Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So I recently caught the Hiromu Jr. Title matches against Dragon Lee and Ricochet thanks to AXS's on demand offerings and I am hooked on Hiromu. What are some must see matches from him? Of course I plan to watch the Dragon Lee series, but other than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That DICK! posted:

Has anyone reported ticket sales/crowd attendance for both nights?

2300 sellouts both nights.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

2300 sellouts both nights.

Is the Hogan memphis abortion still the largest "indy" show in the US?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Is the Hogan memphis abortion still the largest "indy" show in the US?

Not even close. Smoky Mountain did several shows in the 4-6,000 range. More recently NEW has done several shows with more than 3,000. ROH did 3,500 this year and there have been a few indies that have done 3-4,000.

I believe the paid for the Hogan show was <1,500.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I Before E posted:

So I recently caught the Hiromu Jr. Title matches against Dragon Lee and Ricochet thanks to AXS's on demand offerings and I am hooked on Hiromu. What are some must see matches from him? Of course I plan to watch the Dragon Lee series, but other than that?

His KUSHIDA matches

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I Before E posted:

Watch that series, then jump to WK11 and watch all his singles matches since then; they're all really good.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I Before E posted:

Pretty much any singles match in 2017. Especially the KUSHIDA ones at Wrestle Kingdom and Dominion

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Kawato Vs Dick Togo on the Lion Gate show was great. It was probably the best LG show to date

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the kamaitachi vs maximo hair vs hair match was good too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He also had a fun match with Mike Elgin in PWG back when he was still Kamataichi. I think the show was Prince?

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
"In Tokyo Sports Takaaki Kidani said the #njusa shows were a huge success and he'd like to try a "touring style not later than March/April".

He added that the LA office will be opened within this year and the LA dojo will be opened at the beginning of 2018."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bankok posted:

"In Tokyo Sports Takaaki Kidani said the #njusa shows were a huge success and he'd like to try a "touring style not later than March/April".

He added that the LA office will be opened within this year and the LA dojo will be opened at the beginning of 2018."

Oh poo poo. Crazy that they want to bring back the LA Dojo. I was there for a couple years.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If the West Coast territory is really gonna be a thing then they better come up here to the Northwest sometime

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Benne posted:

If the West Coast territory is really gonna be a thing then they better come up here to the Northwest sometime

New Japan can have it for all I care, not like there are any promotions worth a drat in Seattle or Portland.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Jack Anderson posted:

New Japan can have it for all I care, not like there are any promotions worth a drat in Seattle or Portland.

We will give you too much money even for Cody vs Billy Gunn headed cards please save us.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Oh poo poo. Crazy that they want to bring back the LA Dojo. I was there for a couple years.

Like, as an employee? That's pretty cool.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Like, as an employee? That's pretty cool.

no I think Rob did some training

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

no I think Rob did some training

Yeah I did training there. Looking back at the people there at that time was nuts too. My trainers were Rocky Romero, Nakamura, and Karl Anderson. The TM 61 dudes were training there at the time, even Balor was training there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So we're all voting Daryl as Best Non-Wrestler this year, right?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Benne posted:

Maybe, but I was going to consider the IWGP IC belt for Naito's abuse of it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

:daryl:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 6, 2017

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

If Kemonito gets robbed for a 15th straight year I will be very angry.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love you, Wrestlehut 2000 :shobon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/scott_goldie87/status/882699885518237696
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/882732805393793028

@Kidani: Make the match

:daryl: Our Next US Champ

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 6, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I know that Daryl isn't Takahashi's first friend/prop but does he usually take it this far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RHAyTcXuq4

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

I know that Daryl isn't Takahashi's first friend/prop but does he usually take it this far?

what you don't go to theme parks with loved ones

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fact he goes mostly in gear is even better

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He lives the gimmick apparently.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Hiromu Takahasi is a goddamn treasure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I bet the staff at Disneyland didn't even blink, I imagine they see some weird poo poo day to day.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
We used to hate Okada and Naito too. Jedo/Gedo are bookers of the century.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

He used to film himself bathing with the jr heavyweight title and the Daryl thing is an extension of him getting frustrated and doing interviews as a cat (meowing on all fours) when he lost matches in BOSJ

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also speak for yourself I have always loved tetsuya naito

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it would be interesting to see a major US promotion with a young boy system considering how much less forgiving US fans are inclined to be

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oatgan posted:

He used to film himself bathing with the jr heavyweight title and the Daryl thing is an extension of him getting frustrated and doing interviews as a cat (meowing on all fours) when he lost matches in BOSJ

Ahahahaha where can I see these?

Actually, is there a good source for NJPW vignettes/interviews/etc.? I am fortunate enough to be able to watch NJPW on AXS but sometimes commentary mentions things that wrestlers have said or done and the AXS show strictly focuses on the in-ring events and post-match interviews. So much of wrestling is character work, to me at least, and I want a better handle on who I'm seeing. I love Okada's matches (SHOCKING, right?) but I have no handle on his character except that his pose makes the camera run away, and money falls from the sky when he enters.

I love Naito and LIJ in general but I only see their in-ring antics and I'd love to see more. Time bomb taking a bath with his title sounds amazing. I also love the contrast there, that Naito and Takahashi are bros but Naito treats his belts like garbage and Takashi treats his like he's in love with it.

dromal phrenia fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 6, 2017

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Spermgod posted:

it would be interesting to see a major US promotion with a young boy system considering how much less forgiving US fans are inclined to be

I mean, people in Florida have been watching Lana wrestle for months, so why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

Ahahahaha where can I see these?

the best source of hiromu takahashi content is his twitter where we all got to see him lust after his title

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/844965094752567297
https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/850686226898104321
https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/851129369657360384
https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/854376399653568512

• Locked thread