Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I need the poo poo from yellow gear being dismantled.

Yellows are the least efficient to loot because for some reason, they only give 1 per salvage. If you have a lot of blue/white and are lacking in yellow, loot a bunch of yellows and, instead of salvaging them, use the cube recipe to convert them. It will take 1 yellow item, 100 blue or white items (depending which recipe you choose), and 1 death's breath, and give you 100 yellow mats in return. Repeat this a few more times for a quick 1,000 yellow mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You can use vendor items for the recipe too.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Crusader is likely fun if you always want to play solo, don't think it'll be much fun in groups tough, especially the build with falling sword.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Crusader isn't fun for groups because nobody else gets to hit anything while you ride your horsie through the entire dungeon, instantly erasing elites.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
What's a good group character then? Monk?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I was planning on Lightning hydra wizard for next season, from what I get that's pretty good for groups.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

exquisite tea posted:

Crusader isn't fun for groups because nobody else gets to hit anything while you ride your horsie through the entire dungeon, instantly erasing elites.

Is it still LoN bombardment and Hammers forever?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Plavski posted:

Is it still LoN bombardment and Hammers forever?

Yep, same sader build.

Non-season is pretty nutso now, G144 clear on Korea, G139 on US, didnt' bother looking what EU is. Wonder how Blizzard will "punish" the Frailty exploiters. I think a rollback before Necro is the easiest, anything harsher seems dumb in terms of potentially killing off your user base.

Wizard is pretty nutso, fuczzang is a Korean streamer who fishes for solo G113 pretty regularly. One set that is fast for speed GRs (2-3 minute 80s for augments), bounties, solo and group play (hydra but it's a trap, save it for RG/1 yellow).

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I need the poo poo from yellow gear being dismantled.

Clear regular rifts, the mats themselves will drop, and you will get a ton of yellows you can dismantle. Then take your blood shards and spend them on armor pieces, you will get a ton of yellows that way as well.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I just started playing this game and I'm like crusader.

This sounds like totally my jam.

Where can I go to find the build?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

There are actually quite a few ways to do it but they mostly all center around some mixture of Akkhan's + Invoker, thorns damage, and the horsie Flail/Shield combo set. Look up "Crusader speedfarm horse build" and copy whatever you see from 2.5 onward in accordance with the gear you already have.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I never got past T11 efficiently with Akkhan/Invoker compared to 2min T13s on LoN Bombard. It's a bigger pain to gear for though, or at least trying to get ideal rolls on primary AND secondary stats.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

LoNbard is superior in the long run but I'm going to guess as someone new to the game that he won't have many of the pieces required to make it work. Good to save up those ancients for though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Getting your perfect CD-R permahorsey AND having the CDR so that Bombardment perfectly syncs up with the physical CoE boost is like pure diablo Harmony

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Floppychop posted:

I just started playing this game and I'm like crusader.

This sounds like totally my jam.

Where can I go to find the build?

Akkhan set lets you use the +1 breath set while still turning all your attacks into chainsaws for low-mid torment. There's a weapon/shield set dedicated to the horsey. I use it with the "Justice spawns a hammer" belt and it mulches just about everything. Without much ancient gear. I stalled around T7 before needing to switch to Light (Hammerdin + Falling Sword) and while it explodes things to T13 and beyond, dear god is the lack of move skill a killer.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
How far we've come. :allears:

And to think these are only some of the changes that were made to turn D3 into a less crappy game overall.

nerox
May 20, 2001
"I'm not opposed to us adding an "auto-skip" cutscenes option at some point" - Jay Wilson, Noted Terrible Person.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
To me, Diablo 3 is the perfect example of iterative development. It should be used as a case study.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

RecoomesSexyRear posted:

Clear regular rifts, the mats themselves will drop, and you will get a ton of yellows you can dismantle. Then take your blood shards and spend them on armor pieces, you will get a ton of yellows that way as well.

It's far less time consuming to only pick up blues and whites and convert those to yellows as needed.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

lol enrage timers on champions and rare monsters

"hey guys lets let the WoW team build Diablo"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I played a bunch of necro and I think it's too many buttons.

Too much to keep track of . It's like an advanced class.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Fried Watermelon posted:

lol enrage timers on champions and rare monsters

"hey guys lets let the WoW team build Diablo"
A ham-handed attempt at making people not just build completely defensive and spend 15 minutes slowly plinking down elites (which is what happened anyway).

