Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

e: a schadentastic snyep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/QId1TN1.gifv

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oh my word this is one of the best I've ever seen in this thread. It's perfect!

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Clever girl.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:five:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

So what are valid proofs of residency then?

In pre-Walker Wisconsin, I used a utility bill with my name on it to prove residency, not sure if that's still cool, but it worked in the past.

In Minnesota, beyond the normal stuff like a license or some pieces of mail, you can also have someone who is registered to vote and lives in the same precinct vouch for your residency. Anyone can vouch for, I think, up to three people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Azathoth posted:

In Minnesota, beyond the normal stuff like a license or some pieces of mail

a paper bag, maybe?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Thou shalt not steal

It ain't stealing if you pay someone else to do it. Checkmate atheists. :colbert:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And then there were poll taxes. Oohhh boy poll taxes. Conveniently priced so that your bog standard white guy could pay but not a recently freed black guy. If you didn't pay one year then well I'm sorry there boyo you gots to pay for both years.

Lots of other things were like this too. Towns would implement taxes on moving to that town. White people could probably afford it, but there was no way a free black man was going to afford a $100 tax to move to Savannah. There were various laws that banned the sale of cheap firearms, with the understanding that this banned only the sorts of firearms that former slaves could afford while allowing most whites to remain armed themselves, and in the event that a poor white person ran afoul of the law, well, it just wasn't enforced against him.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

a paper bag, maybe?

Nice.

But seriously, Minnesota has been working recently to make voting as easy as possible, so no restrictions on mail-in ballots, lots of in-person early voting, voting down a voter ID amendment etc. And frankly, having two highly public and partisan recounts in recent memory show that vote counts here are incredibly accurate has helped put a big tamper on the usual Republican voter fraud scaremongering.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gorilla Salad posted:

a paper bag, maybe?

Nah our method in MN of denying black people the right to vote is to murder them in the street and then acquit the killer of all charges :smith:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/addamschloe/status/882971370283565056

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

MariusLecter posted:

They throw the whole box away. People are fine with this tactic because more votes usually means more Dem. votes so keeping down the total amount of votes is a good strategy.
That concept is that the republicans are the most reliable voters, so efforts to expand the ease of voting tends to draw in more votes for democrats. It does not apply to throwing out a random batch of actual votes, as that's just as likely to hit the republicans.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Gorilla Salad posted:

a paper bag, maybe?

Minnesota is progressive as gently caress, dude, sorry to deflate your anti-Midwest boner there but it's not like we have this huge budget surplus for following in the footsteps of Kansas, Illinois or Wisconsin.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://i.imgur.com/9H7JHtg.mp4

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

:perfect:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Local schad: this poor Redditor is looking for a girlfriend, gets immediately doxxed as a 'nice guy' m'lady'er who had to post an earlier thread about how to apologize to a girl for 'bullying' her :airquote:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I like that the game's best response to this is to just have the car catch fire, and then almost immediately explode. Like, this would've been good enough just with the car getting stuck in the tree, but the explosion is some interesting decision making.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SpacePig posted:

I like that the game's best response to this is to just have the car catch fire, and then almost immediately explode. Like, this would've been good enough just with the car getting stuck in the tree, but the explosion is some interesting decision making.

It's not uncommon in games with vehicles to have the vehicle self-destruct when the game logic detects that the vehicle is stuck with no possibility of getting free.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Game notices that the front is colliding with the tree -> 10 damage + bump car backwards -> game notices that the rear is inside another tree -> 10 damage + bump car forwards, repeat 60 times/second.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Random facts thread!!!!!

FACT: It's not uncommon in games with guns to have the gun turn into a pepperoni pizza if the game logic detects the user is hungry.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

food court bailiff posted:

Minnesota is progressive as gently caress, dude, sorry to deflate your anti-Midwest boner there but it's not like we have this huge budget surplus for following in the footsteps of Kansas, Illinois or Wisconsin.

every state in america is racist, my dude, if you think Minnesota somehow isn't you're fuckin' delusional

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kennel posted:

Game notices that the front is colliding with the tree -> 10 damage + bump car backwards -> game notices that the rear is inside another tree -> 10 damage + bump car forwards, repeat 60 times/second.

That's what I figured, especially after a few viewing when I finally noticed what seems to be a health bar for the car going down incredibly fast. I mean, I've gotten a vehicle irrecoverably stuck in a game before, it just usually stops running instead of destroying itself.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

InediblePenguin posted:

every state in america is racist, my dude, if you think Minnesota somehow isn't you're fuckin' delusional

It turns out Minnesota was the worst of all

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

She still shook his hand later :smith:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

I'm glad scott walker continues to be a warning

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Perhaps a hamster posted:

She still shook his hand later :smith:

Doesn't matter, it's a beautiful snub and the whole world saw it for the insult that it was.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Proteus Jones posted:

Doesn't matter, it's a beautiful snub and the whole world saw it for the insult that it was.

It's really not an insult but just bad timing on Trump's part.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Takes No Damage posted:

Local schad: this poor Redditor is looking for a girlfriend, gets immediately doxxed as a 'nice guy' m'lady'er who had to post an earlier thread about how to apologize to a girl for 'bullying' her :airquote:

:stare: Wow, what a shitheel that guy is.

At least I found this from his post history: (warning, video loud) https://twitter.com/mrmo410/status/881917517920448512

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Changeling posted:

:stare: Wow, what a shitheel that guy is.

At least I found this from his post history: (warning, video loud) https://twitter.com/mrmo410/status/881917517920448512

What the gently caress? Am I seeing things or does the guy getting beat (gray shirt) get up and start punching one of the guys trying to help him (white shirt)?

Option 1: He's panicking and swinging at anything that moves

Option 2: He's trying to explain to the other guy that this was a social experiment and he should calm down it was just a prank bro

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah, I don't think the guys who jumped in know that guy

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Takes No Damage posted:

What the gently caress? Am I seeing things or does the guy getting beat (gray shirt) get up and start punching one of the guys trying to help him (white shirt)?

Option 2: He's trying to explain to the other guy that this was a social experiment and he should calm down it was just a prank bro

Yeah, I had to watch it a few times to pick that out, but yeah, the guy getting his rear end kicked ends up smacking the guy who went all ninja warrior. At the end it looks like he realizes what is happening, but who knows.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Takes No Damage posted:

It looks like option 1, as the dude he's hitting is trying to get him to calm down and the guy doesn't take a second punch.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Lol if you try to say one state is less racist than another

Everything about this country is incredibly racist

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zakharov posted:

Lol if you try to say one state any place is less racist than another

Everything about this country entire lovely planet is incredibly racist

Fixed in the name of grim reality

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Truly a sin cursed world.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Strudel Man posted:

Truly asian cursed world.

thatsracist.gif

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Cat tries unsuccessfully to eliminate baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ooFFaFPic