Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Friends,

I'm excited to announce that I am seeking the Democratic nomination for state representative in my district.

I'm running on a platform of:

100% Free Healthcare on an NHS model - no backsliding 'single-payer' liberalism

100% Free Public Education, pre-K through college

100% Free daycare

100% Free abortion on demand

100% Solidarity with the Cuban government

100% Non-Aggression towards DPRK

100% Non-Aggression towards the Assad regime

100% Annihilation of the bourgeoisie

100% People's War in solidarity with the third world toilers

100% Anti-Amerikkka

I look forward to the Suck Zone's endorsement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

We were doomed ever since Obama promised hope and change and then gave us more of the same
nah you just need a thesaurus

fellow humans, i promise you uh... *squints at teleprompter* buoyancy and metamorphosis

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

but enough talk, have at you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

nobody outside of a sitcom or a dog has ever been named T-bone lol

What more imaginary Booker imaginary drug lord friend or the concept that Dems would actually try to pass progressive legislation in California?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

etalian posted:

I doubt trust any candidates from coastal Dem states, being in safe blue districts their whole career means they don't have clue how win back the rest of the country.

This is 100% true for Massachusetts at least. The dems here are a garbage fire.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
cory booker is a maoist third worldist cynically exploiting upper middle class liberal fantasies to raise money for the naxalite insurgency

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

GalacticAcid posted:

Friends,

I'm excited to announce that I am seeking the Democratic nomination for state representative in my district.

100% Free daycare

100% Anti-Amerikkka

No oil lamps?

:saddowns:

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
We passed a voter initiative legalizing cannabis and overnight it was being assaulted full force by bad dems all across the state. Completely and totally worthless here.

AstheWorldWorlds has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Jul 6, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

The practical nature of Bernie was that he had multiple political setbacks in his career and had to earn his bones before becoming the most popular Senator in the US.

This be contrasted to bad dems like Hillary who got their Senate seat handed to them on silver platter by the dem political machines.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Our state-level government is so Democratic that political party affiliation doesn't actually mean anything anymore at that level, they're all just "miscellaneous politician" flavor (SEE: GOP Charlie and Dem Marty being best friends and basically indistinguishable from each other)

but I still maintain that our Senators and most of our Congressmen are at least sort of good (Stephen Lynch sucks though, and Ed Markey is kind of a doof but his heart's in the right place)

Warren could be painted as an ivory-tower elitist pretty easily but the GOP will never do that because they'll be too busy making native-American jokes over and over which no one will care about

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

Friends,

100% Free daycare

100% Anti-Amerikkka

no support for palestine? no non aggression toward iran? no guillotine for mcconnell and ryan? dealbreakers

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

We passed a voter initiative legalizing cannabis and overnight it was being assaulted full force by bad dems all across the state. Completely and totally worthless here.

Weed just ain't as *pragmatic* as good ol' Pharma :grin:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie Sanders

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

no support for palestine? no non aggression toward iran? no guillotine for mcconnell and ryan? dealbreakers

haha look at this guy who wants rainbows and ponies

get on board bernie bro, i'm giving you 95% of what you want :smuggo:

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

Our state-level government is so Democratic that political party affiliation doesn't actually mean anything anymore at that level, they're all just "miscellaneous politician" flavor (SEE: GOP Charlie and Dem Marty being best friends and basically indistinguishable from each other)

but I still maintain that our Senators and most of our Congressmen are at least sort of good (Stephen Lynch sucks though, and Ed Markey is kind of a doof but his heart's in the right place)

Warren could be painted as an ivory-tower elitist pretty easily but the GOP will never do that because they'll be too busy making native-American jokes over and over which no one will care about

Still pretty garbage. Thomas Frank talks a bit about the political and economic situation in Massachusetts and he is entirely correct in my estimation. I don't think anyone here could win over the rest of the country, and even then, their governance has not been great, only being an improvement over republicans because they aren't actually insane. They would undoubtedly just replay the mistakes of the party itself; even Warren.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

will any candiates run on legal weed in 2020? seems like a no brainer and would be widely popular to me. my suggestion for a winning 2020 platform is basically medicare for all and legal weed

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

will any candiates run on legal weed in 2020? seems like a no brainer and would be widely popular to me. my suggestion for a winning 2020 platform is basically medicare for all and legal weed

I would be incredibly surprised. Virtually everywhere it was legalized was done through voter initiative, iirc.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I would be incredibly surprised. Virtually everywhere it was legalized was done through voter initiative, iirc.

The only things that won in November across the country were the higher minimum wage and legalized weed referendums.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how many more of these loving pieces do we need before the democrats are on equal footing with jill stein

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

how many more of these loving pieces do we need before the democrats are on equal footing with jill stein

I wonder how compromised Jill Stein is in reality.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jimmy Dore interviews author Thomas Frank on why the bad dems are getting wrecked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TnS_P4JGDc

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Holy poo poo I thought it was zeger mans this entire time. Ze germans makes way more sense, though.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Nonsense posted:

Bernie Sanders
:prepop: go on...

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

etalian posted:

Jimmy Dore interviews author Thomas Frank on why the bad dems are getting wrecked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TnS_P4JGDc

That's a good book, it'll make yas real mad at the democrats and make all these issues seem just long coming. The turn to the right was calculated and was supposed to enshrine the democrats' power. It failed utterly.

It's pretty funny to watch Dore yammer on about how he's being attacked in the guise of an interview

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

That's a good book, it'll make yas real mad at the democrats and make all these issues seem just long coming. The turn to the right was calculated and was supposed to enshrine the democrats' power. It failed utterly.

It's pretty funny to watch Dore yammer on about how he's being attacked in the guise of an interview

Tom Frank owns and has some pretty good interviews/books on why the bad dems have failed so miserably:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ4AlwewH8Y

The big switch especially for rust belt swing states is not something that magically happenend overnight, it's the end result of New Democrats being highjack the party
and decided to ditch FDR"s coalition.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/882972431471792129

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thomas Frank was invited on TV all the time back when he criticized Republicans, now he's on YouTube.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey folks dems still bad????

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zhulik posted:

Holy poo poo I thought it was zeger mans this entire time. Ze germans makes way more sense, though.

cool story zegermans posted in lf a lot and was considered a bad poster to the point "shut up zegermans" was an epic lf meme

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
starting to see a lot of anti-dprk propaganda on fb, trumps gonna start a war and get 14 million poeple killed lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ace of Baes posted:

starting to see a lot of anti-dprk propaganda on fb, trumps gonna start a war and get 14 million poeple killed lol

tbf an encyclopedia entry on north korea is anti-dprk propaganda

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

hey folks dems still bad????

Mostly.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zhulik posted:

Same.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

consumed by normies posted:

cool story zegermans posted in lf a lot and was considered a bad poster to the point "shut up zegermans" was an epic lf meme

Whoa

I thought I came up with that

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zegermans used to post under an alias "t-paine" in LF true story

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is zegermans like WJ- a libertarian turned Shillbot?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

Republican political cartoonists are turning up the North Korea stuff too, the only question is whether this will turn out to be saber-rattling misdirection or actual bomb-dropping people-killing misdirection

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

zegermans used to post under an alias "t-paine" in LF true story

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Frijolero posted:

wow, mods?

What do you want Homework Explainer to give him a pat on the back

• Locked thread