Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/findevan/status/881894437953167360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Rick Michaels get accused/convicted of inappropriate conduct with a minor?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/881690997163524097

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Joey Janela needs to book Haku for next year's Spring Break

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Lio Rush was recently on Ring Rust Radio; you can read a few excerpts and listen to the interview below:

Lio Rush comments on his experience competing and winning the Ring Of Honor Top Prospect tournament:

That experience was absolutely incredible. Just being on the platform itself and being able to be recognized in the world as one of the many top prospects that can be the next guy, that new up and comer that can possibly change a lot of things on a bigger platform. Just wrestling for Ring of Honor has been absolutely incredible. The platform itself is absolutely unbelievable and to be televised on national TV was pretty cool too.

Lio Rush comments on if he’s looking to sign an exclusive deal with a promotion or wants to maintain flexibility in his schedule:

It’s hard to say right now. I know leading up to the end of my Ring of Honor contract, a big reason why I didn’t want to re-sign was because I can have that freedom to be closer to home, be more involved with my son’s childhood and be closer to my family. Also, being able to just control where and when I could wrestle. Those were a big part of me not re-signing with Ring of Honor. At the moment, I’m really enjoying life. I’m enjoying being close to my family and son, and being able to control my own schedule. If other opportunities were to come up, of course I would definitely have to take that into consideration, in considering my family and the current situation I’m in.

Lio Rush on his interest in New Japan Pro Wrestling:

My interest with New Japan is through the roof. It’s one of the only places I haven’t been and that’s crazy for me to say because of my age and how long I’ve been doing this. I’ve been all around the world Canada, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, England and all over the United States, and I feel like Japan is somewhere I could excel at so much and possibly go even bigger and further than me in the United States. I think my style would adapt so well over there. My view on the New Japan Best of Super Juniors, at my age at times I get scared because I’ve accomplished so much so I don’t know what’s next or what else I could accomplish, but the New Japan tournament that’s just something that eats me up. Not that I can’t, but that I wasn’t part of it because it’s the best juniors and cruiserweight in the world and for me not to be part of that is a little frustrating. I would definitely love to be part of New Japan and hopefully be in that tournament one day.

Lio Rush on if he’s been contacted by WWE or if he’d say WWE is one of his long term goals:

Of course, I feel like everybody’s long-term goal should be in the WWE. If you hear anybody say the WWE would never be my main goal, that’s complete bullshit. We all grew up watching WWE; there wasn’t any other thing on TV other than WWE. WWE was the main reason people wanted to actually become a wrestler. My interest in WWE again is through the roof. I haven’t been contacted by WWE, but the playing field right now with the cruiserweights, and that’s been somewhat of a main focus with them, it drives me to become better. It puts a bit of a chip on my shoulder and makes me a little bitter because that is considered to be the best cruiserweights in the world. So for me to not be a part the same conversation with the best cruiserweights in the world with the biggest promotion in the world, it just makes me want to be there that much more.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
That's weird as two/three weeks ago he was telling friends he was coming into NXT as part of a "ROH invasion" angle. Word of which got back to the rest of the ex-ROH guys and caused extreme confusion. Lio is a man child.

I've said in the past on this forum WWE are on the fence with Lio and Dijack. Mostly due to their attitudes. That's still the case.

Roque I don't even know what your contention is these days with me. Subject medicals next week Cole and Red Dragon are NXT bound in August.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So so pleased for him, he kind of missed the boat when he got injured during the cwc qualifier, and it's awesome he's finally getting the attention he deserves

e: and speaking of awesome Welsh wrestlers who deserve to be on the biggest stage, Eddie loving Dennis is going full time, which when you have a job like his is a pretty big deal

https://youtu.be/xS52rZuVVLE

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 6, 2017

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So Rush wants to be close to home yet has interest in NJPW? I know that doesn't mean interest doesn't mean much in terms of where he will actually go but..I was puzzled by those two statements.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

So Rush wants to be close to home yet has interest in NJPW? I know that doesn't mean interest doesn't mean much in terms of where he will actually go but..I was puzzled by those two statements.

He is willing to sacrifice some things for the right opportunity.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

drat...ROH is that bad a the moment?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Tim Donst: The Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAtZ_vQYEvI

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
That was weird and bad and of course had Shlak the Nazi in it. Donst has been good in Nova Pro, though.

Next weekend they are doing title vs. title Donst vs. Starr, where Donst's AIW Absolute belt is against Starr's newly won wXw Shotgun belt. Neither guy has wrestled in the promotion where he could win the belt for, which I guess mean either Starr's booked for AIW soon or it will be a non-finish.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

NJPW tours tend to run for like 3 weeks tops. He could do a couple a year and become a decent level star in New Japan.

Example Michael Elgin and Zack Sabre.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lio Rush would be a fun addition to BOSJ next year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nick Gage, on Twitter, offered to be Janela's partner

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage, please don't do the obvious dumb thing. Go for the even dumber thing.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I hope Haku shoots on Joey Janela, not because Janela is bad but Tama Tonga is better and deserves to use the Bad Boy nickname

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Nick Gage, on Twitter, offered to be Janela's partner

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/883132477279264768

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Hey let's see what deathmatch wrestlers have been up to lately!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYDyu5xCik4

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Whatever happened to necro butcher

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

C. Everett Koop posted:

Hey let's see what deathmatch wrestlers have been up to lately!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYDyu5xCik4

Looks like a good time was had by all!

(well, at least until their medical bills arrived)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Retired June 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Benne posted:

Looks like a good time was had by all!

