's strongly dependent on their thoughts on States' rights

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously. Trump rarely smiles and when he does it's some sort of phony, smug ugliness that looks like it's gonna break his stupid face. The man is a joyless unapolgetic rear end in a top hat who thinks being rich and mean to people is a virtue and a sign of strength. A true American basically. We've gotten exactly what we deserve and a true symbol of our values and our priorities.

I saw it coming for a while - the downward spiral, the worship of materialism, the lack of discourse, the dumbing down of the populace - I just never imagined it would happen so loving fast. I remain positively astonished at how far we've fallen and just how quickly. It's like years of not funding education, right wing propaganda, the proliferation of advertising, worshiping guns and violence and raising our kids through the TV culminated all at once.

The warm fuzzy feelings I got watching Obama onstage election night in 2008 seem like an eternity ago.

Actually the main problem is that (too many politically important) people got poor, the attributes you point out were pervasive strains in American life for many, many decades already.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I think he just wants so badly for Putin to like him that he doesn't want to go on record poo poo-talking Russia right before their meeting. He wants to shake hands and talk about FAKE NEWS and not have to answer uncomfortable questions.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
I feel there's not enough chat and concern about his statements in Poland.

*gets asked about Russia's meddling*

"Obama bad, okay? he's so bad. wrongness Obama all the times, okay?"

How is he not already impeached? What's he going to do at G-20, suck his dick? Republicans saying, "there's nothing legally wrong with sucking a Russian dictator's penis, sorry snowflake libtards."

It sure feels like it's getting pretty close to that point.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/business/status/882945021007278080

Lower than excepted job numbers estimated ahead the the government's report tomorrow.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's astonishing that the nyt would publish an op-ed arguing that the democrats need to "move to the center" to win. have they been in a coma for the past year. or two decades.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pepito sanchez posted:

I feel there's not enough chat and concern about his statements in Poland.

*gets asked about Russia's meddling*

"Obama bad, okay? he's so bad. wrongness Obama all the times, okay?"

How is he not already impeached? What's he going to do at G-20, suck his dick? Republican's saying, "there's nothing legally wrong with sucking a Russian dictator's penis, sorry snowflake libtards."

*watches as trump places his lips directly on putin's rear end in a top hat on live tv*

Heh, triggered, libs????????

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's astonishing that the nyt would publish an op-ed arguing that the democrats need to "move to the center" to win. have they been in a coma for the past year. or two decades.

That would be the rich continuing to make sure that no matter what happens with trump, they will always, always, always be in control.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

I think he just wants so badly for Putin to like him that he doesn't want to go on record poo poo-talking Russia right before their meeting. He wants to shake hands and talk about FAKE NEWS and not have to answer uncomfortable questions.

I can't wait for the meeting so that his infamous "Repeat what the last person told me" routine hits, and he just declares martial law and a "temporary" stay of the Bill of Rights because Putin offhandedly suggested he could do it to make things easier for himself.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Op-ed sections of newspapers have always been the den of the stupid and deranged.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

pepito sanchez posted:

Republicans saying, "there's nothing legally wrong with sucking a Russian dictator's penis, sorry snowflake libtards."

If you think pussy grabbing is macho, try a throat full of Putin! Manly America Great Again!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Seeing the stars and stripes just makes me depressed anymore, so throw me in with the "July 4th sucked" crowd. Anyone who covers themselves in those colors have a 300% chance of shooting a door to door salesman because he was too brown, so everyone else getting decked out as well feels hollow.

I went to see fireworks in an immigrant heavy town and the most American flaggy outfits were on people speaking Spanish.

God forbid people celebrate, Jesus. I can't imagine how depressing some of you people must be around Christmas.

Edit: most of the trumpy types all fled in terror when the rain and lightening started. The immigrants all stuck it out and cheered real loud. Groups of kids every color of the racial rainbow played tag together.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 6, 2017

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
At least I loving felt a very real disgust inside me while I watched him responding to the journalist in Poland. There's so much dismissal in his tone, so much disdain in his words. Every day, I'm a little more surprised at the tolerance of the U.S.A. people, putting up with this blatant, dementia-ridden authoritarian.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pepito sanchez posted:

At least I loving felt a very real disgust inside me while I watched him responding to the journalist in Poland. There's so much dismissal in his tone, so much disdain in his words. Every day, I'm a little more surprised at the tolerance of the U.S.A. people, putting up with this blatant, dementia-ridden authoritarian.

We do it because the alternative is much, much worse.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I went to see fireworks in an immigrant heavy town and the most American flaggy outfits were on people speaking Spanish.

God forbid people celebrate, Jesus. I can't imagine how depressing some of you people must be around Christmas.

Clinical depression is the secret weapon of the resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Even during the 1990's the majority of this country was just squeaking along. For a whole lot of people in the Midwest and the south and other pockets like Upstate New York, the 1990's was just another decade where things got chipped away a little further...the plant paired down in staffing...again...more young people got educated and moved away. This was happening while the coastal areas and large metros were seeing astronomical gains...and even that was uneven. Thing is, everyone still watched television and all the bubbleheads like Maria Baritromo on CNBC were shouting how loving sun-shiny everything was before Bernie Ebbers, Kenneth Lay and Dennis Kozlowski (sp) were revealed to be billion dollar fraud goblins and shipping pet food to peoples' doorsteps as your only business model or just being Yahoo gave you a higher valuation than The Walt Disney Company.

Prices were still relatively low, healthcare was only moderately financially scary, college tuition was still somewhat reasonable and homesteading outside of the most economically dead areas was still seen as attainable.

Then the internet took full hold and ripped that whole slew of bullshit illusions away.

In a way Trump is the ID of a good section of White America (the in-group) who realizes that poo poo is probably all lost at this point. So they went and elected the pinnacle of bullshit to the most important executive office of the land.

• Locked thread