Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40484091

quote:

Sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley once hosted a management meeting in a pub where he drank 12 pints and vomited into a fireplace, a court has heard.

The Newcastle United owner is being sued by finance expert Jeffrey Blue at London's High Court.
He claims Mr Ashley often held meetings in pubs, and at one time promised to pay him £15m if he managed to increase Sports Direct's share price to £8.
He said the billionaire only paid him £1m. Mr Ashley disputes the claim.
Mr Justice Leggatt was told the dispute between Mr Blue and Mr Ashley related to an alleged conversation in a London pub called the Horse & Groom in 2013.
Jeffrey Chapman QC, who is leading Mr Blue's legal team, told the judge Mr Ashley's business practices flew in the face of "business orthodoxy".
'Pub lock-in'
Mr Blue said he had attended several senior management meetings at another pub, the Green Dragon in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
He said: "These meetings were like no other senior management meeting I had ever attended in all my years of investment banking experience."

Describing it as a "pub lock-in" where fish and chips and kebabs would be brought in after closing time, he said: "On one such evening, in front of his senior management team,
Mr Ashley challenged a young Polish analyst in my team, Pawel Pawlowski, to a drinking competition.

"Mr Ashley and Pawel would drink pints of lager, with vodka 'chasers' between each pint, and the first to leave the bar area for whatever reason was declared the loser.
"After approximately 12 pints and chasers Pawel apologised profusely and had to excuse himself.
"Mr Ashley then vomited into the fireplace located in the centre of the bar, to huge applause from his senior management team."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that doesn't have the bit about him lying down under a table to sleep if he was bored at a meeting

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

I'm gonna go ahead and cross-post this in the Bad With Money thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

All of this rules, though?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This had me irl lolling

Get Big Sam and his wine pint in this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

This had me irl lolling

Get Big Sam and his wine pint in this

First manager Ashley ever sacked

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

First manager Ashley ever sacked

does that mean Big Sam won or lost the drinking competition with Ashley then?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ashley is giving evidence now
https://twitter.com/OscarWGrut/status/882593589842333696

https://twitter.com/OscarWGrut/status/882599303864348676

https://twitter.com/OscarWGrut/status/882600624310951936

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the man makes a good loving point

not guilty imo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
headline is misleading 12 pints and vomiting into a fire is piss but with shot chasers that's fair enough imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/kirkkorner/status/882912722018500608

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Same

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/883010807755407361
When Footballers Go Feral: The Drugs, Rape, Mutiny and Handjob Megathread

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What a bunch of wankers

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah yes, the very heterosexual ritual of jerking off together

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
there's nothing gay about lending a hand to your mates

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oliwan posted:

nothing wrong with this but doing it at work isn't a good idea

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

No, there's nothing wrong it, but then at least admit that you are gay, instead of continuing the myth that there are no gay footballers innit

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Jose posted:

Depends on where you work

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oliwan posted:

They weren't jerking off together, they were jerking off each other.

:nws: http://deadspin.com/brazilian-soccer-club-rocked-by-locker-room-double-hand-1796682838 :nws:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I just see good, clean locker room fun.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
They didn't get hard, so it wasn't gay.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
It's not gay unless balls touch, at least that's what my Brazilian teammate used to tell me and I'm pretty sure he was straight.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
What if your balls touch while double penetrating a lady?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
dishonorable discharge

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
This seems harsh, I think Szczesny only got fined for having a fag in the changing room.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's a tad disrespectful to Nasri.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
In frankly shocking news apparently a video has emerged of the Millwall fan who fought London Bridge attackers being racist and spitting at people.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bacon Terrorist posted:

In frankly shocking news apparently a video has emerged of the Millwall fan who fought London Bridge attackers being racist and spitting at people.

he probably had no idea they were terrorists

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/12/leicester-owner-king-power-accused-corruption-thailand-duty-free

quote:

The company that owns Leicester City and funded the club’s rise to become 2016 Premier League champions has been accused of multimillion-pound corruption in the operation of its business in Thailand. King Power, owned and run by the Leicester chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, and his son Aiyawatt, is alleged to have corruptly short-changed the Thai government of its agreed share from the company’s lucrative duty free franchise at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

Former Parma player Solomon Nyantakyi has confessed to the murder of his mother and 11-year-old sister, as former Coaches reveal he suffered from depression.

The stabbing shocked the city of Parma, as his elder brother Raymond Nyantakyi returned home from work on Tuesday evening and discovered the scene of the crime.

He found 43-year-old Nfum Patience and 11-year-old Magdalene Nyantakyi stabbed to death. Their father Fred was working in London at the time and trying to lay down roots for his family to follow.

He was stopped by police in Milan and confessed to the crime last night.

The 21-year-old midfielder was a very promising prospect in the Parma youth academy until their bankruptcy in 2015.

“I remember Solomon, he trained with us at Parma and I had him on the bench more than once during Serie A games,” said former Parma Coach Roberto Donadoni, now at Bologna.

“I remember he was very calm, even taciturn. If it really was him who did this, I can’t think what went through his mind. He was a midfielder in the Parma youth academy, then I don’t know what path he took after the bankruptcy.

He moved on to the Tuttocuoio youth team, then played in Serie D with Imolese last season.

Nyantakyi’s contract was not renewed this summer, reportedly after he fell in with a bad crowd, and he is currently a free agent.

I don't think he'll be a free anything for much longer

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Byolante posted:

dishonorable discharge

Used to be like that in the Army too. We called it DDBDBT. Dishonorable Discharge By Dicks/Balls Touching. Lesbians just got put in jail

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I don't think he'll be a free anything for much longer

:eyepop: Jesus Christ

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://en.as.com/en/2017/03/30/football/1490886513_316903.html

Delcir Sonda on Neymar and his father

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Even with these softball questions Sonda comes off as slimeball lmao

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Healbot posted:

Even with these softball questions Sonda comes off as slimeball lmao

Everyone involved sounds like a slimeball, but the barca people worse than the rest

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Arsenal's Majority Shareholder Stan Kroenke is actively promoting the slaughter of endangered animals in the wild. He has launched a TV channel dedicated to blood sports called MOTV. The channel will have regular hunting shows that depict and celebrate the killing of innocent animals including elephants and lions.

One presenter on the channel said “there is no feeling in the world like killing an endangered elephant”. Another presenter travels around Africa shooting animals with bows and arrows and letting them bleed to death. *

This is abhorrent and unethical, and it is something which cannot be associated with Arsenal Football Club.

Achieving #KroenkeOut won't be easy. But the sponsors of Arsenal football club have a huge amount of power, and I think with their help we can create change.

With this petition, our demands are simple:

For Arsenal’s key sponsors: Emirates, Puma, Vitality to publically condemn Kroenke’s actions and call for him to stand down
A meeting between the Arsenal Board, Key Sponsors to the club (including Emirates, Puma, Vitality etc), leading Animal Rights Charities and most importantly: representing members of the international fan bases regarding this situation

Sponsors Emirates, Puma and Vitality have all publicly said they stand against animal cruelty. How can they say this, and then give money to a club whose boss is celebrating and endorsing the killing of vulnerable animals and treating it as entertainment?

If we can show the most influential people in the club just how far reaching our disgust is at our owner and his complete disregard for everything we care about, then we have the potential to achieve change.

Please sign this petition, and together we can get our Arsenal back.

KROENKE OUT

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They should go on a trip to the Emirates and shoot a bunch of donkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

They should go on a trip to the Emirates and shoot a bunch of donkeys.

They do say the emirates sounds like a graveyard