(well, at least until their medical bills arrived)

well that one guy got his treatment in-ring!!!!!

using needles in deathmatches is the dumbest goddamn thing and i hate it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A while ago somebody posted a picture of him outside his office, he'd gotten a job for a minor league baseball team because of his sabermetrics skills or somesuch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

C. Everett Koop posted:

well that one guy got his treatment in-ring!!!!!

using needles in deathmatches is the dumbest goddamn thing and i hate it

At least in FMW they saved their needle spots for a big, dramatic moment in the match. These idiots are just daggering themselves like 20 times a match and it loses all impact.

Gotta pace yourself and make those spots matter, kiddo!

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

e: and speaking of awesome Welsh wrestlers who deserve to be on the biggest stage, Eddie loving Dennis is going full time, which when you have a job like his is a pretty big deal

https://youtu.be/xS52rZuVVLE

That seems a strange decision to me. He had a really good job, he's mid/late thirties and he's more a fun than great wrestler. I don't really see a ton of opportunities opening up for him just because he's available.

I'm sure he can get by well enough financially on the British indies for a few years, but why? If it were me I'd just keep my job and have fun with my mates on the weekends.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

That seems a strange decision to me. He had a really good job, he's mid/late thirties and he's more a fun than great wrestler. I don't really see a ton of opportunities opening up for him just because he's available.

I'm sure he can get by well enough financially on the British indies for a few years, but why? If it were me I'd just keep my job and have fun with my mates on the weekends.

If you've mostly just seen his stuff in progress with Mark then I can understand seeing him as just fun, but if you can track down some of the main events he's had at attack, or his pair of matches with Hero in chaos then you'd see he really is an amazing wrestler

He's as good as if not better than a lot of wrestlers who've been signed recently

Plus I don't think a lot of people realise just how bloody massive he is, which is gonna get him a long way on it's own

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Skarsnik posted:

If you've mostly just seen his stuff in progress with Mark then I can understand seeing him as just fun, but if you can track down some of the main events he's had at attack, or his pair of matches with Hero in chaos then you'd see he really is an amazing wrestler

He's as good as if not better than a lot of wrestlers who've been signed recently

Plus I don't think a lot of people realise just how bloody massive he is, which is gonna get him a long way on it's own

I think his height stands against him. He looks like a normal persomn who is really tall. If he packed on some muscle or something. But then he'd lose the agility I suppose. Maybe WWE have told him he's got a chance with them though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Probably a bit easier to do if you're not working 60 hours a week as a headmaster

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/883355419787374593

Update: too slow

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/883361356929433601

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 7, 2017

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
That logo looks like something from Nazi Germany.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man I don't know how anyone can do deathmatches.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Evolve/PWX doubleheader tomorrow on FloSlam and Evolve on Sunday.

Saturday
PWX: This Is How We Do It - 3 p.m. ET
PWX Title - Anthony Henry vs. Ethan Case, 2 out of 3 falls
Timothy Thatcher vs. John Skyler
Tracer X vs. Jason Kincaid
Martin Ston vs. Fred Yehi
Darius Lockhart vs. Chase Owens vs. Jason Cade
A Quickie w/ White Mike feat. Corey Hollis

Evolve 88 - 8 p.m. ET
EVOLVE Title - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher, No Holds Barred
EVOLVE Tag Title - Chris Dickinson & JAKA vs. Anthony Henry & James Drake
Keith Lee vs. Ethan Page
Tracy Williams vs. Darby Allin
Trent Baretta vs. Fred Yehi
ACH vs. Austin Theory
Jason Kincaid vs. Caleb Konley

Sunday
Evolve 89 - 8 p.m. ET
Zack Sabre Jr vs. Fred Yehi (Title Match if ZSJ wins Saturday)
Trent Baretta vs. Austin Theory
Keith Lee vs. Tracy Williams
Timothy Thatcher vs. Darby Allin
ACH vs. Ethan Page
Jason Kincaid vs. Jon Davis
Anthony Henry vs. James Drake
Chris Dickinson & JAKA Open Challenge

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Man I don't know how anyone can do deathmatches.

my nigga have u tried lsd/benzos/opiates

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Saturday
PWX: This Is How We Do It - 3 p.m. ET
A Quickie w/ White Mike feat. Corey Hollis

uh

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jubs posted:

I know and it makes wearing my progress shirt awkward.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jubs posted:

at least their world title isn't a nazi power staff anymore

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's what it said lol.

White Mike owns so this will probably own

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's what it said lol.

White Mike owns so this will probably own

Please tell me he comes out to "Don't Call me White" by NOFX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I started watching EVOLVE shows and while the wrestling is typically good, I'm reminded of why I lean into other promotions' more ludicrous / comedic aspects. EVOLVE is played so straight, but so few of the workers can act, and that combined with the low turnouts sucks up all the air in the room - it's just as ridiculous as WWE but WWE plays out in arenas and so there's a hyperreal circus aspect that EVOLVE neither elicits nor tries to elicit. It's like watching community theater, with all the earnest awkwardness that implies.

Also I think someone needs to explain Ethan Page to me. As promos go he seems like the best one on EVOLVE by a mile but his character seems like a weird post-Kevin Steen creature, the kind of character that gets heel heat but knows he gets heel heat and so tries to be a cool heel and it's all messy? I've got friends on Twitter who won't use his name cuz his fans mob people, which seems like the natural endpoint of the Cool Heel phenomenon. I haven't actually seen him wrestle a match yet but he did a pretty convincing bicycle kick whiff during a segment.