Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Buttigeig is running too yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

did you guys really spend four pages discussing who's going to run 3 years from now

who cares about that, 2018 has to be won or we're doomed

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've got some bad news for you...

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Buttigeig is running too yeah?

Speaking of Buttigeig remember when Donna Brazile couldn't be bothered to even try to figure out how to pronounce his name before the DNC elections

I mean jesus gently caress what an awful disrespectful idiot.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It's so patently obvious you've lived an extremely sheltered easy life lol

No one cares if some people you dislike benefit from a plan that benefits you.

its true to some extent, depending on how virulently racist they are. low to light levels of racism, which is most people, don't preclude them from supporting social programs, in my experience. their other concerns are things like "who will get it?" to which our response should be "everyone" and "who's gonna pay" to which we say "the rich"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

I'll reiterate again that I'm sure my perspective is warped from the monsters I work with, but I can tell you that while this may be the case, it's extremely hard to convince someone who has a steady diet of fox and radio that any sort of plan will benefit them, the poor downtrodden white man, equally as a minority. They think government programs exist solely to support minorities. It's a mental trick they pull to rationalize the concepts of "I'm genetically superior to black people" and "I'm just as loving poor as them"

Of course it's extremely hard, but you'll get enough white workers that don't think like that to basically mirror Reagan in the 80s. People are sick of BAU, especially the working class

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

I'll reiterate again that I'm sure my perspective is warped from the monsters I work with, but I can tell you that while this may be the case, it's extremely hard to convince someone who has a steady diet of fox and radio that any sort of plan will benefit them, the poor downtrodden white man, equally as a minority. They think government programs exist solely to support minorities. It's a mental trick they pull to rationalize the concepts of "I'm genetically superior to black people" and "I'm just as loving poor as them"

maybe if instead of means testing everything we open the programs up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

Speaking of Buttigeig remember when Donna Brazile couldn't be bothered to even try to figure out how to pronounce his name before the DNC elections

Brazile didn't even want to be chair because she had to step down from her consulting company lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

and it seems the current regime of Fox misinformation standing in the way of change suits you and your confederates quite excellently, it's a great excuse for shooting down "fiscally irresponsible" ideas, isn't it :tipshat:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

"Uh yeah uh mister sand-erz, it sure golly sounds like this here plan of yours may help the coloreds too? I don't think I can stand for that, theyz need to stop bein lazy"

why the quotes? you don't need to hide your personal racism here in the suck zone.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

why the quotes? you don't need to hide your personal racism here in the suck zone.

you can't be racist against white people

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

minorities and the poor is the platonic ideal of a winning left coalition

trying to add a large number of educated people to the coalition will invariably skew it to the right because they have more wealth and power than the other two groups. this is exactly what happened with the rightward drift of the dems and labour when clinton tried to poach educated people from the republicans

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Jul 6, 2017

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

booty judge is ready

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jazerus posted:

booty judge is ready

I'm the Bat Thong

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

did you guys really spend four pages discussing who's going to run 3 years from now

i can hardly wait for every single bad dem candidate in 2018 to run on a platform of consolidating federal data centers

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shear Modulus posted:

minorities and the poor is the platonic ideal of a winning left coalition

trying to rear end a large number of educated people to the coalition will invariably skew it to the right because they have more wealth and power than the other two groups. this is exactly what happened with the rightward drift of the dems and labour when clinton tried to poach educated people from the republicans

Yea this

The educated can come along if they want, but I ain't gonna concern myself with their needs

They can do that by themselves

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Then we are doomed.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Then we are doomed.

We were doomed ever since Obama promised hope and change and then gave us more of the same

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

time to give up

full nihilism now

Serf
May 5, 2011

so what if we're doomed? fight back anyways because gently caress them

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

We were doomed ever since Obama promised hope and change and then gave us more of the same

At least since then, sure. I'd say the ultimate failure of the new deal and the total and complete impotence of democracy in the face of capitalism were earlier signs this wasn't going to turn out well.

Americans stupidly think/thought they had unlimited time to fix this with our extremely stupid republic but reality doesn't give a gently caress about the preferred timeframe of a nation of pants shitters.

AstheWorldWorlds has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Jul 6, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh posted:

The only two people I'd be an automatic "yes" on right now are Warren and Bernie. Anyone else I either don't know enough about or don't trust that they aren't, at best, an Obama who would campaign from the left but then go hard center the moment they're elected.

:agreed: Depending on what the choices ar,e I could be swayed if anyone manages to come across as authentic enough in their campaign, but it's mostly a trust issue. Warren and Sanders are the ones I trust already; anyone else would have to win me over.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Did I do good?

I'm just asking, because the last person I donated to was Tim Canova and I heard he was bad post his "hype train".

an excellent example for what we should all aspire to

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Serf posted:

its true to some extent, depending on how virulently racist they are. low to light levels of racism, which is most people, don't preclude them from supporting social programs, in my experience. their other concerns are things like "who will get it?" to which our response should be "everyone" and "who's gonna pay" to which we say "the rich"

Means testing is an amazing way to make sure a program doesn't ever have broad support.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/882832126558732289

Hahahahahahaha

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

you can't be racist
:rolleye:

I missed when you didn't troll as much. Seems like the more work stresses you the more you take it out into the suck void.

~namaste

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Means testing is an amazing way to make sure a program doesn't ever have broad support.

imagine if we took every person advocating for means testing and shot them into the sun

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Serf posted:

imagine if we took every person advocating for means testing and shot them into the sun

but would that solve racism?

what's that? oh it would? oh

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Just this one time it is okay to doxx me like that.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

My brain can't handle this poo poo anymore

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

When pressed for the persons real name all Booker could do is stammer "Tyrone.... Tyrone" then with a quick series of punctuated snaps of his finger "Ah yes, Tyrone Smithers. That's him"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm T-bone AMA.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

is this a real thing

Cory Booker invented an imaginary drug-dealer friend :eyepop:

like, i know it's very clearly spelled out in the tweet, I just wanted to type that out because it is so absurd

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

When pressed for the persons real name all Booker could do is stammer "Tyrone.... Tyrone" then with a quick series of punctuated snaps of his finger "Ah yes, Tyrone Smithers. That's him"

:lol:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

wow big shocker, bernie going to give speeches to WHITE people smdh

This shows that Bernie doesn't care about minorities.

(please hire me Pete Daou)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nobody outside of a sitcom or a dog has ever been named T-bone lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im not racist my best friend is an imaginary black drug dealer named t bone

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I doubt trust any candidates from coastal Dem states, being in safe blue districts their whole career means they don't have clue how win back the rest of the country.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ibSvOWAMg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

"I tried to call him one time but my friend... Erykah...Erykah, that's her, said I can't use her phone"

• Locked thread