The Greater Rift time limit serves the same purpose but no one seems to mind as much; likewise, the death timer in GRs disincentivizes throwing your body at things until they fall over.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I bought the Diablo 3 battle chest last week and got my first character to 70 (Witch Doctor, super fun) and was thinking about rebirthing for this Season thing. If I rebirth, do I lose everything for all of my characters - gold, items, gear, blacksmith, gem guy, transmog, etc. So basically like starting a new account, or do I get to keep all of that and just reroll back to level 1? Sorry if this info was in the OP.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

flirty dental hygienist posted:

I bought the Diablo 3 battle chest last week and got my first character to 70 (Witch Doctor, super fun) and was thinking about rebirthing for this Season thing. If I rebirth, do I lose everything for all of my characters - gold, items, gear, blacksmith, gem guy, transmog, etc. So basically like starting a new account, or do I get to keep all of that and just reroll back to level 1? Sorry if this info was in the OP.

Everything on your character is mailed to your non-season mailbox (you have 30 days to claim it, but it's easier to just strip them naked and place everything in your stash before the season starts). You keep everything as-is on non-season, but on season, everything is from scratch. At the end of the season, all of your season collected stuff (gold, paragon, items, etc.) are then transferred to non-season and added to your previous stuff.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

All of it will still be there for your non-seasonal characters. The gear you're wearing will be mailed back to you.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Seasonal characters, paragon levels, cube & crafting recipes, and storage are walled off from non-seasonal. You'll start the season naked and alone, like everyone else.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Plavski posted:

To me, Diablo 3 is the perfect example of iterative development. It should be used as a case study.

It has been. You can find Mosquiera on YouTube giving a talk about what went wrong with D3 and how he decided to address it. Apparently Activision sent him over to give a similar talk to the Destiny team for their expansion.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

You keep everything, the only reason to rebirth is to keep all your grift clear records and playtime records per character

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Oh ok, that makes sense. The rebirthed seasonal character will start from scratch and the rest of my guys will still have access to the crafting and all that. Thanks!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Reaper of Souls team was almost a little too good at fixing D3 because then a whole bunch of them got poached to revamp other Activision games like Destiny and eventually Josh Mosqueira left Blizzard to start his own studio.

George
Nov 27, 2004

If we're really lucky they'll bring him back to fix D4.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Travis Day is the current Lead Intern of D3 and he seems like a smart dude. I believe in him and his shiny bald dome.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So what level are people farming mats and legendaries on? Torment XIIi? Or much lower and buzzsawing through stuff so quickly that the lower drop rate is irrelevant?

A buddy twinked my old RoS launch era crusader to hammergod but good god no horse is a pain for stuff that's not crazy, so I'm now using my built up Roland's set and crushing TXIII with no deaths and greater rifts around 70 with plenty of time. I haven't really taken the time to figure out where the sweet spot is for getting the most drops and mats per unit hour.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So what level are people farming mats and legendaries on? Torment XIIi? Or much lower and buzzsawing through stuff so quickly that the lower drop rate is irrelevant?

These don't have to be mutually exclusive with the right setups and items. I think someone has done the numbers and for purely Death's Breath, speeding T11 with Sages beats pure T13, but for legendaries, T13 (and a shrine to RNGesus) will be better, assuming you can blast though it quickly.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just do whatever the highest level you can complete in a decent amount of time. Just remember the higher the grift/torment the more blood shards and the more/better legendaries will drop.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So then what's smarter: doing GR85s and taking 10-12 minutes, or doing 65s and finishing them in 3 minutes?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

So then what's smarter: doing GR85s and taking 10-12 minutes, or doing 65s and finishing them in 3 minutes?

Picking wiz and doing G85s in 3 minutes with other lwiz and a zmonk

Real effort post, I would do the 65s till you have 66 gems, then do 70/75s etc. Swap to your support class and get carried by tryhards like DrSerrod to get gems past 80+

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

After a kind goon plvling me, petcro is FUN. It may not be optimal, and it's squishy as gently caress, but I'm also in tossaway legendaries from my wiz. I expect all the fun I can have, worth the 15 for me. I'll be happy to build some silly gimmick, it's great.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The two most powerful builds in Diablo III are lightning wizard and hammersader.

We have invented nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I just mastered the Rathma set dungeon, and it appears that the tradition of having to downgrade your damage output lest you kill monsters too quickly to complete all objectives is alive and well. :doh: At least they've upped the time limit and made nearby monsters show up on the automap, so it's less of a pain in that respect.